Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Where's My Son? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where's My Son? (416 Views)

"My Son Is A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity"- Wole Soyinka. / Ridding On My Son's Lap ( Short Erotic Story 18+ ) / My Son My Man- A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where's My Son? by Mikkyhandy(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2018
Introduction? Well I don't have much to say than this is my first story on Nairaland...
Well about the story, it's a mixture of prose and drama...(don't mind me, I just like it that way)
So here we go...enjoy.
Re: Where's My Son? by Mikkyhandy(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2018
WHERE’S MY SON? {PART ONE}
{by Olorunfemi Famewo}
SCENE ONE
EXT – STATE HOUSE – DAY
The state house is busy here and there with people rushing to get the day’s job done. Lots of cars are everywhere, you want to know class, well, I bet you get. From Toyota to Bentley even Mercedes of different classes littered everywhere. Did I just use the word littered? Well, I don’t think any other word can qualify it more than that.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Media JEREMIAH ADEDOKUN {45} popularly called Jerry is coming out of a security meeting with stakeholders on security, in attendance himself is the governor HON. JEGEDE WILLIAMS {56}. He is carrying a briefcase and some files. He wore a suit with white shirt, one can see the flowing of sweat from under his suit, {I thought he’s coming from a meeting where the AC never turned off}
The press as usual rush towards Jerry just like a swamp of bees rush against their victims.
PRESS 1
What’s the governor take on the murder of the seven people killed in Ibaripa local government?
JERRY
Well, the governor has given his word, and he has directed the security operatives to step up their game and find solution to that…
PRESS 2
Has that not been his character ever since he came into office three years ago…
JERRY
Possibly you’re too keen on taking on the governor’s word and not his action…
PRESS 3
Who are the security personnel involved this time around as we all know…
JERRY
What? In fact, is that a question at all, the security personnel involved? I think those with relevant questions are not around today. Just note this, the Governor is on top of the matter
Jerry brushed past them as the security men block the press from moving further…

CUT TO

SCENE TWO {PART ONE}
INT – STATE HOUSE, JERRY’S OFFICE – DAY
Well the office looks less attractive compare to the power that Jerry wields in this administration. Don’t get me wrong, the room is superb, but to think that Jerry collected a sum of 55 million naira to furnish this office? One would think that the furnishings are made in heaven.
The wall is painted a light cream colour with drapes of the same colour with a touch of brown and silver, it is a spacious space maybe that’s why it gulped so much money to set up…{did I just repeat that again? Hope I’m not pained?} There are two big office tables in the office, I mean who does that, possibly it’s because he’s a special adviser to the governor on media. The second table is overflowing with letters and write-ups and books and…many that I can’t even categorize. He has like four different computer systems in the office {but why is it everything about Jerry is always more than necessary?} One laptop system is on his personal table {the one with less books}, two are on the other table while the fourth one is on the floor beside his chair {hmm, guess his chair sabi use that…}
Jerry comes into his office, drops the load in his hand on the busy table {hope you know the one I’m talking about} and takes a sit, he puts his head on the table… his phone rings, he did not bother looking at the phone, it looks like he’s in fight with the phone and he’s decided to let it ring to death…
The phone stops ringing only for it to start ringing again…
JERRY
{raise his head from the table with a grumbling, he picks the phone}
Oh…{he looks at the phone only to see the caller to be the first lady} Hello ma…sorry ma…What? As in what! Oh…I’m on my way right away…
He starts packing his briefcase as his girlfriend STELLA {26} comes in…{sorry I break it to you like that. Stella came into the state house for I.T., but it’s been over two years now that she’s been around now. Wait. I thought a university I.T. should not be more that 6 months and that of Polytechnic is one year? So, what is Stella still doing…huh ok}
STELLA
Baby, I’ve missed you so much…
She comes to hug, but it seems Jerry is not in mood as he pushes her aside, or is he angry Stella just called him a baby?
STELLA
What happened dear…
JERRY
{finish packing}
I’m not in mood for that. It still early, and have I not told you that you should stop all these romances whenever we’re at work?
STELLA
{with smiles}
Are you saying you don’t enjoy it…
She moved closer and planted a kiss on his mouth.
The two would have continued their forbidden game if not the phone that rings again…
JERRY
See, I got to be somewhere quick…
He pushes her away as he rushed out…

