Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos (1123 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Sanwo-Olu Warns Traders On The Red Line Corridor / It Will Be Impossible For Jimi Agbaje To Get PDP Ticket Again –Dominic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by afrofaces: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
Lagos State governorship candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has cautioned his opponent, Jimi Agbaje, against instigating ethnic tensions in the state ahead of the March 2, 2019 election.

He said, “My initial reaction was to ignore him (Agbaje). In this campaign season,it behoves on anyone seeking to be governor of Lagos to have an elevated mind. As leaders,we should place a high premium on civility and imbibe a high level of decorum in a period like this as example to our followers.

“Our campaign should be about important issues that affect the lives of our people; what we are bringing to the table to make life more meaningful to Lagosians.

“This election will be about who has the best credentials to lead Lagos at this time of our development. It won’t be about who can dish out the most insults or tell the most lies. It will also not be about who can instigate ethnic tensions between the Yorubas and the Igbos.

“The election will be about who has the best plan to continue with the progressive and developmental agenda of Lagos that started since 1999.

Lagos is a work in progress. In my published interviews in major newspapers this past Sunday. I was clear when I said Mr. Agbaje is my egbon (elder brother). He is older than me . There is a level of decency that is expected of an elder.”

Source: https://newsacross.com/sanwo-olu-warns-agbaje-to-not-create-tensions-between-yorubas-igbos-in-lagos/

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Stone123(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
FTC! Happy birthday to me!

Stop fighting for politicians!

Politicians are friends, they know themselves, at nights they exchange sms, emails etc to laugh over their thugs and electorates.

Acquire skill or education and use it to develop yourself.
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by ola6: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
Oga Sanwo olu, you might lose this election if you mention Igbos. They are inconsequential to any election. Who gives a flying f@#k if there is tension or not? undecided . Nobody cares about those losers and so should you.

They are irrelevant. Face your election and win in peace. Add them to your matter and lose.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by RevenGeMission: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
toor
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by RevenGeMission: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
lets not hurt their ego

this is too much
ola6:
Oga Sanwo olu, you might lose this election if you mention Igbos. They are inconsequential to any election. Who gives a flying f@#k if there is tension or not? undecided . Nobody cares about those losers and so should you.

They are irrelevant. Face your election and win in peace. Add them to your matter and lose.
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2018
Everybody nowadays are making use of Igbo's agony and negative agitation and quest to renew relevancy in Nigeria to get their support and attention. Top on the lists are:

1.Kemi Olohunloyo

2 Nnmadi kanu

3 Uwuzerike

4 Atiku

5 Jimi Agbaje

6 Jonathan Good luck
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
ola6:

Inconsequential you said? You're simply entitled to your opinion. Mention any street in Lagos where there's no ibo? Lagos is their second home. Go to surulere , festac, isolo, oshodi, ikeja, ojodu, yaba, alimosho, gbagada/bariga, ketu/ojota, Berger, ogba, ikorodu,etc. You'd bow. Go to bus parks and count the number of those passengers coming in and out of Lagos... ibos are the second most populated tribes resident in Lagos. This time around, you'd see them flux into polling booths like never before. None of their tribesmen had ever contested at such an elevated position since 1999. Believe it or not, 99.9% of them would vote atiku. I'm very close to them as I have most of them as friends. I hear what they say. Whether they're inconsequential or not, the outcome of next year's election would tell, both in Lagos and at the national level. Sanwo olu is already jittery because he knows they'd vote agbaje en masse. He knows what he's saying. He's seeing their body language already. All he's saying is an empty threats. The empire of tinubu his boss is nearing it's end.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by lizzybet(f): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
Abi o, but nevertheless, let's Apc substitute OMOYELE SOWORE for BUHARI, we have what it's takes to be great as a nation.
As things stands today, me and my family we are left with no choice than to vote for JUBRIL of sudan
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Strikethem: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2018
awelekiti:
Inconsequential you said? You're simply entitled to your opinion. Mention any street in Lagos where there's no ibo? Lagos is their second home. Go to surulere , festac, isolo, oshodi, ikeja, ojodu, yaba, alimosho, gbagada/bariga, ketu/ojota, Berger, ogba, ikorodu,etc. You'd bow. Go to bus parks and count the number of those passengers coming in and out of Lagos... ibos are the second most populated tribes resident in Lagos. This time around, you'd see them flux into polling booths like never before. None of their tribesmen had ever contested at such an elevated position since 1999. Believe it or not, 99.9% of them would vote atiku. I'm very close to them as I have most of them as friends. I hear what they say. Whether they're inconsequential or not, the outcome of next year's election would tell, both in Lagos and at the national level. Sanwo olu is already jittery because he knows they'd vote agbaje en masse. He knows what he's saying. He's seeing their body language already. All he's saying is an empty threats. The empire of tinubu his boss is nearing it's end.
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2018
K
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
Strikethem:
What is this one saying?
If you truly live with us here in Lagos, you'd understand ''what this one is saying'' better. No abuses pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by simplycarro: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
awelekiti:

Sharaaaap!! If they couldn’t help GEJ in 2015 despite all the support he gave to them, what makes you think they can help Atiku or Agbaje this time?
Most of them are just empty noise making machine.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Strikethem: 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
awelekiti:
If you truly live with us here in Lagos, you'd understand ''what this one is saying'' better. No abuses pls
Lol, where do you know in lagos, what do you know about lagos. What is this one saying?
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2018
Lagos is no man's land.
So no call for alarm.
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by phase1: 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
ola6:

If the Ibos are 'irrelevant' as you claim under your oshogbo roof, why is it that all contestants in lagos, from councillors, to state house of assembly down to your gubernatorial aspirants are always wearing Ishiagu Igbo traditional attire on campaign posters. From Surulere, to lekki down to Idi mangoro, the posters are there begging for Igbo votes which you call 'inconsequential'.

Dirty oshogbo local champion typing from his pit toilet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by orisa37: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
Jimi Agbaje's mother is from Nnewi.
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2018
orisa37:
Jimi Agbaje's mother is from Nnewi.
his father is from mbaise too
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje To Not Create Tensions Between Yorubas, Igbos In Lagos by Tiimy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
ola6:

U Will Die Young

(1) (Reply)

Jigawa Rejects PDP As Their Campaign Posters In Dutse Are All Removed / Vp Osinbajo In Kogi. Pictures. / PDP Nguru Yobe State Bicycle Rally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.