Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet (6304 Views)

Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? / The Prophet Of Islam (S. A. W) Did Not Marry A 9 Year Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by najib632(m): 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
true2god:
You tried. Islam is a religion that thrive on migration and refugees. Do you know how Islamic calendar is dated? It is after Hijrah (AH). The first modern refugees were muslims when they went on first Hijra to Ethiopia. The second Hijra, migration, refugee was when the prophet left mecca for Medina. Was it the Americans that created the first and second Islamic migration crisis during the time of the prophet? Take responsibility for your actions as a matured man.
This is the last time I am replying you.
What was the cause of the Muslims migration to Ethiopia and Medina? Oppression, and after they were were no longer oppressed, the Muslims went back to Medina, and let me also tell you incase you don't knoq it was the people of Medina who asked him to come and stay with them, because they've been expecting him for centuries. When everything became normal, can you tell me any major Muslim migration for more than 1400 years? Also let me correct you, the first people to perform a major exodus where the Israelites which was lead by prophet Musa A.S. that's why it's Musa A.S. that's similar Muhammad S.A.W and not Isa A.S.

true2god:
You will agree with me that the meccans questioned the sanity of the prophet and Aisha also confirmed his mental state at a time. I believe the meccans, who are eye-witnesses will have a better testimony to this fact than both of us.
No I have a better opinion than you, because I have read my beloved's S.A.W biography, how can a Mad man be accepted by the Medina and they didn't find any madness in him except the people that were against him and insisted on Idolatrt? I guess the people of Medina are all mad?

true2god:

You also agreed that the prophet commanded that any opposition to his invasion of mecca should be crushed and not wiped out as I stated initially. In military term, wipe-out can also be used as crushed.
No sir, wipe out means to obliterate, while crush means to weaken or reduce in might. Please use your dictionary properly.

true2god:

I heard you say most rabbi accepted his prophet-hood. I don't agree to this.
I don't care if you do it's documented in history.

true2god:

The Christians and Jews were banished from the arabia (you wil agree with me that the Jews and Christians were in Arabia before Islam) while the polytheist were either killed or forced to convert and pay the zakat. You were proud they were expelled to preserve the divine message
Islam doesn't force anyone to become a Muslim, because if you become a Muslim by force you will surely conspire against the Muslims when you have the opportunity. 92% of the pagans in Arabia became Muslims, before the death of prophet Muhammad S.A.W and Christians and Jews continued, Living in Arabia until the time of the second Khalifa (successor) Umar ibn khattab R.A. whom under his leadership in 7 years crushed the Persian and Byzantine empire with the great general Khalid ibn Walid, after capturing Egypt, Iraq and Sham(greater syria) the Muslims didn't force anyone to convert, the Christians themselves saw the way the Muslims acted just to them and they treated them better than the Romans did, so they started accepting Islam themselves. Also during the time of Abubakar R.A. the first khalifah to the messenger of Allah, there were still Christians and Jews even though a Jewish woman poisoned the messenger of Allah S.A.W, the messenger of Allah S.A.W did not prosecute her or send the Jews away. And as I had told you before it was only in the Arabian peninsula they were not allowed to live. The jizya tax you talk of is lesser taxed and insignificant to the tax that Zoroastrians and Christians payed to the Persian and Byzantine empires respectively. The humbleness of the Muslims, honesty and peity was what had the most effect on the people.

true2god:

what if the Americans decided to expel all muslims from the US to preserve secular democracy which is 100% against the Islamic value system? Hope you will praise the Americans as well. This is because many Muslims organizations such as CAIR, the Muslim brotherhood, Muslim student society, etc run agenda contrary to the US democracy and secular government. Hope you will be happy.
Honestly I wouldn't be happy, but this will not favour the U.S. politically because Saudi Arabia literally permit me to say has them by the balls and they also need support of the Muslims and the Arab world to trade(I hope you know that the Arabs spend more money than anybody else in the earth) and sanction Iran, so they'll be at loss. And mind you always remember, they can live anywhere else except Arabia.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by olayinkadavid70(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
true2god:
You tried. Islam is a religion that thrive on migration and refugees. Do you know how Islamic calendar is dated? It is after Hijrah (AH). The first modern refugees were muslims when they went on first Hijra to Ethiopia. The second Hijra, migration, refugee was when the prophet left mecca for Medina. Was it the Americans that created the first and second Islamic migration crisis during the time of the prophet? Take responsibility for your actions as a matured man.

