Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide (43039 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2018
LightQueen:
Divepen1 I am speechless.. Each update issa bomb grin

plenty thanks for the updates
Plenty thanks for the back to back comments.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2018
germaphobe:
i was once confuss like jerry that i believed and followed someone whom everyone saw as a crazy guy but it later turned out that he was right after all. Nice update waiting for more more and more fire updates. Divepen carry go no shaking.
Hope you weren't injured in the process..
francium001:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome baba
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:19am On Dec 17, 2018
Ann2012:
I'm enjoying this story, each update is a bomb cool

Well done OP
You're the bomb too..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1:
Plenty thanks for the back to back comments.
You're welcome
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1:
Hope you weren't injured in the process..
no boss i wasn't
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2018
germaphobe:
no boss i wasn't
We thank God..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2018
Chapter 15

Hunch
Chief Suberu opened his eyes, stared at the ceiling, and smiled at himself. Even a fierce lion like himself couldn’t overcome sleep when it came. His head was pounding. He rose from the bed and rested his back on the wall. He enjoyed the sleep. Chief yawned as he stretched his body and checked the time. The wall clock had stopped working. How would it say 11.35? He checked his phone and saw that the time on his phone correlated with his wall clock.
‘Ki lode…What happen?’ He shouted and felt the noise run through the house. The voice rebounded into his room. That was unlikely. He rose from the bed hurriedly and went to the wardrobe. The house had never been so deserted before-no music, no chatting, and no smell of alcohol.
The moment he opened the wardrobe, he unlatched a part of it. The wardrobe was full of Agbadas and some other traditional clothes but Chief grabbed his Dane gun that was hidden behind the clothes. He snuck out of his room like a hunter, his eyes scanning the whole place to be sure he could proceed. When he got to the parlor, he met some of the assassins and thugs sleeping as if they were drugged. He went to other rooms. And he discovered that they had all slept. How would everyone in the house sleep? Something was wrong.
Chief spun around in the room until he sighted the megaphone he got for such purpose then he screamed into it. ‘Stand up… Wake up everybody’.
People scrambled into the parlor. Many of them still looked drowsy. He looked at the room and knew something was amiss.
‘Shadiat…’ He said as he pointed to his secretary.
‘It’s Chioma’.
‘Ehn…. Whatever your name is?’ He screamed at his secretary, who shifted back as he moved his head forward. She eyed him. He knew she hated him and he wasn't concerned. In fact, he loved to strangle her, to kill her but he didn’t have a better person to replace her. She was good at what she did and he had even mistakenly commended her in the public before, to his chagrin.
‘Count everyone in the room, and make sure nobody is missing’.
She brought a book from a folder and began to call out names, and the owner of the names replied with either a noise or by raising his or her hand.
Chief sat and watched as the secretary reeled out the names of everybody, until she got to Jasper.
‘Where is Jasper?’ He asked. No reply. ‘Did your mothers use their head to hit the floor?’
No response. He turned from one part of the room to the other, expecting one of them to talk, to give him a reasonable reply. He stumped the Dane gun on the tile and the tile broke. The tiles had been replaced after an advice from his beloved daughter that he should do so, and now these new ones had started facing the same fate the former set faced.
His secretary moved near him. He smirked.
‘Yes…?’ He said, maintaining a stoic expression, ’talk what you want to talk’. He bit his lower lips, he hated making mistake in front of this girl.
‘He had travelled for more than three weeks now’, his secretary said, ‘and had not reported to me’.
