Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) (44573 Views)

Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Agbor, Delta Road: Is This The Longest Traffic Jam In Nigeria? (Video) / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
In our upcoming series, we will be beaming our searchlight on South East states. We noticed that almost all the states hardly make it to the public despite some of the governors working, while some are being reported, others didn't make it to the cyberspace all thanks to the media aides are not pushing some of these works online. AutoReportNG decided to leave the South West States a bit while we beam our searchlight on these states where we will analyze the good, the bad and the ugly in terms of roads, and other infrastructure.

While we believe that a good product does not need advertisement but not in this age and times where anything you do, the world keep the record and by the way, the internet never forgets!

We will be starting with Enugu state. Little is known about the administration of this government especially for those who live outside the Eastern zone. We saw some pictures on some roads online and we decided to do some digging, according to our findings, the road was constructed following the heavy rains that were experienced in Enugu State all through the rainy season (now subsiding), the newly reconstructed and modernized hitherto neglected ancient, historic and undulating Milliken Hill road, Ngwo, Enugu, which was further fortified and beautified with concrete retaining walls and street lights as well as other security measures by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's administration, has come out more attractive as a tourist site.

It is now the state's natural roller coaster and a new bride for motorists driving into the Coal City state from the Onitsha-Enugu federal expressway.

We are still trying to reach the SSA Social Media to find out how much this road costs. If all state governors can make their roads motorable like this, life will be easier for them in doing business within the state.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/12/milliken-hill-road-is-this-best-road-in.html

4 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
What's your take?

See more amazing landmark and pictures here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/12/milliken-hill-road-is-this-best-road-in.html

4 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
cool more like foreign when u review the surrounding. Better than the cement and stone rochas is doing in his state.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Xander85: 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
Munzy14:
cool more like foreign when u review the surrounding.
Better than the cement and stone rochas is doing in his state.

I'm yet to see a Rochas road that i don't have a problem with! They all look under-par!

11 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
You came up with only these pictures after "digging"? You didn't dig deep enough. More pictures

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
This is the most beautiful road in Nigeria

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
More

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
This is neither Europe nor America. This is the most beautiful road in Nigeria. Milliken Hill Enugu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by mainkendo: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
If we are celebrating this. Soon we would be celebrating that our husbands/wifes are faithful to us and that our children are law abiding.
where did we go wrong?

35 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Corrinthians(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
For those of us who really played like kids were allowed to those days, this road would have been heaven on earth for riding "Boris".

If you know you know. grin

177 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by docadams: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
Corrinthians:
For those of us who really played like kids were allowed to those days, this road would have been heaven on earth for riding "Boris".

Children are oblivious to threats to life. That road should be closed to traffic.

1 Like

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by christejames(m): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
The road is indeed beautiful and amongst the arrays of beautiful roads in Enugu state, (Opi-Nsukka road is equally heartwarming).

I have plied through that Milliken hill meandering once and it felt like I was in another country. The twist and turns, the apprehension on avalanche (cause it's on a precipice middle of the hard Udi hills), the scare from the deep gorge covered with thick vegetations like the rainforest.

It's a drive worth experiencing.

28 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Jombom: 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Was this not the road the Ugwuanyi failure constructed that collapsed within days of investing billions into it ? How can we trust this will also not collapse within a tickle of an eye again with the pathetic shoddy job all this hopeless PDP governs are desecrating Nigeria with ?!
Xander85:

I'm yet to see a Rochas road that i don't have a problem with! They all look under-par!
This statement should read I am yet to see any road constructed by Okorocha that collapsed within days of spending billions on it like the road Ugwuanyi constructed with pathetic standard n quality, in fact the worse have ever seen by a governor in Nigeria only to reconstruct again less than a year of the charade funfair of its opening.
All theses PDP governors are not but a disgrace and thieves.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
christejames:
The road is indeed beautiful and amongst the arrays of beautiful roads in Enugu state, (Opi-Nsukka road is equally heartwarming).

I have plied through that Milliken hill meandering once and it felt like I was in another country. The twist and turns, the apprehension on avalanche (cause it's on a precipice middle of the hard Udi hills), the scare from the deep gorge covered with thick vegetations like the rainforest.

It's a drive worth experiencing.
Opi-Nsukka road

3 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Asshurbanipal: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
Jombom:
Was this not the road the Ugwuanyi failure constructed that collapsed within days of investing billions into it ? How can we trust this will also not collapse within a tickle of an eye again with the pathetic shoddy job all this hopeless PDP governs are desecrating Nigeria with ?!
The slope is a great engineering challenge. The initial setback was defeated using retaining walls

15 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Uyi168: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
Corrinthians:

Boris..
U are an old man!

17 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
OP in your tour of the South East,
I strongly you recommend you go easy with my beloved Imo State..do not reveal the obvious. The shame will be unbearable.
Nearly all the roads are uncompleted, inaccessible, or downright bad. I wonder if you will see a road as good as this in Imo state.

Rochas started with roundabouts in his first tenure and destroyed the whole roads,
Rochas upgraded with road expansion in his second tenure, destroying all former roads..
But he never completed a single one of them!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
Asshurbanipal:
This is the most beautiful road in Nigeria
You say Wetin?
Lmao.
All these Ipob jews sef

5 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by otherway: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
celebration of medocrity

2 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
otherway:
celebration of medocrity
I swear !
There is nothing spectacular about this road !

4 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
Best?? There is nothing spectacular about it.

I don't like plying this road because I'm an acrophobic dude.

2 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by oladayo63(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
It's like we don mad for this country.

We now celebrate roads abi? We now celebrate basic ammenities, right?

Moreover, there is NOTHING spectacular about this road. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

I think corruption has depressed the thinking of Op and those dudes who worship a 1967 Volkswagen Beetle because some politician packaged it as a Ferrari. You people need to travel out of Nigeria more!

Lol. See all we could package as the best roads in Nigeria!!! cheesy Nigeria don suffer no be small. May God heal our land.

Mediocrity!!!

But thinking deep, if a distinguished Senator in the "Giant of Africa" could present a good 200km triple lane bridge as a constituency project, I should applaud this beautiful Enugu State project. cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Jombom: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

The slope is a great engineering challenge. The initial setback was defeated using retaining walls
So the governor did a shoddy work previously ?! We need PDP to know that because the road as challenges the governor did a shoddy fraudulent work risking lives of citizens. Everyone can now attest he is a failure compared to Okorocha the PDP as been demonizing. Rain does not even have to fall to destroy the road Ugwuanyi built na breeze de destroy am.
Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by keryj(f): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
I so love that place. Felt like I should keep riding in circles
Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by olayinkajnr(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
To be sincere, this is the most beautiful road I've ever seen in Nigeria.

Looks foreign. The environment is also cool.

7 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by kindlyStfu: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
the best road ever built on a hill in Nigeria, Yes!

2 Likes

Re: Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California / A Discriminating Experience In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.