You will agree with me that the meccans questioned the sanity of the prophet and Aisha also confirmed his mental state at a time. I believe the meccans, who are eye-witnesses will have a better testimony to this fact than both of us.

You also agreed that the prophet commanded that any opposition to his invasion of mecca should be crushed and not wiped out as I stated initially. In military term, wipe-out can also be used as crushed.

I heard you say most rabbi accepted his prophet-hood. I don't agree to this. The Christians and Jews were banished from the arabia (you wil agree with me that the Jews and Christians were in Arabia before Islam) while the polytheist were either killed or forced to convert and pay the zakat. You were proud they were expelled to preserve the divine message, what if the Americans decided to expel all muslims from the US to preserve secular democracy which is 100% against the Islamic value system? Hope you will praise the Americans as well. This is because many Muslims organizations such as CAIR, the Muslim brotherhood, Muslim student society, etc run agenda contrary to the US democracy and secular government. Hope you will be happy.
Thank u very much for the answer u gave Him/her, now if US decides to expel all Muslims has u have posted about out from America, won't Muslims be shouting islamaphobe, u see, Have never seen a Demonic religion like Islam before, when they expel christians and jews from their country, they are satisfied with it, but when christians expel them, they see it as an offense and a crime against them. truly Islam is evil.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 3:10am On Aug 08, 2019
funny thread grin cheesy

I heard "contact that miskeen at your own peril" grin

I also heard "grow up kid" cheesy

I personally do not believe nabi muhammad was affected by magic in anyway or form. If magic was placed on nabi muhammad (saw) was the reason for revelation of surat Falaq and Nas, could Allah not revealed these surat without reference or incident to the prophet?. We have several other evidences in the Quran pointed to the fact that righteous servants could not be affected or touched by such evil needless to say prophet of God. However, the story of bewitchment or magic is only acceptable to me on the condition that Allah willed it to happen. No more story. But to conjure stories that Nabi muhammad did not know what he was doing to the point that he could remember this and that is blasphemy as recorded in the hadith. I am not part of that. This is the very reason I reject the hadith in question. This has nothing to do with shia or sunni or this and that. This is simply a matter of concern. Hadith can never sit in judgment over Quran. Therefore Quran says nabi could not be overpowered by magic and the likes. So definitely, there is some sort of hanky panky to the story narrated int he hadith.

Do not give room to non-muslims to mock the holy prophet. The story in the hadith is questionable. Don't just believe it just because it is in Sahih hadith or graded sahih. @true2god, you should know by now that you have no case against nabi Muhammad(saw). If you think you can make fun of him, I am just wondering how the heck in the world human beings lasan lasan overpowered your God almighty, spat on him, nailed him and ultimately killed him. This is very much humiliating compared to so called magic story. At least nabi muhammad is not God. but your God which should be all powerful and all wise was overpowered by his own creations. Why type of fvkery is that
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by true2god: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Empiree:
funny thread grin cheesy

I personally do not believe nabi muhammad was affected by magic in anyway or form. If magic was placed on nabi muhammad (saw) was the reason for revelation of surat Falaq and Nas, could Allah not revealed these surat without reference or incident to the prophet?. We have several other evidences in the Quran pointed to the fact that righteous servants could not be affected or touched by such evil needless to say prophet of God. However, the story of bewitchment or magic is only acceptable to me on the condition that Allah willed it to happen. No more story. But to conjure stories that Nabi muhammad did not know what he was doing to the point that he could remember this and that is blasphemy as recorded in the hadith. I am not part of that. This is the very reason I reject the hadith in question. This has nothing to do with shia or sunni or this and that. This is simply a matter of concern. Hadith can never sit in judgment over Quran. Therefore Quran says nabi could not be overpowered by magic and the likes. So definitely, there is some sort of hanky panky to the story narrated int he hadith.
You may not like to hear that your lovely prophet was affected by black magic but that is the truth. The people that lived with him, like Aisha, said he was afflicted with black magic, both in sahih Bukhari and sahih muslim, and you are here arguing unnecessarily. Even sirah rasool allah confirmed that he was also afflicted with jinn of foul spirit, during his childhood but you are here arguing and denying the testimonies of the sahabas. Do you know more than mohammed's companions and his wife Aisha?

