Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide (42989 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 11:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
Divepen1:
It'll be a Town

Thanks Sir
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:06am On Dec 28, 2018
tunsky09:
Great work....still waiting for more pls...
Coming nowwwwwwwww
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:06am On Dec 28, 2018
doctorexcel:
This story is WOW! Good work loving the story like kilode
I'm happy you love it
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2018
germaphobe:
big boss divepen, my granny prefers calling me malachy(i) to michael my real name, but i've come to love the name that in my new neighbourhood everyone knows me as MALACHY(I). So i'm droping it as a name of a guy who lives in green city next to my stranger neighbour
Malachy is noted... Malachy Area or town

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 27
Birth of a fire
Grace woke again, lifeless. She was weak and it was better to allow her hands remain on the bed because it made her feel the bed and helped her know she was still alive.
None needed to explain the situation of things to her. She had refused to eat ever since she returned to life the second times, five days ago.
Sleep seemed to be a love of grievance because it came to her intermittently, and transported her to a world of bliss, where she saw herself playing with Bidemi and Ademola.
‘Mummy Demola, You’ve woken. Please rise and eat something’.
Grace couldn’t bring herself to eat anything. The appetite for food died within her and like a phoenix, it gave birth to the appetite to die. Her appetite for food had been swallowed by desire and hatred. Desire to see her son; desire to defame Chief; desire to get Bidemi back into her life. And hatred for Chief for the system.
‘Please, Mummy Demola, rise up’, Mrs. Akintoye, her neighbour said, as she scurried back into the room with fruit salad.
‘Thank you, Mrs Akintoye. I’ll eat today’.
‘Good. I thank God ooo…Some people from your workplace are here, outside. They want to see you’.
Grace nodded.’ I’ll be there’
The worms in her belly jostled for food and made a lot of noise. Blood and nutrients began to move about in her body, strengthening her.
Mrs. Akintoye stood to leave. Grace held her hand,’ Thank you very much… For staying with me these weeks’.
‘What are sisters for?' Mrs. Akintoye said and covered Grace’s hand with her other hand.
A big smile crept across Grace’s face and covered it. ’I think I’m seriously hungry’.
Mrs. Akintoye turned to her and smiled.’ I’ll get you bread and milk to start with. It will repair your worn out tissues’.
Grace replied with a nod, still smiling.
The past few weeks had made her come to the realisation that tears does not resurrect the dead. Grieving does not bring them back. And that it was time to get her husband back.
‘A dead husband is better than a kidnapped one’, she murmured as she moved along the wall towards the bathroom.
Not minding that people were waiting for her, Grace took her time and had a long hot bath and that was the advantage she got from marrying Bidemi. Before they began having financial problem, Bidemi built the luxurious house for massive comfort and she was really enjoying the amenities.
After dressing, she stepped into the parlour in her long peach gown and met Usman and Deroju, her junior colleagues.
‘Mrs. Adeoti’, Deroju cried as she rushed to her side, helping her to seat.
Grace’s face still held the gloom. She hugged and comforted the crying Deroju instead of receiving comfort from her. The hugging lasted for a longer time than expected until Grace smiled and pleaded with Deroju to sit back. They began to discuss. Their discussion moved from commiseration to the reason behind Ademola’s death, and to Fortune City.
‘How’s it going at work?’
Usman and Deroju sighed and gave themselves side-glances. Usman shrugged and rested his back on the chair.
Usman was a plain lanky guy whose only distinctive features are his bald and his goatee. Grace knew something was up, but she decided to wait for their reply, which didn’t come.
‘What’s happening?' She said as Mrs. Akintoye brought the bread and tea. Although Grace love eating at the dining room, she sat there in the parlour.
‘Thousands…’ Deroju said. The sofa made sounds as she took her fat body to the edge.
‘If not more…’ Usman said, shaking his head and opening his palms.
Grace’s eye roamed from one person to another, trying to decipher what was bothering them. From the look of things, she knew the matter should not be probed.
‘Did you hear of the death of Marcus Fijabi?’
Grace shook her head and swallowed hard. She knew Marcus Fijabi, he was an activist who would fight for anything, no matter how small. 'When did he die?’
‘January second. He was found hanging from the ceiling?’ Deroju said, filling her in.
‘Ohhh…’ Grace said with her mouth full.’ Suicide’.
‘So I thought…’
‘As in?’
‘Can you believe I was near the place when it happened?’
‘That’s good. You will be the first to cover the news of course’, Grace said, wondering if she should smile because the people she wanted to smile at looked sad.
‘That’s not good. I noticed that trend after the bomb blast’, Usman said, sitting up and joining his hands.’ We were always the first to know about people’s death. Many bad incidences that had been happening, we knew it first’.
‘That’s true. It's not good’. Grace nodded. She reasoned with Usman. 'What have you done? Have you try finding any evidence’?
‘So, I bugged Oga’s phone and I discovered that we were the one causing the news’.
‘Causing the news… as in?’
‘There are some people causing the accidents, the deaths, the quarrels, the framings…’ Deroju said,’ even the criminals caught...’
Grace swallowed hard, her eyes roaming about in the room, as she remembered every news they had covered. They were always the first, the most credible.
She covered her mouth as she stared at Usman.
‘I know the person doing it. I mean the man behind this evil. It’s our CEO. He caused the bomb blast. He killed my son and is now holding my husband’.
‘Are… Are….’ Deroju said and used her left hand to brush her hair.’ Your husband? I thought… ‘
‘I know… It was a deceit; they made me believe he was dead’.
‘What do we do? I can’t keep working there.’ Usman said.
‘We are starting a real story newspaper, and website. We will be everywhere. The truth will be our only priority. And you will be the E-In-C, Usman’.
A bright smile appeared on Usman’s face. The thought had been lingering on her mind for long but she didn’t have a genuine reason to leave their newspaper company and now was the time to do so.
‘And you, Deroju will be the Deputy’.
Deroju face brightened. Grace felt her heart glowed with pride. All she had to do was to point them to the right direction.
‘You will find your crew, credible people who are ready to die for the truth. And I think the first news you should get is news about what happened before and after the bomb blast. What is the government saying about the event?’.
Usman and Deroju stared at each other and later at Grace.
‘They are-‘Deroju said.
‘The government-‘Usman said. Usman stopped talking.’ You, go first’.
‘No… You… You have the details’.
‘The government have discussed with the federal government and they have decided to fence Greencity round’.
‘That’s impossible’ Grace said, shifting to the edge of the seat.
‘That’s possible. Refused at first, they requested for cessation from being part of Nigeria. And for some absurd, reason their lawyer won the government's own’.
Grace was stunned.’ Does Governor Bolude have such liver? And why will they do that?’
‘That’s what I’m saying’, Deroju lamented. Her voice rose above the sound of the ceiling fan. ‘He’s gullible; there are some people that are pushing Him. He said it was to protect us from boko haram’.
‘We need to know more’.

