Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos (46688 Views)

Borno Shop Owner Arrested For Connecting 21 Fridges To Streetlight Generator / Shop Owner Catches A Thief Trapped Trying To Steal From Her Shop (Photos) / Wife Pours Hot Water On Husband For Buying Phone For Side Chick In Imo (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Mankosi: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Which video am I going to watch? Him carry camera go their car to collect the money? AbI una want make i waste MB for nothing?

2 Likes

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by openmine(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
femi4:
That's the easiest. You ll receive fake credit alert
grin
bro such flaws have been corrected!
That's why u have the bank app!

2 Likes

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by mechanics(m): 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
dominique:
Computer village people have carried their trade to Abuja. God help us from all these terrible scammers. Nobody should dare blame poverty for this. A lot of our people are just bad and criminal minded period.
Amen, people are desperate this days to live a big life.
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by mechanics(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
hmmmmm, na jazz o, he should apply for POS to check mate the excesses of those yahoo Boys.
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by ifnyioj22(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
No peace for the wicked devil!

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
Guyman02:
He is losing N110k, his profit on that phone may not be more than N5k and he will pay for shop rent, fuel generator, pay tenement and council fees. What a people we have in this country sad

20-15k
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by samazagudu(m): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
What pain me most is that even #100 note old. God dey ooo

1 Like

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by harryjunior17(m): 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
ikeno:
that man has been magalize.shabi der hand na counting machine,e don reach tym to count him no fit count. NO MAN BORN OF A WOMAN CAN EVER FOOL ME
really? then it means uve not encountered...
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by ikeno(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
harryjunior17:
really? then it means uve not encountered...
have seen and encounter alot of them and always beat them in their game cuz am always contented and very vigilant
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by davillian(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Lmao.
I think they gave the phone seller 100k and then asked him to count.
I believe he counted it twice and said its not complete
He gave them to count it again which in the process they swapped the 100k and then gave him additional 10k .
The mumu just carry money go shop grin
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
openmine:
Why are people not embracing technological advancements like the POS?
Due to the use of POS to pay cash,i hardly go to the ATM!
i know we still have a long way to go in technology advancement esp the network issues associated with money transfers using the internet but its still more secured than this manual way of transaction!
POS isn't safe either and it has issues. Cases of delay in receiving alert especially from banks like Ecobank is horrifying. And at times alert may not come but the customer has taken the goods. There even cases of fake alert going on
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Iamvjdamilola:
Only if you knew how easy it was to deceive a machine
But same device is used in other countries and it works well, why is Nigeria different?
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by openmine(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

POS isn't safe either and it has issues. Cases of delay in receiving alert especially from banks like Ecobank is horrifying. And at times alert may not come but the customer has taken the goods. There even cases of fake alert going on
Its sad and disappointing that most of people hardly peruse comments before replying....
This was what i said....

Why are people not embracing technological advancements LIKE the POS?
Due to the use of POS to pay cash,i hardly go to the ATM!
i know we still have a long way to go in technology advancement esp the network issues associated with money transfers using the internet but its still more secured than this manual way of transaction!

The highlighted portion of the comments states just one of the limitations of such tech advancements and if tackled will really help reduce the issues of receiving fake cash or being robbed while carrying raw cash to purchase a product!

The issues of delays in receiving alerts from certain banks are mostly due to internet issues.....the POS issues can be properly enhanced with reliable internet services!

fake alert is only possible when you don't have your own bank app to check your account balance!
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by ClitoPen: 1:08am On Dec 11, 2018
femi4:
see this one, come computer village. I will gba you even at noon. You ll go home with fufu/candle phone
lmao
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by ClitoPen: 1:11am On Dec 11, 2018
eazyman:

Best possible explanation....Its not jazz... Aboki guys at the Airport used this pattern in duping me when changing money until I busted them in the act...I insisted on recounting the money but the aboki said he is not changing the money again... Lol �.. I catch am..
pls explain
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 11, 2018
What is wrong with all the respondents talking trash of a swap? That was pure jazz(hypnosis) It even happens to car dealers.
This #100 notes are where the otumokpo dey.
Stop finding a natural explanation for it.

Swap ko exchange ni!