Empiree:
Do not give room to non-muslims to mock the holy prophet. The story in the hadith is questionable. Don't just believe it just because it is in Sahih hadith or graded sahih. @true2god, you should know by now that you have no case against nabi Muhammad(saw). If you think you can make fun of him, I am just wondering how the heck in the world human beings lasan lasan overpowered your God almighty, spat on him, nailed him and ultimately killed him. This is very much humiliating compared to so called magic story. At least nabi muhammad is not God. but your God which should be all powerful and all wise was overpowered by his own creations. Why type of fvkery is that
Don't accuse me falsely; all my points are from the hadith and I didnt compile or write the hadith, nor did any Nigerian did. If you find any issue about your prophet very embarrassing and disturbing, open your mind and see the truth. Your attempt at writing off the narrations in the hadith concerning the mental state of your prophet is dead on arrival; it is no longer a secret that your prophet had a mental issue during his lifetime. Accept this simple fact and move on.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
true2god:
You may not like to hear that your lovely prophet was affected by black magic but that is the truth. The people that lived with him, like Aisha, said he was afflicted with black magic, both in sahih Bukhari and sahih muslim, and you are here arguing unnecessarily. Even sirah rasool allah confirmed that he was also afflicted with jinn of foul spirit, during his childhood but you are here arguing and denying the testimonies of the sahabas. Do you know more than mohammed's companions and his wife Aisha?
are those revelation?.

Don't accuse me falsely; all my points are from the hadith and I didnt compile or write the hadith, nor did any Nigerian did. If you find any issue about your prophet very embarrassing and disturbing, open your mind and see the truth. Your attempt at writing off the narrations in the hadith concerning the mental state of your prophet is dead on arrival; it is no longer a secret that your prophet had a mental issue during his lifetime. Accept this simple fact and move on.
sorry bro, I don't believe in hearsays. From Quran point of view about magic story is questionable. From our point of view Allah can test any of His servants and this doesn't in any way amounts to deficiencies on the part of His servant. Nabi Ayyub (as) was afflicted with sickness for 7 yrs. It was Allah who caused his sicknesses and it was Him was removed them. It was His test and trial time.

Did Ayyub(Job), a while prophet not have remedy to remove what befell him?. He knew it was trial from his Lord and he accepted his fate. So where exactly are you driving at
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by true2god: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Empiree:
are those revelation?.
They are the deeds and actions of your prophet which make up the sunnah. The sayings and actions of your prophet are considered a standard for all Muslims to follow and you cannot discount the hadith because it was narrated that your prophet was mentally unstable at a point in time. This should be a cause for concern instead of this denial and deflections.

Empiree:
sorry bro, I don't believe in hearsays. From Quran point of view about magic story is questionable. From our point of view Allah can test any of His servants and this doesn't in any way amounts to deficiencies on the part of His servant. Nabi Ayyub (as) was afflicted with sickness for 7 yrs. It was Allah who caused his sicknesses and it was Him was removed them. It was His test and trial time.

Did Ayyub(Job), a while prophet not have remedy to remove what befell him?. He knew it was trial from his Lord and he accepted his fate. So where exactly are you driving at
The hadith is all about hearsays and gossips that are hard to authenticate and this is the foundation of modern Islam. Without these hadith, or hearsays by a 'so so' companion quoting another 'so so' companion, Islam has no doctrine to stand on. You have to accept this reality and move on, this is ISLAM 101.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
true2god:
They are the deeds and actions of your prophet which make up the sunnah. The sayings and actions of your prophet are considered a standard for all Muslims to follow and you cannot discount the hadith because it was narrated that your prophet was mentally unstable at a point in time. This should be a cause for concern instead of this denial and deflections.
I just told you that your tricks don't work. find something else to say.