2 Likes

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 28

Jerry laid dazed and battered near a tepee while the silence kept being disturbed by the chirping of insects as they swarmed around him. He looked at them, yinmu and refused to beat them away.
A scrawny, shrieking eternally-singing old bird stood on a pole opposite the workshop and he watched it as he rose to his feeding corner. After eating, he was tired, although tiredness was an emotion he knew he couldn’t afford. The door creaked and her head appeared, making his heart lurch.
‘Jessica… what….?’ He said, raising his voice.
‘Shhh! Let’s talk before Chioma wakes’.
Bidemi nodded as he moved to the back of the room, his leg disturbing a nut case and pouring the nuts to the ground. His hand smelt of grease and it felt like air to him.
‘Do you live here often?’
‘No…’
‘Let’s get to business…’
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:19am On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 29
Saviour of the Rain
That day,
Shaking vigorously, Bidemi kept moving in the rain and in the mud of Malachy road.
'Hello,' he said, as he picked his phone that had rung five times earlier,' Darling, I will be home soon'. He used his hand to shield himself from the rain as the wind of the heavy rain rushed towards him.
‘Where are you?’ Grace asked, shouting over the phone,' it’s 11:00pm o'.
‘I know... I know... I will be there soon', he answered with a quivering voice. His belly yearned desperately for a hot, liquid, and sweet substance.
‘I know....’ He said again as Grace disconnected the call.
Bidemi had left home since morning in hope of meeting Chief Thompson, his helper. He wanted to plead with him to give him a little money for his son's school fee but Chief Thompson didn’t return, even after 8.30 in the night when the rain started. And he had to find shelter somewhere till 10.00pm. But when the rain didn’t stop, he left for his house. His car had broken down.
He wanted to get home, wrap himself in the arms of his always-loving wife, and to feel the hug of his beloved handsome son, and then he would share a cup of hot Lipton with his family, if time permitted.
‘Help’, a frail voice filtered-in through the heavy and fierce rain.
He must have heard wrong. The wind that splashed on his thick skin made him increase his speed.
He was shaking vigorously as the cold wind rushed at his chest beneath his wet shirt.
‘Help’, the frail voice cried again.
Bidemi was sure he heard the voice. So, he stood still. The cry came again, jolting him and making him run towards the place the voice was coming from: the canal.
Without thinking of the consequences, he ran towards a car that was slipping into the canal. The car was still dangling near the canal. Bidemi ran towards it and saw a lady trying to come out of the car, but seemed afraid of doing so because moving an inch would shift the weight of the car.
Bidemi held onto the slippery side of the trunk of the car.
‘Come to the rear', he shouted at the lady, who was looking at him as if she was in a trance. He wondered if she couldn’t hear him as the rain and the wind beat him; however, she started moving as he prepared himself to shout again.
She opened the door and jumped out. And immediately, the car jolted forward and crashed, headfirst into the canal, almost pulling Bidemi with him.
‘Thank you', the lady said and fainted.
‘What?' Bidemi shouted as he picked her, and raced for the nearest hospital.
The hours that followed saw him searching through her phone, calling her father, sleeping in the hospital, and later explaining to her father what had happened.
Luckily for him, she was Chief’s daughter, Jessica. He gave Bidemi money and that helped him pay his son’s school fees. And when Chief discovered that Bidemi was good at driving, he offered him a job with a mouth-watery salary.
He wanted to refuse the offer but it was too good to be true. All he needed to was to drive Jessica wherever she ought to be. Despite Jessica’s disapproval and Martha’s strangulating look, Bidemi got the job. He was excited that he would have free time to himself.
When he was introduced to the people of the house, he wondered what they all were doing as business but he allowed his business to be his business, minding what was his: driving. The house itself was fearsome and the people, repulsive.
He decided to be with Rachael and Jessica always.
‘I like Rachael and I think we are getting along well’, Bidemi said to Jessica when she asked how he was coping with Rachael. He knew Rachael from somewhere but he couldn't place his hand. That must have been the reason he felt drawn to her all the time. They even had a code for deceiving Jessica.
‘Yeah, I noticed. She seemed happy, a lot too happy perhaps. As if there’s a sort of connection between you, people‘.
Bidemi raised his eyebrows,’ what are you insinuating?
‘That….’ Jessica said from the back of the car and winked. Bidemi gave her a weak smile and decided to change the topic.
‘So, what are you up to? What exactly do you do, I drive you about but don’t know your work’.
‘I’m more like a do-it-yourself-girl and even fought Baami when he said he wanted to recruit your-‘
‘Ehy-‘She and Bidemi shouted as he swerved out of the road into the bush. Another car missed crashing into them.
‘Suberu…’Bidemi shouted after looking back to confirm Jessica was alright.
‘What does that mean?’ Jessica asked amidst her panting.
‘It’s like an idiot, you know’ Bidemi said as he looked at the rear-view and saw the driver coming out of the car. Nigerian Drivers, they run into one and still come down to fight.
‘Ehy! Bidemi, be careful. My father’s name is Suberu’.
Bidemi swelled as he took his eyes up into the eyelid as if he expected them to appear at the back of the head.
The man that almost ran into them came towards them with an axe. Bidemi rushed out of the car to stop him. He had faced things like this before and knew the best way to counter him.
