Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! (16605 Views)

Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2018
jossytech:
But sir I was rated 18 by same site and my Toyota Camry Gough never had issue since 2013, used for 2 years on reaching naija before I buy it, check light shown n culprit was egr which I bought and changed then no issue, I use Mobil 1 and total 5w40 if no Mobil available and use oando atf dex ii for trans. Still waxing strong till now

Send me the full report or VIN for me to see its content. Lots of things could cause low rating ranging from it being once reported stolen and the likes.

But the Lexus we are talking about here had 2 accidents, had its transmission overhauled/repaired, was awarded non-repairable title and was sold for 1,600$ on copart which are the factors for its low score.

The case of yours could be different! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by jossytech(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
drop ur line make i recharge u 500, this ur explanation enter my head and seem d best i ever read so far, thank you so much for bringing knowledge to us, i appreciate you, am upgrading to 07 corrola God willing 2019, advise me better, quote your line for recharge, am damn impressed, you explain thing so clear

CarGuidNG:

Hello Sir.

To understand the AutoCheck score one has to consider the total history of the vehicle. Factors that influence the score include the title, number of previous owners, accidents and their severity, Liens, specific use such as Taxi and Livery use, odometer readings, service history, and a lot more.

The score should also be understood in the context of the average range. The raw score is specific to the vehicle in the report, but the range is for millions of other similar marque and model, example,

Your vehicle's current score is 18, but the range is 23 - 45.
In comparison, the 2007 Lexus ES 350 scored 35, but the average range for millions of other similar 2007 Lexus ES 350 was 73 - 86

Your vehicle raw score (18), while lower than that of the Lexus (35), is closer to the overall Camry average (23 - 45)

The Lexus score (35) while higher than that of your Camry, is much lower then the overall Lexus average (73 - 86). Taking into account the other parts of the history, the Lexus appears in poorer condition than the Camry

The specific AutoCheck score of a vehicle as well as the range will continue to fall over time to account for the overall fall in the general condition of vehicles as they get older

Your Toyota Camry was manufactured in 1998, 20 years ago, and shipped from the USA in 2013, 5 years ago. Both the raw AutoCheck score and the range would have been higher back in 2013

The Lexus ES was manufactured in 2007, 11 years ago, and shipped in 2017, 1 year ago. In 5 years, both the raw score and the average would have fallen

The history is one aspect of the condition of a vehicle. Thorough physical inspection is always strongly recommended after the history report. Maintenance and service habits will also contribute to the performance and condition of a vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by jossytech(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Holla me once u get stolen report, orisirsi ni nairaland, kuku say i steal am sef. Nonsense 4T1BG22K4WU300703

legalwealth:

Send me the full report or VIN for me to see its content. Lots of things could cause low rating ranging from it being once reported stolen and the likes.

But the Lexus we are talking about here had 2 accidents, had its transmission overhauled/repaired, was awarded non-repairable title and was sold for 1,600$ on copart which are the factors for its low score.

The case of yours could be different! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by CarGuidNG: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
jossytech:
drop ur line make i recharge u 500, this ur explanation enter my head and seem d best i ever read so far, thank you so much for bringing knowledge to us, i appreciate you, am upgrading to 07 corrola God willing 2019, advise me better, quote your line for recharge, am damn impressed, you explain thing so clear

grin

Thank you Sir.

We specialize in Vehicle History Reports so we have an in depth understanding of how they help assess the condition of a vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
jossytech:
Holla me once u get stolen report, orisirsi ni nairaland, kuku say i steal am sef. Nonsense 4T1BG22K4WU300703

That is misunderstanding coming from you; I never said that your car is a stolen one but used that to cite example of one of those things
that could cause low rating.

Please go through what I said properly and analyse it with positive mindset.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
CarGuidNG:

Hello Sir.

To understand the AutoCheck score one has to consider the total history of the vehicle. Factors that influence the score include the title, number of previous owners, accidents and their severity, Liens, specific use such as Taxi and Livery use, odometer readings, service history, and a lot more.

The score should also be understood in the context of the average range. The raw score is specific to the vehicle in the report, but the range is for millions of other similar marque and model, example,

Your vehicle's current score is 18, but the range is 23 - 45.
In comparison, the 2007 Lexus ES 350 scored 35, but the average range for millions of other similar 2007 Lexus ES 350 was 73 - 86

Your vehicle raw score (18), while lower than that of the Lexus (35), is closer to the overall Camry average (23 - 45)

The Lexus score (35) while higher than that of your Camry, is much lower then the overall Lexus average (73 - 86). Taking into account the other parts of the history, the Lexus appears in poorer condition than the Camry

The specific AutoCheck score of a vehicle as well as the range will continue to fall over time to account for the overall fall in the general condition of vehicles as they get older

Your Toyota Camry was manufactured in 1998, 20 years ago, and shipped from the USA in 2013, 5 years ago. Both the raw AutoCheck score and the range would have been higher back in 2013

The Lexus ES was manufactured in 2007, 11 years ago, and shipped in 2017, 1 year ago. In 5 years, both the raw score and the average would have fallen

The history is one aspect of the condition of a vehicle. Thorough physical inspection is always strongly recommended after the history report. Maintenance and service habits will also contribute to the performance and condition of a vehicle.