SCENE THREE {PART ONE}
EXT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE – DAY
The building is in the middle of a rural area with a tall fence. It is beautifully painted pink and white and it is a duplex with security building beside the gate. There’s another building which makes the third building in the compound. The whole structures are all painted white and pink. The ground is all covered with interlocking blocks, but there is not much space left.
A car hoot thrice from outside the gate, immediately, a guy comes out from the main house and runs to open the gate. Three more guys also come out, immediately the car {a Toyota sedan} comes in, the gate is shut, the car moves closer to the main house. One would have thought its destination is inside the building.
Two guys comes from the back of the car holding a young guy TIMILEYIN {14}, his eyes were covered with cloth. They hold him at both sides as they take him into the building.
As all these are going on, the guys are not saying anything, they are just using hands to communicate. Immediately they take Timi into the house, they all follow him in including the driver of the car.

SCENE FOUR {PART ONE}
INT – GOVERNMENT HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S OFFICE – DAY
The hallway leading to the Governor’s office is beautifully set with Chinese’ art and craft. If not the language, one would have mistakenly the place as one of the scene in either Jet Li or Jackie Chan’s movie.
There seems to be only one voice talking in the whole building and that is the Governor. Despite the fact that there are over twenty people in the building and about six in the main office with the governor, only the voice of Hon. Jegede is coming forth. One can easily deduced that something serious is going on with the way he was asking questions without waiting for an answer…
HON. JEGEDE
…what are you telling…noooo, keep shut I’m not asking you that. Who else said he saw him…no no no, this is not happening. But, where’s the commissioner of Police, is this man right in his senses at all…
One may have thought the voice of Jegede is what brings the commissioner from wherever he might have been, because Jegede is not yet finish his statement about him when he stumbles into the office with two police officers…
COMMISSIONER
This is me sir…
JEGEDE
No, I thought it is me. {he looks past the commissioner and focus on the two officers that came with their master, sorry I mean to say boss} and who are these?
COMMISSIONER
They’re with me sir, this one here is…
JEGEDE
It’s alright. Have you been told about what happened?
COMMISSIONER
Yes sir…
JEGEDE
So, where’s my son?
COMMISSIONER
My guys are on it, I’ll give you the update soon sir…
JEGEDE
Are you talking about these guys here with you? {pointing at the other two policemen} and of what essence is your coming if you do not have my son with you…
COMMISSIONER
You called for me sir…
JEGEDE
Are you saying it was wrong for me to called you…
COMMISSIONER
No sir, what I was trying…
JEGEDE
That’s enough, you may leave…
Jegede sits back in his chair in frustration…
Commissioner gently leaves, while others could say nothing…

SCENE FIVE {PART ONE}
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE – DAY
The room is huge and well decorated. If one is brought into the house sleeping, on waking up, he/she will think he/she is in heaven with the way it was set. From the floor up to the ceiling, one will easily deduced that truly it is tax payer’s money at work.
There’s a programme on the television about the recent kidnapping of the Governor’s son Timi…
In the sitting room is the Governor’s wife and Timi’s mother ELIZABETH {50}, she’s queenly seated if not the tears in her eyes, that destroy her whole posture, but what can we do, she just lost one of her son to the kidnappers, but how do they conclude that the son is kidnapped. I thought the police policy is that a person must be missing for twenty four hours before he/she can be declared missing and the time is just 3:00pm? And the boy was seen in the morning…sorry, I forgot that we’re talking about the governor’s son here…
The first lady is weeping like…{borrow me a statement} as Jerry comes in…
He’s yet to adjust his focal lenses to what was going on in the house when the first lady started pouring out question on him…
FIRST LADY
…where’s my son, where have you put my son, is this how you wanted to repay my husband for been good to you…
She rushes at him, if not for the intervention of those around, I’m sure she would have crushed Jerry just as a fist can crush Agege Bread…
JERRY
{seems like a dream to him}
Which of your son ma…
FIRST LADY
Can you see him, you are asking which of my son, no, you could have kidnapped the whole of my children… officer, arrest him…
JERRY
Arrest bawo…kini mo se…{what have I done}
FIRST LADY
You will know soon…
As Jerry is about to be taking away, another police officer comes into the living room and whispers something into the ear of his boss…
POLICE OFFICER
Sorry ma…
FIRST LADY
Sorry for yourself, can’t you arrest this idiot again?
POLICE OFFICER
I think there’s a mistake ma. This is not the Jerry…
FIRST LADY
You can’t all stop been a fool, infact your incompetency has no bound! Is there another Jerry here…
POLICE OFFICER
That’s what I’m trying to explain…
FIRST LADY
That what, can you just finish your statement once? I wonder what the hell you people are still doing, you’re all to have been scrapped because I don’t know your usefulness...are you just going to stand there and not say what you wanted to say…
POLICE OFFICER
I don’t want to cut you half way…
FIRST LADY
Will you shut up and say what you want to say…{everybody is now focusing on her, realizing that she’s making a fool of herself, she calm a bit} I’m listening
POLICE OFFICER
There’s this new driver that was just been attached as a driver to your son; that is the Jerry that took your child…
FIRST LADY
Can you see, can you see? When I said your incompetence has no bound, it seems I was saying too much, can you see yourself, can you?
POLICE OFFICER
Ma, that’s not our job, that’s the work of the DSS…
FIRST LADY
You’re trying to justify your foolishness abi, so now it is the duty of the DSS…continue…what are you still waiting for, get out of my sight…
The police officer nearly falls at the bark….sorry I mean to say shout of the First lady.
FIRST LADY
{talking to no one}
Get me one of the stupid DSS…
DSS MAN 1
We’re here ma…
FIRST LADY
So you’re here all this while and I was shouting at that stupid police man…why is Nigeria this way, why are these security agencies this way…GOD why am I even a Nigerian…
She burst into tear…

