Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,920 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! (22336 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / Buhari To Unveil Anti-corruption Strategy / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by dtwsola(m): 12:15am On Aug 03, 2010
I have no problem with this. Yes I do think it's silly, but humans do all sorts of silly things for fun, and besides it's a good way to get non-419 publicity.

The issue is with the president's involvement. When do you ever see heads of state being involved in such shenanigans? This Goodluck man is consistently a fool of himself. First he tried to ban national football, and now this. Does this guy even know the responsibilities of a president? He is really looking like one jobless individual.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 03, 2010
abegi no be naija

'private citizens' canvassed for abacha

'private citizens' canvassed for yerima

'private citizens' are canvassing for johnathan

need i say more?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kilode1: 12:56am On Aug 03, 2010
Cake Ko, Akara ni undecided

Shey every single Nigerian will get to eat out of this thing or is it just for "representatives" of the people?

because some of us are sick and tired of being "represented" when "national cakes" are served.

If Mr record-breaker cannot guarantee that this cake will get to every face-me-i-face-you and every shack in Nigeria, then he shouldn't bother.  The symbolism is not new to us, we live it everyday
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Smi1(m): 12:57am On Aug 03, 2010
a lot of folks keep yelling " God help us, God intervene, God direct us, and stuffs like that as a matter of fact Nigeria will never experience a new era of greatness if we don't stand up and confront our leaders, I'm sure in 5 years to come we are still going to be on the same story line, " GOd dey, God will help us,  I personally don't see anything bad in nigeria unveiling World Largest Cake for her 50th Anniversary, but we shouldn't forget that our calamity and tribulation shall continue immediately after the anniversary.  sad undecided
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 03, 2010
let em eat cake
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by infobox: 1:20am On Aug 03, 2010
Well, that's part of the proposed N17B Independence jamboree. Can I get contract to supply icing or perharps sugar? Some select breed would get contracts to supply sugar, flour etc. I can supply icing or the fruiting they would need. I need a piece of the N17B.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by osifred(m): 2:23am On Aug 03, 2010
i have alwayz and will continue to say that government buisness is not only about building infastructure, those having problem with the cake i share with ur grievence but government is diversify and not only about building school, hospital, road etc
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2010
sometimes i find it hard to believe am a Nigerian,
rem 1990 was walking from school (lacicoya) and decided to change the 20$ my egbon sent me,it was 10 naira to 1 dollar and then I remembered my parents saying "e go better na him be poor man prayer"
when i enter poly i remebered also saying "e go better na him be poor man prayer"
now i comot for naija and i no ever remember saying that same phrase but i dare not say same about a lot of my friends still in naija
things have become worse while our leaders have become more greedy and yet e have Nigerians still just thinking that one day e go better.
which govt parastatal is free from fraud nowadays,name me a country with the economic capacity(albeit being stolen and wasted)that has not made any significant progress since 1960
we are still grappled with providing constatnt power supply,health issues are not t talk about{i still think of how NEPA's innadequacy contributed to the death of my baby boy who was born a premi but light was always going out at the hospital(ayinke house)}
roads are still a mess,is oshodi under bridge motor park still d same with that big crater?
is makoko always still overflooded whenever it rains?
are their still large gates before you get into your neighbourhood so armed robbers wont rob everyone on the street?
do u still have to take 3hrs to complete a 25 min journey by car?
do u still have mosque and churches blaring loud sounds at 4am in the morning while you are trying to sleep b4 you go rush for "molue" to get to our job that wont be paying you at the end of the month?
do you still ave police men harrassing the hell out of you all cos of 20 naira?
and yet we are celebrating.
i tire o
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by chelseabmw(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2010
I can't wait to eat from that cake
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by san26dy(f): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2010
They must be very stupid to be icing a cake in this hot weather. What a waste of money.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by konkolok: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2010
This government and their hangers-on will never stop shaming and embarrassing us. Wish someone will add OTAPIAPIA to that stupid cake!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Pain(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2010
Idiots! I heard there are Plans by MEND to Wire the Cake With Explosives?

The plan is to replace the 50 candle sticks with 50 dynamites each 10 grams of TNT. So watch out all you "Ijeku-Iges" and stay away from the Venue of Mediocrity .

Your Long Throats may lead you to Cut Throat Island 5 Degrees Latitude of Hell!!!!!!!

Dont ask me how I know ask the OCTOPUS!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Fynist(m): 9:45am On Aug 03, 2010
[color=Black][/color]
Pain:

Idiots! I heard there are Plans by MEND to Wire the Cake With Explosives?

