Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

I Think I Love Him - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Think I Love Him (3471 Views)

Texting Story (he Hits Me But I Love Him) / I Love You, But I Am Guilty. / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
nijabazaar:

Most gays like soccer. And the guy might actually be a bisexual or a pansexual..Sexuality is a horrible thing i tell you. Its like random luck, it falls and you and take whatever you get...

There is so much transcendental emotion in this writeup
I am not sure of the claim the most gays like soccer.... But I agree that the story has a very vivid emotional touch, almost as if the writer was narrating a personal experience.

True, I think John is probably bisexual.
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2018

Pa came home the evening of the day I pushed Badmus down the stairs with a good and bad news. The school management had phoned him after I had ran for my life, in fear of getting lynched by students for killing Badmus. It was a long run and I didn't for a second wait to catch my breath whilst running. I had imagined what would happen to me when his friends caught me on the run, they wouldn't think twice to decimate me.

I was in the middle of nowhere when I noticed they had stopped chasing after me. I took a minute to catch my breath as my throat begged for water. "What have you done Jerry?"

I thought of going to the police station to report but I couldn't get myself to do it. I thought of suicide but the thought of my parents losing their only child defeated the suicidal thought. "What should I do?"

The only thing I could do was to contact Ma and tell her what had happened. Only she would understand.

So I begged a good stranger for his cell phone and called Ma.

"Hello Ma..." I spoke into the phone and Ma's voice sounded out of the speakers with angst. She was more than disappointed in me and Pa's own disappointment was even worst. He had almost whipped me if not for Ma's interference.

"You have been expelled," Dad read out to me and I tightened my mouth not to let out my excitement. At least I didn't have to go through the aftermath of my brazen act in school.

"What about Badmus?" I was tempted to ask but he answered anyway like he heard me ask.

"Badmus broke only a bone..."

"Why only a bone, why not his skull?" I seethed within me but it was music to my ears that he didn't escape death without a scar.

"From today's henceforth, you are grounded Jerry and no computers or gadgets for you..."

"No Pa..." I begged silently but Pa's mind was already made up.

I was to be a room leech for the rest of the year till they figured out what to do with.

"You were never this rebellious Jerry," Ma had said to me when she brought dinner to my room because I had refused to eat with them.

"He was bullying me..." I had explained to Ma.

"You used to be good friends..."

"We were never friends Ma..."

The following day Pa had demanded I apologize to Badmus but I had bluntly refused and augmented my punishment. I was never going to receive any allowance till the end of the year and I wasn't going to receive any gift on my birthday either. I was to really feel bad about my actions but I felt nothing, not even a tinge of contrite.

Some days I came to my window to have a peek of Badmus's misery but he was no where all those days and I wondered about his whereabouts. I so wanted to see him suffer as I was suffering. I had wished his bones never healed for it would have reminded him of me all his life.

Those were really really dark times of my life, I was alone and disbanded. It seemed like the world was against me. I had lost Badmus in the most dramatic ways. I wasn't worthy of having a friend or a lover but when I met John my perspective about life changed and I felt differently. I felt important. John made me feel important and with him I felt deeply what love signified.

TO BE CONT'D
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
EVarn:
I am not sure of the claim the most gays like soccer.... But I agree that the story has a very vivid emotional touch, almost as if the writer was narrating a personal experience.

True, I think John is probably bisexual.

Thanks for following.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
dagoldenboi001:

Thanks for following.
Thanks for coming up with such a cool story, keep the updates coming please.... Ever thought of publishing something like this on Okada books?, I assure you, it will blow....stuffs like these can open up public perception on same sex relationships.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by nijabazaar: 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dear Op, you are teasing me softly with these words...

Jeez, i neva knew i can love romance in ma laif.
I thought, i am more of a horror guy but op is good.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
The night came with a secret. An untold truth. I had always told myself that I was not what I feel inside. The beating drums in my heart and the burning desire was only a figment. The dreams I had always find myself; naked and shameless and the morning after -- the spilled milk on my bed sheet were all not real. But I will wake and it was his face I will remember. Every morning it was a different face I drew. He had brown eyes and dark curly hairs in one and in another, he was round faced with deep dimples. He had the most infectious smiles and kissable lips in the last one I drew and I was certain this was him. The sound of his voice was as loud as his smiles. I loved him with everything in me.

