Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Think I Love Him - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Think I Love Him (3464 Views)

Texting Story (he Hits Me But I Love Him) / I Love You, But I Am Guilty. / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
The misadventures of a colored boy...

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
The story centers on two young men who met online and started an Unforbidden relation that threatens to destroy their lives.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by Wadewaltz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
No dey fool ursef OP
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2018

I had a few good friends and he was one of them -- the boy without a face. Nights like this, I was on my bed, waiting for his messages on my iPad. I really can't remember how we met but it seemed like I had known him forever. He understood me the way no one else did and I think I do too, understood him the way no one else did.

It was 10PM and my heart threatened to jut out of my chest, it was unlike him, he never failed to text me by this hour.

Maybe he was expecting me to text him, so I wrote on my iPad and sent..."Hi..."

But he did not reply and I texted again: "Are you avoiding me?"

Still no response from him and I texted again: " Did I do anything wrong?"

"No you didn't..." I expected these words to proceed from my question but nothing followed. It was obvious something was wrong.

I lay back on my bed with my mind darting restlessly; wondering about the things I must have done wrong but found nothing.

When we had a chat yesterday, everything seemed okay. He was excited about coming to Lagos and I was too, excited about seeing him but his silence now was killing me slowly.

I picked up my iPad and texted him: " is everything okay John?"

But I was met by the same reception, his silence.

The night sailed away with no words from John and I woke up in the morning with a fever.

"John this is unlike you..."

Two days passed vainly with no words from John and I was convinced he would never reply.

The third day a message beeped on my iPad and I quickly opened it. It was him and my face was lighted again.

"Stop chating me you gay..."

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2018

John was to be history three days later. The nerve of that guy. How dare him call me 'gay' as if he wasn't? And to know I had been open with him...I'd told him almost everything about my life. Everything my parents never knew about me. Everything I would die to keep as a secret. Everything I was ashamed of about myself.

Though the betrayal I felt was a hard bone to swallow but I'd to swallow it; he wasn't worth it at all. Though I'd found myself crying under my blanket, wishing the world wasn't so cruel -- wishing I hadn't just lost someone I'd thought I loved. Wait, love? Yes for a while I had thought I loved him. Loved to listen to his croaky voice -- loved to listen to his whirring laughter. Loved the way he called my name.

But I guess it wasn't meant to last. Our kind of love wasn't meant to last...

"Jerry..." I heard my name from the living room - it was Ma's voice -- she was calling me for dinner. I pulled from the bed and slid into my sweatpants and made for the stairs.

We had white rice and pepper soup and Pa could not stop talking about work and I could not stop thinking about John. But why can't I stop thinking about him?

"Thanks Ma...thanks Pa," I pulled from the chair and took my plate from the table.

I was halfway into the kitchen when my iPad beeped. "Who could that be?" I thought, not wanting to check it but I couldn't hold it anymore when I got to my room.

I peered into my iPad and there was a new message in my iPad from a strange number.

"Hi..."

"Hello, who are you?"

"It's me?"

"Who are you?"

"It is me John."
Re: I Think I Love Him by Mavikolo2020: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2018
Is this a gay story
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2018
"John?" My heart raced. "What do you want?" I texted him back.

"I am sorry..." He replied.

"Sorry! I thought you never wanted to chat with me again?"

I waited a minute long before clicking the 'send' button -- a part of me was excited and the other was sceptical -- what was his intention now?

"I already said I am sorry..." He texted back. He sounded angry like he had any right to...

"So you think I should just accept your apology for calling me gay?"

I was upset now -- he was definitely toiling with me.

He did not reply that moment, I presumed he was finding his words or he had ghosted again like it was a bad idea apologizing to me even.

I had already given up when his message flashed:

"My girlfriend saw our messages..."

"Girlfriend?" My eyes bulged with shock. "You have a girlfriend?"

"...See Jerry, I never intended to hurt you...I'd no other choice."

"You never told me you had a girlfriend..." I replied him and his message appeared only a minute separated from mine.

"It's complicated..."

And then I waited to see the full message.

"So am I forgiven or what?"

This made no sense to me. After all these times, I was only getting to know about this. I had told him all my secrets - even the most embarrassing ones -- the many times I had peeped Oshe taking his bath -- the many times I had rubbed my penis over the picture of Justin Bieber -- those very pervasive acts of mine, he knew it.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?"

"I already told you that it's complicated..." He replied.

"My life was more complicated, " I thought. I have never had a girlfriend before. How can I even have a girlfriend, when I liked boys? I have tried to feel about girls, the way I felt about boys but it was to no avail. Once I kissed Chioma -- the girl from my school and I thought I will stop liking boys; only to find myself peeping Oshe that evening.

