Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award (21141 Views)

Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology / Why Daddy Freeze Blocks People On Instagram. Examining Reasons / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
Acehart:

Please sir, at first you were sitting on the fence now I don't understand where you stand. Let us speak where the scriptures speak,and be silent where the scriptures are silent. Sir, Abraham gave a tithe, not one or two or more. Please make a choice for me: should I follow Abraham, the Law or Christ Jesus? Thanks Sir

Abraham never existed under the law, so his act of paying tithe is not associated with the Law of Moses. To your question, follow Jesus, but remember he never said you shouldn't pay tithe neither did he say you should. So, your paying or not should be based on your desire, not on any law; that is exactly what Abraham did because no law obligated him to pay, he simply did out of faith.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The things which Abraham did which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly stated in the Bible. Abraham slept with his maid, but we are not allowed to do so because the New Testament clearly spoke against adultery.

The person Abraham paid tithe to was Jesus. Go and study the Bible very well.

Abraham's children paid tithe. The Israelites were his children. grin
Does the New Testament prohibit slavery
So God wants s to continue with slavery
Does it tell us to stop killing witches or stoning adulterers
No it was not adultery she was his slave whom he married.
He had 3 wives and 9 children. Any evidence that any of his children paid tithes

You have not told us where Abraham was commanded to pay tithe.
You have not shown where he ever paid tithe from his work which was a herdsman
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Emmariks:
It is also possible that you have not heard that the son and the father are one. It pleased God (The God Head) to make Jesus the only way through which salvation can be obtained. Otherwise, don't believe in Jesus and see if you'll receive salvation.

cheesy

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
0monnak0da:

I am not hear to joke with you
Did Abraham earn a living as a warrior was my question?

Mechilzedeck was Jesus?

What is the evidence for that?

Forget about my ilk. I am not here to play

Do yu have evidencce that Abraham paid tithe on any other occasion beyond the one when he took up arms to recover the property of his relative who had been robbed

Abraham was a herdsman, of cattle sheep etc. That is how he earned a living. Did he ever pay tithe on that?

Tithe is 10% of all your increase. The spoils of war was part of Abraham's increase. Please google up to know about Jesus and Melchizedek.

If I give you evidence of Abraham paying tithe a second time, you will still ask for a third time and fourth time.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Tithe is 10% of all your increase.

Can you back this up with scripture.

What Abraham paid was not 10% of ALL his increase

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
Emmariks:
that was why Abraham could not bring salvation to mankind. But there was nothing Christ did that was wrong. More reason we follow him.
Interesting but a digression
You follow Abraham when it comes to tithe not Jesus?? Continue

Answer the direct questions and do not change the topic

What has that go to do with tithes
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
0monnak0da:
Does the New Testament prohibit slavery
So God wants s to continue with slavery
Does it tell us to stop killing witches or stoning adulterers
No it was not adultery she was his slave whom he married.
He had 3 wives and 9 children. Any evidence that any of his children paid tithes

You have not told us where Abraham was commanded to pay tithe.
You have not shown where he ever paid tithe from his work which was a herdsman

The New Testament prohibits slavery. If you want to be enslaved, then go ahead and enslave others. That's why the Bible said do unto others what you want others to do to you.

As for witches and adulterers, I believe you remember how Jesus treated one adulterer.

No one said Abraham followed any commandment when he paid tithe. He simply did out of faith.

Yes, his children the Israelites paid tithes. grin
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
0monnak0da:

Can you back this up with scripture.

What Abraham paid was not 10% of ALL his increase
Go and find the meaning of the word tithe.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Acehart: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Abraham never existed under the law, so his act of paying tithe is not associated with the Law of Moses. To your question, follow Jesus, but remember he never said you shouldn't pay tithe neither did he say you should. So, your paying or not should be based on your desire, not on any law; that is exactly what Abraham did because no law obligated him to pay, he simply did out of faith.

Sorry sir for the harsh words I shall say. You feign being neutral but you have taken a side. From your words, the scriptures are not the supreme guide to the actions of men but their feelings. Do you know it is a witchcraft philosophy you unknowingly potray?

Elie Wiesel - We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The New Testament prohibits slavery. If you want to be enslaved, then go ahead and enslave others. That's why the Bible said do unto others what you want others to do to you.

As for witches and adulterers, I believe you remember how Jesus treated one adulterer.

No one said Abraham followed any commandment when he paid tithe. He simply did out of faith.