The feeling was still lingering on his mind and he knew he must be thorough. He smelt danger. Something was definitely amiss and he must get to the root of it. ‘Who has seen Jasper?’
No one talked. He felt like becoming many and rushing to every of these boys and girls he trained to give them resounding slaps for staring at him like dullard, for staring at him with no one to give him a good reply.
‘Check the log’, the chief ordered the secretary. Her body, twinning like a snake as she scurried out of the parlor, made his heart warm-up as he watched her go. God! If only he could lay his hand on this lady, and…
'Run, my friend’, he shouted at her.
She rushed off, out of the parlor, to her room, returned with her laptop and switched it on. Chief watched her. He looked around to make sure nobody was watching him so that they wouldn’t see the lust he had for the lady. They were all watching him. He hissed.
‘Be fast…’
She plugged a modem into the laptop and worked on the laptop.
‘The last place he was seen was… Agric’.
‘That’s still good…’
‘But he is dead…’
‘Dead…?' Voices from the others said.
‘How do you know?’, one of the others in the room asked, making his secretary look at the person with disdain, her long eye lashes making chief’s heart melt. Chief unconsciously licked his tongue, and caught himself doing so. He stopped.
‘If she says that he is dead, he is dead. Continue, my friend’, Chief ordered.
She continued calling names.
‘Jeremy….’
No response.
‘Where Jeremy…’
‘I wake am’.
‘Talk like a professional, madman. Talk like a professional’, Chief said and was happy to see his secretary smile.
‘I woke him when you made the call but he didn’t stand up’.
‘Go to his room and tell him that if he does not come around now, I will come up there and send him to heaven quicker than he had ever wished’, Chief shouted, and rejoiced within that his sentence was correct. Through the corner of his eyes, he looked at her, and saw her face brightened. He hated her.
They waited as one of the assassins went to call Jeremy, who came into the room, looking tired, grumpy, and in need of more sleep.
‘It seems you want the god of thunder to visit your parents', Chief fumed,’ come down here foolish son of many fathers’.
Chief quickly looked around to do a mental count of everyone in the room and saw everyone or was he not seeing well?
‘Erm… Rachael…’the secretary called as if she had said it before but Chief didn’t hear her.
‘Rachael…Racheal’ Chief said,’ she would be with my daughter in the other quarters,’ she would come around when the time for meeting starts. Call… Call the others’.
‘Um sir…’
‘What…?’ Chief said as he stiffly turned to her. He had been trying to avoid looking at her. The moment he looked at her, the tingling feeling came under his skin again. He hated that feeling. He hated her for causing that feeling in him, ‘What?’.
She scowled and kept quiet, looking at him and making him feel so uncomfortable. ‘She is not with your daughter’.
‘Ehy… Where else would she be? I say she is with my daughter. Call other people’.
‘She is in Kasali’s room…’
‘Kasali…? Racheal…? Kasali…? Is Kasali is mad?’
‘What is Rachael doing in Kasali's room? ‘Someone asked.
‘Eh… You… You and you follow me. I will teach this girl a lesson she will not forget. I will let her know’, Chief said and turned towards the door, with the others following him.
He moved on to the gateman’s office with such anger that if he ran into the wall, the wall would crumble. When they got to the gateman’s condo, Chief felt like rushing into the room and beating Kasali up. Kasali was a professional illiterate; Rachael was a professional killer, a professional Guard, a professional Cleaner of evidence, a professional runner, a professional… A professional brainy student, a professional trainer and a professional everything and the first girl he would train into being an assassin, also the best of all the assassins he has ever trained, and their teacher. Was this what she would teach the others? How could Kasali be sleeping with the same girl as he? Kasali wanted to start dipping his filthy hand into the same pot as he?