Great explanation and insight... Thanks so much! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
CarGuidNG:

grin

Thank you Sir.

We specialize in Vehicle History Reports so we have an in depth understanding of how they help assess the condition of a vehicle.

Thumbs up! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by valarinz: 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
CarGuidNG:

grin

Thank you Sir.

Agreed, and he's fast too�

2 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2018
valarinz:

Agreed, and he's fast too�

Seconded! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Cosplay: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2019
thebigkendo:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8298809_20181211001414_jpegbadb878c975b62a3be69d38c9d3c3333

Hmmm the highlighted sounds familiar

I just took the time to go through the entire thread. Based on the OP's description and this image, you may be right.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8430163_20190104074749_jpeg728bd5f479c5fed644fb15bff58697a3
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2019
It be the trusted ones, eh.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lest I forget, happy new year to everyone in here!

I will keep you updated on this issue; my money(over 1.9M) is still in the air while the vehicle has been with the dealer to dispose

as Nigerian used. He said it is when he sells it that he will give me 1.1M(I already counted the loss and as well learnt the lessons) out of the sold

price which is usually between the range of 2M to 2.2M.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
legalwealth:
Lest I forget, happy new year to everyone in here!

I will keep you updated on this issue; my money(over 1.9M) is still in the air while the vehicle has been with the dealer to dispose

as Nigerian used. He said it is when he sells it that he will give me 1.1M(I already counted the loss and as well learnt the lessons) out of the sold

price which is usually between the range of 2M to 2.2M.

Pls confirm, your car is up for sale for 1.1m as is?
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Pls confirm, your car is up for sale for 1.1m as is?

Lol! It is the dealer's car not mine; he is in charge of the selling but said he will be giving me 1.1M back.

Remember I paid him 1.5M and spent over 400k on the car which means the lost on my part is say 800k.

You know that price of the Nigeria used of such vehicle ranges between 2M to 2.2M! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
legalwealth:

Lol! It is the dealer's car not mine; he is in charge of the selling but said he will be giving me 1.1M back.

Remember I paid him 1.5M and spent over 400k on the car which means the lost on my part is say 800k.

You know that price of the Nigeria used of such vehicle ranges between 2M to 2.2M! !!

go straight to the point, I have buyers lining up

The transmission will still be replaced .

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

go straight to the point, I have buyers lining up

The transmission will still be replaced .

grin grin grin

You too should have come straight because I was thinking you have come again with your usual mocking style.

I've called him this afternoon and he said that he has sold it although he said he replaced the transmission before selling it.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 5:09am On Jan 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
It be the trusted ones, eh.

grin grin grin

So-called trusted ones that are codedly ripping people off their hard-earned money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

ahhhh u have called cosplay already.... waiting for the dealer.... just chill.... we will soon get answers....

all cosplay needs is a pic(overseas or naija) doesn't mata

Cosplay was unable to detect the dealer but I will be revealing the dealer because current situation regarding this warrants that.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Some of us still want to know the nairaland Mexican cardealer you got the car from..

Not just some, all of you will know the dealer who is a nairalander soon. Thanks
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Cosplay: 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
legalwealth:

Cosplay was unable to detect the dealer but I will be revealing the dealer because current situation regarding this warrants that.

Sure about that?

3 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2019
legalwealth:

Not just some, all of you will know the dealer who is a nairalander soon. Thanks

You don't know the Mexican joke grin grin

Do you want a link to the car? grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2019
legalwealth:

Did I tell you that the dealer is a nairalander? #Chairmanofaprokos grin grin grin

legalwealth:

So which do we take? Na so the story start wit your friends car.. When we all knew It was you...

You are such a terrible liar grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

So which do we take? Na so the story start wit your friends car.. When we all knew It was you...

Not a lie, tbh.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
Anyway, we already know say na mathematics man.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by nurey(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
Aye Le oooo ibosi ooooo.

Too many EX cia, FBI, Scotland Yard, DSS I may even be taking it lightly with way you guys sniff out the truth I think we have some NAZI SS in our midst grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin

You are such a terrible listener and amebo! !! grin

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Oya drop the link to the car! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by diportivo: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
nurey:
Aye Le oooo ibosi ooooo.

Too many EX cia, FBI, Scotland Yard, DSS I may even be taking it lightly with way you guys sniff out the truth I think we have some NAZI SS in our midst grin

u didn't remember MI6

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

You are taking too long man!

Below is the link to the thread of the 1,600$ copart bought repackaged car that was going for 3.7M which got cleared in Nigeria on June 2017 or so;

https://www.nairaland.com/4088804/tin-can-cleared-2007-lexus-es

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by sauceEEP(m): 4:02am On Jan 09, 2019
Cosplay was right...
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:33am On Jan 09, 2019
legalwealth:

You are taking too long man!

Below is the link to the thread of the 1,600$ copart bought repackaged car that was going for 3.7M which got cleared in Nigeria on June 2017 or so;

https://www.nairaland.com/4088804/tin-can-cleared-2007-lexus-es

Car that cost under 2m to land and everything. Sold it for 3.7m and couldn't even be bothered to fix the mechanical issues. Mehn, Bleep some of these guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Read Traffic Signs: Recognizing Shapes And Colors / Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers / 10 Of The Most Famous Luxury Car Bonnet Ornaments Or Mascots Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.