Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Let's Talk Feminism ��� - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Talk Feminism ��� (270 Views)

Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk Feminism ��� by jerkins247: 8:05am On Dec 10, 2018
Ladies and gents.....lets talk about feminism ���.

What is feminism?
You should understand that feminism is -A social theory or political movement which argues that legal and social restrictions on women must be removed in order to bring about equality of both sexes in all aspects of public and private life.

This movement or theory is advocating for equal rights between both sexes....that means whatever a man does....a woman should be allowed to do same....

Before proceeding...i would want you to understand that i don't hate feminists, i don't hate feminism, all i want you to do, is to understand the logic behind this thing "feminism".

This movement demands equal rights to everything, both in the public and private aspects of life, so therefore if a child is bearing the surname of his father, the mother has equal right to give her own surname to the child. Therefore the child could take up whatever surname the mother wants. Logic

And also, in our african culture and tradition, it is the man that pays the bride price of a woman, so since that is a right, feminism states that a woman should be given same chance/right. Equality

You all should understand the requisite and tenets of feminism. #equality. And also, please do not forget, feminism was never a movement generated by nigerians, it is a foreign something, so i don't see the possibility of you being a married woman and adhering strictly to the tenets of feminism.

Now my resolution
What our feminist, should be advocating for is EQUITY not EQUALITY.
There is a big difference between equity and equality

Equity means Justice, impartiality or fairness
While Equality means non variability, being equal.
I therefore advice our dearest feminists, preach equity nor gender equality.
Preach fairness......not equality

THANK YOU
Please if you want to insult me don't tag me....but if otherwise, you can tag me i am willing to respond and see sense in whatever idea you are passing across.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism ��� by Rextizzle(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2018
Nairaland girls are feminist online but offline they are nothing, the internet truly gave some people the temerity to say rubbish, I don't blame them though. grin
Re: Let's Talk Feminism ��� by Masama: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2018
What I see in most present day feminists is Man hating and nothing more. They embraced the philosophy from a place of anger and hate. That's the beginning of their error. In the presence of anger and hate, wisdom and rationality disappears. If feminism is about equal rights, then I am for it but if it is the man hating and female superiority promoting type I am seeing all around, then I am irrevocably against it because I have no doubt that it is destructive and nothing good can ever come out of it

(1) (Reply)

When A Lady Cannot Friendzone Even If A Guy Failed It. / Where To Meet New Friends / The Other Side Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.