He faced the man, stood his ground as the man headed for the bonnet, and began to axe it. When Bidemi got nearer, the man swirled with the aim of beheading Bidemi, but Bidemi was faster, he ducked and gave the man a bone-crunching punch at the side.
He was swift and raked the guy, who landed backward. Jessica came out, holding a pistol to the guy’s chest.
‘Stay down there….’ She said almost in a growl. She faced Bidemi,’ what does he want?’
‘Ax the man with the axe’, he said, trying to reduce the tension.
Jessica smirked and bent forward.
‘I didn’t mean to kill him. I didn’t mean to injure him’.
Bidemi hit the axe into the ground.
‘Then, what’s this, a soft drink opener?’
The guy gave a hard-knock look, which made Bidemi cringe within.
‘That was to scare you and tell you to stop working on that thing’.
‘I should blow his crazy head off this minute’, Jessica said with a flared nose and a burning face as she tightened her grip on the gun. She sniffed.
Bidemi nodded as he helped her push the gun away from the guy’s heaving chest. The hot air from the guy’s nose touched his skin, making him scoff.
‘Let me’, Jessica said as she pushed him into the crunching sands.
‘Leave him… At least, I’m the one suffering here’.
Jessica sniffed, heaved and left angrily.
‘Tell them, I’ve stopped. That, this is a big and tall mistake. Now ride off into the sunset and have a nice life’.
The guy scrambled from the ground, racing to his car.
‘That guy is creepy’, Jessica said the moment Bidemi entered the car.’ He should be arrested’.
‘Police do not arrest people for being creepy’, Bidemi said, turning to her,’ what are you? I mean that thing with the gun. Are you a detective or something?’
Jessica scoffed,’ you don’t want to know anything about me. keep driving. By the way, how did you know how to pull that stunt?’
Bidemi smiled at her, and faced the front, his face, glowing with pride. He started the car.
'Last three years, I led some men in an undercover mission against Boko haram sect. We thought we had overcome them until we discovered it was a trap. Only I and one other person escaped. We are still alive, happy and enjoying ourselves or something like that’.
Gradually, their relationship moved from casual friendship to intimate one to the extent that she didn’t like leaving his side, making others think Bidemi was the one clinching to her and made them call him Leech. The name ‘leech’, which Jessica tried, fighting off, stuck to Bidemi like a Leech. One day, happy and contented, Bidemi entered Jessica’s room without knocking and met her naked on the chair.
‘Oh no!’ He exclaimed and turned swiftly. ‘I’m sorry’, he said as he tried to leave the room, but she was faster and seemed stronger.
He pulled her hands off his but they stuck as though they were slimy and sticky. She kissed his torso.
‘I’m married’, he said, trying to move to the door but her will was stronger. He hated situations of lust, he could control half his will at those times, giving whoever it was the opportunity to have her way with him. His wife, Grace used this well to her advantage.
In need of an opportunity to escape, he turned to her, held her gaze with his, and tried to overcome her will but he was wrong, she was high on hard drugs and that had overshadowed her reasoning. He didn’t know how it happened but they were already kissing and before long, he was already down the path he never planned, the path that led to her bed where their desires escalated.
Afterwards, he tried to avoid her but she wouldn’t leave him; in fact, any opportunity would meet him panting by her side on her bed, much to his chagrin.
Then, the eve of his supposed disappearance. It was like the normal Christmas Eve, reeked with a dryness one couldn’t fathom- one that one would want to fill by partying but still finds empty. Sound of fireworks could be heard from far and near and the tantalizing smell of Jollof rice and meat flourished in the air.
Chief organised a get-together and they were enjoying themselves until Bidemi moved away to talk to Chioma. After which, he left for the toilet, followed later by Chioma. Bidemi came out of the bathroom angrily and left for his house.
Jessica didn’t see the need to follow Bidemi because she wanted him to interact with others but she saw the need to hate Chioma with passion, having assurance that he left because she either did something to him or told him something.
‘Jessy, there’s trouble’, Rachael said the moment Jessica sat on one of the sofa with her glass of champagne still in her hand.
‘What happened?’
‘I received a tip from an anonymous fellow, I am sure it’s one of us, that Bidemi will be killed tonight’.
Jessica rose and sat almost immediately, the glass she was holding slipped off her hand. The people around looked towards her direction and returned to their discussions as if nothing happened.
‘Why… Where?’ She said, whispering as she stared at the people partying. Every happiness, in her, deflated like a punctured balloon.
‘I don’t know… Chillex…’
‘What do we do…?’ Jessica said, jittering.’ What do we do, Rash…?
‘Chillex, Jessy, go to the room’.
Jessica stood trembling, her lips doing the same.
‘I’ll follow him. And do everything to save him. Where is he?’ Rachael said and led her through the blaming speakers and the thick smell of alcohol to the door.
‘He left…’
Rachael left that night, followed Bidemi home and waited outside until she saw him coming out of his house again. She followed him and his attacker at a distant. Then, one thing led to another, Bidemi jumped into a river. Rachael dove after him, saved him, took him to a doctor that treated him and under Rachael’s supervision, he was drugged to forget all things. Then, he was injected often with sleeping drugs until till July when she was sure nothing could get at him.
But Rachael always had a plan.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 30