So if John was talking about his life been complicated, it wasn't even closed to mine. At least he had a girlfriend.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2018
Mavikolo2020:
Is this a gay story
I think so oo #run outta thread grin
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
LightQueen:
I think so oo #run outta thread grin

grin grin
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2018

It was during the time I got expelled from school for pushing Badmus down our dormitory stairs. Pa was very upset and had banned me from leaving my room. I had no real friends so that wasn't actually a punishment.

But the real punishment was not having access to my computers. Ma had lined a couple of self help books to enable me move through this phase but there was no moving on for me, I was stocked without an exit point.

But I needed to breathe, I needed someone to talk to before I ran insane.

I had only managed to hide my iPad in my suitcase so Pa didn't get a hold of it. So when I was home alone I brought it out and surfed the internet.

I had opened a new Facebook account with the name 'jerricurlz' -- having a fresh start implied I wasn't going to let the past affect me anymore. I was leaving the drama from school behind.

I met a lot of guys like me but none got my attention like John.

It was late in the night when I saw his 'friend request.' There was no displayed picture so I was hesitant to accept but I accepted.

He was the first to send me a direct message:

"Hi..."

"Hello?" I replied, sceptical of this faceless person.

"I am John and you?"

"Jerry..." I replied.

"Where do you stay?"

"Lagos..." I replied and logged off Facebook and went to bed.
Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nice story, keep the updates coming.
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sometimes we spend the whole night time, chatting and talking about our lives. How difficult it was living with our secrets. He told me about his struggles with temptation, and how it had almost landed him in trouble with a team mate.

"So you play football?" I was surprised because boys like me hardly play that sport.

"Yes I do," He replied. "Surprised?"

"Yes I mean...I hate that sport, I don't get why guys are mad about it."

"So what sport do you like?" He asked.

"Sport?" I scowled. "I don't like any sport."

"Seriously well that's where we are different because I love sport."

There was nothing not to like about John. Despite he hated Lady Gaga which was my all time favorite and swore never to wear makeup which I secretly wore when Ma was not around -- I had never felt so connected to someone ever before in my life like I was with John. Call it taboo I had felt John was my missing rib.

"So what's your favourite food?" I had asked him in one of those times we were getting to know ourselves.

"Egusi and fufu?" He replied with the tongue out emoji.

"Fufu, are you kidding me?" I texted him back with the tongue out emoji too.

"As you are about to know, I am a village boy my dear..."

It was the first time he had called me dear but I never wanted to read meaning to it.

"Say no more my friend..."

"And you what's your favourite food?" He asked and I thought about my reply, but there was no need thinking cause what I had in my mind was a lie. John was all about the truth.

"Indomie and egg?" I replied and held my breath.

"Ajebo..." He teased me. "I won't be surprised if you look like indomie."

"Lol..."

John was funny, something I couldn't even fake. I was a sad lonely dark gay boy before John came to my life and brightened my world.

I don't think I was foolish to have fallen for him.
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
EVarn:
Nice story, keep the updates coming.
I've got my first fan. I am glad you are following.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
dagoldenboi001:

I've got my first fan. I am glad you are following.
I like the fact that I can practically feel the emotions in the story.

Jerry seem to be a little bit angsty, but one can hardly blame him, he is young, innocent and scared. The fact that he has fallen for a faceless entity online speaks of a bit of naivete, but it's justified by his need to not feel alone, his need to connect with someone like himself.

John is an enigma. A gay guy that has a girlfriend and plays football.

I love to see how this pans out.

Thanks for this great job, please keep the updates rolling in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Love Him by donjazet(m): 3:13am On Dec 15, 2018
Its a story with a nice premise, i hope the writer doesnt derail from it eventually. it has the right emotional content that connects the reader and author. keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 4:31am On Dec 15, 2018
EVarn:

Jerry seem to be a little bit angsty, but one can hardly blame him, he is young, innocent and scared. The fact that he has fallen for a faceless entity online speaks of a bit of naivete, but it's justified by his need to not feel alone, his need to connect with someone like himself.

This means a lot. I won't disappoint you.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 4:44am On Dec 15, 2018
donjazet:
Its a story with a nice premise, i hope the writer doesnt derail from it eventually. it has the right emotional content that connects the reader and author. keep it coming.

Thank you. I am glad I have fans now
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 4:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Ann2012:
Well done OP
Thank you.
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2018

I had tried imaging what John might look like but my imagination had given nothing more than a boy without a face.

