Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It (1481 Views)

Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? / Why Do Programmers Run Away From Java? / Why Do Programmers Still Look For Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by mayorbaron(m): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2018
I recently discovered when I started taking this coding thing serious that almost all the startup, Hub and rich tech meet-up all happen in Lagos.

For some of us that want to base in Port Harcourt, what are our options since almost all software developers are running to Lagos and honestly there where all the jobs are.

Please are their developers working in Port Harcourt or UYO that are making it. Please show yourself and encourage a brother.

1 Like

Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by Ahmedie28(m): 7:32am On Dec 10, 2018
To be sincere, it is very difficult to make it outside Lagos as a software developer , I hardly get engage in Niger state here.

1 Like

Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by emmyvet(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2018
mayorbaron:
I recently discovered when I started taking this coding thing serious that almost all the startup, Hub and rich tech meet-up all happen in Lagos.

For some of us that want to base in Port Harcourt, what are our options since almost all software developers are running to Lagos and honestly there where all the jobs are.

Please are their developers working in Port Harcourt or UYO that are making it. Please show yourself and encourage a brother.

I am a ASP.NET Developer working with a software company in Enugu but the sad truth remains that for you to get a fat pay as a developer you should be in Lagos, people with my experience level and skill earn twice of my salary.
Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by mcqwerty(m): 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
I was based in Calabar for a while. It was hard surviving as a website designer. Moving back to Lagos gave my Dev journey the proper perspective. I also got into web programming and SEO as well. The rest is history as they say.

From my experience, moving to Lagos was a breathe of fresh air. Lagos is not rosy, you need to prove yourself too because the competition among developers for well-paying jobs is high.

Be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by mayorbaron(m): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
emmyvet:

I am a ASP.NET Developer working with a software company in Enugu but the sad truth remains that for you to get a fat pay as a developer you should be in Lagos, people with my experience level and skill earn twice of my salary.

Why don't you move to Lagos
Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by emmyvet(m): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
mayorbaron:

Why don't you move to Lagos
Sure I have that in mind but have something that requires my attention in Enugu for sometime now so once it's ready I can move.
Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by airsaylongcon: 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's like asking if developers outside Silicon Valley make it. Define what it means to "make it" then we can discuss if developers outside Lagos "make it"
Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by ensodev(m): 9:17am On Dec 11, 2018
I really dont believe you cant make it as a developer outside lagos. It could be hard for someone seeking employment to get a good paying job outside lagos.

But if you are not on employment seeking side then..your invention and strategies will suerly determine your success.

1 Like

Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by mayorbaron(m): 6:18am On Dec 18, 2018
Averagely, how much does a developer in Lagos earn via direct employment. Any idea.
Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by sparkle6(m): 7:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Making it is a function of your Hard work and was never in peculiarity to a particular location.
All you need is a proper advert of yourself many programmers in Nigeria lack good marketing skills thereby making them look redundant.

1 Like

Re: Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It by mcqwerty(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
Junior developers with low budget private firms earn 40,000-70,000 monthly.

Experienced (intermediate) developers earn 120,000 naira upwards.

This also depends on what programming language the firm uses.

(1) (Reply)

Hookup For Arduino Programmers. / Web Development And Web Design - The Difference / Does Opay Have An Api

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.