The hadith is all about hearsays and gossips that are hard to authenticate and this is the foundation of modern Islam. Without these hadith, or hearsays by a 'so so' companion quoting another 'so so' companion, Islam has no doctrine to stand on. You have to accept this reality and move on, this is ISLAM 101.
no, we talking about questionable Ahadith that disregards Quran
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by true2god: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Empiree:
I just told you that your tricks don't work. find something else to say.
Which trick are you talking about? It seems you have fully lost confidence in your hadith. If you disregard the hadith you devalue islam.

Empiree:
no, we talking about questionable Ahadith that disregards Quran
Questionable hadith is subjective. To some it is authentic, while to others they are fabricated. It depends on the camp you follow.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
true2god:
Which trick are you talking about? It seems you have fully lost confidence in your hadith. If you disregard the hadith you devalue islam.

Questionable hadith is subjective. To some it is authentic, while to others they are fabricated. It depends on the camp you follow.
no, don't rope me into something else. I believe in Hadith but I just don't believe everything therein is valid. There is nothing like magic casted on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing. This is blasphemy that needs to be removed. This is why I don't really blame you. It is just one of the many hearsays and corruptions added. No prophet of God was inflicted with magic to the point of not knowing what they were doing. This allegation amounts to massive vote of no confidence in God. Therefore, I dismiss this nonesense.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by true2god: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Empiree:
no, don't rope me into something else. I believe in Hadith but I just don't believe everything therein is valid. There is nothing like magic casted on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing. This is blasphemy that needs to be removed. This is why I don't really blame you. It is just one of the many hearsays and corruptions added. No prophet of God was inflicted with magic to the point of not knowing what they were doing. This allegation amounts to massive vote of no confidence in God. Therefore, I dismiss this nonesense.
What scholarship and authority do you have in Islamic theology to determine which hadith should be dismissed and which is to be accepted? You are not a scholar and have no authority in Islam. What about the Sirah that said your prophet was tormented with evil jinn during his childhood? Demonic oppression had been associated with your prophet from childhood to adulthood:

Narrated 'Aisha:
that Allah's Apostle was affected by magic, so much that he used to think that he had done something which in fact, he did not do, and he invoked his Lord (for a remedy) ...
Narrated Hisham's father: 'Aisha said, "Allah's Apostle was bewitched, so he invoked Allah REPEATEDLY requesting Him to cure him from that magic)." Hisham then narrated the above narration. (See Hadith No. 658, Vol. 7) (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 400).

Mohammed's childhood according to seerah rasool allah (by ibn Ishaq page 71-72):
"Some months after our return he and his brother were with our lambs behind the tents when his brother came running and said to us, ‘Two men clothed in white have seized that Qurayshi brother of mine and thrown him down and opened up his belly, and are stirring him up.’ We ran towards him and found him standing up with a livid face. We took hold of him and asked him what was the matter. He said, ‘Two men with white raiment came and threw me down and opened up my belly and searched therein for I know not what,’ so we took him back to our tent.
His father said to me, ‘I am afraid that this child has had a stroke, so take him back to his family before the result appears.’ So we picked him up and took him to his mother who asked why we had brought him when I had been anxious for his welfare and desirous of keeping him with me. I said to her, ‘God has let my son live so far and I have done my duty. I am afraid that ill will befall him, so I have brought him back to you as you wished.’ She asked me what happened and gave me no peace until I told her. When she asked if I feared a demon possessed him, I replied THAT I DID. She answered that no demon had any power over her son who had a great future before him, and then she told me how when she was pregnant with him a light went out from her which illumined the castles of Busra and Syria, …"

So Mohammed's encounter with demonic entities, including the false angel jibril is not new. His wife and waraqa only mistook the demon for an angel, at the cave of Hirah.