Realisation
Jerry stared at her as she stopped and remained silent. He wished the silence should continue. Oil dripped to the floor and the wind came in gently, rattling a little empty can.
‘Why…’ Jerry said, smirking after he said so. He wanted to tell her how relieved he was that he knew how he was injured.
‘Why what?’
‘Why did I leave home after I got home? Why didn’t um…. The night thief… I mean Rachael... Why didn’t she kill Once before he tried killing me…?’
‘I don’t know. Maybe you left something at our place. Maybe, you needed to clear your head…She would raise suspicions if she killed Once’.
Jerry shook his head, sighed, and used his oily hand to rub his hair. He shook his head again and rested his back against the wall, heaving heavily.
Not minding her touch, Jerry didn’t flinch when Jessica came near him and didn’t look at her as she stared upward at his creased face. He gazed at the hole from which ray of sun was entering the floor of the workshop. When he looked down, he noticed for the first time since she came closer that she had been rubbing his chest.
‘Bidemi, the past is in the past’.
‘You are right. Can I get away to see my wife?’
Jessica stared at him, her body still resting on his body, transmitting emotional heat into his body. However, he decided to play along, to give her desire, so that he can get his.
Jessica scratched her head.
‘I will help you but I need something from you also’.
Bidemi stared at her and scoffed wondering what he could give her in this little place. Who knows, he might have some skills none was telling him about, one that could help her solve a problem that was bothering her.
‘If it’s within my power’.
‘Yes-‘
‘Then, spit it out’.
She sighed and stared into his face, her eyeballs darting about in their socket as though they were crazy. She kept searching his expressionless face.
‘I want you to make me a mother like Rachael’.
‘Rachael, the Night thief?’
‘Yes, you-‘
‘Do you mean she is-‘
‘Yes’. Jessica said, nodding severally.
‘How?’
‘She called to tell me….’
‘Oh! My God… how do we get her?’
‘She’ll be fine. She can take care of herself and the whole world, if left in her care', Jessica said, her eyes holding his. 'I need you to make me also a mother. I’ve promised myself that I will not allow any other man enter me since the day I saw you’.
Jerry knew where she was going, it was a dangerous path, and he didn’t love threading that path. The last lady he treaded it with kept on panting for more, making him weak.
Seeing she was edging further than resting on his chest, Jerry pushed her gently, nodding and giving her a stare of disgust. Jessica burst into tears, and holding her head in despair, sniffing repeatedly.
‘I need you’
‘I’m sorry’.
At first, Jerry took her for granted but moved nearer when she didn’t stop crying. He edged forward and knew that trouble was looming as he tried to console her, he had a feeling he had had such ordeal and the outcome wasn't favourable.
He drew nearer and true to his fear, she met his lips with hers, not giving him an opportunity to back away.
‘What? What the-‘Chioma shouted.
Bidemi turned. Jessica shifted back. She eyed Chioma severally. The atmosphere was tensed. Chioma stared at Jessica. The colour of her face changed from orange to red.
‘I’m leaving’, Jessica said, cleaning her eyes. Although the doorway was wide enough for her to pass, Jessica hit Chioma’s shoulder. The hit made Chioma turn but she didn’t do anything. Jessica hissed. Jerry noticed the struggled she was having between shouting and bursting into tears.
‘Are you that cheap?’ she said. 'Brostitute'.
She didn’t look at him; instead her eyes were fixed on the wall.’ How will you let her-‘
She hissed and left, the sands crunching.
‘I wanted to tell you-‘she called from outside the shed.’ Scrap it’.
Jerry wanted to shout at her to leave his life, to never ever come back but he stared at the door, swallowing. He could have held himself from Jessica’s trick. Then, it occurred to him that Chioma saved him from Jessica’s trick. And Jessica’s trick saved him from the Chioma’s would-come pressure to have a nice time with him.
However, when the night fell and the time struck 11.00pm, Chioma laid by his side, panting. And, he, regretting every little time he spent with her. But, he couldn’t resist it because she threatened him with life of his son, giving him details on how she would work out his death.
He couldn’t wait in that place anymore. He couldn’t allow his love for cars kill his family. He must leave the house immediately.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Deeviiid(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for the update!
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skubido(m): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
Oya leave ooo.

Tanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
skubido:
Oya leave ooo.

Tanks for the update
You're welcome..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
Wow!! Divepen Divepen... Abeg carry go cheesy
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
LightQueen:
Wow!! Divepen Divepen... Abeg carry go cheesy
Coming! Coming!
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2018
Jerry just dey drive all the ladies gaga grin

Thanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
thanks boss for the back to back update and "malachy road" big thanks for that too.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Divepen1:
Malachy is noted... Malachy Area or town
anyone boss
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2018
germaphobe:
thanks boss for the back to back update and "malachy road" big thanks for that too.
Lol.. You're welcome.. A Road and Town it is then

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by crownaayam17(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2018
Bidemi,i know if you leave or not,Divepen1(a god) had killed you at chief's villa.

so keep raiding the girls
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
crownaayam17:
Bidemi,i know if you leave or not,Divepen1(a god) had killed you at chief's villa.