SCENE SIX {PART ONE}
EXT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE – NIGHT
The house is not fully lit, only the main house is having source of light, but the whole compound is dark…
Jubril {one of the kidnappers} comes into the compound with half smoked cigarette hanging in his mouth holding his phone with the left hand, he walks straight to the side of the fence as he takes a leak…
JUBRIL
…yes, I understand sir…we’re on top of the situation…okay sir…{drops the call and he’s trying to zip up when he notices a movement, he nearly jump over the fence…} Who’s that…
ALEX
Wetin dey fear you…
JUBRIL
What are you doing outside, I thought I asked everyone to stay indoor…
ALEX
Yea, but I need fresh air. Beside, there’s something I’ll like clarify.
JUBRIL
What’s that?
ALEX
When you told me about this operation, I was a bit skeptical, especially when you yourself said you didn’t know the target, hope now you know our hostage?
JUBRIL
Leave that one, you see; in two days to come we’ll be out of here as if we’ve never been here before…
ALEX
It’s hard to believe o…
The door opens as a man in his early thirties come out, face as hard as a wood…
MAN
And what are you guys still doing out there?
ALEX
What does that mean, you be my papa or wetin be yourself…
JUBRIL
That’s okay Alex, chill…
MAN
{rushes after Alex}
Are you talking to me…
JUBRIL
I said chill man, let’s not get on each other’s nerve…
MAN
I want the two of you inside now…

ALEX
Man, see me no be your piking o…
JUBRIL
It’s okay Alex. Sir, we’ll meet you inside.
MAN
Five minutes… {walks away}
ALEX
As I dey see this man, he must be a police, Jubril hope you no wetin you dey do…
ALEX
No problem Alex, let’s go inside…
The two continues talking as they enter the house…