I had asked for his picture but he had replied that it wasn't the right time for him to show me his face.

"Wait are you ugly or something?" I had teased him.

"I can't be ugly. Think of me as a black Justin Bieber."

"You wish..."

"I am very handsome," He replied with the cute face emoji.

"Then send me your picture."

He was silent for a while, maybe I shouldn't be forcing him to send me his picture, I thought and started typing on my iPad to change the topic but his reply came before I hit the send button.

"If i send you my pix you would want to come over here to have sex with me."

"What?" I laughed in my throat. "Your looks cannot have such effect on me please."

"I am not joking."

"Of course you are...but I want you to know that no matter how you look I won't stop liking you."

"Seriously? Even if my face is burned out?" He asked.

"Is your face burned out?" I asked back.

"No, I was just asking..."

"Yes I won't stop liking you. You are my best friend." I replied with the gay emoji but regretted using it after I had hit the send button.

"Best friends? Because the emoji is saying something different..."

"Just best friends," I replied and anticipated his reply.

He didn't reply, he just send me a pix of his sideburns.

"Your face didn't show."

"That's a teaser." He replied. "If I have seen that you are worthy I will send you a pix of my face."

"Hmmm...if I was worthy."

I was still obsessed about putting a face on John that I dreamt one night that he visited me with a veil over his head and I was tempted to take it off and he warned that I might not like what I see but was there anything not to like about John?

I vowed never to stop loving him even if his face was scarred or burned out. So he accepted and let me take off his veil and I woke up the second I opened his face.

John was Badmus.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 8:46am On Dec 17, 2018
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
As you know already I had no real friends but I had one once -- Badmus. His family moved to our neighborhood years back. He was this tall and lean guy with a cute smile. I remembered watching his family and him moved into their house and wondering whether we would end up been friends. I was never good at keeping friends. It was either they found a reason to snub me or i found a reason to snub them. I wasn't anything close to a jock so I wasn't really the best friend of a gamer or a football enthusiast. But I could have been the best friend of a soul music enthusiast though

Badmus started attending same school as me in the new year. It was easy to be friends with him. New kid on the block without friends. I was to be the closest thing he could have as a friend.

I thought Badmus coming into my life was a second chance for me to embrace my masculinity. I wanted to play game, ride bicycle, play football, have my first kiss with a girl. It was to be easy. Badmus was to make it easy for me but he ended up making it harder.

I had lost count of the many times Badmus had trashed me at PS2. I tried to learn. Stayed all night learning but he still trashed me, the boy was very good at it. Boys were to be good at this things.

But I wasn't one of those. Though they were things I was better at like topping the class. Boys were meant to top class too.

Over time Badmus became popular at school. He became a captain of the school's football team and started dating the prettiest girl in school -- Ella. I think the only reason Badmus and I remained friends those times was because I helped him with his home work, of which I never complained because even though I hated him later he was my first love.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by Amarita(f): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
Nice one op...keep the update flowing....

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
One night, I was half asleep on my bed when I heard a knock on my window. "Who is it?" I jolted from the bed and made for the headlamp. "Who is it?" I asked again under my breath.

"It is me," a hoarse masculine voice replied.

"Badmus?" It wasn't hard to tell it was him but what was he doing here at this time?

I moved to the window and lifted it up. He was wearing his favourite grey polo and a pyjamas pant.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again in a low voice.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure," I gave way as he jumped into my room.

"Thank you," He said and parted me on my shoulder.

"You haven't answered my question," I said as I closed back the window.

But he did not reply me, instead he jumped on the bed and fell on his back.

"What's going on Badmus?"

"Can I sleep here tonight?" He asked, begging me with his eyes.

"I don't know..." I stuttered.

"Please Jerry..."

And I couldn't help but say yes, it was hard to ignore the look on his face -- the sadness on it seemed real.

I lay on the bed next to him with his nasal breath in my face.

"Thank you Jerry, you are a good friend," He purred.

"What are friends for?" I purred back but the word 'friend' doesn't seem to fit. We had not been friends for quite a while. He hardly talked to me in school even.

"You know sometimes I feel like going away, to somewhere far away?"

"Why?" I asked and for the first time I noticed the dried tears on his cheekbone.

"Never mind..." He said and turned from me.

"Is it about your father?"

"He is not my father..." He retorted.

"I never knew..."

"Let's not talk about this."

I lay back on the bed but couldn't close my eyes. This seemed awkward. He was pained and I lacked the right words to help him feel better.

"I envy you sometimes you know," He said and my eyes became wide with shock.

"There is nothing to envy about me."

