Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:12 PM

Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying (14236 Views)

Why Trader Moni Is Sophisticated Vote Buying – Saraki / Traders Celebrating After Receiving Trader Moni In Ibadan (Photos) / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Limitednow: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yakubu Dogara, Speaker of the House of Representatives, has described the TraderMoni scheme of the federal government as direct vote buying.

Mr Dogara made the remarks while delivering his address at the one day ‘Public Hearing on Vote Buying and Improving Electoral Processes in Nigeria’, on Monday, in Abuja.

TraderMoni is an empowerment scheme created specifically for petty traders and artisans across the country.

The event organised by the National Assembly Joint Committee on Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had the leader of the National Assembly, Bukola Saraki, in attendance among other federal lawmakers.

POLITICS TIMES had earlier reported that Saraki described the scheme as sophisticated vote buying.

“I am delighted to address you on this public hearing, this is one of the important issue of the moment that needs to be addressed before the 2019 general elections,” Dogara said.

“For election to be qualified under a Democratic Government for it must be free, fair and credible.

“The recent phenomenal and direct buying of vote is very disheartening. As citizens, we must not surrender to this criminality.

“Vote Buying and other criminal electoral process has left our citizen in a disaster because they are ruled by fear rather than challenging them.

“I call on all Nigerians to rise and condemn all practices of Vote Buying as it is the worst form of corruption and should be treated as such,” Dogara said.

Delivering his remarks, Saraki who said the Chairman of INEC, Mahmood Yakubu, who doubles as the head of Electoral Commissions in West Africa, cannot afford to conduct an election that will not be seen as credible, peaceful, free and fair.

“It is instructive that in 2015, we in Nigeria set an enviable standard that encouraged more countries in Africa to democratise. In 2019, we cannot lower the standard. Quite clearly, there should be positive progression,” Saraki said.

“We must up the ante, therefore, because whatever we do will have impact on the continent and serve as a representation of Africa on the global stage.

“Permit me to observe, at this point, that our primary concern should be to entrench global best practices in our electoral process, ensuring that these are backed by legislations to make them sustainable and permanent.

“That is why I enjoin the leadership of both chambers of the National Assembly to come together and review all issues concerning the 2019 elections dispassionately and with patriotism.

”For example, the use of Incident Form to bypass the lawful process of accreditation and voting is not good for our country. We must do away with it.

“This is one of those issues concerning which, whether or not there is a law, all of us as stakeholders should come to agreement and address the anomaly. At the very least, it is one minimum condition that we must meet as we move towards 2019.

“All stakeholders should demonstrate the fact that a credible and transparent election is far better and more important than who wins that election.

“We cannot afford to send the wrong signals with our actions or inactions as we prepare for the next elections. The world should be able to take positive cues from us that we are ready to improve on our process and make our electoral process that much more transparent and credible. This is because perception matters, as you all know. Perception is, in fact, reality.

“This is necessary because the responsibility to conduct a credible poll is solely that of the Commission. This is elemental to retaining the confidence of the electorate.

“At this point, it does seem to me that the onus is on INEC to demonstrate its independence. It should be pro-active and take bold decisions.”

Saraki added that there is need to curb the “unlawful interference by security agents in the voting process.”

“It is all too clear that security agents are beginning to emerge as major clogs in the election process. Reports of collusion with political actors to disenfranchise voters is very worrying indeed.

“We cannot under any circumstances militarise elections, because that defeats the purpose of free, fair and credible polls. In an election, access to the polling unit for the purpose of casting one’s vote is the bare minimum.

“Once a voter is denied the opportunity to vote through bullying, intimidation and other forms of harassment, then vote rigging and electoral malpractice have free reign.

“The Commission should further seek the co-operation of the respective security agencies to ensure strict compliance.

“It is that way that Nigerians can trust the process, and it will be clear to all that the right steps have been taken with regard to the involvement of security agents.”

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/dogara-trader-moni-is-direct-vote-buying/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by madridguy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
angry
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by sunnymix: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's there time,let them loot... lipsrsealed
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by baliyubla: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Dogara saying it as it is. Sure the Hon. Speakers worst mistake ever was aligning with the Lifeless Dullard, which he did in the first place because of his loyalty to Tambuwal. Now he and his boss know better.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Biglittlelois(f): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Of course it's vote buying so let them continue, i know of some who collected the money saying they still would not vote for Buhari angry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by OldBeer: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Shebi if PDP had sense, they would have done the same thing.
But alas, they were too busy sharing the money amongst themselves.
All is fair in love and war - Sun Tzu

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by CityNGR: 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
cool
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by gurunlocker: 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
I've been waiting for this.