SCENE SEVEN {PART ONE}
INT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE, SITTING ROOM – NIGHT
The sitting is well set with modern amenities, though there’s a large TV set on standby, the three guys inside the sitting room are just staring at the black screen {they may be watching it in their spirit sha, who knows…}. There are two rooms at one side to the right and two other rooms at the left.
As Jubril and Alex are coming in, they were met with six eyes…{don’t get it wrong, there are three guys in the sitting room remember?}
JUBRIL
Where’s our guy…
ONE GUY
Still crying?
JUBRIL
Ok. And where’s the other guy…
ONE GUY
He enter now, he say make you show face when you come in…
Jubril signals at Alex to follow him as he enters into one of the rooms.
SCENE EIGHT {PART ONE}
INT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE – NIGHT
The man JEREMIAH LAGBA {The driver Jerry 2} is putting some bottles of different sizes on the bed, one will think he just gave birth to a baby but the sight of a pistol at the head of the bed will make one confuse as to what’s going on…
The bottles are neatly placed on the bed with different kinds of labels…{maybe Jerry 2 is a pharmacist}. He is still placing his luggage on the bed when Jubril and Alex comes into the room, Jerry’s eyes changed on sighting Alex…
JERRY 2
What is he doing in this room?
JUBRIL
Chill my guy, he’s with me…
JERRY 2
Did you just ask me to chill? This operation must not go sideway or else we’re all dead…
ALEX
Dead as in dead…tell me you’re coding your word…
JERRY
Can you hear him? This guy is a…
ALEX
A what?
JUBRIL
Chill guys. I was told you wanted to see me…
JERRY
{still locks his eyes on Alex for some seconds}
Yea…{points to three bottles} these are his ration for tonight, ensure he baths with hot water after which you’ll give him…{points at another small bottle} this, he must then sleeps immediately after…
ALEX
Bros, since you know all these, why you no go give am yourself…
An hard look from Jerry shuts him up.
JERRY 2
Do you get that?
JUBRIL
Yes…you said these three bottles as his night ration and this one after taking bath…and that he should take his sleep immediately.
JERRY
No, the medicine will make him sleep…
JUBRIL
Okay…
Jubril takes the bottles and as they’re about turning back, Alex’s eyes catches the gun on the bed, Jerry could see that…
Instead of talking, Alex just swallow an unknown gulp lurking in his throat as the two leave…
Jerry takes a deep breath as he gently falls on the bed…

SCENE NINE {PART ONE}
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, BEDROOM – DAY
The room is cool and warm. The colour of the room is pacific blue and blue curtain decorated the walls. The bed is at the center with lights at the head of the bed and bedside lamp at the two side of the bed…{with the light in the room one will think the governor’s energy is from lights}
The floor is covered with rug also in the room is reading table and chair, though what’s on it are cosmetics and co, I wonder if they really bought it for that purpose…
Governor’s wife {Elizabeth} is sitting at the edge of the bed holding her son’s picture to her chest as she sobs quietly…
Jegede comes out of the restroom with his phone in his hand. He looks confused at the sight of his wife, he gently climbs the bed, as if his wife is down with the most deadly sickness ever, he gently packs himself to the far side of the bed…
ELIZABETH
{still sobbing}
Jegede, what are we going to do, what are we going to do…
JEGEDE
About what?
ELIZABETH
Is that question coming out of your mouth, or…
JEGEDE
That’s not what I mean, beside, the police and other security agencies are on top of the matter…
ELIZABETH
You can’t be serious. Have you forgotten so quick that you yourself told me that that’s the perfect excuse in your administration, have you?
JEGEDE
Dear, go to bed, everything is under control…
ELIZABETH
Another lies of your administration…
JEGEDE
Dear… {his phone rings and stops immediately}
ELIZABETH
When did you get this phone?
JEGEDE
Have you forgotten that I’m the governor? I need as many phones as possible…
ELIZABETH
Hmm hmm…
Jegede stands, grabbing the phones, he walks into the restroom…
Elizabeth continues sobbing…

SCENE TEN {PART ONE}
INT – GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, BEDROOM – NIGHT
The restroom is sparkling white. It contains both bathtub and a shower. A whole room of 12 by 12 can still be taking from the space that is at the center. The WC is at the far end {possibly fighting the showers}
Governor Jegede is sitting on the bathtub his back towards the door…
JEGEDE
…please ensure you take care of him…good good, hope he’s taken his medication tonight…that’s very thoughtful of you. I’ll talk to you in the morning…
Jegede drops the call, on looking back there stands his wife her face full of anger…
ELIZABETH
Jegede, where is my son…
JEGEDE
Let me explain…
ELIZABETH
Tell me now, or I will shout…
JEGEDE
I said I will tell you…
Re: Where's My Son? by Mikkyhandy(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2018
WHERE’S MY SON {PART TWO}
Written by: Olorunfemi Famewo
SCENE ONE
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, BEDROOM – NIGHT
Elizabeth is pacing to and fro, she’s not sure whether to sit or stand, whether to cry or to laugh, she’s just roaming about the room.
Jegede at the other hand is sitting at the edge of the bed, phone beside him, at one point he’s dozing…
ELIZABETH
{moves closer to tap her husband}
Dear, you’re sleeping…
JEGEDE
No I’m not…
ELIZABETH
Then when is the man coming?
JEGEDE
Take things easy he’ll…
There’s a knock on the door…
ELIZABETH
Come in…
A DSS officer comes in…
DSS
Sir, he’s around…
JEGEDE
Good…
He barely pronounced “good” as his wife flew past the DSS officer right into the hall…