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by frozen70(f): 4:07am On Dec 11, 2018
When you get to see some people going through some certain things,

They will say village people are at work

They have scammed the shop owner by the time karma wants to return his own now, they will say people are bad.
Without knowing the courses behind it
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Thomthom(m): 5:45am On Dec 11, 2018
He should be Happy he met 100 naira note some na paper
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by xdeman: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2018
Guyman02:
He is losing N110k, his profit on that phone may not be more than N5k and he will pay for shop rent, fuel generator, pay tenement and council fees. What a people we have in this country sad
talking about profile.those banex or emab guys do sale goods with so much profit it should be up to 30k profile.only that there shop rent is over a million or so.depending were u are up or down stairs in the Plaza.
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Horlaslim(m): 7:03am On Dec 11, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
af never een fooled.
when i do deals.i dont put fixed price
and it must be day time and ss close as fuc to the atm
u dey atm machine i dey your back
no transfer. cash only
fuc
a whole 110k
nawa o

Pray not to be a victim nobody wise pass... we all get our leverages
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Hoodbilonia: 7:11am On Dec 11, 2018
like i said.i dont do dirty deals
af sold in lag.delta.imo. ibadan. calabar. everything na with sense .alert and of cos support. u wey wan sell level nor gree carry boys follow body.
rem egbegbe level
Horlaslim:

Pray not to be a victim nobody wise pass... we all get our leverages

1 Like

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2018
openmine:

Its sad and disappointing that most of people hardly peruse comments before replying....
This was what i said....

The highlighted portion of the comments states just one of the limitations of such tech advancements and if tackled will really help reduce the issues of receiving fake cash or being robbed while carrying raw cash to purchase a product!

The issues of delays in receiving alerts from certain banks are mostly due to internet issues.....the POS issues can be properly enhanced with reliable internet services!

fake alert is only possible when you don't have your own bank app to check your account balance!
The weakness in the use of the technology was the reason why many persons don't use POS. You mentioned the use of mobile app right?, how many persons are enlighten as you to use mobile app to check account balance? Is it mama Effiong that sells at the restaurant that would be checking her balance via mobile app?. Why do think the banks came up with ussd in the first place?. Most times the ussd fails hence many persons are afraid to use them. So using mobile app as an excuse to justify your claim is null and void because many Nigerians are not enlighten about it.
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by openmine(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

The weakness in the use of the technology was the reason why many persons don't use POS. You mentioned the use of mobile app right?, how many persons are enlighten as you to use mobile app to check account balance? Is it mama Effiong that sells at the restaurant that would be checking her balance via mobile app?. Why do think the banks came up with ussd in the first place?. Most times the ussd fails hence many persons are afraid to use them.
Bro as much as i understand your fears,nothing can stop an idea whose time has come!
The problem with us is that we are afraid of change...even when there is a platform to learn or be taught,we ignore it!
We can't keep doing things the archaic way and expect us to move forward!
For christ sake,this is the ICT age!
How did mama solo know how to operate an android fone?
How did papa joy learn how to operate a high tech lcd tv set?
Mama effiong will not be an illiterate forever!

So using mobile app as an excuse to justify your claim is null and void because many Nigerians are not enlighten about it.
Bro there are more than a thousand platforms about how to use a bank app!
if in doubt,a determined person can walk into a bank and get tutored about how to use the bank app same way such person was taught how to use an atm card!
Banks do tutorials for those who want to learn not those who think they know!

Why do think the banks came up with ussd in the first place?. Most times the ussd fails hence many persons are afraid to use them.
Just like when atm card innovation graced the world,it came with its flaws....however,advancements have been made....modifications will definitely be inevitable!
No tech is perfect...even a well secured website had once been hacked...Has that stopped the website from functioning or offering services?
If banks told customers how many times in a day they get hacked,am sure we would have withdrawn all our monies grin grin
issues will definitely arise,but one thing is certain....these technological devices or means have come to stay!
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by baratech: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2018
Chai

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2018
openmine:

Bro as much as i understand your fears,nothing can stop an idea whose time has come!
The problem with us is that we are afraid of change...even when there is a platform to learn or be taught,we ignore it!
We can't keep doing things the archaic way and expect us to move forward!
For christ sake,this is the ICT age!
How did mama solo know how to operate an android fone?
How did papa joy learn how to operate a high tech lcd tv set?
Mama effiong will not be an illiterate forever!

Bro there are more than a thousand platforms about how to use a bank app!
if in doubt,a determined person can walk into a bank and get tutored about how to use the bank app same way such person was taught how to use an atm card!
Banks do tutorials for those who want to learn not those who think they know!

