Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers (803 Views)

Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents / Time Have Proven Former White South African Prime Minister P.W Botha Right / Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Talkwell: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
White South Africans could be forced to give up their own homes from next year as the nation's government steamrolls through plans for land expropriation over claims 'Africa's original sin' must be reversed.

The White South Africans could be facing one of the greatest challenges this year

Land is a huge issue in South Africa where racial inequality remains entrenched more than two decades after the end of apartheid when millions of the black majority were dispossessed of their land by a white minority.
The National Assembly agreed to the establishment of a committee that will draft an amendment to section 25 of the Constitution – a law which will allow the government to take homes from the people – and refuse to pay them compensation.

Last week the nations politicians fast tracked the set up of a committee which will write the legal change and present it next year.
The motion was adopted with 183 MPs voting yes, 77 voting no and no abstentions in fiery scenes as South Africans battle over land reform.

In the same week, South Africa 's High Court rejected a legal challenge brought by a group representing white farmers against President Cyril Ramaphosa's plans for land expropriation without compensation.

Last month, Ekurhuleni's city council voted in favour of forging ahead with 'expropriation without compensation' - a legal tool that the ruling African National Congress says is necessary to provide land for disadvantaged black citizens.
Ramaphosa handed over the title deeds of 4,586 hectares of land to Chief Inkosi Mandla Mkwanazi of the KwaMkwanazi community in Empangeni, near Durban.
The KwaMkwanazi community was forcibly removed from their land more than 100 years ago following the enactment of the 1913 Land Act.

Like other South African cities, Ekurhuleni faces a dire housing crunch, with some 600,000 of its nearly 4 million people living in 'informal settlements' and a shortage of land to build homes.

https://www.smokedscreen.com/2018/12/tensions-rise-as-south-africa-sets-to-seize-lands-from-white-south-african-farmers/

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
Positive news.

People deserve to reclaim their lost lands.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
Rubbish!
The first piece of land to be seized, will not be white-owned! The government owns so much land which would qualify. Traditional authorities, like Zulus and other tribal kings, are in charge of infinitely more land which will qualify if this law is ever realised!
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by AbujaBlue: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
Look how well that worked out for Zimbabwe. From bread-basket to its current state.
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Ejebleje: 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
Sadly, much of Southern Africa is as good as it appears because of her white settlers and indigenes. Can’t really say what’s wrong with the black race.
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by morpheus24: 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
Ejebleje:
Sadly, much of Southern Africa is as good as it appears because of her white settlers and indigenes. Can’t really say what’s wrong with the black race.

What has this got to do with redistributing stolen and seized lands
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Ejebleje: 8:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
morpheus24:

What has this got to do with redistributing stolen and seized lands

I wish you weren’t slow, you’ll have got your answer by merely reading the comments before mine
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Iwantslavesgone: 5:40am On Dec 13, 2018
Why are these Zulus always disturbing these white people?. Why always the jaoulousy over other's success undecided.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by aregal: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2018
I've never before read such shallow sensational drivel masquerading as a journalistic article!
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by Talkwell: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2018
aregal:
I've never before read such shallow sensational drivel masquerading as a journalistic article!

Sorry prof, i will improve. grin
Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by morpheus24: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ejebleje:

I wish you weren’t slow, you’ll have got your answer by merely reading the comments before mine

Shows how you have very little insight as to what is being proposed in South Africa versus what transpired in Zimbabwe.

Why don't you try me on issues concerning land redistribution in South Africa or southern African for that matter and let's expose my slowness to Nairaland. People like you just make sweeping statements against black people without realizing the complexities of the situation.

Please try me. I dare you!

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers by ibkayee(f): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
If this happens I hope they actually have qualified people already prepared to hit the ground running and farm the lands, otherwise it’ll just end up getting wasted and most likely end up turning into shanty towns. Simply seizing it and handing it over to people who don’t know what they’re doing won’t end well, they need to plan this out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Hero Of Christchurch New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack (photo) / Biafran Flag In Israel / U.S. To Deploy Military Forces To Saudi Arabia After Drone Attacks On Oil Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.