Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia (19097 Views)

Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / BREAKING!!! Two Buses Conveying Jewish Worshippers To Eze Kanu's Burial Abducted / Police And Jewish Worshippers At Nnamdi Kanu's House Clash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by nigeriapenmedia: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2018

51 ‘Jewish worshippers’ as they staged a peaceful march along some major streets in Umuahia, Abia State, calling for a Jewish nation.The Police yesterday confirmed the arrest of 51 ‘Jewish worshippers’

State Police Public Relations Officer, Geoffrey Ogbonna, who confirmed the action, said those arrested with Biafra insignia included 10 females and 41 males,

They carried Biafra Insignia and Israeli flags during the march that took off from their praying location in the premises of leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

A convoy of four security patrol vans trailed them as they marched, leaving a distance of about 100 meters away.

Addressing journalists, one of the protesters who gave his name as Israel Ibe, said: “Our peaceful march was informed by the need to have a Jewish nation in Biafra land. We need to be allowed, as we are not free being with the Nigeria government.

“You cannot keep yam and goat together. Their culture and religion is not the same with ours. So, there is no need being together, as the time has expired for us to have our own country.”

He disclosed that the worshippers informed the police and some government agencies before the peaceful protest.

However, the Chief Imam of Abia State, Sheikh Ali Ukiwo, described the action as bad, untimely and uncalled for, adding that historically in Igbo land, December is the month of celebrations.

Reacting, IPOB asked the police in Umuahia, to release without further delay, the Jewish worshippers it arrested during the march for Biafra referendum and freedom.

The group threatened to notify Jewish community all over the world, particularly Jewish worshipers in Israel and other parts of the world about the arrest.

In a statement to The Guardian in Enugu yesterday, Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB alleged that the members were arrested at various locations in Umuahia, for merely exercising their fundamental rights.

The group cautioned the police and army to stop the humiliation and harassment of anybody identified with IPOB family worldwide, or face the consequences.

IPOB also urged the state police commissioner and governor, Okezie Ikpeazu to ensure the immediate release of the protesters who committed no crime.

Read more on link below...

News Source: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/police-arrest-51-as-jewish-worshippers-protest-in-abia/

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by gidgiddy: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2018
Arresting unarmed people for protesting. Later the same Nigerians will be decieving themselves that they have democracy

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by ct2: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2018
police leave this people, and go to the north east and face bokoharam

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by FindX(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2018
I need a second hand girlfriend... I am tired of being single.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by CilicMarin: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2018
Jail them straight

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2018
Who arrests PEACEFUL protesters

Who does that

While those terrorising Nigeria are granted freedom undecided

I mean who does that

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Ginaruby: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2018
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2018
thought something is called freedom of religion?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by yjgm(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2018
Unauthorized protest. Nice one by the men in black

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by JohnFrankling(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2018
What is their crime?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Neil0072009(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2018
CilicMarin:
Jail them straight
why?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Sirheny007(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2018
If we finally get Biafra,
Only God knows how many groups, Nations and beliefs will finally sprout out.

I never knew we have so many Jews in Abia State alone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by 34webers(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2018
The default setting already being activated since the malicious lies and mischief of jubrin from sudan is obviously going to fall flat exactly how certificate nonsense couldn't hold water in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2018
IPOB trap is working. This news is all over Israeli newspapers this morning. And bulletin sent to all synagogues. Israeli journalists flew in to monitor this and have the evidence.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2018
Biafra Will never come to light mark my word.

They should try and take up arms and see the might of the federal government this time total annihilation.

My family fought that war, we got two LT G in that war and I'm ready to finish all ipob miscreants this time.

Biafra Will never come to pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
[s]Biafra Will never come to light mark my word.

They should try and take up arms and see the might of the federal government this time total annihilation.

My family fought that war, we got two LT G in that war and I'm ready to finish all ipob miscreants this time.

Biafra Will never come to pass[/s]

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Starboytwo(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
Go..

Oya Watch how they start blaming yorubas...
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by maxiuc(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
angry
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Whobedatte(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
yjgm:
Unauthorized protest. Nice one by the men in black
You belong to the 15th century orientation
Dumbhead

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Jonadull: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
Prosecute and jail the bastards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2018
They should be charged to court and jailed immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by bush112(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
embarassed
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
Jonathan:

Juliusmalema:
[s]They should be charged to court and jailed immediately.[/s]

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by bettercreature(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
Jonathan:
They really want to be killed just to make foreign media to believe that Jewish people are being killed in Nigeria
These are not Jew they are Terrorist disguising as Jew

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by domino4211(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
angry

So of all the problems in Nigeria,Buhari,this is the most important?...
Alimal angry

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by sammyj: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
Which Jewish Worshipers if I may ask What i see is set of confused Igbo boys with Identity crisis shocked grin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by theoldpretender(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2018
FindX:
I need a second hand girlfriend... I am tired of been single.

Go out , meet people, talk to people.

Find a group, a church group, join, do some service.

Get friendly with the girls where you work. Talk with them about life, television, fashon, etc.

That is how two of my office co workers are getting closer to each other...soon I feel there will be an announcement grin

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by netpro(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
If you are embarking on a peaceful protest, get permit. It is the law of the land. Failure to do that is a bridge of law and order.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
[quote author=zurich1010 post=73772069][/quote]ode I'm an Urhobo man
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by bush112(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:
They should be charged to court and jailed immediately.
for what?
Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by wink2015(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
THE FEAR OF "RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA FEDERALISM" IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.

The core north is afraid of RESTRUCTURING let alone an Independent State of Biafra.

But I am wondering for how long will the north continue their antics?

Thank God! BOKO HARAM is already restructuring Northern Nigeria whether they like it or not!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia by Lordofthewest(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
All these wannabe aba jews sef just constituting a nuisance everywhere..why don't they just carry their foolishness to Israel and see if their flatheaded dumbasses won't be deported in 48 hours.

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Replies Jimi Agbaje's Accusations / Gbajabiamila, Nuhu Ribadu, Abike Dabiri-Erewa Visit Tinubu In Abuja / FAAC Shares ₦786 Billion To FG, States, LGs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.