My question to those who said its not a vote buying process, why will the money distribution be handled by the Vice president of a country? If not to indirectly campaign? grin

Is the government saying they can't entrust the process to neutral people instead of asking the Vice president to be distributing #10,000 and taking pictures? shocked

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
God!!!

But the National Assembly approved this scheme in the 2018 budget. Where's the cry coming from?

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by magoo10(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
Call a spade a spade
Tradermoni is a subtle way of buying votes
It is the latest campaign tool designed by apc

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by PassingShot(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
This thing dey really pepper dem walahi!

And as e dey pain dem, e dey sweet us.

If you as a common man supporting these frauds of Atiku, Sarathief, Dogara and their likes do not see anything wrong in FG bailing out Skye Bank with N750bn to save depositors a result of mismanagement of the Bank's management (loans given to politicians for 2011 and 2015 elections); but you see something wrong in the government spending just N250bn on common citizens to help their trade, you need brain check.

Dogara and Sarathief and Atiku are really pained and frustrated about this tradermoni. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tradermoni is a GOAL grin grin

79 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by shadeze: 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
They know what they are doing
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by honestivo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can also do that as your constituency project .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by ibori1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018

merrybet code

yesterday was a blast big wins
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by cyril10(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
OldBeer:
Shebi if PDP had sense, they would have done the same thing.

But alas, they were too busy sharing the money amongst themselves.

All is fair in love and war - Sun Tzu

You want PDP to go the evil way of the self acclaimed righteous APC?

7 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Ziggylady(f): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
No doubt about that...shame on Osinbade the 'Pastor'

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by GOFRONT(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
grin

If they can buy Youtube views, Why cant they buy votes

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by OldBeer: 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
cyril10:

You want PDP to go the evil way of the self acclaimed righteous APC?
Ask me again

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Limitednow: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Buhari cited the timeframe of the amended electoral bill as reason for not assenting to the bill but didn't consider timeframe when he increased the salaries of police officers with whom he will use to rig the election.

Trader Moni has been in the 2016 budget, yet you waited for months to the election before you begin distributing the funds.

Well, I agree with Dogara on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Felixv: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
He sits on minimum of 15m naira a month. And now complains of 10k. Sick people

200m naira constituency projects —isn’t that vote buying. The problem is that the likes of Dogara and saraki pocket that money.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Ballotti: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Only in SHAMELESS SHYTEHOLES like Nigeria will a VP go from door to door buying votes! cheesy
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Allylic(f): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Trader moni

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Pataricatering(f): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Federal govt loaning money to the poor is vote buying and it is distressing our honourable speaker of the house but bailing out banks with billions is ok sha ! Nigeria’s money is only for the rich ! Hmmn !

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by babylonjah: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Vote buying o or not at least i know of many real beneficiaries

14 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by TheAntagonist(m): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
gurunlocker:

My question to those who said its not a vote buying process, why will the money distribution be handled by the Vice president of a country? If not to indirectly campaign? grin

Is the government saying they can't entrust the process to neutral people instead of asking the Vice president to be distributing #10,000 and taking pictures? shocked

Has anyone ever told you that you're really wise? grin

6 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Abdul9025(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
senseless man... but you supported it wen you are in APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by OmoManU: 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Haters of poor people
Senseless people, they just keep making gaffes everyday

8 Likes

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
gurunlocker:

All government projects are indirect campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by henrysam(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
For a professor of law and a pastor to be sharing money in markets is a height of irresponsibility.
If it's not vote buying why can't they use a better comouterised platform.
Are we really moving forward or backward?
In a saber societies dobtgey do this type of empowerment, if they do, is it through this medium.
Candidly and beautifully with great sadness apc and Buhari has dragged us back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by Zamad(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chai, everywhere buying and buying.
If it's not buying clone, it'll be buying votes abi buying views.
i jus weak cry
Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by festacman(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
E pain am bad bad. Long live Tradermoni!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying by gurunlocker: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

All government projects are indirect campaigns.

Oh really? Please tell me more... Remind me when a President of a nation or a vice president handle the distribution of meager money in the form of aiding "market sellers"?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / Race For NASS Clerk Intensifies, As 5 Jostle For Omolori’s Job / Lai Desperate To Revive Dead Career - Atiku-Okowa Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.