When they got to Kasali’s doorstep, they heard the serious moaning of a lady, presumably Rachael. Chief’s blood boiled, and he felt himself puffing invisible hot smoke. He would make Kasali beg for his life with what he had done. Even, that foolish Rachael- he would let her know one doesn’t use one's mouth to praise a king and use that same mouth to praise a slave- never.
‘Kasali, your life would be ruined today', Chief shouted as he banged the door, ‘I will destroy you, your family and I will…destroy you’.
Kasali rushed to open the door.
‘Enter and bring her’, Chief ordered his men, ‘bring her for me’.
The men pushed Kasali aside and entered.
‘Leave me’ someone screamed. The voice was different from Racheal’s.
They brought out a lady. The bulb in front of Kasali’s door reflected on the lady’s face and, of course, she wasn't Rachael. Her face was laced with five Gombo-a type of tribal mark that runs from the head to the chin.
‘Is Chidinma mad? Go and call her for me’.
‘Who…?’
‘Secretary. Idiot. Be fast’, he shouted and watched as one of the men ran to call the secretary. He didn’t know what the fuse was all about but he still felt this same way. The last time he had that type of feeling and didn’t do anything about it, he almost died. He wasn’t leaving any stone unturned.
The secretary came towards him, her figure shifting to both sides rhythmically, with her laptop in her hand. Her slim but attractive body aroused that feeling in him.
‘Oh…’ Chief mouthed, ‘I hate this girl’.
‘Sir’, she said as she got near him, even in the night she smelt nice. He shook his head. She smelt bad.
‘Rachael is not here’, he scowled.
‘But this is her link blinking’, she said.
His secretary went forward and stopped in front of Kasali. She dropped her shoulder, faced one of the men, gave him her laptop, and ran off into the room.
‘Shola, where are you going’?
‘It’s Chioma… I’m going to pick the scanner’.
What is wrong with this girl?
‘You!’ He said to the lady Kasali was having nice time with,’ enter the house…’
The lady, grateful, stood and ran into the room, closing the door behind her as she kept on saying ‘Thank you, sir’.
The secretary returned with alacrity, the scanner in her hand, and rushed to Kasali. She went to him, not minding Kasali’s look of disdain as she began to run the scanner over him. She stopped when she got to a part of Kasali’s hand. The secretary drew his hand nearer and hissed. The chip was at the back of his hand. Rachael had discovered the chip, removed it, and had escaped.
Chief waited patiently to hear the result of her search.
‘She has discovered the chip, Chief, and has escaped’
‘Escaped, why?’
'What chip? Someone asked but quiet when Chief gave him a cold glare.
‘Ogini, how will I know? May be you …’ she said, stopped, eyed him and turned towards the house.
‘Kasali, when Rachael pass?'
‘Chief, it's been long’.
‘How did that thing get to your hand?' Chief asked pointing to the back of Kasali’s hand.
'Chief, I don't know’.
Chief shook his head and turned back towards the house. When they got to the house, people have changed their position, many of them were now sitting, but he wasn't concerned. Why did she run away?
‘My Money…’ he said faintly as he quickly held the chair to stabilize himself. Then, he screamed, 'go to the room. My money…’
His men ran to check the room.
‘The money is not there’, one of the men that left to check announced as they returned to the room, and from their stance he understood that they were waiting for orders from him. They wanted to know if they were to start looking for the money, the thief or to kill someone. He felt bad and looked at the men.
‘Let her go. It's Rachael. Let her go. She has been here since she was a child. Let her go with it. And you people won't be able to handle her’, he said and faced his secretary, ‘Simbi, continue’.
‘It’s Chioma’.
‘Ehn. Continue’.
She called their names until she got to Once.
‘I’m here’, Once said, entering the house, his cloth draped with bloodstain. He was clutching his stomach as he entered the room. Everyone’s eyes turned to him. A lady ran to him and supported him as he limped into the room.
‘Chief, Bidemi Adeoti is still alive’, he said and faced everyone, and ‘Leech is still alive’.
The secretary dropped the laptop she was holding and it rattled on the tiles. Chief shifted back. Even the ceiling fan stopped having sound.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
Shocker shocked

Thanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ann2012:
Shocker shocked
Thanks for the update
Lol.. You're so welcome..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by crownaayam17(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1

bravo sir
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
Well done dear
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
crownaayam17:
Divepen1
bravo sir
Thanks boss.. Who's your favorite character now..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
LightQueen:
Well done dear
Hope you love chief...
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1:
Hope you love chief...
I do grin really do
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
LightQueen:
I do grin really do
cheesy
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by crownaayam17(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1:

Racheal(the night thief)
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by crownaayam17(m): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Divepen1:

Racheal(the night thief) @sir divepen1

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
crownaayam17:

Racheal(the night thief) @sir divepen1
Till date, she's my favourite character of all my 49 books of Fortune City

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
boss boss, you're too much
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
germaphobe:
boss boss, you're too much
Thanks baba..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Eberechi24(f): 11:07am On Dec 18, 2018
Nice story. Improve on your spacing. let your readers know when conversation takes place.
Sometimes, I don't know when we switch to another paragraph (POV) Use asterisks (***)to usher in another pOV

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2018
Chapter 16
Everyman to Himself
Everyone in Chief’s house that night was quiet and waited for Chief to shout, rage or even ask the men to kill Once. Instead, he began to dance, not minding he was fooling around in front of his secretary, that they were all expecting him to talk- he loved to surprise people. He sang excitedly for a while then stopped and turned to Once.
‘How did you know this?'
‘I saw him with my eyes… I saw him’.
‘He killed Jasper?’ Someone asked.
‘How did you know Jasper is dead?’ Once asked as his hand flying to his equipment bag.
‘Shaki told us’, Chief said. Once relaxed.
‘It’s Chioma’, his secretary protested.
‘Whatever’.
‘I don't know if he killed Jasper. He said that he didn’t kill Jasper, that someone killed him’.
‘Who is that person’?
‘I suspect Rachael….’
‘Rachael’, all the people in the house exclaimed.
Chief raised his hand and everyone became silent. He looked around, his stance emitting fear, everyone looked at him with great trepidation, even his secretary quivered, and he loved that. He moved forward and pointed at some men.
‘Go and get those Americans for me’.
The men set to work, leaving the room in a hurry. They were to go the University of Greencity, from where they were to bring the men to Chief in blindfolds- these they know and must do perfectly.
‘Where is he?’ Chioma asked and looked at Chief,’ you know that Chief would want to know what happened to him?’
‘Ehn... Beeni... Yes… Where is he?’ Chief said with his Yoruba accent lacing the sentence but he didn’t smirk as he didn’t notice this.
‘He escaped. Remember that fair policeman, Chief. He and Bidemi’s wife and Rachael helped him escape’.
‘Where were you when he escaped?’ Chioma asked angrily and Chief was happy that she was taking his matter seriously. Once gave her a cold glare.
‘Who are you to talk when I am talking?’ Once barked at her and Chief smiled again. His secretary didn’t wince neither did she do as if Once had shouted at her. Her eyes were focused as she awaited his response.
‘My friend, answer her. That’s my P.A’.
‘Rachael shot me, and left me for dead’. Once moved towards a seat and when Chief wasn't looking, he pointed two of his fingers to his eyes and towards Chioma, who bared her teeth at him.
‘You, go and call my daughter for me’, Chief order a recruit nonchalantly.
‘Sir?’
‘I said call my daughter for me’.