The plan is to replace the 50 candle sticks with 50 dynamites each 10 grams of TNT. So watch out all you "Ijeku-Iges" and stay away from the Venue of Mediocrity .

Your Long Throats may lead you to Cut Throat Island 5 Degrees Latitude of Hell!!!!!!!

Dont ask me how I know ask the OCTOPUS!
.Lmfao na true my person.I hope d fire service have water in dia tanks.Shameless twerp
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by obi123: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2010
@konkolok , God bless u o jare!!!!

You know i thought of it aswell ,poison the damn thing , since the government really has lost its focus , making the worlds largest cake has now become something to be proud of ,absolute waste of flour , sugar ,butter, eggs etc. we should be recognized for something more significant not bleeding cake.

if we had anything to celebrate it would have been different but we have absolutely nothing to celebrate so they should shove it really.

This is an opportunity to wipe off all those idiots , just imagine the joy of the nation when they all eat the so called cake which will transport each and everyone of those thieving bastards to the pits of hell where they freaking belong . Idiots!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by awa17(f): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2010
We need prayers in this country, this is what,  misplaced priority! hitting the Guiness world record amist the povery and NEPA wahala! Whoever is organising this should be ashamed, what is there to show off in the past fifty years embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by oluite(f): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2010
@Adrianne.most pple actually read that article.I for one dont believe evrytin i read in an article, This is Nigeria!!
its fine if u agree wit d article but obviously too many nigerians av been fooled so many times u cant blame them,
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by jokingmary(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2010
Alright after celebrating, eating national cake, sing national anthem, bla bla lba. Then they go home with their car galloping because of pot holes, get home and put on their different types of generators sad

Labbish
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by taosola(m): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Very very funny indeed!!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nixo: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2010
BIG CAKES for all Nigerians, all non-abuja residents better book your flight tickets to the capital cos there would be enough to go round, dont be told the story o, Our paralysising country is 50 afterall, grin grin grin grin, make we chop cake forget our sorrows,

Hope they are also thinking about the drinks to go with the cakes too?? NIgerian Breweries please take note, More money to be made here, grin grin grin

STUPID COUNTRY!!!!STUPID VERY STUPID INDEED
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2010
Good one sha, are they going to provide juice drink too?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Thelonius: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2010
Now everyone can have a piece of the "national cake", that's if the politicians on the high table don't scramble for it. We're so wasteful.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by slimnike(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
This is just another means for "them" to embezzle money. sad
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2010
Although Nigeria might not have achieved a lot at least to say many people; however, the iconic symbol of independence and freedom, 50 years of that is worth celebrating regardless of little achievement. At times, we just have to relax and let certain things slide not because it's right and not because we stupid to say no, but because of the event that caused the situation in the first place.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2010
manny4life:

Although Nigeria might not have achieved a lot at least to say many people; however, the iconic symbol of independence and freedom, 50 years of that is worth celebrating regardless of little achievement. At times, we just have to relax and let certain things slide not because it's right and not because we silly to say no, but because of the event that caused the situation in the first place.
exactly what is wrong with Nigeria,in 10 yrs they will be making giant meatpie and you will say let it slide
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by tpiah: 12:03am On Aug 04, 2010
giant meatpie?

not bad.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by topup: 3:39am On Aug 04, 2010
Fantastic!! Celebrate and achieve!!

We just need to spread this attitude to everything!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Akosbaba(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2010
Don't be surprised when #700m will be accounted for as being the cost of the cake cos the post doesn't explain who's paying no wonder they needed #10b
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Ranoscky(m): 6:42am On Aug 04, 2010
^
#700 million? shocked

y r u talkin lyk dis na? undecided if dey say d cost is #700 million, dat means dey'r truthful den.

D least amount dey'll say is d cost is 4rm #1billion upward, sayin d ingrdnts used in bakin d cake was sent 4rm abraod.