Yes, his children the Israelites paid tithes. grin

I have not asked for opinion or explanation

Where does the New Testament prohibit slavery.

How do you know he paid out of faith?
There is no evidence for that.
In the Hebrew version ( original) it is not clear who paid who whether it was Abraham or Mechilzedek

Let us go with the English translation and agree that it was Abraham

In the same story we are told that he paid Mechhilzedek who was a king so we do not know whether he was paying tax or a religious tithe.

He had no relationship with the guy so why should we assume it was paid out of faith and not a TAX ( ground rent) for taking plunder in te guy's territory.

What faith are you talking about? What is the scriptural backing for that claim

The test of Abrhm's faith was very explicit and clear in the bible about sacrificing his son.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Denikayan: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
gaventa:
So a true man of God will engage in arguments

Not an argument.

Its a discussion

Point it out to clearly what you the Bible say about tithing

Is it a new or old testament belief.

The question is very straight forward.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Barristter07: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Where is it written that they didn't collect tithe?

Did they collect tithe ? Provide the evidence of proof.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Go and find the meaning of the word tithe.

Do not be ridiculous and answer the question

Did he pay 10% of ALL his increase or PART of his increase.

He only paid on what what was recovered.

He did not pay on his increase from his own core business which was animal husbandry. The increase in his own sheep,cows camels etc.

Did he pay out of that?

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Where is it written they did not use mobile phones?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Lol. Who play you dis wayo?
according to your signature, i already know what you are here to do. My desire is that you come to light soon.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by chubbyswit(m): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
What I keep wondering is why an atheist/atheists will open a thread just to try bash and mock Christianity even though it shouldn't be any of their business. No wonder the Bible called them fools!!!
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
0monnak0da:
Where is it written they did not use mobile phones?

So, why should anyone slammed people for using mobile phones?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Did they collect tithe ? Provide the evidence of proof.

Give us prove that they did not collect tithe.

Two can play this game grin
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

ours is not to follow what was not written. But that which was written. So were was it written that the Apostles received tithe?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
Emmariks:
ours is not to follow what was not written. But that which was written. So were was it written that the Apostles received tithe?

Following the good things which are written is actually good. But kicking against doing something which nothing is ever written against in the Bible is what I term wrong.

As long as you can't show me where it is written that Christians should not pay tithe, then you have no right to speak where the Bible hasn't spoken.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Barristter07: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Give us prove that they did not collect tithe.

Two can play this game grin

You lacked prove that they do. Fine.

Now they didn't.

Nowhere do we read of the apostles Preaching paying of tithe by congregations, collecting or PRACTICING it .

Any objection ?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by biodunid: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
How about starting a 'go fund me' effort for hm? I would love to support him and plug the hole I expect he now has in his income.

JeromeBlack:
Whether you support Daddy Freeze or not, you cannot argue against his steadfastness in the face of great opposition from a horde of christian tithers.

Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze has become the face of the anti-tithe movement. With his eloquent sermons on social media under his "Free The Sheeple movement, he has swayed a lot of people against the doctrine of tithe.

The unfortunate truth is that Daddy Freeze has suffered a lot of abuse from christians who support tithe, both personally and professionally. On social media, he has received insults towards his wife and marital life. He has been cursed by certain christians who wish death and suffering upon him. He has lost a lost of sponsors and hosting contracts as a result of his outspokenness against tithing.

With all these abuse hurled against him, Freeze still soldiers on in his mission free the sheeple in Nigeria. One must also commend Freeze for reinforcing his anti-tithe arguments with biblical references. His scholarly method of argument has won a lot of fans to his side. Many commentators and spectators on the tithe culture wars have indeed noticed that Freeze actually quotes the bible more than his opponents in tithe arguments.

Another thing that Freeze should be commended for is his outreach to the poor. He actually put actions to his word action by engaging in charity programmes to help the poor. Freeze argues that it is better to "tithe" to the poor who need the money more than rich pastors.

In order not to sound biased, one must also point out that Freeze is not a saint. He confessed that it took him a while to stop tithing- long after he started preaching against tithe. While one can say that Freeze was being honest, one cannot dismiss the temporal hypocrisy displayed. Furthermore, his divorce was a bit messy for the average christian.

All in all, Daddy Freeze remains a great man. A man who did not give up, even in the face of a great opposition. Billionare pastors could not stop him in his mission to free the sheeple. A David and Goliath story. History will remember him.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Barristter07: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Following the good things which are written is actually good. But kicking against doing something which nothing is ever written against in the Bible is what I term wrong.