The person Chief sent to call his daughter looked at him again with his mouth agape, looked at the door, then towards the direction of Chief’s daughter room and then back at Chief again.
‘Chief…Your daughter’.
‘Ehn…. Ina la n ran si ina’, the chief said and to others, expecting that he had sent the right person to his daughter and hoped that the statement that ‘we send fire to fire’ would jeer this recruit up, and make him do what he had always expected from all the assassins.
‘Chineye…’
‘It’s Chioma…’
‘We are going out’.
‘This Midnight…?’
‘Yes… We are going to Erinnla, the herbalist’, Chief said, eyeing her as he climbed the stairs to his room to change his cloth. His secretary didn’t like going to Erinnla place even in the day. So, going in the night was like rendering her heart into pieces, like putting her in a sea when they know she hated swimming pool.
When Chief got back, the assassin he sent to his daughter was already panting on the floor, holding his head, and was cleaning bloodstain from the tile on the floor with a rag. He moaned and tended to his face, which was now swollen. Chief’s daughter was sitting at a corner.
‘He walked towards her and stroked her hair,’ Asabi, my daughter, the Elephant that has the character of her father, an Elephant’.
‘Daddy, why did you wake me up in the middle of the night?’ She asked still fuming as the shoe she used to hit the assassin dangled in her hand. Chief glanced at the assassin and wondered when these recruits would understand that his daughter was trained as an assassin also, and that they must handle her like a thug, like an assassin and not as a jellyfish that her face always presented her to be.
His daughter, Jessica, the second person he successfully trained as an assassin after he finished training Rachael, had become so good that if Rachael, the best, stopped killing in a long time, his daughter would be ranked the best. Chief decided to train Jessica also after he discovered anybody could endure the rigorous pain of being a professional assassin, since a 14-year old Rachael survived it.
‘Bidemi Adeoti is alive…’
‘Ehy’, his daughter shouted and almost choked. He knew how his daughter and Bidemi were close and knew how she became sick the same day Bidemi was proclaimed dead.
‘How did they find him?' Jessica asked.
‘Once found him’.
She looked up at Once disdainful. Her gaze always had a way swallowing the person she was looking at, making such person feel unsecured, even Chief always had that feeling whenever he looked at her.
‘Where did you find him?’ She asked.
‘Lagos’, Once said and quickly turn to face Chief. 'I have a plan about Bidemi…’
‘Yes. I have a plan for Bidemi too…’ Chief said, trudging to the place he kept the megaphone, picked it and spoke into it, 'anybody that finds Bidemi Adeoti first would get double of his present money and would have the opportunity of killing Once’.
Chief’s daughter, Jessica, head went wild. She must find Bidemi before anybody.
‘Rachael’, she shouted angrily. How did Rachael make Once get to know that Bidemi was alive after all these times she had made sure he was safe from the hand of her father? Where was Martha?
‘Racheal? She helped Leech escape’.
Her anger doubled, as she felt the flame of fury arouse within her. She felt like killing someone. If she had the opportunity, she would kill Once there. He was a poke-nosing idiot. She threw the shoe she held at the person that made the statement.
‘I said you should never ever in your life call him Leech’.
The person cried in pain and she looked at the person- the same foolish recruit that came to call her. Jessica stood with the mind-set of finding Bidemi first.
Chief’s secretary decided to launch all weapon she had to catch Bidemi first. So, that she would use the money to disappear and leave before people start seeing what Chief was planning. She, Rachael, and Chief were the only people who knew the main thing Chief wanted but she didn’t want to be involved in it, anymore. Her fear as regarding her own sets of plan made her want to leave Greencity before she was compelled to do them. Even, if she saw Bidemi first, she would help them catch him, collect the money, and release him afterward.

