Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps (6206 Views)

Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun / 2023: White Witches Urge Osinbajo Not To Join Presidential Race / I Didn't Say APC Is Worse Than PDP &Shuld Not Expect Votes Frm N/east -Sen Bukar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Naijaalive(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2018

Members of the All Progressives Congress Caucus in the House of Representatives have dismissed the allegation that the TraderMoni empowerment programme by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration is aimed at buying votes ahead of the 2019 general elections.

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, who is spearheading the programme, had been to major markets across the country to grant the interest-free loan of N10,000 to petty traders.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Wednesday, Majority Leader of the House and leader of the caucus, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, condemned members of the National Assembly who accuse Osinbajo of vote buying.

Gbajabiamila said, “I think it is important for us as a caucus to defend the party when the party is being attacked unfairly and unjustly. I have heard legislators from both sides – the Senate and the House – talking about TraderMoni being vote buying.

“I shudder to think that any legislator would say that, when the same Legislature gave approval and budgeted for TraderMoni. We budgeted for something and then you turn around. Then you have done a disservice to the country. You are indicting yourself.”

According to the lawmaker, TraderMoni is in different forms around the world.

He said the government could not have suspended the programme because elections were approaching.

“Do we as a country say three or four months to the elections, we are going to stop giving the vulnerable and poor people or taking care of them, so that we are not seen as vote buyers? We need to know that this is all politics and it is unfortunate,” Gbajabiamila stated.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/osinbajo-not-buying-votes-with-tradermoni-say-apc-reps.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by billante(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2018
Oga femi tradermoni is vote buying simple and short.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by yerokunphilips: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2018
If VP is buying votes, Obi should also sell vote

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by dunkem21(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2018
OK, Let me ask the people ..

If you agree that Tradermoni' is NOT vote buying, click *Like

If you think TraderMoni' is Vote buying, *Share

47 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by lyta7133(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by FarahAideed: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
VoterMoni is vote buying simple and short

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by NotBeenPaid: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018

Of course, even criminals don't believe that they are thieves - The difference is pronunciation but same meaning.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Dareal90s(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
So because election is around the corner the man shouldn't do his primary assignment? If he doesn't do it sef they will still complain. Nigerians with bad mouth sha.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by IamD18: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
Osibanjo is a snake hiding under Buhari.

He is what we call Ochicha mere ihe eboro oke

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Kclique: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
Keep quiet, he is obviously luring the voters, and I don't know what else that would tantamount to, other than vote buying.
If not so, is this the time to trade that their 'moni'?

Or like his principal that waited 6months after winning election and 4 months after being sworn in to make nominations, yet, he still put square pegs and round holes.
Let them do as they want do,
Duara/Sudan 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2018
Tradermoni isn't vote buying and I agree. Even the world bank has given a support of $500m to the scheme as its in line with world standards in terms of catering to the needs of small scale traders.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Petersamuel8(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2018
then y not shearing it 2015 2016 2017?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Metuh: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2018
This Tinubu boy should shut it.... Oponu aboda

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by israelmao(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2018
When the right thing is done at the wrong time there will be definitely a misconception.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Mikee7(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2018
Lmao, this is not truly vote buying, as it is a loan and not them dashing 10k away. But nevertheless it will still influence people.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Trustee1: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2018
"Says APC reps"! What else were we expecting them to say. Please this is totally not a news.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by seangy4konji: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2018
Their cup of tea.
Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by calamus(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2018
TraderMoni is pure vote buying plain and simple. If you have relatives in places where this scheme is being carried out, forewarn them! They will ask for your PVC and copy or scan something on it, and then return it to you, you might not see that option on the form, but they already have the information they need to clone your card.

That day of election, you will just be getting "Invalid Voter's Details" up and down; you won't know you sold your birthright for a pot of burnt stew weeks ago.

If you're a journalist, contact me and I will give you leads for an expose on this farcade that will boost your career.

For those APC TraderMoni agents mentioning my post just to say what they don't know, be happy I chose to be discreet about giving details in public.

ndi uchu. Unu nyegburu onwe unu na ten thousand... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by abubakrisideeq: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2018
If its vote buying... Let the opposition parties adopt the vite buying methods. Shebi na we the masses go benefit from the moni.
U people accused APC o vote buying by empowering the petty traders and the poor...PDP and other parties should also adopt it by empowering the petty traders and the poor masses. If that is the only thing the petty traders an poor masses will benefit from them before election.
Simple ... Shikena!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2018
calamus:
TraderMoni is pure vote buying plain and simple. If you have relatives in places where this scheme is being carried out, forewarn them! They will ask for your PVC and copy or scan something on it, and then return it to you, you might not see that option on the form, but they already have the information they need to clone your card.