N dat is exactly what u'll hia from dem. let's wait n see!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by awa17(f): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2010
I wonder how its going to be preserved sef, im sure half would be rotten b4 its finished  cheesy, as per no light, or it may fall in a village in Abuja, then all the inhabitants will have a taste  cheesy
and to think of how much would be spent, PATHETIC!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by obi123: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2010
giant meat pie!! just the thought of it made me laugh like mad
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Slyr0x: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2010
milehigh06:

sometimes i find it hard to believe am a Nigerian,
rem 1990 was walking from school (lacicoya) and decided to change the 20$ my egbon sent me,it was 10 naira to 1 dollar and then I remembered my parents saying "e go better na him be poor man prayer"
when i enter poly i remebered also saying "e go better na him be poor man prayer"
now i comot for naija and i no ever remember saying that same phrase but i dare not say same about a lot of my friends still in naija
things have become worse while our leaders have become more greedy and yet e have Nigerians still just thinking that one day e go better.
which govt parastatal is free from fraud nowadays,name me a country with the economic capacity(albeit being stolen and wasted)that has not made any significant progress since 1960
we are still grappled with providing constatnt power supply,health issues are not t talk about{i still think of how NEPA's innadequacy contributed to the death of my baby boy who was born a premi but light was always going out at the hospital(ayinke house)}
roads are still a mess,is oshodi under bridge motor park still d same with that big crater?
is makoko always still overflooded whenever it rains?
are their still large gates before you get into your neighbourhood so armed robbers wont rob everyone on the street?
do u still have to take 3hrs to complete a 25 min journey by car?
do u still have mosque and churches blaring loud sounds at 4am in the morning while you are trying to sleep b4 you go rush for "molue" to get to our job that wont be paying you at the end of the month?
do you still ave police men harrassing the hell out of you all cos of 20 naira?
and yet we are celebrating.
i tire o

Well spoken bro, I feel yhu, !
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Pafuri(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
1. How about declaring the day a 'A national Day of Prayers'? Though not a believer myself, it occurs to me that I read somewhere that Nigerians are the most religious on earth. So lets hav, e a day when we could get our religion on. Prayer and fasting will not only touch the 'gods', they will also do us well by cleansing our psyche as well as our bowels. Please note, that since this has a spiritual and physiological goal, no thithes or any other donations should be made in the various venues of worship. Keep your money, you need it for survival. My only fear is that this will be sabotaged by politicians of all persuations, ugliness, and immorality. You can bet they will show up in their convoy of the most expensive IMPORTED cars, bought with the peolpes money. They and their hangers-on will show up, clad in the biggest agbada, baba-riga, and the various symbols of ethnic identity. They just have to have a celebraion! It is the opportunity for them to 'feed' the people with the crumbs from their (the leaders) well stocked pantries and dregs from their wine cellar.

2. Why not just shut Nigeria down for that day? Yes, shut it down as in a self imposed curfew that will last 24 hours. Spend the time with your family, friends and neighbors. Please do not celebrate as it is customary with you to celebrate even those who steal your property, and thank the God of Israel for those who make Nigerian's , Africans', and the black race's lives so unlivable. Do not thank God for having blessed those, ask for God's wrath on them! Whatever God you worship must be quite unfair and inconsiderate that those thieves are still roaming free. Not even a million 'shaloms', nor a billion 'aslaa m alaiwhatever' will stop them. Considering what they have done, are still doing, and will certainly continue to do, despite all your prayers, your worship, your faithfullness; Nigerians probably need to reconsider their relationship with God. As the Yorubas see it, a relationship based on faith is reciprocal : I worship you, make sacrifices to you, and obey your injunctions; the least you can do is help me, 'Orisa bo l'e gbemi, fimi sile bose b'ami'. If our leaders are not ready to stop 'leading' us to ruination, the least we can do is protest. But do we? Oh no! As far as we are concerned their worldly 'sucess' is 'just' a blessing from God, and who are we to go against 'Yahweh'. We follow them to give thanks for keeping to themselves what was meant for the commonwealth. We follow them to Mecca, Medina, Jerusalem, River Jordan, Lourdes, Rome etc., etc,. God must have a great sense of humor. This is what comes to my mind when I see them, piously reading the Bible by the River Jordan, or hitting their forehead on the ground in Mecca. Meanwhile nothing works: no electricity, no water, the roads are not motorable, the kids dont go to school; teachers, professors, doctors are not paid, many die in an attempt to collect their pension, and all our leaders want to do is celebrate 50 years of independence? Forgive me if I say there should be no celebtration of failure even if it is a failure of one day, talk less of 50 years. Yes, SHUT NIGERIA DOWN! Nigerians should meet and discuss how to bring profound change in all aspects of life, private and public, or if you want, how to get rid of these vampires that pretend to lead us.

Just wondering.
See More

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Deji Arrested Over 'No Secret Trial' Protest For Nnamdi Kanu / Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust / All 6 SW States Are For Labour Party: LP reacts to defection of EXCOs to APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.