so keep raiding the girls
Ahh.. This is what God face ooo.. Hmmm.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by samwobi(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
Divepen1 Is Not A Boss But The Boss. I Comot My Cap For You Jor
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 31
The Return
The time ticked on. Darkness hovered the city of Greencity. Rachael drove-in at the nick of time as the bigger gate was sealed as she entered. She smiled. People were rushing out of Greencity. She shook her head as she kept driving. These people didn’t have the slightest idea of what they were going to face outside.
She couldn’t help them. The very thought of the events to come sent a shiver down her spine. She shivered headed for Queenitee hotel she booked for the night. She took a sip from her bottle of coffee and lifted it as she fought the desire to gulp it. She shook her head and faced the road.
There was only one grand plan. She was there to put an end to what she started. She would destroy Chioma’s Laptop and anything that might be a storage device.
She checked the monitor again but couldn’t see Once's signal anywhere near the house. He had been around Eleyele for three weeks now and if she guessed right, something was wrong. Once would never stay in a place for that long.
‘Once… Nothing must happen to you’, Racheal said, murmuring as she sped past some tricycle.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Chapter 32
New Chapter
Rita swallowed hard as she walked down the street of Malachy. The filth was unbearable. Tears dropped out of her eyes as she kept holding her breathe. She needed to buy razor blade across the street. Everything looked brown.
The smell of unflushed toilet choked the air. Passers-by smelt like rotten egg. The water was gone. The Month of April was here. Nevertheless, she knew better.
She bought the razor blade, and was hurrying away from the street when a little black girl trudged toward her. Her cheeks had caved in and her ribs had bulged out, showing under the skin of her unclothed body. She moved as if the wind was blowing her.
‘Mummy, God will bless you. Please give me money’.
Rita eyed her and shifted back. The stench from her body was enough to make Rita vomit, pour out her intestine. She looked like a 5-day bread.
‘Please ma’, the girl cried. Her voice came out more in whispers.
She kept her head forward. There was nothing she could do to help the girl. She was not with enough money.
Her eyes darted from one house to the other. She felt the urge to stop.
‘Mummy, please. I use God beg you. Water. Water.’
‘Go and meet your parent now.’
‘Please.’
‘Where’s your mother?’ Rita said as she covered her mouth. The stench was too much. She wanted to rush to Kayode’s house and enter into the fresh air she had been living in for three months now. She spat.
The little girl pointed towards a direction. Rita’s eyes followed the direction of her hand and frowned. The girl was pointed at bush.
‘Go to her’.
‘Water.’ The girl said again. Her eyes were fixed on Rita as if she was her only hope.
She couldn’t waste her time in the stench any longer. She shook her head and moved away, telling herself she did the right thing.
The gate to the house suddenly became stuck or was she feeling bad? She told herself she couldn’t feel bad. The girl would get help from somewhere else. Help would always come to those in need of it if the help was really meant for them.
She sat and rose again. The thought came to her again. The same thought that had been propelling her to be good for years. She can’t by-chance be like her father. She rushed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Kayode had used a generator to supply electricity for the freezer and that was why the water was cold. She carried a bag of water and ran out.
She rushed to the street and scanned for the girl. She was lying on the floor, her arm stretched and her eyes widened.
‘Don’t die’, she shrilled as she rushed with the bag of water to the girl. The girl looked up at her and a ray of hope filled her eyes. Her oesophagus went up and down as she moved nearer. Not minding the dusty floor, not minding the stench, Rita fell to the girl’s side and tore the bag of water. The girl suddenly longed for the sachet water and gulped it like a vampire that had been deprived of blood. She took another and drank it.
She breathed hard. Her body heaved as if she had just finished a race.
‘Mama…’ She said in a low voice as she caught her breathe.
‘Take me there…’
She took four of the sachet water. The girl took three sachets and ran off, and she followed. As she left the side, she saw people running towards the bag of water with all their might but she was not concerned. She wondered what had come over her. She shouldn’t let people die as her father would.
They entered an uncompleted building, which was surrounded by bushes. The place was silent. And the only sound was a buzzing sound from within the house. The girl was faster. She rushed inside, shouting ‘Mama…’
When they got inside, Rita dashed back outside because the stench in the room was overbearing. Dirty plates stacked in a corner. And maggot crawled on them. She held her breathe as she saw an open-pot of soured rice. The woman lying on the floor looked as if she not had her bath in months now. The little girl crawled towards the woman, her eyes fixed on the woman’s chest as Rita returned to the room. Flies buzzed.
‘Is she alive?’ Rita said as she avoided the dirty cloth the woman used as a covering.
The little girl nodded severally as she ran to the woman, tore a part of the sachet of water, and tried to open the woman’s mouth.
‘Is she alive?’
The girl kept forcing the water into the still mouth of the woman. Effortlessly, the water kept pouring on the body of the woman.
‘Maami o’, the girl wailed. She pulled the woman’s cloth, rocking her stiff body more in realisation that she would be lonely, that the fact the woman she called her mother was dead.
Tears dropped down Rita’s face. She had killed someone. She had neglected a woman in need and had sent her to her early grave. Shaking from guilt and grief, she moved toward the girl and hugged her. Their body shook in grief. The young girl kept trying to wake her dead mother.
Every sound in the world went off from Rita’s ear as she heard only the girl’s cracked crying-voice. She pulled the girl away from the dead woman.
‘Look at me...’ She said, holding the girl’s greasy head.’ Do you have any family?’
The girl shook her head, sniffing hard.
Rita inhaled. ‘Let’s go. I’ll take care of you’.
‘Maami…’ The girl said, looking at her.
‘I will call people that will bury her. They will bury her…’ Rita burst into a fresh round of tears. The little girl joined her and they wailed for another ten minutes. The guilt of not answering the girl lingered on her mind. She held the girl firmly as she watched the dead woman. She had never been this close to a dead woman.
‘Let’s go…’
The stench was becoming overbearing. Even, the girl needed a very hot bath and good food. She took the girl away with the determination to help the few people she could, she was wealthy and it was time to use her wealth to help people.
They were about to enter the house when a black car stopped beside them. The driver, a woman who looked somewhat familiar, came towards them.
‘Oh my God… You’re alive… You’re alive.’
She remembered the woman, Jerry’s wife, with whom she went to the police station that night. She glanced at her missing finger and back at Jerry’s wife. Now, she had someone they would destroy things together. They will destroy Chief.