That day of election, you will just be getting "Invalid Voter's Details" up and down; you won't know you sold your birthright for a pot of burnt stew weeks ago.

If you're a journalist, contact me and I will give you leads for an expose on this farcade that will boost your career.

Nobody asks for your PVC details.

All data is captured on a mobile device including your passport photo.

No scans are carried out.

You need to stop lying

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by MallamJackson(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2018
“I shudder to think that any legislator would say that, when the same Legislature gave approval and budgeted for TraderMoni. We budgeted for something and then you turn around. Then you have done a disservice to the country[/quote]

on the contrary oga Gbajabiamila you are missing the point

Tradermoni in it self isn't a bad idea at all

what we the members (of the Nigerian public) are saying is that Mallam Jubril Aminu Alsudani has brought utter disrepute to the office of the vice president by sending him on such an errand.

and it happens to be timed at the point of election campaigns so it's never out of point to see it as a vote buying scheme

but it's DOA because there's a resolve by "most" Nigerians at sending the prof and his principal tumbling down from the apex of the rock called Aso

#Back2DauraIsAProject
Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by cmikel: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2018
meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by calamus(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2018
Tetehjewels:

Nobody asks for your PVC details.

All data is captured on a mobile device including your passport photo.

No scans are carried out.

You need to stop lying

And you need to learn how to read between the lines. They copy OR scan. The VIN or something is copied out. By the way, you seem so sure, were you a beneficiary? You sound like you just discovered you sold your birthright.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Bennycollins: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2018
Some of these market women you see in the pictures can boast of hundreds of thousands. Is it not funny giving them so called loan of 10k? To them it's their share of the national cake.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Heavance(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
Mikee7:
Lmao, this is not truly vote buying, as it is a loan and not them dashing 10k away. But nevertheless it will still influence people.
i would have believed your point, but after visiting the website, i am just wondering how the people will repay the loans as stated on the website.
Three weeks ago, i was with some market women who were telling me they got 8k, while another said her neighbour got the loan about three (3) times...........
Osinbajo has lost the pastoral respect some people had for him, APC actually made him lose the respect.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by igirabata123(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
This government is very inept. Nigerians need a sustainable program not this dubious and non-sustainable program.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by crownwealth: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Vote buying at its peak
Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by klimkid: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2018
Dareal90s:
So because election is around the corner the man shouldn't do his primary assignment? If he doesn't do it sef they will still complain. Nigerians with bad mouth sha.
Nigerians just tire me.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2018
calamus:

And you need to learn how to read between the lines. They copy OR scan. The VIN or something is copied out. By the way, you seem so sure, were you a beneficiary? You sound like you just discovered you sold your birthright.

Nobody copies or scans anything.

I am not a beneficiary. My advice to you is to stop lying. Its a nasty habit that destroys.

Don't sell your eternity over something you could easily have avoided

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by elderken(m): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2018
Selling Dignity for a piece of bread
Re: Osinbajo Not Buying Votes With Tradermoni, Say APC Reps by Jones4190(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2018
PMB VS #THEM
-Shortly after he resumed office, they sponsored Avengers to halt oil business(Country's major income), he tackles them.
-They later sponsored IPOB secessionists, he silenced them
- Being the promoter of farming, They bought, hoard and even destroyed the farm products after the harvest, to create hunger in the land and ignite civil uproar, but he invested more in farming to bridge the gap they have created
-They made an attempt on his life, God Helped, healed and returned him back home, after months.
-They ganged up with the criminals in the NASS to scuttle all progressive bills and laws in order to make him bow, he remained resolute.
-They used the riffraff, thugs, puff heads and the bleaching common-nonsense in the senate to ridicule him and distract him, he remain indifferent.
-They imported, smuggled deadly-weapons and sponsored killings, and internal crimes to tarnish his government, he squared up their effort and keep beating them.
-They took false campaign of calumny against him to foreign countries, in return he gets more support and encouragement from international world.
-They resolved to begging him not to contest again, he left them in tenterhook and suspense.
-Now they knelt down and beg military to take over. He smiled.
When you hear these people crying, please note that Nigeria is progressing, and getting off its hook.
They prefer anybody apart from him, they presented/suggested many options within their circle.
As they create the distractions and the sabotage, he remains resolute, focused, determined, calculative and committed to the welfare and well being of his country masses.
PMB all the way........#iStandWithBuhari

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Northerner Here To Explain This? / Is APGA As A Political Party Ready For The Elections In Enugu Come 2023? / "My Decision Is Divine" — Ogun PDP Deputy Chairman, Leye Odunjo Quits Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.