Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys (3046 Views)

Africa CAN'T Forget When Europe Caged Its Children Like Monkeys / If Evolution Is True, Then Why Don't Humans Look Like Apes Or Monkeys? / Photos: Hungry monkeys raid a school in search of food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by nNEOo(m): 6:35am On Dec 11, 2018
Chinese scientists announced in January that they'd cloned monkeys, thereby breaking the "technical barrier" for cloning humans

The scientists at the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Neuroscience cloned the monkeys using the same technique that produced Dolly the sheep two decades ago. But i t's still very difficult to clone primates: It took 127 eggs to produce two live macaques. (Scientists named the baby monkeys Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua.)

The researchers said they do not intend to clone people anytime soon. Instead, they want to use the scientific breakthrough to better study diseases and new drugs.

1 Share

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by nNEOo(m): 6:39am On Dec 11, 2018
Researchers also figured out other advanced new ways to make babies. But a recent announcement about genetically edited babies drew questions and criticism from scientists around the world.

In October, scientists announced that they'd birthed healthy baby mice from two moms and no dad. And this month, doctors reported a woman who received a transplanted womb from a deceased organ donor gave birth to a baby girl.

But a more controversial announcement came from Chinese scientist He Jiankui, who claims to have successfully edited the genes in a pair of twins born in China in November. By using a cut-and-paste DNA-editing technique called CRISPR, he said, the babies were born immune to HIV.

Jiankui hasn't produced any evidence to back up his claims, though, and it's not clear why anyone would need to genetically edit babies to ward off HIV, since life-saving drugs already exist for the auto-immune disease.

Scientists also worry that if Jiankui's claims are true, the changes he made could have far-reaching consequences, since any genetic mutations the babies may have would get passed on to their offspring.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by quinnboy: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2018
Science and technology
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by babyfaceafrica: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2018
rabbish
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by projectreserve2: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2018
Download Free Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
Click on the link in my Signature to visit website Now!
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by daddytime(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2018
It is well.

Make e kuku end make we all free from all these nonsense.
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2018
This igbo people are too illiterate, if want to get cloned Buhari it will take another 75years, it can't be done now.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by dannybrasky(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2018
You dey mind those iberibes.
supportnija:
This igbo people are too illiterate, if want to get cloned Buhari it will take another 75years, it can't be done now.

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by Mutemenot(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2018
dannybrasky:
You dey mind those iberibes.
Your problem is understanding, they haven't said Buhari was cloned. They said Buhari look alike was brought from sudan (of which I don't care if it's true or not)..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by 1x2x3: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2018
Mikee7:
You see even if they say they got someone who looks like Buhari, it is impossible to get someone who possesses the same creases in the face, same hand shape, e.t.c they are just using stupidly drawn conclusions to mislead gullible people, now they are saying " Take off your cap, speak Fulani", how hard would it be to teach someone a few words in Fulani, and change the hair design.

In the end its all foolishness, imagine me saying Kanu is a clone and he died since the operation python, that they cloned him in Israel. He has a scar on his chest and 4 nipples, let him go shirtless so everyone can see it grin grin cheesy

The only reason I don't believe Buhari was cloned or replaced is that it is extremely difficult getting someone who attains the same dumbness as Buhari.
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by techking: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2018
God's Gift
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by Minjim: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2018
Mutemenot:

Your problem is understanding, they haven't said Buhari was cloned. They said Buhari look alike was brought from sudan (of which I don't care if it's true or not)..

Nnamdi Kanu.is an erratic being . He said: dailypost.ng/2018/12/09/jubril-sudan-aisha-yusuf-exposed-cloned-buhari-nnamdi-kanu/

Earlier he also said :

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/12/02/biafra-i-never-said-buhari-was-cloned-nnamdi-kanu-counters-lai/

These are obvious traits of a lunatic.

What should really up for debate is how such an unstable lunatic was able to command such blind and unquestionable followership. He must've worked at something all his followers have in common - undilluted hatred and crass gullibility for anything Buhari or Apc. Thats really the problem

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by dannybrasky(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2018
The news has always been about cloning/imposter!! Both are so so impossible! We are talking about d number 1 citizen of a country. The world is involved and not just Nigerian citizens. A well schooled primary 6 student won't have to use Google to know it's a mare impossible task. Don't be left in the dark oga! Even if Buhari had a twin which we never knew about,At age 70+,the resemblance can never and I repeat never be thesame unlike youthful twins. This one no be rocket science sir/ma.
Mutemenot:

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by Investorpeter: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Igbos AND THEIR OVER SABI LAZY F.OUL AKA K.ANU go still come out dey talk nonsense mtcheeeew. Awon olo ..........s

1 Like

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by FoolishBoy419: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
Yet some primates think its possible to clone a 75-year old presidents within months. Some people are CURSED!

The funny thing is that we dont even know who this jubrin is. At least they should show us his picture before he became the impostor
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by nNEOo(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
Yet some primates think its possible to clone a 75-year old presidents within months. Some people are CURSED!

The funny thing is that we dont even know who this jubrin is. At least they should show us his picture before he became the impostor

No one is cloning anyone, stop twisting � truth to suit ur narrative. ....there's quite a difference Btw a clone n an imposter. . .
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by duruZed(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
[quote author=1x2x3 post=73745141]

The only reason I don't believe Buhari was cloned or replaced is that it is extremely difficult getting someone who attains the same dumbness as Buhari. [/quote thank you very much bros.
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by dannybrasky(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
The news has always been about cloning/imposter!! Both are so so impossible! We are talking about d number 1 citizen of a country. The world is involved and not just Nigerian citizens. A well schooled primary 6 student won't have to use Google to know it's a mare impossible task. Don't be left in the dark oga! Even if Buhari had a twin which we never knew about,At age 70+,the resemblance can never and I repeat never be thesame unlike youthful twins. This one no be rocket science sir/ma.

Mutemenot:

1 Like

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by keryj(f): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
1x2x3:

The only reason I don't believe Buhari was cloned or replaced is that it is extremely difficult getting someone who attains the same dumbness as Buhari.

grin
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by dannybrasky(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
grin Being DUMB made him the number 1 citizen of this country lol! Who's ya daddy ?
1x2x3:

Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by 1x2x3: 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2018
dannybrasky:
grin Being DUMB made him the number 1 citizen of this country lol! Who's ya daddy ?

Being dumb didn't make him a president. He was made the president by zombies and nothern beggers.
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by dkronicle(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Life go soon finish
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by jchioma: 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
angry
Re: Chinese Scientists Cloned Monkeys by daxon001(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
hi peeps. smiley. pls help a nairalander like and share. thanks. loads of love smiley link below.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrP7Z2yFzEm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1y0iscmzy1sbk

(1) (Reply)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT UNN!!!!!!!!! / Info About Ndu Direct Entry / HiztoryBox: See How Killing Of Twins Was Stopped In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.