Jerry stared the door as he counted numbers in his head; he checked the time. He wondered what was keeping Chioma waiting. He hit a part of the engine to look busy. Nothing could stop him again. Every plan was in motion. The radio in the room cackled and the station casted news.
The news had been the same of late and had made bad things normal. The ISIS, Bokoharam and every little terrorist groups have finally done good in destroying the world. Many of them had come out of their hiding and had gone rampant in destroying many countries. According to their belief, they had gone far to create a biochemical weapon.
For now, one of the few safe place in the world was Greencity, Fortune city. He loved such news. He knew reporters hyped information, and make people fear for nothing. Can anybody destroy the mighty United Kingdom, United States, China, France, Russia and the big names?
He sneaked to the door and peeped for any sign of Chioma, she didn’t come. He hit the front of his head with the edge of his hand and returned to the car. The car was frustrating; he was not getting the logic any longer. The one he did before must have been good but this one was nonsense he didn’t even get close to making the car produce a sound.
The news had been talking about Grace, his wife, of late and he needed to be at her side. Even though he didn’t know where they lived but he knew that he could help stop whatever thing was happening, and that he would get a means of reaching her once he was outside, safe. The killing was becoming rampant since Chief caught him. And that made him wonder if there was any connection between him being in the custody and the evil that had been happening.
‘Ouch’, he said, touching the back of his head as something hit his head. He turned quickly to catch whatever it was. A white paper was wrapped around a stone. He took the stone and unwrapped the paper.
She’s coming
He went to the door of his tool room and knocked it twice, and was about to knock the third time when Chioma entered. He stopped his hand.
‘Bidemi… Guess what today is?’
He smiled at her like he had been doing for five months now, since the beginning of the year. ’Today’s your birthday’.
Her eyes widened. She covered her mouth and turned. 'God… You are good... Bidemi, you are good... I always know you are better than Rachael, and that you could fathom things easily but God, you are good… How did you know?’
‘I guessed… You’ve never come to me to guess before. And you’re looking exceptionally beautiful today’. He moved nearer and rubbed her head, staring at her scalp. If he had his way, he would hit the scalp with a wrench but he controlled his emotion and kissed her head instead. She wriggled. He smiled. The deed was going as expected.
Jerry bent and kissed her lips. As expected, she responded. He pushed her to the door and began kissing her like a hungry man who was given an orange.
Then, he knocked the door thrice. Chioma started but he didn’t give her the chance to decipher what was happening as he began to take his hand to the sensitive parts of her body. She moaned. He didn’t withdraw; instead, he pulled her cloth.
‘So, you’ve been dying to have me’ she said as he kissed her neck and drew her from the door.
He moaned and took her mouth with his. The door opened. He concentrated on her face and made her pay full attention to him. Martha came out of the room and covered Chioma’s nose with a white handkerchief the moment Jerry withdrew. Chioma tried to turn, but Martha was stronger. Her body vibrated as it sought for air but Martha didn’t allow her go until she went limp.
‘Let’s go’ Martha said. Her leg was healed and she was faster for Jerry who had gone on such expeditions in long time now. Jessica had done everything that was needed to be done. The road was clear and they were out in no time.
‘Go through that bush, you will see a car you will use to the place you were hiding before. For no reason… I repeat, for no reason… you are not to come out of your hiding for any reason until Jessica gets to you. You’ll meet Rachael there’.
Jerry’s heart went numb. He felt like running to their hideout immediately. The beautiful night thief was there. He now saw how the plan worked well. She was the brain behind his escape.
He felt like hugging Martha but her face scared him. He looked at her for some time and smiled at her. She turned from him hurriedly but not before, he caught tears swelling in her eyes. He had to thank her. She sacrificed herself by watching over him when he first recovered and she was the one that had tried to take him out of the house, putting her neck on the line for him.
He couldn’t go to her, so he moved towards the bush.
‘Bidemi’, Martha called. He turned and had to steady himself quickly when she ran into him.
Her full black hair covering his face as she hugged him tightly. He opened his palm, confused. Then slowly, he took his hand to her back and hugged her.
She pushed herself back quickly.’ I’m sorry, I don’t know what got over me’, she said and turned.’ Go…’
Jerry watched her as she covered her face with her palm and said,’ wetin dey do me?’
He trudged into the bush and drove off. He didn’t know the way but he would ask.
As he entered the car, a phone rang. Jerry was caught by surprise that he ran out of the car and calmed himself when he got outside. He moved slowly towards the car. Martha didn’t tell him a phone was in the car.
The phone stopped ringing. Then, it rang again.
‘Hello… Bidemi… It’s Rachael’
‘Rachael?’
‘We’ll talk later… I’ll be directing you home...To Pastor Matthew’s place…’
He nodded. His body tingled to hear her voice again. He wished to see her and wished it could happen immediately.
‘There’s a black hands-free in the airbag. Use it.’
‘Okay I’ll meet you …’
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 12:32am On Dec 29, 2018
gan gan gan kirin kirin, this is the part in movies where i fast forward it with the remote so that the escape would be over soon.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2018
Well done Divepen1
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2018
LightQueen:
Well done Divepen1
Gracias..

