Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! (16687 Views)

Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
[quote author=radautoworks post=73747111][/quote]

Go and bring down the price of your goods first now ..your followers are too blind to see

https://www.nairaland.com/4876476/cost-analysis-radauto-shop#73436204

Cat dey sleep, rat come bite his tail .. Wetin you dey find... palavar you dey find ...

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
diportivo:

yes he replaced the araldite and dangote cement with ogbuta and lafarge cement

You play too much. grin grin

dru23:

Go and bring down the price of your goods first now ..your followers are too blind to see

https://www.nairaland.com/4876476/cost-analysis-radauto-shop#73436204

You dumb fook, you decided to go there. We all knew that was the point of your stupid thread but chose to overlook. Now you decided to go there.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You dumb fook, you decided to go there. We all knew that was the point of your stupid thread but chose to overlook. Now you decided to go there.

"I been feeling I had to teach lessons to slow learners
Go head act up, get smacked in the head with the burner
I don't fight fair, I'm dirty dirty
I'm from Southside Jamaica, Queens, n@gga ya heard me?"
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by radautoworks: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

But he saved 72k before shipping by buying used parts with no warranties! That's smart!

Also, that shopping cart sure doesn't look like eBay tongue
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

But he saved 72k before shipping by buying used parts with no warranties! That's smart!
Completely brilliant! grin

You've seen peddlers before, but have you ever seen...a genius peddler?! One of a kind, our Dru.

2 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
Can we all just ignore the oil peddler? He feeds of the attention
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Also, that shopping cart sure doesn't look like eBay tongue

Lets speak #FACTS# in (DJ Akademiks voice). If you really look at it I actually saved 100k .. But I wanted to give room for shipping charges etc and plus and minus here and there.

Now out of all the 7items needed .. The Throttle body didn't need any replacement ,but I got another for future use. And the fuel injector needed to be flushed, not replace ..but I got a rebuilt it one... the rest of the items are brand new that are needed to fix the car ..now the rear shock which is not heavy at ,you can always get a tokunbo one in Ladipo .. So the weight factor has been reduced when shipping...
Now you talk about the warranty .. Please and please.. And the rest of the items from 8 down are basically new ..except for the fuel pump...
Now fight with your keyboard lady
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by radautoworks: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
dru23:

Well how come one of your best mechanic one nairaland does not use it or recommend it.. But he imports the USA brand them to sell... for me especially with over 1m naira sales... I think the car Enthusiast prefer the American brand better... I don't need to say more bro .. Look below.. I didn't see Mobil XHP... on this lovely Benz... Mobil American brand oil are specifically designed to meet the American brand cars ... and for fact most of the Nigerian cars are give or take mostly 60% American Spec.
Now are you aware that some cars like some model year Benz and some other German cars.. Mobil 1 does not meet the cars Manufacturer quality.. Please see below...
People, oil pass oil o .. Even the almighty Mobil oil 1 does not meet certain specifications of some cars manufacturer, it will recommend what is close to it ..but will it damage the engine of the car.. I don't really know... but me personally if I spent millions of naira on a particular brand of car.. I will make sure that I follow the manufacturer's advice.. Plain and simple

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Also, that shopping cart sure doesn't look like eBay :[/b]P

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by radautoworks: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

It's funny sometimes. Kinda like how you have goldfish that you ignore most of the time but sometimes you just watch them swim around in circles
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

They start ,I finish it ... don't start what you can't finish boy

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

It's funny sometimes. Kinda like how you have goldfish that you ignore most of the time but sometimes you just watch them swim around in circles

grin
Excellent analogy.

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

This is not about goldfish or no goldfish.. Bring your price down. Lady
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

grin
Excellent analogy.

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCar:

The OP has contradict himself alot.

He his asking for a friend but he keep narrating the story as his own.

He claimed they do VIN Check but his uploaded WhatsApp Chat didn't support the claim.

In OP response to my comments, he claims the car isn't being used but his EOD was used but the same car has been in the dealer car lot for over a year.

Also if OP is asking for a friend, how come he his chatting with the dealer as if he was the buyer. grin grin grin abi the friend of the OP is the one using the moniker to reply comments now.