As long as you can't show me where it is written that Christians should not pay tithe, then you have no right to speak where the Bible hasn't spoken.

The Bible said Christians commit themselves to the TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES.

Was tithe ever part of this teaching ?

Truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

So, why should anyone slammed people for using mobile phones?
Your reasoning is weak who is slamming anyone?

I am merely pointing out the illogicality in your reasoning.

Let me try again there is a latin aphorism

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on the person who makes a claim to prove it and not the person who denies it to disprove.
If you say there are little green men on Mars then it is for you to prove. It I dispute you cannot turn around and say prove there are no little green Men.

It is for you to provide proof that the apostles collected tithes or that they wanted those coming after them do so so. It is such n important matter that Adeboye said those who do not pay will not make heaven and the Apostles were totally silent on it?? How absurd is that.

Hence my statement

Where is it written they did not use mobile phones. Does that mean that they used mobile phone?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

The Bible said Christians commit themselves to the TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES.

Was tithe ever part of this teaching ?

Truth is bitter
Is tithing a teaching?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Chuphy: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=JeromeBlack post=73705311]Whether you support Daddy Freeze or not, you cannot argue against his steadfastness in the face of great opposition from a horde of christian tithers.

Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze has become the face of the anti-tithe movement. With his eloquent sermons on social media under his "Free The Sheeple movement, he has swayed a lot of people against the doctrine of tithe.

The unfortunate truth is that Daddy Freeze has suffered a lot of abuse from christians who support tithe, both personally and professionally. On social media, he has received insults towards his wife and marital life. He has been cursed by certain christians who wish death and suffering upon him. He has lost a lost of sponsors and hosting contracts as a result of his outspokenness against tithing.

With all these abuse hurled against him, Freeze still soldiers on in his mission free the sheeple in Nigeria. One must also commend Freeze for reinforcing his anti-tithe arguments with biblical references. His scholarly method of argument has won a lot of fans to his side. Many commentators and spectators on the tithe culture wars have indeed noticed that Freeze actually quotes the bible more than his opponents in tithe arguments.

Another thing that Freeze should be commended for is his outreach to the poor. He actually put actions to his word action by engaging in charity programmes to help the poor. Freeze argues that it is better to "tithe" to the poor who need the money more than rich pastors.

In order not to sound biased, one must also point out that Freeze is not a saint. He confessed that it took him a while to stop tithing- long after he started preaching against tithe. While one can say that Freeze was being honest, one cannot dismiss the temporal hypocrisy displayed. Furthermore, his divorce was a bit messy for the average christian.

All in all, Daddy Freeze remains a great man. A man who did not give up, even in the face of a great opposition. Billionare pastors could not stop him in his mission to free the sheeple. A David and Goliath story.

Friend, I don't think u follow freeze teaching and outburst occasionally, if u do ,u will notice a lot of deep rooted bitterness and hatred for pastors of course there are so many pastors that have turned the church into business, Jesus spoke about tithing once in the bible Mathew 23:23, he was only against people who hypocritically pay tithe while leaving out the more important characters of a good Christian.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Oh, you must have learned about fossils from the book of Deuteronomy.. You sound very enlightened, dear Sir..

Are u an Atheist?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Chuphy: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

sorry kindly explain this verse Mathew 23:23

KJV:Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by HappyPagan: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

Are u an Atheist?
Yes, I am.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chuphy:

sorry kindly explain this verse Mathew 23:23

KJV:Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

That's Jesus clearly telling the Pharisees and Scribes that they paid too much attention to tithes and ignored the weightier matters of the law. He said they ought to have done both.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Yes, I am.

How far?

Where are ur other guys?

How do u meet?

Where do u roll??

u have a Whatsapp group? Can i join?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Twizzy30(m): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
esdeemiami:
For every movement of ideology there will always be followers because even before the ideology becomes a movement certain people are in a corner thinking same way the world has always been like this and wont stop all i say in this tithe issue is an act of Jealousy and Envy and even those that dont make offering talkless tithe will be quick to comment stick to what you believe nobody dare talks about the muslims clerics nobody talks about the Alfa or Imam but we are quick to condemn pastors or you think muslims too dont pay tithe we have become more philosophical than being more spiritual so we only passive things with a carnal mind tp discredit spiritual principles
Are you muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COZA Introduces Online Payment Of Tithes, Offerings, Seeds & Pledges / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.