1 Like

Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2019
As i said before, I don't blame you because you have ulterior motives. It is not your fault. So for saying I don't have scholarship, how relevant is that when some statement in Hadith are blasphemy and you want to impose that on me just because I don't have the scholarship?. Who told you that scholars don't make mistakes?. And who told you that all Islamic scholars accept this Hadith even if it is in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim?.

A Hadith in Sahih Bukhari with sounds chain narration is only authentic through its isnad but doesn't mean it is true. Now here is verse of Qur'an that refuted this Hadith that magic was placed on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing.

So when you recite the Qur'an, [first] seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the expelled [from His mercy. Indeed, there is for him (Satan) no authority over those who have believed and rely upon their Lord. Sura 16 vs 98-99

No amounts of scholarship can refute this ayat of Quran. No amounts of Hadith can sit in judgement over these ayat of Qur'an. This is true scholarship. You will reject this Ayah and rely on the Hadith because it suit your motives. Again I don't blame you because your quoted our secondary source.

So again, no scholars can refute these ayat I just quoted. If the Ayah says average righteous Muslims can not be overpowered by Satan or devil, how could Satan or devil had power over the greatest of all creations, Nabi Muhammad (saw)?. Think buddy, think. Sometimes our scholars stop thinking and accept everything in the Hadith because it is inside Sahih Bukhari. So Satan is devil and devil works alongside magic. So no way do I believe that magic was used on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing. This statement is Haram and blasphemy. It casts massive vote of no confidence in Allah who sent His prophet Muhammad (saw). Now it may be true that evil people used magic or tried to harm the prophet. I don't have problem with this. But my position is magic didn't work on him at all.

And finally, another evidence to prove that the Hadith about magic on the prophet is false for saying he didn't know whether he did something or not is this verse of the Quran

O Messenger (Muhammad SAW)! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allah will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allah guides not the people who disbelieve.

See clearly this Ayah says God protected Nabi Muhammad from mankind i:e evil people needless to say devil. And nabi Muhammad (saw) delivered the message. So this Hadith is false. You can go ahead and still believe it. That's your problem not mine. So if we are to use the Hadith at all it is only for educational purposes not aqeeda (belief). Educational purposes in the sense of relying on Allaah to ward off evil. That's not. Notting more.

true2god:
What scholarship and authority do you have in Islamic theology to determine which hadith should be dismissed and which is to be accepted? You are not a scholar and have no authority in Islam. What about the Sirah that said your prophet was tormented with evil jinn during his childhood? Demonic oppression had been associated with your prophet from childhood to adulthood:

Narrated 'Aisha:
that Allah's Apostle was affected by magic, so much that he used to think that he had done something which in fact, he did not do, and he invoked his Lord (for a remedy) ...
Narrated Hisham's father: 'Aisha said, "Allah's Apostle was bewitched, so he invoked Allah REPEATEDLY requesting Him to cure him from that magic)." Hisham then narrated the above narration. (See Hadith No. 658, Vol. 7) (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 400).

Mohammed's childhood according to seerah rasool allah (by ibn Ishaq page 71-72):
"Some months after our return he and his brother were with our lambs behind the tents when his brother came running and said to us, ‘Two men clothed in white have seized that Qurayshi brother of mine and thrown him down and opened up his belly, and are stirring him up.’ We ran towards him and found him standing up with a livid face. We took hold of him and asked him what was the matter. He said, ‘Two men with white raiment came and threw me down and opened up my belly and searched therein for I know not what,’ so we took him back to our tent.
His father said to me, ‘I am afraid that this child has had a stroke, so take him back to his family before the result appears.’ So we picked him up and took him to his mother who asked why we had brought him when I had been anxious for his welfare and desirous of keeping him with me. I said to her, ‘God has let my son live so far and I have done my duty. I am afraid that ill will befall him, so I have brought him back to you as you wished.’ She asked me what happened and gave me no peace until I told her. When she asked if I feared a demon possessed him, I replied THAT I DID. She answered that no demon had any power over her son who had a great future before him, and then she told me how when she was pregnant with him a light went out from her which illumined the castles of Busra and Syria, …"