"Your life is perfect. Your parents loves and gives you everything you want."

"My life is not perfect. It is not even close to perfect because I am gay," I wanted to say this to him but instead I said: "nobody's life is perfect."

He was mute for a while and I presumed he had fallen asleep and I managed to close my eyes.

I woke in the night to find his arm on my chest. I wanted to move his arm but for some reason I wanted it to be there. He was facing me and I imagined he must have fallen asleep staring at me. "Did he like me too?" I asked myself, i mean I have liked him since the day I set my eyes on him and all those days of videogame, I had wanted us to be this close.

I moved my lips to taste his just as I had watched in films. His lips was sweet I swear that I never wanted to part from it. He kissed me back and time expired. This was to last forever.

I felt his bulge on my thighs and I felt mine rise too.

"Oh my God..." I screamed in my throat.

"What the f**k Jerry?" He opened his eyes and pulled from me.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
Well, I am guessing John and Badmus are the same person.....love for football(Badmus is even a captain), the girlfriend(Ella)....

Nice.... Keep the updates coming.... I think this might be the best romance story of the year on the forum....
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2018

So that was how Badmus and I stopped been friends and my life in school became a living hell. He told his friends about what happened and in no time the story became public knowledge.

On the walls of my school, my name was in black bold letters: "JERRY THE FARGOT."

I hated school. I hated my life. Some days I pretended to be sick so I didn't have to go to school and other days I wandered the streets in my school uniform so I don't have to go to school.

I mean life in school was unbearable. Every little opportunity Badmus's friends had, they used it to mock and laugh at me. During break time was the worst, they would physically assault me and yell at the top of their voices: "FARGOT."

I stopped using the male restroom because I fear of running into them and getting assaulted.

All this while Badmus said nothing to me, he just laughed when they mocked me. I hated him. That night I had been a friend to him and had only made a mortal mistake but his actions now proved he was never my friend.

My form mistress called Ma about my continued absence from school and Ma was furious when I returned that day.

"Do you want to fail?" Ma yelled at me. "Don't you want to be a doctor again?"

I had nothing to reply though I wanted to say badly that I hated my school but that would had resulted to Ma asking me why I hated school and I would have to tell her the truth or the half-truth.

But I needed to be strong for Ma. Maybe they would stop mocking me one day and I looked forward to that day.

I was in the library one afternoon, obviously hiding from the bullies because they never come here. It was Ella who came with her train of friends. She had never mocked me even when others did and wondered why she had come to the library.

She sat on the chair facing me and I was forced to take my gaze from the book I was pretending to read.

"Hi Jerry..."

"Hi?"

"What book are you reading?"

I quickly turned to the cover page of the book because in truth I couldn't remember the title of the book.

"Self discovery and..." I stuttered.

"What's it about?" She asked.

"Have not really..." I said and paused, "wait why are you?"

"I came to read."

"No you didn't..."

"Okay fine," She said and paused. "I don't like what's going on?"

"What's going on?"

"What people are calling you."

"That would be courtesy of your boyfriend," I scowled.

"I am trying to help you..."

"Help me how?"

"This was a bad idea I see," She stood up. "Badmus said you tried to rape him."

"Rape him?"

"I just want to hear your own side of the story."

"He kissed me..." I shouted and the others in the library turned to me.

"What?"

"Yes. Your boyfriend kissed me."

"Liar..."

"You shouldn't have come here."

"What they say about you is true, you are really a disgusting fargot," She spat and walked out with her friends.

I struggled with tears as I sat there, wanting to kill Badmus. How dare him spread rumours that I tried to rape him. I was going to confront him after I had defeated my tears.

He was at the third floor with his friends when I found him and without wasting time I ran towards him and pushed him down the stairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2018
EVarn:
Well, I am guessing John and Badmus are the same person.....love for football(Badmus is even a captain), the girlfriend(Ella)....

Nice.... Keep the updates coming.... I think this might be the best romance story of the year on the forum....

Wow thanks for following.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Risingstar2020(f): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Nice story

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by nijabazaar: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2018
This is so touching...

Poor is the man whose affection, whose happiness depends on the permission of another...
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: I Think I Love Him by nijabazaar: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2018
EVarn:

Most gays like soccer. And the guy might actually be a bisexual or a pansexual..Sexuality is a horrible thing i tell you. Its like random luck, it falls and you and take whatever you get...

There is so much transcendental emotion in this writeup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fight Imminent Among Tinubu, Sanwo-olu, Wike, Others – Primate Ayodele / The Wicked Brother And Uncle / Get Turnitin Today And Finally Say NO To Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.