By the way, are you sticking to Light House
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:24am On Dec 29, 2018
germaphobe:
gan gan gan kirin kirin, this is the part in movies where i fast forward it with the remote so that the escape would be over soon.
Loll
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Divepen1:
Gracias..
By the way, are you sticking to Light House
Yeah...
Light House it is wink
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skubido(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2018
OP comma continue oooo
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2018
skubido:
OP comma continue oooo
You'll get what you ask for...
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2018
, Chapter 33
Payback Time
When Jerry got to their hideout, he wondered if he should really go inside because he was still angry at Pastor and he didn’t want to talk to the man of God rudely. Also, he didn’t know how to face Rachael especially now that he knew she was pregnant for him.
The trees around were all gone and men were working hard at finishing the Ark. It was now big and was near completion. In fact, the only thing remaining to fix were the windows and the door. Jerry stared at the ark, amazed. He moved towards it and looked it over. The ark was big and could contain about 50000 people. The length and the height of it made Jerry’s mouth open again. The colour reminded him of cookies.
Jerry stared at the ark and wondered what it would be like to be lifted on water in this large ark. The feeling was eerie. He looked the ark over and shook his head.
‘What a waste of money’, a silky voice said, jolting him.
He turned and saw the beautiful night thief, Racheal. She was still as beautiful as she had always been. He wondered how Pastor Matthew would have coped with her beauty dangling in front of his eyes. Even though, she wasn't as beautiful as Grace nor was she as tarty as Chioma, she had a beauty that could make any man want to remain by her side for long years. Her stomach has protruded. She had a bottle with her.
‘Rachael…’
‘It’s nice seeing you too’, she stared at him as if she was drawn-back by a force not to hug him. She stretched her hand and he took it. Jerry would have loved to hug her but he didn’t. He had learnt his lesson from Chioma and thought it wise to abstain from women.
‘Let’s go inside’.
‘Where’s Pastor?’ Jerry asked as they moved on.
‘Ermm… He’s been doing crusade of late…’ She said as she drank from the bottle. He knew she was drinking coffee again.
’ Crusade?’
‘A sort of end-time crusade.... He’s been sort of telling people about the return of Jesus, the return of the rain and the desire of the lord to save their souls. You know how that had been; In fact, he’s convinced me and I started following him’, Rachael said laughing as the entire field now looked to Jerry as though he had been thrown into a world he couldn’t reckon with.
. ‘So, why are you not with him today’.
‘Nothing much. He wanted me to oversee this business and I wanted to be here when you return.’
‘Oh yes… How did you manage to make Jessica help me out? She couldn’t’ have done it before’.
She smiled at him. And faced the house.
‘And why are you back? Shouldn’t you be hiding or something. Not that I’m not glad to see you. I have a lot of questions for you but I will like to know what brought you back? You wouldn’t have gone through all the stress of running from here and returning without a reason’.
They entered the house and Jerry felt the house drawing him towards itself. The hands of a lady were felt on the aesthetic of the house and one could see the effect. The place was now designed with wallpapers and there were flower vases.
Jerry was sure Pastor Matthew would have said that those were frivolities and that they were vanity since he wouldn’t be there for long.
‘Wow… Pastor Matthew didn’t object to this?’
She shook her head. ‘He didn’t have time to object. He was obsessed with the building of ark and with the preaching that he would give up anything for it. He has been going out most of these days, to convince people that the rain would come soon and that when it comes, it is not coming in small quantity, that it would come in a great quantity. He said the government should restore planting of trees; yet, he is cutting trees to build an ark’ She laughed. 'Is that man not funny? I wondered how you endured living with him… ‘
‘But I thought you said you do follow him’.
She nodded, her face holding the amused look.
‘So, why are you thinking he’s wrong?’
‘I’m not saying he’s wrong. I’m saying he’s doing the exact opposite of what he’s preaching’.
‘You’ve not answered my question…’
‘You must be hungry… ‘Rachael said. She raised the bottle.’ You know you should continually drink coffee. It makes you happy’.
Pastor’s Matthew’s song wasn't playing now; instead, Adekunle Gold's music was coming from the stereo player and Jerry could understand whose it was.
Jerry stared at Racheal as she came back with noodles and fruit juice for him. He smiled as he devoured he food. He wasn't supposed to be hungry but he was agitated that morning that he refused to eat the food he was given.
‘Bidemi, we need to get your wife and Pastor Matthew into safety’.
Jerry stared at her.
‘Yes, I know about your wife from the beginning’, She said, her eyes fixed on the floor.’ Your wife had been working hard to bring Chief down, she has the second best-selling Newspaper in Fortune City now. Things are going bad. And she’s providing evidence that is showing Chief as the person doing the evil. And if I know Chief well, he hates publicity even for good things. When the Governor of Fortune City was to be elected, he was the one who provided money that changed the mind of many of the people, that made them decamp to the Governor's side. He’s the one we call the evil of this world. His main goal was written by one person’.
‘Chioma…’
Racheal shook her head.’ Me…’
Jerry stopped his hand in the mid-air as his eyes scrolled over her body. He swallowed.’ How? Why? But I thought Chioma…’
Rachael shook her head.
‘I am the one. I wrote everything and gave Chioma everything to handle. I made her the custodian of the evil of this world. I wrote out the plan of how to overcome all the systems of this world. That’s why Isis and many of her terrorist groups are striving, because I taught Chioma how to win the defense of all these country. And because Chief had been the one giving them the idea and money, they all pay him obeisance and they give him loots… Do you see how he get his money, and how influential he’s?'
Jerry stared at Rachael as if she was a wallpaper. He didn’t believe her.
‘But you can’t possibly know all these things’.
Rachael smiled and rubbed her hair. ’ Chief was a very influential man even before he started training us assassins’.
‘He trained you people…’
Rachael nodded.
‘Wow’.
‘Yes, and that was how many of us became assassin. I was the first in the series. He paid ex-militants from several countries to train me. Have you noticed that it was rare to catch assassins in Fortune City? I won’t go into that,.. He paid top computer gurus to train me. I went to many psychology classes and many focus classes. I did yoga, I learnt judo, Taekwondo and all…'
Jerry couldn’t believe that the lady with this stature would have such trainings.
‘But how many years did you spend that you are now trained and good enough to be the one to write all these plan?’
‘I was kidnapped when I was thirteen, and I had been in training since then. Even yesterday, I still trained myself ‘.
Jerry stared at her as the heavy machines outside began to disturbed the silence that infested the house. He shifted forward.
‘Yes... I was that good. As I was saying this people gave me a good training that helped me know all the system of America. Chief bribed many of these people to teach me how their system works. I was his greatest asset and would have remain so, if I didn’t push Chioma to him.’
Then, a phone rang. He stared at her, wishing he could push her to answer the biggest question. Rachael answered the phone and it was Jessica on the line. She had received an intel that Pastor Matthew was to be assassinated at the event he went to and Grace was to be abducted.
