Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle (40638 Views)

Prostitution is a crime in Nigeria - ACP Abayomi Shogunle / Abayomi Shogunle's Post On Twitter That Made Osinbajo To Reform SARS / Abayomi Shogunle Defends SARS: "I Traveled On Road For 3hrs & No one Stopped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by brightalo17: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
charliboy654:

U get serious issue, like seriously, u just went to bring one stupid irrelevant link from nowhere and expect me to read it. The topic is not even about sex in public but sex in a car, try to understand things cause u have comprehension problem.
You didn't read it that's why you can be able to say whatever you like. So continue .
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by jaxxy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
charliboy654:

What if the car tinted windows and no one could see what's happening inside the car but the car was parked in a public place

Then u mostly won’t bother anyone and therefore won’t be caught. Bt if u park on sm1elses private property to do ur biz u cud be question/cautioned for trespassing.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by brightalo17: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
charliboy654:

There's different about having sex in car n having sex in public hope u know.

So you didn't see the car story there abi? No worry till you get caught , then you will understand that ignorant is not an excuse . even the police man will deny you because most Police don't even know the law until you enter court room.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by sole26: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
but , butter undecided ,buttress haha
But i hate pot-bellied alhajis in car action wt mecheesy

Loll u are funy, so how any alhaji u don snatch inside car dis year?
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by brightalo17: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2018
emmie14:

Your are wrong dear. My Hilux is fully tinted thus maintaining maximum privacy from the public. Packing under mango tree and doing what ever inside does not distract public orderliness.
I hope you dey read how police shoot someone because of tinted glass ? hope your hilux has the permit?
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by mozona(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
as far am concern it is not a crime in nigeria as shogunle said cos it is not a practice here in our country.
so the police have not enforce it to be illegal, the verse and chapter the other person quote is just to counter
what shogunle said to go in line with what oyinbo people dont like
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by tintingz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
brightalo17:
It is not a crime yet it is an a crime when seen , So what are you then saying ? enter google and check it before responding again.

The car is not public, it's only public when you're parked in crowded place. So sex in the car is not a crime itself.

Here's from another site.

It's not inherently illegal in California to engage in sexual activity in public. It's only illegal if you know... or reasonably should know... of the presence of someone who is likely to be offended.
https://www.shouselaw.com/engage-lewd-conduct.html

1 Like

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
I think the law should define clearly what it means by " public place".

1 Like

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by RomeoEmpire(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
I love it in d car BIKO wt rose perfume frangrance everywie ..

If no rose air freshener in d car ,sweetie ...I WL OVER VOMIT IN UR DAMN DICK ...YESSS !
Wonderful iron Lady.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by JuanDeDios: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
"Indecent act" or "gross indecency" does not mean sex. In Nigeria, that refers to homosexual acts and the rest of it Shogunle is right; the CP and his advisers are wrong. But that's speaking legally. Sex in a car in an open place is not something I'd encourage anyone to do in Nigeria.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by Westaslave2(f): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2018
notoriousbabe:
you just dey hungry me
i dnt av energy 4 scissorsing biko!
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by brightalo17: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
The car is not public, it's only public when you're parked in crowded place. So sex in the car is not a crime itself.

Here's from another site.

It's not inherently illegal in California to engage in sexual activity in public. It's only illegal if you know... or reasonably should know... of the presence of someone who is likely to be offended.
https://www.shouselaw.com/engage-lewd-conduct.html

So presence of someone now made it a crime or not ? So if that will make it a crime why still arguing that it is not a crime ?

What is not a crime is something you will do even if someone sees you or not you will still be walking free not something that can send you to jail term just because someone sees you.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by thatigboman: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2018
bettercreature:
The fool said it applied to all states in Nigeria but quoted lagos constitution grin grin grin grin
is lagos a sovereign state to have a constition? He quoted laws of lagos
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by don4real18(m): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
Section 134 (a) Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015 prohibits any indecent act in any public place without lawful excuse.
A loophole... Konji is a good excuse grin
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by neyobills: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
brightalo17:
Tinted alone is illegal,Having sex in the car in the open places unless in your compound is illegal in sane and insane countries as well. You're only ignorant of it that is why you are saying your car and mango tree.

Even in the Usa and various countries you can google and read for yourself not to just say it just because you believe once it is tinted,your car and your girlfriend or wife then you have every rights to be having sex with her .

Wait ohh maybe everyone should now go and tint there cars just for sex romp abi?

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/having-sex-in-public-can-lead-to-a-year-in-jail-according-to-legal-experts-8550074

Are u for real,there is a tint permit issued by the same NPF so there wouldn't have been a permit at all if it were to be illegal and its legal in most countries in the world.

There is absolutely no crime in having sex in your private car,because the word car is a broad word,in saner climes with adequate security we have hikers who travel in their motorhomes and RVs all year round for sightseeing,are u going to arrest them for having sex in their motorhomes after all its also a car,it might just be an SUV linked with the motorhome so basically it's also a car.

Peeping into someone car is invasion of privacy in itself except the car was parked on your property,your car is your private property the same way u wouldn't feel comfortable someone peeping into your house for no reason.

Even in the US,Donald Trump for example had a fully customized Coaster type bus with a rest cabin ever before he was POTUS, are u going to stop him from having sex in his cabin,until its written black and white in the penal code having sex in a car is prohibited then I guess we all safe,you don't cook up laws overnight to suit your moral standing,in saner climes there could be a subtle protest if scotland yard for example comes up with such gibberish.

Complaining is void,if it's not on paper,it doesn't exist.

N.B if u ever find yourself in Oakland CA peeping into some car to find out if there having sex would put a slug in your head except u law enforcement on duty.