2 Likes

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2018
Chapter 17
The Son of His Father
On the 28th of December, the noise of banger should be disturbing the peace of the area but the house they were staying was deep in the bush.
Jerry was tired of the house, so he decided to sightsee the area. To go out, one must go through a small hole Pastor Matthew called the entrance. There was a big gate at the main entrance, but he preferred to leave it locked and covered in bushes. Doing that gave him an unusual assurance.
Jerry trekked deep into the forest, appreciating the scope of it. The place was filled with very tall trees, making Jerry wonder how Pastor Matthew even got the place they were hiding in.
He was about to return to the house when he noticed that a small path led into the forest. Perhaps, he would meet a lady and they would fall in love and get married in the forest, like some romance movies portray. He was still amusing himself with this thought when he saw a very tall thick wall ahead.
That was surprising. There wasn't any reason for putting up a wall in such place except there was something fishy happening there. What even made the wall look anomalous was that it was in the forest. As much as he knew it wasn't his business, he couldn't let such revelation slip by.
Without wasting anytime, he climbed a tree. Thrice, he slipped, breaking fragile limbs but he kept climbing and was sure that he would see something amazing. When he got to the top and looked at the left, he saw that the wall stopped at a point that showed it was still in construction. He looked at the right and discovered the wall was coming from a very far place.
But how come people haven’t see the wall?
He would have regarded the place as a base for a training or something near that, but the wall caved out and caved in for those on the side Jerry stood. Also, the wall was made in two ways- a little part of the wall was covering a river that was at the back of the wall, while the other part looked as if it would be used to surround the whole city.
Jerry decided to go to the left side of the wall for him to see the other side of the wall. So, he began to navigate through the forest and missed road twice; yet, his curiosity got the best of him.
HoHHHhof However, when the road kept spiraling into new ones, he became frustrated and decided to turn back. That was when he heard the quivering voice of an old man.
‘Chief', the voice said and went off for a long pause. Then, it resumed again. 'I don’t know where the boy is but the Oracle will know’.
‘Then, you need not give me too much talk. Consult, the oracle again. It said the boy would return to Brown Valley three days ago. Yet, there's been no news of him. Even if he was as small as a needle, my boys would find him. F.A.LT would definitely find him'.
Jerry was surprised that he was near an herbalist's house but he decided to return to their hiding place. One was better without some knowledge than to be swallowed in the maze of trouble. Then, he decided to give himself another landmark, he would get to the end of the herbalist's house and see where the wall led to. So, he moved nearer to the house, and saw that just by the side of the herbalist's house, there was a small door frame that led out of the wall.
Jerry peeped through the door and was astounded by the sight of water. Seeing the purity of the water alone warmed his heart. At a closer look, he discovered machines pumping water into the river.
'Madness', he muttered.
The next thing to do there was to make landmarks and find the herbalist's house again because he and Pastor Matthew had had to manage the little water they got at a very expensive rate. There was scarcity of water. To worsen their case, when they tried to get bags of sachet water, it was sold at the price of 500 naira per bag and the content of the sachet water tasted as if they weren't purified.
Jerry turned towards the house and tiptoed to get a clearer view, to stick it to his memory.
‘The oracle said… Impossible’.
‘What's that, Baba?’ A husky voice asked.
‘Oracle said that the boy is at the back of my house. Impossible’.
‘Which house’, the man with the husky voice said.
Jerry looked at the house. Chairs screeched within the house
‘Wait….’ Jerry said as he looked about him.’ I’m at the back of the house’.
He was the only person at the back of the house. Jerry decided to leave the place before their oracle picked him as someone else. Feet scuffled towards the door. He ran away. Suddenly, the door opened as if men crashed into it.
A fat man who was putting on a grey Agbada rushed out of the house and was followed by a young fair lady, a hefty guy, and an old man, who kept chewing something, whose face exuded joy.
‘Baba, the oracle is not lying’, the lady said in disbelieve, turning to the old man coming out.
'How will my oracle lie?' He said and gnash his teeth. By this time, Jerry knew he had to increase his pace.
When she got to a good spot to hide, Jessica hid well. Her father had been taking his foolish secretary, Chioma, everywhere he went as if she was his daughter, neglecting her ever since he heard the news about Bidemi. She also, the foolish secretary, wouldn’t stop hanging around her father like a chain and this made Jessica feel like maiming her.
After Jessica had returned from her little sickness, her father had stopped seeking her advice on things; rather, he listened more to this foolish girl and would even choose the secretary’s advice over hers whenever he ventured to ask her for advice.
Jessica longed for an opportunity to get hold of the foolish girl’s neck to wriggle and squeezed the life out it, to make her know one doesn't distance fathers from their daughters.
When they got to the forest, she had to stop her car somewhere her father and his secretary wouldn’t see her, and followed their car on feet, running when necessary. Luckily for her, the road was rough and rickety. It gave her the chance to catch up with them easily.