SCENE TWO
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, SITTING ROOM – NIGHT
MR. IBIDAPO is inside the sitting room sitting comfortably, possibly he’s expecting a reward for the job well-done, who knows…
Elizabeth flew in…{don’t be confused about that, how I wish you can see her, as big as she is, Hussein Bolt can’t match her in racing with this spirit}, before Ibidapo could say “a”, she’s already holding him…
ELIZABETH
{shouting}
Where’ my son, where’s my son…tell me where’s my son…
The DSS guy and other 2 DSS officer are already there holding Elizabeth, but they could not prevail not until a voice roar from the hallway…
JEGEDE
Will you leave him…
Elizabeth wants to reply but the face she’s seeing looks more like that of Lion and Leopard combined. Like a vegetable placed inside the summer afternoon sun, she shriveled, leaving the man alone…
ELIZABETH
I was just trying to ask him where…
JEGEDE
That’s okay…{looks at the officers} You may go back to your post…
The officers scurried away…
JEGEDE
Ib, how’s my boy…
IBIDAPO
He’s very fine sir, he slept at around 9:33 pm sir…
JEGEDE
{facing his wife}
Is that enough…
ELIZABETH
When is my boy coming back…
IBIDAPO
He’s spending only three days ma’am…
JEGEDE
You may leave…
ELIZABETH
Can I go and see my son?
JEGEDE
Ib, you may go…
Ibidapo starts walking towards the door…
ELIZABETH
Please, can I atleast talk to him?
She sits sobbing…
Jegede looks at her and walks away…

SCENE THREE
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, BEDROOM – DAWN
The sun is rising gently at the horizon sparkling its orange colour through the lattice of the curtain shinning on the governor’s face.
Honorable Jegede rolled over on the bed, he’s so tired, but within few seconds his face beam with smiles, his plan is working. Really?
He looks beside him but his wife is not there. “Is she still crying or what? Is she after Ibidapo? Has she gone out looking for our son? Maybe she’s presently talking to the press? Within some seconds, a thousand thoughts had passed through Honorable’s mind. His face that is full of smile quickly turns to frown, knowing the kind of wife he married, he get up wearing only his pyjamas, he storms out of the room.
He walks down the lobby, at the end of which a DSS is standing on guard, Honorable thinking of asking about his wife from him suddenly changes his mind, not sure what the response will be… “Sir, your wife is meeting with the press” What, Oh no, he walks on…
He checked the sitting room, the lobbies the bedrooms. But Elizabeth is nowhere to be found…
A thought runs through his mind… “Oh no, she’s definitely in the bathroom.” With that thought, he runs back into the bedroom and give the bathroom door an assuring knock. No response, the second knock…
JEGEDE
Hello dear, are you there?
There’s no response, then with a mild trembling, he opens the door into the bathroom, well, his wife is not there, atleast she can’t be hiding behind the WC because that’s the only place not visible in the whole area…
The thought of been betrayed played its part in the legs of Jegede as he almost falls, but bracing himself up he sits on the side of the bathtub…
JEGEDE
What have I gotten myself into, because of been reelected, I played a dangerous game with one of my own children, telling the world that he’s been kidnapped, so as to gather pity vote…how did this even enter my mind. Now my dear is out there ruining all that I’ve labored for, who else can do that if not her?
Jegede stands and walks into the shower, who knows that will release the tension building up within him…