So Mohammed's encounter with demonic entities, including the false angel jibril is not new. His wife and waraqa only mistook the demon for an angel, at the cave of Hirah.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by true2god: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
Empiree:
As i said before, I don't blame you because you have ulterior motives. It is not your fault. So for saying I don't have scholarship, how relevant is that when some statement in Hadith are blasphemy and you want to impose that on me just because I don't have the scholarship?. Who told you that scholars don't make mistakes?. And who told you that all Islamic scholars accept this Hadith even if it is in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim?.
Almost all the Islamic scholars I have engaged accept the hadith as sahih, except you (who is never an Islamic scholar). You are only appealing to emotion as far as this issue is concerned. What will Imam Bukhari or Imam muslim gain by writing an hadith which revealed Mohammed as someone having a mental issue? If you go to youtube, there are many video where many scholars explain these scenario; some were honest with it. Your emotional appeal will never change what had been documented about your prophet for over 1300 years.

Empiree:
A Hadith in Sahih Bukhari with sounds chain narration is only authentic through its isnad but doesn't mean it is true. Now here is verse of Qur'an that refuted this Hadith that magic was placed on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing.
You are contradicting yourself. One time you claim an hadith is sahih if there are multiple chains of narrations, the condition which the hadith on the mental state of your prophet fulfilled. You cannot be using the 'bait and switch' strategy anytime you see what you don't like in the hadith. You gotta set a standard or reject all the hadith narration completely.

Empiree:
So when you recite the Qur'an, [first] seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the expelled [from His mercy. Indeed, there is for him (Satan) no authority over those who have believed and rely upon their Lord. Sura 16 vs 98-99
This instruction is for the sahabas while they are reciting the quran because the prophet of islam believed that satan has no power over believers (the companions inclusive). However this does not, in anyway, refute the fact that Mohammed suffered mental illness at a time. If you go through the seerah by ibn ishaq, similar issue was recorded on the mental state of your prophet. Ibn Ishaq (an arab man), Imam Bukhari (from uzbekistan) and Imam Muslim (am arab man) cannot all be wrong while your are right (a yoruba man).

Empiree:
No amounts of scholarship can refute this ayat of Quran. No amounts of Hadith can sit in judgement over these ayat of Qur'an. This is true scholarship. You will reject this Ayah and rely on the Hadith because it suit your motives. Again I don't blame you because your quoted our secondary source.

So again, no scholars can refute these ayat I just quoted. If the Ayah says average righteous Muslims can not be overpowered by Satan or devil, how could Satan or devil had power over the greatest of all creations, Nabi Muhammad (saw)?. Think buddy, think. Sometimes our scholars stop thinking and accept everything in the Hadith because it is inside Sahih Bukhari. So Satan is devil and devil works alongside magic. So no way do I believe that magic was used on the prophet to the point of not knowing what he was doing. This statement is Haram and blasphemy. It casts massive vote of no confidence in Allah who sent His prophet Muhammad (saw). Now it may be true that evil people used magic or tried to harm the prophet. I don't have problem with this. But my position is magic didn't work on him at all.
Your position is your personal opinion that fully contradicted your hadith and old Islamic traditions. Seek knowledge from your scholars and stop arguing over what you cannot logically defend. This incident concerning your power was written black and white in almost all your Islamic traditions.

Empiree:
And finally, another evidence to prove that the Hadith about magic on the prophet is false for saying he didn't know whether he did something or not is this verse of the Quran

O Messenger (Muhammad SAW)! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allah will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allah guides not the people who disbelieve.