Just like when atm card innovation graced the world,it came with its flaws....however,advancements have been made....modifications will definitely be inevitable!
No tech is perfect...even a well secured website had once been hacked...Has that stopped the website from functioning or offering services?
If banks told customers how many times in a day they get hacked,am sure we would have withdrawn all our monies grin grin
issues will definitely arise,but one thing is certain....these technological devices or means have come to stay!
I don't doubt your assertion but many persons are not enlighten on the use of such service. Do you know that some persons still queue at the ATM stand to transfer money? Are you also aware that it takes longer time to reverse transactions via POS?. This issue together with what I raised has been a mitigating factor. Yes technology introduced may have it's flaws but the ability to reduce them to the nearest minimum makes many persons to adopt it. You mentioned the use of ATM but fail to tell us that many banks came up with policies to force their customers to use the technology. To make matter worse, many banks now put limits on per withdrawal from ATM dispense machine. What is the regulatory body doing about this as they clamour for cashless policy?
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by ronk3(f): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2018
This issue of fake alert is worrisome, that was how one wanted to swindle me by sending fake alert, he wanted to buy a Defeathering machine of #230,000, he told me that he transferred #200,000 and later #30,000. I opened my mobile App and saw only #30,000. I just called the person that was to help me give him the machine that he should not give him until the alert of the #200,000 enter. He too was calling me saying that he was in a hurry, after about 30 minutes, I told him that I will call my bank, the person that was to assist me in giving him the machine said that he was pressing his phone to check his balance after about 2 minutes the alert entered. I had transferred the #180,000 to another account to check if it is real before calling him that the money had entered.

These people are everywhere and don't say it can not happen to you just be careful, watchful and prayerful.

1 Like

Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by openmine(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

I don't doubt your assertion but many persons are not enlighten on the use of such service. Do you know that some persons still queue at the ATM stand to transfer money? Are you also aware that it takes longer time to reverse transactions via POS?. This issue together with what I raised has been a mitigating factor. Yes technology introduced may have it's flaws but the ability to reduce them to the nearest minimum makes many persons to adopt it. You mentioned the use of ATM but fail to tell us that many banks came up with policies to force their customers to use the technology. To make matter worse, many banks now put limits on per withdrawal from ATM dispense machine. What is the regulatory body doing about this as they clamour for cashless policy?

Bro the issues you raised are things that are bound to happen which will give rise to more innovative solutions that will make it easier for people in the future using technology!

Before now,we actually used to queue up inside the banks with our tellers to either withdraw or deposit cash which is more like transferring or receiving cash.....
Hope you know the problems and risk people faced esp if they were required to transfer huge cash to some one and the cumbersome nature of the banks then!
Today with the ATM innovation, people no longer enter the bank unless there are personal bank issues to solve!
However,with every innovations comes with its own disadvantages....hence,there will be improvements along the way until the required perfection is gotten!

POS has its issues,ussd has its issues,there will be issues with the bank app....however,like every updates on ur phone or computer,these advancements will get upgraded and will perform better with time!

Am even repeating myself....You can't stop an idea whose time has come...however,we can seek more easier and safer means to save and protect our money either from robbers or fraudsters by seeking innovative ways rather than always complaining about why this or that didn't work!

lol...
They don't compel you to save your money in their bank...you can always do so by saving it at home if you feel its safer and less complicated there!
But if u must be in a bank,you must also adhere to their rules!
The banks placed limits due the recurring issues of online fraudsters or even live robbery to limit the amount of money taken just in case you were robbed!

Finally,there is nothing the authorities can do for now....For most of the bank's facilities to be fully functional and effective, the internet services in the country must be near top notch!
I don't need to explain about the issues of our current internet services in the country...that will be a matter for another day!
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by openmine(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2018
ronk3:
This issue of fake alert is worrisome, that was how one wanted to swindle me by sending fake alert, he wanted to buy a Defeathering machine of #230,000, he told me that he transferred #200,000 and later #30,000. I opened my mobile App and saw only #30,000. I just called the person that was to help me give him the machine that he should not give him until the alert of the #200,000 enter. He too was calling me saying that he was in a hurry, after about 30 minutes, I told him that I will call my bank, the person that was to assist me in giving him the machine said that he was pressing his phone to check his balance after about 2 minutes the alert entered. I had transferred the #180,000 to another account to check if it is real before calling him that the money had entered.

These people are everywhere and don't say it can not happen to you just be careful, watchful and prayerful.
lol....
once your money is in your account,nothing can take it away!
The reason for the fake alert is because you are suppose to receive two alerts....one from the person's fone,esp if the person is using an app which requires your number to be inserted to send to you,and the second alert which is from your own bank which comes with its bank balance!
If the second hasn't appeared,don't let the person go yet!
You can also check your bank app if you have one to confirm any incoming transaction!
Once your money is in your account,nothing can take it away!
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by thebestprice(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
charms, juju and magic is involved
Re: See How Two Guys Scammed Shop Owner After Buying Phone Of N110K. Photos by DipoToyo(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
vickydevoka:

How much does it take to have a cctv camera for a shop

It'll depend on the qty/type of cctv cam you're wanting. For example, 150k would do for 4wired cams with offline storage and 180k for 4wired cams with both offline n online remote viewing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Have Taken Over My Community In Kogi State (Photos) / Two Homosexuals Escape Lynching In Enugu (photo) / Islamic Cleric Arrested With Human Parts In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.