SCENE FOUR
INT – JEREMIAH ADEDOKUN’S HOUSE, STUDY ROOM – DAWN
The study room is not too large, an eight by eight feet size of a room. Three of the four sides walls are covered with books shelves. Guess what, they’re all filled with books and even overflowing…
Just like the office, Jerry’s study room is also unkept…maybe I should use the word littered…every space is occupied with all kind of books.
There’s only one office chair and table in the study, except the computer and books with the chair and table, there’s nothing more in the study.
Instead of Jerry to be working on the computer, it’s the computer that’s working him, you’re thinking what do I mean; his head is on the table taking some quality time with Mr. Nature. He’s been working all through the night and now the energy is gone…
His phone’s alarm rings, it’s fifteen minutes past six. With great effort, Jerry manage to straighten up, he looks at the screen of the computer, one may possibly think he’s staring at some kind of ghost as his eyes try to adjust to the reflection. He breaths in and out, take the last content of a flask beside him as he walks out of the study room…
He walks into the bedroom…
The room is large and cozy, it’s everything other than Jerry’s office and study room. Large and neat, everything is sparkling clean.
Coming into the room to your left are two doors, one is the bathroom and the other is the study room. The floor is covered with rug; a big teddy bear is at the head of the bed to the right. A small but beautiful make-up table with stand-up glass is also to the right after the teddy bear. Beside the entrance door to the right are three wedding portraits of Jerry and his wife.
Jerry comes in dragging his feet out of dizziness, he sees his wife SARAH {26} coming in with white stuff on her face…yea you may be thinking is the lady too young for Jerry? Well, she’s the third wife, and possibly not the last wife…
The two of them just stand fixed possibly contemplating if the other person is a ghost.
SARAH
Good morning…
JERRY
Morning…
Jerry tries to open the bathroom door…
SARAH
I’ve slept when you came in yesterday, so how’s governor’s son, has he be found…
JERRY
No…
SARAH
So who took him…
JERRY
{he walks into the bathroom}
We don’t know…
SARAH
{stands at the bathroom doorway}
Where did you think they’ve taken him?
JERRY
If I know he would be back with his parents by now…{opens the shower}
SARAH
Eeyah…too bad. Are you sure he will be okay?
JERRY
{shouts}
What’s your stress woman? Why do you want to take my life with question that’s beyond my power…why?
SARAH
{acting like a baby and cleaning an unknown tears}
I’m sorry, I just want to know, beside the boy is so small…do you think he’s still within the state, or he’s been taking…{she could not finish her statement seeing the anger in the eyes of Jerry}
After a while, Jerry steps out of the shower, cleaning himself, he enters the room and Sarah helps him with cloth…after dressing, Jerry enters the study room to sort his loads that he’ll be taking to the office while Sarah is standing at the door entrance…
As Jerry is struggling to put his laptop into its bag…
SARAH
Do you think those kidnappers will really take good care of the boy…
Just as Jerry wants to say something, the laptop falls…
JERRY
{shouts}
Leave me witch…leave me!