When she got to the back of the house, she saw someone, looking at something so she ran back. She had seen this figure before. He must be one of the assassins her father was training.
Jessica bit her lower lip. Why had she suddenly become forgetful after the event of fainting because of Bidemi’s death?
She tried to go out to peep again, her hand clutching her equipment bag. Rachael had trained them to never leave their equipment bag in the car or in the house for any reason; in fact, she killed one of the assassins to prove this point when he forgot his equipment bag in his car.
The man that was looking at the wall turned. And the door opened. She clutched her mouth to prevent herself from screaming. Her fingernails dug into the walls as she saw who the person was. What was he doing there? How did he get to the back of whatever house it was that her father was in? How did Bidemi get here? Oh God!
Then that foolish secretary said something but Jessica wasn't in the mood to hear what the foolish girl would say.
Bidemi suddenly turned as if he was controlled by a remote control and ran wildly into the forest, making her hold her breathe until she was sure anybody that followed him wouldn’t easily catch up with him.
Chioma, the secretary, felt like running to Bidemi to hug him there and kiss him, stare at him for a while and kiss him again and again. That moment, memories of their first meeting flooded back.
Those times, she allowed her pride to overrule her desire. She refused to talk to him. However, when she began to talk to him, she pushed him so hard for a relationship, which he declined saying he was married and had a kid.
She later forced herself on him; she drugged his drink on a get-together and almost had her way with him but he was able to escape her seduction. He disappeared the next day. For two weeks, she had to use make-up to camouflage her swollen face because she couldn’t stop crying, especially when she heard that he died the next day.
‘Follow him’, Chief shouted and hit the only bodyguard he took with him to the herbalist house. Chioma was happy. Chief didn’t take many bodyguards. How would she have endured them catching him and torturing him?
Chief with his Agbada began to run into the forest. Chief stopped and pulled off his Agbada to aid his race.
‘Chief, come back…’ She said. Her brain became void of idea. Chief didn’t stop; instead, he kept on running on.
‘Chief, we need back up’, she shouted.
‘Ah…. It will be well with you’, Chief said and ran back towards her. 'pe won…call them’.
She dialed the wrong number thrice before finally calling the right home address, and by the time someone would pick it, she was sure Bidemi would have gone very far- far from the reach of whosoever that wanted to catch him.
Jerry knew he had to keep running, no matter the case. He dared not look back. With long strides, he ran onward, his mind and body calculating the right place for him to put his feet. He ran on, not stopping to catch a single breath. He ran like a maniac and kept running.
However, just as he got to the bend, which he could use to deceive his pursuer before entering the secret compound, he fell heavily. He didn’t see a stalk partially buried in the ground. The pain should have held him to the ground but the fear of being caught strengthened him. He began to get up but his pursuer was on him before he himself realized it.
‘Stand up’, the person said, pointing a pistol to his chest, ’slowly’.
Suddenly, a noise erupted from another side of the forest. His pursuer shouted with agony and fell. Blood was oozing out of his head, Jerry hurriedly stood, and decided that running was his best option.
‘Stay back there and don’t turn back’, a lady’s voice said, moving nearer. He didn’t know his legs were shaking until they buckled and he fell.
The lady covered his nose with a white handkerchief and drained his lungs of all the functional air in it. And he became unconscious
Jerry couldn’t say what the time was or how long he had been unconscious but he woke up with a start and was rising to run away when he discovered that he was in their secret house, the one pastor took him to.
‘Was I dreaming?’ he asked himself.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
Twist upon twist

Thanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by crownaayam17(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Divepen1:
Till date, she's my favourite character of all my 49 books of Fortune City

@sir divepen1
i really appreciate your work and would like to be familiar with you
I also wanna be a good writer

i need your e-mail account pls for a confabulation
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oh yeah, Chloe my lover.
I think I would love Bidemi, Jerry, Leech or whatever his name is of a guy irrespective of whatever his past was. I'm guessing he was a dangerous assassin and also had a soft part to him regardless of how ranked he was before losing his memory and I'm almost certain when he regain his memory, he won't be thrilled remembering who he was and his kind of life
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Divepen1 you three much jor grin
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by francium001: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
LightQueen:
Divepen1 you three much jor grin
Are you see what I am sawing, he's a genius.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by francium001: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is an award winning story, keep it up @OP
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
boss boss, carry go
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
francium001:
Are you see what I am sawing, he's a genius.
Yes I am sawing it cheesy. A real genius I telling you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Fierce / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.