Let OP just get a competent mechanic and get the issues with the car fixed and go back to renegotiate price with the dealer since OP neva pay finish for the car. grin cheesy grin

LOL! #Aproko gang Mind your business... decode whatever you think the situation is.

The car which is 07 not full option, no navigation was said to be 2.8M.

1.5M was paid outrightly and 400k plus so far has been spent on the car from the wallet of the buyer.

As earlier said if you couldn't see nor read it, there are lots of genuine reasons that the buyer opted to pay

1.5M now and balance as soon as possible which will be a factor of motivation from the car's performance.

For your information, paying the whole money outrightly for the said vehicle was not that an issue
because over 3M was in the account of the buyer the moment he paid the 1.5M.

Moreover! Such dealing is not a new thing but what most sellers don't know and understand about doing
such is that they should always give a vehicle that is in or that has been put into perfect condition.

What I actually learnt and observed from this experience is that most sellers won't want to give a vehicle
they know is in or has been put in perfect condition on such deal; they could have considered lots of things
and do some monetary calculations to be sure it will still favor them even if any kind of issue arises.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by radautoworks: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
dru23:

This is not about goldfish or no goldfish.. Bring your price down. Lady

Why? So you can afford them?

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
[quote author=radautoworks post=73748244][/quote]

I felt the exact same way when I was told the estimation bill of 172k at Radauto

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Did you replace or did you repair?

The gear mechanic said the pump and converter were only bad and could be repaired.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by dru23(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Why? So you can afford them?

"Why buy milk ? When you have a cow at home.." Am sure you can relate to the old American saying
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Remove oil and labour how much come remain?

They discovered that only the converter and pump got bad. They were changed

which they charged total of N130k for workmanship (to utmost satisfaction) and material, N26k for oil, 2k

for seal, 2k for running around.

The 65k which made it 225k is for towing, one 16k oil and workmanship for the previous mechanic that checked and replaced the oil
only to discover that it was leaking via the pump area while the car was outside the city.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
diportivo:

oil 5k (fixpower or abro 4 litre dexron0 ATF)

labour 10k(cos mecho will carry and pawn the old gearbox)

gearbox 200k (10 pin owode onirin standard)

rewire 10k(to rewire the ECU to fall for the tricks of the 10pin trans)

it's a win-win situation for all the parties involved..... especially the car seller grin

LOL!

Not everyone will be like you who is always with the mindset of spending low money or manipulating
things. Just checkout for how 160k was spent on the repair before saying what you could have done
if you were the one in the shoe. #Aproko gang grin grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalo calm down....

deep breaths papi, nobody is fighting u over how u spent your money... my major concern is how u r referring to this buyer in 3rd person....

money well spent, but be very sure of the fix....

so how much are u balancing the dealer..... u have spent 1.9 for a naija used vehicle.... used and abused, u have to share that loss with this dealer if he is willing to.... of course
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

LOL! #Aproko gang Mind your business... decode whatever you think the situation is.

The car which is 07 not full option, no navigation was said to be 2.8M.

1.5M was paid outrightly and 400k plus so far has been spent on the car from the wallet of the buyer.

As earlier said if you couldn't see nor read it, there are lots of genuine reasons that the buyer opted to pay

1.5M now and balance as soon as possible which will be a factor of motivation from the car's performance.

For your information, paying the whole money outrightly for the said vehicle was not that an issue
because over 3M was in the account of the buyer the moment he paid the 1.5M.

Moreover! Such dealing is not a new thing but what most sellers don't know and understand about doing
such is that they should always give a vehicle that is in or that has been put into perfect condition.

What I actually learnt and observed from this experience is that most sellers won't want to give a vehicle
they know is in or has been put in perfect condition on such deal; they could have considered lots of things
and do some monetary calculations to be sure it will still favor them even if any kind of issue arises.

I agree with you if you decide not to agree with me.

I also want to say A Very BIG THANK YOU for the lecture on how to buy a car in Nigeria without making full payment upfront. grin grin grin

Ooohhh, I remember I did same when I want to buy my car.

I meet the seller for the first time when we went to make payment and pick the car.

A competent mechanic has gone ahead a week before to conduct a comprehensive physical inspection of the car and another round of physical inspection was also done the day we went to make payment and drive the car home.