CUT TO

SCENE FIVE
INT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE, TIMI’S ROOM – DAWN
The room is painted pink; a small size bed is in the middle of it….different kind of toys are all around.
Timi is sleeping with drapes covering him, he’s having a nightmare struggling…
Alex comes in and holds him down before h’lle falls off the bed…
Timi wakes up breathing hard with sweat all over him…
ALEX
It’s alright, it’s just a nightmare…
TIMI
I want to go home…
ALEX
You will, just take a breath…it’s alright…
Timi bursts into tears, singing “I want to go home” in a sonorous tone…
Alex not sure of what to do takes courage to hold him to his chest in other to console him…
After parting him a few times, Timi falls back to sleep, Alex takes a deep breath as he walks out into the sitting room, there stand Jubril, Jerry 2 and one of the other three is sitting on a chair…
JERRY 2
So how did it go?
Alex says nothing, he just walks past the two and takes a sit…
Jerry walks up to him in anger, speaking through his teeth so as not to wake Timi…
JERRY 2
Are you not the one I’m talking to, how is he?
ALEX
You know what, since you sabi all that’s needed by the boy I wonder why you can’t go in there show your face and deal with anything that needs or what are you afraid of?
JERRY 2
{looks at Jubril}
Can you hear him, can you hear the nonsense he’s saying…
JUBRIL
Alex…
ALEX
Don’t Alex me…{stands and look at Jerry 2} You see, I keep asking myself, what may really be going on, then I know because my gut told me so, you’re not what you are, I mean, who you be…tell me {shouts} tell me…
The last statement of Alex gets him a blow from Jerry 2 as the two lock up in fight, Jubril and the other guy hold them apart…
JUBRIL
Alex, it’s enough, enough I say! I told you from the start what’s needed of us concerning this operation, what exactly came over you?
ALEX
{with blood coming out of his mouth}
Don’t ask me that question, you never tell me say na small boy we dey go for now…look at him, he hardly sleep all through the night, what if something bad happens to him…
JERRY 2
That’s your job, to never let anything bad happen to him…
ALEX
Jubril, though we don dey do deal for long, but not like this, why did I even let you convince me…GOD, what am I getting into…
JUBRIL
Guy, this is not the time…
Jubril, Jerry 2 and Alex turn their face to a sobbing sound…guess who it is? The third guy is sobbing and murmuring something…
JERRY 2
Who are this amateurs that I team up with…
Jubril walks up to him…
JUBRIL
Guy, wetin do you?
THIRD GUY
Are we going to jail…is that what’s going to happen to us…
JERRY 2
Who’s talking about jail here… {shouts at him} get your ass together!
JUBRIL
{to Jerry 2}
Hey chill…{to the third guy} relax guy, by this time tomorrow, we’ll all be on our way home with our money, you get it…
Third Guy nods…
Jubril sits on the chair while Jerry 2 walks up and down, his phone rings; he walks towards the window to pick the call…
JERRY 2
Hello sir…we’re doing fine…
There’s a shout from the inside as Alex dashes towards the entrance…
JERRY 2
{still on call}
…everything is going on smoothly…okay sir…
He cuts the call as he looks towards the room…
Alex holding Timi who by now starts his song of “I want to go home again.”
ALEX
You will go home…just relax…
TIMI
I want to see my mum…
ALEX
You will see your mum, trust me. {puts his second finger to his lip as a sign to keep quiet}
Alex walks to the door and pretends to spy then comes back to Timi}
ALEX
{speaks quietly}
I will rescue you, I have a plan, but you must stop crying and trust me. Do you trust me?
Timi nods in affirmation.
ALEX
So this is what will happen, you will take your bath, eat your ration…{pause} but why don’t you eat normal regular food…
TIMI
Mum believes it makes me sick…
ALEX
Is that so?
TIMI
Not really, because I used to eat from my friend at school and nothing happen, though I don’t let the guards know.
ALEX
Good. So take your bath, then let’s see if I can bring you some good food. What will you like to eat aside the ration…
TIMI
{thinks}
Can I have eba…
ALEX
Good. That’s what I’m talking about, eba it is. Take your bath and I will be right back…
Timi for the first time jumps up from the bed and start undressing himself as Alex smiles and go out…
As usual Jubril and Jerry 2 are waiting for him…
The three look at each other…

CUT TO

SCENE SIX
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE – DAY
With heavy heart Honorable Jegede walks down the corridor flanked all around by his securities, the thought of where his wife is is ponding on his chest. It’s like someone is using a big mortal on his fragile heart not minding the consequence whether he’ll die or not…
As he walks along, he heard the voice he used to hear calling him “dear” it’s like the voice is calling him from far above the heavens, he just tries to look at the direction from where the voice is coming, lo and behold, walking towards him is no one else but his wife beeming with smiles, behind her are two ladies carrying trays of what looks like dish…
Forgetting that his guards are with him, he dashes forward…
JEGEDE
Dear, were have you been?
ELIZABETH
Kitchen, there’s this menu that I’ve been trying since I found an extra time with me, I decided to try it today…Wait, is there any problem?
JEGEDE
Yes there is…

CUT TO

SCENE SEVEN
INT – STATE HOUSE, GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE, SITTING ROOM – DAWN
Jerry, Honorable and Elizabeth are in the sitting room.
Honorable is seriously angry standing away from the two. The look on his face is more like that of a tiger thinking on how to devour a rat…
Elizabeth is sitting looking confused…
ELIZABETH
…tell me Jerry, have I done something wrong, is it bad that I visited the kitchen…
JERRY
That’s not what his excellency is trying to say. You see, as the first lady of this state, people are watching your every steps as to your reaction to the kidnapping of Timi…
ELIZABETH
But my son is not kidnapped, isn’t it…
JEGEDE
{shouts at Elizabeth}
And that’s exactly your problem…
JERRY
Calm down sir…I will explain to her…
JEGEDE
Better, she must get it before she leaves this place…nonsense…{storms out of the room}
JERRY
Your excellency ma, this is how I want you to look at it. Assuming Timi is kidnapped for real, what will you do?
ELIZABETH
But he’s not…
JERRY
But assuming he is…
ELIZABETH
I guess I will continue crying like I did yesterday…
JERRY
And that’s exactly what you’re to do, you need to move the state, they need to feel your pain, they need to weep and cry with you so that the purpose of what we are doing can come out…
ELIZABETH
Now I get you, and that’s exactly what I will do.
JERRY
Thank you ma. I’ll like to take my leave now…
Jerry walks out of the door, he backs the door after closing it, he takes a deep breath and starts walking away, he’s not taking three steps when Elizabeth shrieks from inside the room crying… “My son, where’s my son”
JERRY
{smiles to himself}
And that’s the acting we need…