1 Like

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Obviously the Lagos police officer that said this is a dolt, an idiot and a nincompoop.

So my car is now a public place? No wonder your vagabond men jump into people's vehicles like diseased flies.

1 Like

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by AnalQueenluci: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2018
CharleyBright:

Great job!!
Lalastic, what are you waiting for?
Give this lady a well deserved Medal for her heroic feat of restoring the lives of " two miserable weakling".
U ar hell damn funny,
D guy always boast of sex power

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
linearity:
But, it still can be argue if car is public though.

The legal question here is, what is legally considered to be public? You might say, if it is protected from public view via e.g. tinted windows or curtain and no one outside can see the act, then it is not public...but, those that mean that, if am having sex in house, which is technically known as private, but my neighbor can see the act through my glass window or half closed curtains are we liable to be charged for indecent exposure?

Note that vehicles even though they might be on public roads are granted the same privacy as homes e.g. you need a search warrant or a probable cause to enter and search someone’s car just like you need to search their home...Also, many people’s vehicle double as their home.
this your last sentence weak me

1 Like

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by Ghedo99(m): 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2018
Na Ur Car Abi undecidedNa Ur Car Abi
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by linearity: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2018
bixton:

It will only be legal if such act when done in the car does not draw attention to passers by.
Because it will also be an offence for anyone to peep into a car for just no reason.
Any one caught on such act can only be charged on moral grounds.

Bros, you are correct...but if you look at the highlight above, there is a lot of loophole.

My neighbor is very loud, even behind close doors, when they do it...You know what I mean, no expatiation needed...And they draw my attention, I just 'hold myself' and endure the torment....Does that mean what they are doing is illegal? I believe they can be cited for noise code violation, but not for indecent exposure.

The courts usually go with the layman test in situations like these and try to answer this question..."Will a layman reasonable expect privacy from where that act is been performed?'. If the answer is Yes, then it is not public and the law does not apply.

Therefore it can be argued that, I can do it in the open in the middle of the Sahara desert, bush, sea, inside my tinted car or with curtain, under curvet, uncompleted building, etc; as long as any layman will reasonable expect privacy, am clear....but, the truth is, this is only good on paper, I would want to test the limits of this legal theory, even with the best lawyers by my side. But, this shows that, both of the police officers are wrong in their responses, as the right answer is no grey and not black and blue as they are saying.
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
sole26:

Loll u are funy, so how any alhaji u don snatch inside car dis year?
27 cheesy :
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by bigtt76(f): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
I'm afraid but Shogunle is right. Those places and conditions he placed exceptions on could lead to a stakeholder lodging a complaint to the police if they feel offended by the scene.

On the other hand, if the couples are having s3x in an area where no one cares, even though it's a public place, who would report to the police to make it an offense? grin

It's just like the say 'attempted suicide is a crime but suicide is not'.

MrGist:

See more here - http://gistmore.com/sex-in-car-is-criminal-lagos-police-counters-abayomi-shogunle

Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
CharleyBright:

I was about to say something, but when i checked your Moniker, ... I give up.

I no fit talk.
EVIL THOUGHT ABOUT ME RYTRYT?, say wots on ur mind i wont bite u
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by brightalo17: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
neyobills:

Are u for real,there is a tint permit issued by the same NPF so there wouldn't have been a permit at all if it were to be illegal and its legal in most countries in the world.

There is absolutely no crime in having sex in your private car,because the word car is a broad word,in saner climes with adequate security we have hikers who travel in their motorhomes and RVs all year round for sightseeing,are u going to arrest them for having sex in their motorhomes after all its also a car,it might just be an SUV linked with the motorhome so basically it's also a car.

Peeping into someone car is invasion of privacy in itself except the car was parked on your property,your car is your private property the same way u wouldn't feel comfortable someone peeping into your house for no reason.

Even in the US,Donald Trump for example had a fully customized Coaster type bus with a rest cabin ever before he was POTUS, are u going to stop him from having sex in his cabin,until its written black and white in the penal code having sex in a car is prohibited then I guess we all safe,you don't cook up laws overnight to suit your moral standing,in saner climes there could be a subtle protest if scotland yard for example comes up with such gibberish.

Complaining is void,if it's not on paper,it doesn't exist.

N.B if u ever find yourself in Oakland CA peeping into some car to find out if there having sex would put a slug in your head except u law enforcement on duty.

The problem you have is that you're evaluating within your own very reasoning , which is exactly why they said ignorance is not an excuse in law. I have seen in the same Usa google search where it stated that if police sees you having sex in the car you will be charged for it . So tell me is it also illegal if police peep into a parking cars ?
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
Westaslave2:
yahoo boys wl soon trace u n use ur undies 4 afonja science
yahoo boys only reign in lagos n itskekiri urhobo make dem enter ph , BB n WA babes go shop dem lyk suya, ask dos bad igboboys hw we castrated dem
Lagos babes ar weak
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
RomeoEmpire:
Wonderful iron Lady.
nna mu
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by KingSango(m): 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
wahles:

Lols! Are you a Nigerian?
When you do get arrested, inform Inspector musa you aren't guilty until proven so by a law court. grin

Lot of criminals out of jail because of money and lawyer everywhere on Earth not just Nigeria. grin
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
bamasite:
Who we go believe now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1rUZWRFD4
hw much pls
Re: Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle by newdawn2017(f): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
obaale98:
This news is doing me somehow
Like u want 2 turn into something right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man 33yrs Raped Mentally Sick Girl In Oshodi / Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend / Man Spends 17 Years In Jail Over Resemblance With Real Criminal In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.