See clearly this Ayah says God protected Nabi Muhammad from mankind i:e evil people needless to say devil. And nabi Muhammad (saw) delivered the message. So this Hadith is false. You can go ahead and still believe it. That's your problem not mine. So if we are to use the Hadith at all it is only for educational purposes not aqeeda (belief). Educational purposes in the sense of relying on Allaah to ward off evil. That's not. Notting more.
The hadith is not for educational but for theological purpose. It is always heartbreaking to learn an unacceptable truth concerning a man you hold in high esteem from childhood. However no matter the academic gymnastic you want to employ, the truth remains your prophet was noticed to be behave strangely by his wife and his companion.
Re: Discussion Of The Bewitchment Of The Prophet by Empiree: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
true2god:
Almost all the Islamic scholars I have engaged accept the hadith as sahih,
you engaged Islamic scholars grin

except you (who is never an Islamic scholar). You are only appealing to emotion as far as this issue is concerned.
so verses of Qur'an I posted and explained are based on emotions?. Try again

What will Imam Bukhari or Imam muslim gain by writing an hadith which revealed Mohammed as someone having a mental issue?
who told you Imam Bukhari and Muslim wrote their Sahih books?. See how you messed up?. Bro, they didn't write those books. Do more research. They only collected some ahadith

If you go to youtube, there are many video where many scholars explain these scenario; some were honest with it. Your emotional appeal will never change what had been documented about your prophet for over 1300 years.
their opinions and views. Not mine. There are more scholars who rejected the Hadith. I shouldn't have to engage you on this since Quran already did justice to it. Accept the Qur'an or leave it.

You are contradicting yourself. One time you claim an hadith is sahih if there are multiple chains of narrations, the condition which the hadith on the mental state of your prophet fulfilled. You cannot be using the 'bait and switch' strategy anytime you see what you don't like in the hadith. You gotta set a standard or reject all the hadith narration completely.
you may never understand. There are ahadith like that with valid chains of narrations that are false. Example of that is Hadith that claims there used to be verse Rajam in the Qur'an. It is in Sahih and graded authentic but in reality it is false. No traces to prophet himself just like this one. Methodology used to muhaddithin is chains and trustworthiness of narrators which does not in any way guarantee authenticity of the actual text. Matn can be faulty.

This instruction is for the sahabas while they are reciting the quran because the prophet of islam believed that satan has no power over believers (the companions inclusive). However this does not, in anyway, refute the fact that Mohammed suffered mental illness at a time. If you go through the seerah by ibn ishaq, similar issue was recorded on the mental state of your prophet. Ibn Ishaq (an arab man), Imam Bukhari (from uzbekistan) and Imam Muslim (am arab man) cannot all be wrong while your are right (a yoruba man).
I didn't know you are a typical olodo. Let me for the same of this 'debate' agree the verse is talking about sahaba etc, are sahaba more righteous and more reliance on God than the prophet?. Guy, think.

Besides, the second verse I quoted perfectly refuted this trash.

Your position is your personal opinion that fully contradicted your hadith and old Islamic traditions. Seek knowledge from your scholars and stop arguing over what you cannot logically defend. This incident concerning your power was written black and white in almost all your Islamic traditions.
I quoted Quran which is the primary source that no scholars of Islam can debate and you are here telling me I contradicted the Hadith when I'm reality the Hadith contradicted Qur'an. Islamic standard of methodology is if Hadith is in conflict with Qur'an such Hadith is placed aside. Period. As I said before you have ulterior motive which is understandable.

The hadith is not for educational but for theological purpose. It is always heartbreaking to learn an unacceptable truth concerning a man you hold in high esteem from childhood. However no matter the academic gymnastic you want to employ, the truth remains your prophet was noticed to be behave strangely by his wife and his companion.
do you actually think I'm learning about this Hadith first time?. Absolutely not. I have heard about it since my childhood but I had no maturity and scholarship to challenge it them. Now that I have studied and grown it is imperative for me to think objectively about it.

Listen, there are scholars out there who rejected this Hadith. As for the hadith being used for educational purposes, you don't seem to get that. It means we turn to God to untie the knot plotted by the devil on us if it should ever happen.

I haven't even talked about your Bible how devil and magic made many people in your book miserable including your Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Useless Matters - By Ibn Al-qiyyam / O Allaah’s Messenger! Prices Have Gone Up, So Fix Prices For Us / Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.