SCENE EIGHT
EXT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE, COMPOUND – DAY
Jubril is sitting on a small chair with his face to the sky under the shed when Jerry 2 comes around to join Jubril.
JERRY 2
For once I never thought your guy fit perform, you can’t believe it that the two of them are playing inside…
JUBRIL
Didn’t I tell you to chill…
JERRY 2
But I’m still concerned with the foods he’s making the guy to eat…
JUBRIL
You don’t need to worry, atleast the guy na Yoruba, so the food no fit do am anything…
JERRY 2
I hear you… {his phone rings, he walks away to pick the call}
Jubril wait till Jerry 2 is out of ear shot, he brings out his phone, he dials a number, just as the person says “Hello” he feels something on his head. It was Jerry 2 putting his pistol to Jubril’s head. He collects the phone from him and switch it off, his face is full of rage…
Jubril is just still, feeling no fear of whatever kind…
JERRY 2
I think we need to talk starting from who you’re talking to on the phone…

SCENE NINE
INT – STATE HOUSE, FIRST LADY’S OFFICE – DAY
The office is cozy and warm. There’s light everywhere. The place is so close that once you’re inside the office you can’t know what’s going on outside, whether it’s raining or it’s the sun that is shining.
You can know from entering the office complex who’s in charge by the portraits that lined up to the office of the first lady. Elizabeth ensured that every nook and cranny of the complex has her portraits including the restroom!
Now back to the real office of the first lady, aside the fact that you can’t see anything going on outside {I don’t know if she has something against the nature that she’s hiding in her office, or that’s what she wants}, the office has one structure at the center of the office. The structure is not an oracle, but one can hardly tell the shape of the structure. She use to boast about it sometimes back that she brought the structure from somewhere in India when she visited sometimes back, I just hope that the structure is not from stratosphere…
One can hear the cry of Elizabeth from the entrance of the complex as she was crying as well as making her grievance known to the line of journalist who are there to cover the cry of an icon… {don’t mind my usage of words…}
ELIZABETH
…please…return my boy, please, I promise you that we will not press any charges please…{she burst into more tears}

SCENE TEN
EXT – SOMEWHERE REMOTE, COMPOUND – DAY
Jerry 2 is pacing to and fro in rage swaying his pistol at every of his statement as if his vocal cord is attached to it. Meanwhile Jubril is just sitting down, looking calm and cool…
JERRY 2
…who are you working for? Tell me now or I will make life miserable for you…{dials the number again from the phone but the number drops every time he dials it} You want to proof stubborn right, I will show you…
He could not finish his statement as two of the other three guys come in laughing and talking, they’re come in carrying a bag…
JERRY 2
{shouts at them}
Where you coming from?
GUY ONE
You sent us to buy food of course…
JERRY 2
Are you mad? When did I send you?
GUY TWO
Alex said you asked us to go and get another eba from the canteen down the street…
Confuse of what may be going on, Jerry 2 looks at Jubril who is just smiling, he looks back at the other two.
JERRY 2
Okay, go and call me Alex, he’ll be in the boy’s room…
GUYS
Okay…
The two rush away…
JERRY
{still angry but with a calm voice}
What have you done guy…
JUBRIL
Nothing…
The guys come back panting…
GUY ONE
Alex is not their neither is Timi…
Jerry dashes towards the house but stops, he comes back to bundle Jubril…
JERRY 2
{shouts at the two}
Lock that gate now!
One of the guys runs to close the door while Jerry 2 pushes Jubril along…
They enter the room and truly it is empty, the third guy is lying lifeless on the floor near the bed.
Jerry 2 bends down to feel the pulse of the third guy who is breathing faintly…
JERRY
{whispers to himself}
Timi, where are you?

FADE

(1) (Reply)

8 Fun Things To Do When You Have Writer's Block / Battling Low Self Esteem / Reach Us For Your Academic And Corporate Writings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.