‘Oh God…’ Rachael said as she rushed into the room, returned with a bag hanging across her body, picked her coffee bottle, and rushed out. Metal clang within the bag. Her speed surprised Jerry who expected her to be slow.
Jerry stood and followed her.
‘Stay back… ‘ she shouted.
‘Where are you going?’ he shouted after her as she ran with all her might towards the black Kia rio parked in a corner of the compound. Her movement was faster than a hare, Jerry didn’t want to be taken out of the loop again. He ran towards her and surprised himself at the speed with which he ran after her.
‘Who’s that… that?
‘They want to kill Pastor Matthew… And they’ll kidnap Grace.’
‘Call him… Tell him to leave’.
‘Call him? They’ll trace him and kill him then my effort would be fruitless…’ She drove off.
‘Take me with you’ he shouted after her.
When she got to the gate, she stopped the car and he was by her side in no seconds. The clanging sound of the gate wasn’t as loud as his heartbeat were to his ear.
‘Take me with you’
’Take you with me? Are you nut? I should… Get back inside and don’t come out till … don’t come out ‘. She entered the car and raced off.
Jerry stared at the door, wondering if he would forgive himself if anything happened to his wife especially when he knew about it. Rachael would do something. He moved back to the room when he remembered his son would be there.
Jerry ran to his car and drove after Rachael. He must find them. He didn’t know where she headed but he traced the mark of her car’s tire. However, the ground was hard and tracing her was difficult. In fact, they would need back-up especially when the people they would have to help would be many.
He drove fast but didn’t see Racheal until he got to the end of the village. He saw her car slowing down when it got to a sloppy ground.
He reduced the speed of the car because if she truly got her training from those she claimed she got it from, they would have taught her how to spot a follower and he wouldn’t love her to stop him from getting his family to safety.
He followed her all the way, his heart beating fast, wishing he knew where they were. The question he needed answers to right now was how did his wife and Pastor Matthew become acquainted? He wondered if she was close to Pastor Matthew too.
Rachael drove into the University of Greencity, and stopped when she got to Light House Hall. The whole compound was filled with people. Even, outside the hall, people kept pushing one another, making him wonder if those people really loved the word of God or if it was their fear of what Pastor Matthew was preaching that brought them there.
He needed to see Pastor Matthew and for the first time he would forget the fact that he was a man of God. He would tell him the truth. Pastor Matthew wasn't seeing his vision well. He was the one who encouraged him to visit Rita’s house. If he had not gone, maybe he would still be in their hide out, enjoying himself. Maybe, he wouldn’t remember he had a family and even his family wouldn’t be in danger at that time because they wouldn’t be used as a means of getting to him.
He stopped at the right door that led to the main hall and was not ready to listen when some of the school guards, Abefele, called him. He ran into the hall and searched everywhere for his wife.
He squeezed his way to the front but the door was locked. Then, he saw the Abefeles surrounding something and he loved to know what it was. It was a big container.
'Why are people facing this direction?' He asked himself.
' Na water', a woman said. Her blouse looked as if it was hanged on her. He shifted back as a foul smell emitted from her mouth.' Na water... Water dey there’.
‘Join the queue’, someone was shouting.
The person came to the woman beside Jerry. 'Madam, join queue why you dey do like watermelon…?’
‘You dey craze… No be here I dey since, wey person no get chance move. People dey enter my front. Dem dey enter for front. We wey done dey here since seven this morning, we never get the chance to take water’.
Jerry watched the woman and felt bad for her.
‘My baby never chop anything’, the woman said as tears rolled down her eyes.’Dem dey call me since. I no get water…’
‘If you no fit join queue, go fetch well now… If you no fit follow order, you no fit do …’
‘Idiot, na your mama you for talk sey mey she go drink well water… Na you go die of well water… abi something dey worry you?’
‘Na my mama you dey talk to so… If I whoze you.. Na tomorrow you go know wetin do you...’
‘Abeg park well. Wetin dey do this sugomu…’
‘Bros…Calm down’, Jerry said.
‘Abegi leave me. See how she dey like do fried crayfish. Him kon dey sey na im get craze for head… My own craze don waka pass aro own…’
‘Madam… Join the queue…’ Jerry said.
‘If you no get wetin you wan talk, shut that hole wey you call mouth ooo…’
Jerry sighed and focused on his search for Grace. He ran towards the door, when he got the chance to do so.
‘Bidemi’, someone shouted with glee and hugged him.
He closed his eyes because his nostrils were flooded with the vanilla perfume she used. The smell made him go back in time. He suddenly remembered so many times he had the opportunity to smell this perfume especially from a lady like this.
‘Bidemi… ‘ She said and withdrew. He looked at her face and couldn’t help feeling the warmth in his heart. He had seen ladies but had never felt love towards anyone like the one he felt for Grace. Ever since he began to regain his memory, he had been thinking of her only.
‘We need to leave now… There are some people here to take you… I mean they want to kidnap you…’
Grace looked about.
‘’They are not here but I don’t even know but we have to leave…’
‘My people’, she said and wanted to run inside. Jerry held her and gently pulled her towards the door.’ C'mon, we need to leave now. Chief’s people are coming. What’s wrong with you? Let’s go to our house. ‘
‘Why are we going to our house?'
‘We must pick Ade before-'.
‘Take me wherever you want to but we don’t need to go my house...our house- ‘.
‘Won’t we pick our son for God’s sake. If they want to get us who will they use at as a ransom for us’.
‘He’s dead’.
Jerry’s head suddenly became void of sound.
‘What are you talking about?’
‘That night you were caught. There was a bomb-blast... He died… He died..’ She said as tears flowed down her face.
Jerry stared at her and couldn’t comfort her because he was at that time like Job of the bible, there was no one to comfort him. He watched the front.
Then Jerry felt a flash of someone. He looked up and scanned the crowd. It seemed there was someone there he had seen before. He was about to give up when he saw one of the assassins.
‘Move’ he shouted.
They ran off towards the gate. He looked back and saw the guy bringing out a silenced pistol.
‘Duck ‘, Jerry shouted as he pushed Grace out of the way. Something sharp bore into his arm. 'Argh…’ He exclaimed. The scent of gunpowder filled the air.
Grace reacted faster too. She dragged him towards the parked cars.
‘Where’s your car...?’
‘There…’. He said as the pain began to get to his whole body. The pain was too much to bear: He slumped but Grace was faster, she lifted him and dragged him towards the car. Luckily for them, the door was opened.
‘Work… ‘, she cried as she stepped on the throttle fiercely but the car didn’t bulge. Tears poured down her face.’ Work’, she cried, frustrated.
The assassin came to their side and pointed the gun at them. Blood welled into Jerry’s mouth. The taste was different from anything Jerry had ever tasted.
‘Get down… Get out of the damn thing’, he yelled, pointing his gun at them. People around ran into hiding when they saw the gun.
As though he was hit by lightning, the guy yelled and crumbled to floor. Racheal rushed to the driver’s seat.
‘Oh! My God… Bidemi… Bidemi….' She cried. ‘Move over’.
‘Oh! Rachael…’
‘There’s no time for this now. Move over. Go to the back….’
She got into the car and drove off. Jerry went unconscious.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2018
See tension everywhere

Thanks for the update OP

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Fierce / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.