"Hi..." An expectant smile stood in my eyes as I wrote this and tapped the 'send button.'

"Hello?" He replied and a broad smile spread across my face with flair.

"I missed you," I typed and then deleted and typed again and sent.

There was no reply. Five minutes seemed like five days. I shouldn't have said I missed him.

"Really?" That was all he texted.

This was a mistake. Ashes don't make smokes.

"What do you mean by really?" Maybe I had misunderstood him but I was about to find out.

He replied with a cute faced emoji and I pouted my lips, this wasn't the John I remembered.

We were both silent for a minute that seemed like forever and then his message flashed: "I missed you too."

Then my face swelled with an unbidden smile and my heart did a three sixty jump, was it love again?

I searched for words to say to make this moment last but I could not find any. The thought of his girlfriend blew out the rising flame of passion in my heart.

"Do you love your girlfriend?" I asked and tightened my lips with anticipation.

I fell asleep with a hole in my heart, wanting it to be filled with his reply: "No I don't."

"Yes I do..." This was his reply when the morning forced its way into my sleep.

"What now?"
Re: I Think I Love Him by Ann2012(f): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
Well done OP, buh d update is short oooo

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by nijabazaar: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
As in eh, this update short

1 Like

Re: I Think I Love Him by EVarn(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2019
OP, please give us update o.....
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2019
School started for me again in February. St. Phillips high school. I didn't ask for this school. It was some kind of retribution from Dad. They had stricter rules and regulations and I was supposed to be molded into this responsible prudent man.

I could have screamed 'no' on the first day of school. The principal with her large glasses etched on her broad nose looked at me like some damned tied to the stake.

"Don't worry Sir, I will personally watch over him..."

She seemed like the arch angel with evil wings. If I could jump out of the window and run without stopping, I will be out of here, not having to be looked like a felon.

"Be at your best behaviour Jerry, you know how hard it was getting you accepted here."

Dad gave me same sinister stare and slammed the door of his car. A tear stood in my left eye as he plunged the key into the ignition and was about driving out of this ridiculously mighty gate.

"Pa?" I lisped and he turned to me with an impatient frown etched on his face.

"What?"

I swallowed a lumpy saliva and tears rolled from my left eye.

"I don't want to be here Pa."

"What did you say?" His impatience became laced with anger and I drifted backwards.

"Look around you Jerry..."

I looked around. Boys on the field running a sprinting ball over.

"It's just boys Pa..."

"Correct. It's just boys..."

I was assigned Block H at the close of school. Some boys helped me with my bags. They seemed nice and I was to feel at home with ease. But how can I feel at home here - in this dungeon.

"Why are you resuming late?" One asked me, same nice smile in his eyes. He looked older than ten but his toothless mouth was saying the opposite.

"I don't know..." That was all I replied and his smile disappeared. Maybe I should have told him the real reason.

"Because no school would accept an expelled boy except St. Phillips..."

When we got to block H, all of them rounded my bags at the entrance, leaving me with the burden of my bags.

"See you around..." The toothless boy called out excitedly as they all disappeared into the block.

What now?

I gathered my bags and pondered how I could carry all my bags at once.

"Need help?" A voice rose behind me and I turned to meet the most beautiful pair of eyes I have seen in my life. Auburn with a touch of silver.

"Yes..." I mouthed still lost in his mesmeric gaze.
Re: I Think I Love Him by dagoldenboi001: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2019
SORRY GUYZ FOR NOT UPDATING ALL THIS WHILE. HAD ISSUES WITH MY PHONE. BUT I AM BACK NOW AND WOULD ENDEAVOR TO POST AT LEAST EVERYDAY.

ALSO I WOULD TRY AND MAKE THE POST LONGER. JUST BEAR WITH ME. CHEERS.
Re: I Think I Love Him by Amarita(f): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nawa ooo...naso this story take end?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. / Want To Turn Ur Novel Into A Comic Book/graphic Novel? / "There And Back On Time" A Nairalander's Novel Out On Paperback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.