I also remembered not making full payment, I have outstanding of 500k which I write a post-dated cheque for 5 months (Yes, 5 months) and also stress test the car by using it on Uber for 7 month with over 30,000km covered within the period without any major repairs aside preventive maintenance and routine oil change.

*****************************############********

Summary:

Mistake as been made. Lesson has been learnt. Don't repeat the mistake and don't try to be too smart by disregarding expert opinions.

Experience can never be bought in the market, that is why expert charge a fee to advise you on the right direction and steps to take.

Please when next you're in the market for a car, do get a competent and 'Trustworthy' mechanic to do comprehensive physical inspection and also take VIN report serious if you're buying a tokunbo.

The token charged by the expert (Mechanic) would have save you this stress and cost.

To remedy the current situation, you can either find another FORTUNE person to sell the car to or find a competent mechanic or workshop to correct the wrong observed in the car using genuine material and you live happy after enjoying your ride. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
You for carry Gazzuzz go inspection o. All these things for no happen. undecided
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by CityNGR: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
dru23:

in ur face!!

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCar:

I agree with you if you decide not to agree with me.

I also want to say A Very BIG THANK YOU for the lecture on how to buy a car in Nigeria without making full payment upfront. grin grin grin

Ooohhh, I remember I did same when I want to buy my car.

I meet the seller for the first time when we went to make payment and pick the car.

A competent mechanic has gone ahead a week before to conduct a comprehensive physical inspection of the car and another round of physical inspection was also done the day we went to make payment and drive the car home.

I also remembered not making full payment, I have outstanding of 500k which I write a post-dated cheque for 5 months (Yes, 5 months) and also stress test the car by using it on Uber for 7 month with over 30,000km covered within the period without any major repairs aside preventive maintenance and routine oil change.

*****************************############********

Summary:

Mistake as been made. Lesson has been learnt. Don't repeat the mistake and don't try to be too smart by disregarding expert opinions.

Experience can never be bought in the market, that is why expert charge a fee to advise you on the right direction and steps to take.

Please when next you're in the market for a car, do get a competent and 'Trustworthy' mechanic to do comprehensive physical inspection and also take VIN report serious if you're buying a tokunbo.

The token charged by the expert (Mechanic) would have save you this stress and cost.

To remedy the current situation, you can either find another FORTUNE person to sell the car to or find a competent mechanic or workshop to correct the wrong observed in the car using genuine material and you live happy after enjoying your ride. grin grin grin

Nice revelations but I wasn't playing smart though for I needed to urgently get another car for a very important reason. I took the car based on trust that everything is ok and has been fixed. Also based on the deal of paying 1.5M outrightly and spreading the rest of 1.3M for not more than 6 months.

I didn't actually take the VIN check and report too seriously; I banked on what I got on vininspect, seller and mechanic.

But thanks to CarguideNG who helped me with extra ordinary checks early hour of today only to detect that the transmission of the vehicle was overhauled in October 2014. The car had 2 accidents and has a score of 34.

I took VIN report too serious in April 2016 when I got my EOD and I got a clean title one used by just two people with a score of 84.

What I was ignorant of checking was its customs paper only to detect that it was forged by the dealer, when the paper was checked by customs on my way to Osogbo early October this year. I had to part with N100,000 before I was lucky to be released after about 6 hours of delay.

Life is a lesson though and I believe that these experiences are only preparing me for something great in the autos venture! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
Finally agrees he's the one who bought the car.

3 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
legalo calm down....

deep breaths papi, nobody is fighting u over how u spent your money... my major concern is how u r referring to this buyer in 3rd person....

money well spent, but be very sure of the fix....

so how much are u balancing the dealer..... u have spent 1.9 for a naija used vehicle.... used and abused, u have to share that loss with this dealer if he is willing to.... of course

I have my reason of starting with that which has played out well! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Finally agrees he's the one who bought the car.

Now that you know; you can now start throwing whatever. grin grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

Now that you know; you can now start throwing whatever. grin grin grin

No one is holding that against you, bro. Tbh, I'd have just bought another transmission. Expensive, yes, but I'd do it for the peace of mind. You're in a Lexus, mate, you shouldn't be stressing over your transmission going kaput on the highway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / Rolls Royce & Bentley : Shared History, Separated At Rebirth. / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.