Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) (36309 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Police Parade 10 Suspected Kidnappers In Plateau (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows Storm Bukuru, Plateau (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by dainformant(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
A 16-year-old girl identified as Faith Thomas Gyang, a native of Berom, from Kakuruk village of Gashish District in Barkin Ladi local government area, Plateau State, was recently granted scholarship by Stefanos foundation after losing her parents to killers believed to be Fulani militants in 2012.

In a recent interview with Stefanos correspondent, Faith narrated with tears, the sad event that led to the death of her parents.

She said:

"My name is Faith Thomas Gyang. I am from Gashish District." "On Sunday, 9th November, 2012 we were at home, myself, my father and my younger brother watching film. My father then told us that, 'you know these days are bad', and he asked us to go and sleep and he prayed for us."

"Around 8pm, we heard gunshots everywhere. My father then said "these people have come". He then came out and we all came out the same time with him. As he was trying to go out, my mum stopped him. She went out first and then he followed her. My mother went behind the house while my father went to the front of the house. As he went around the front of the house, he was shot on his leg. He immediately told me that he was shot and I told him sorry. We then tried to knock on our grandmother's door so we could take cover, but then one Fulani man appeared from hiding, and suddenly the other attackers also appeared from their hiding place. On sighting them, I immediately took cover in a very small place, near some coco yam leaves."

"The Fulanis then approached my father, who could not move as a result of the gunshot wound he sustained and they shot him all over his back. They then took machetes and cut his head and his back. I was watching. 

They then shot my mother on her stomach and the bullet pierced through her stomach and hit my younger brother whom she tied on her back. My younger brother almost died but God saved him and he didn't die."

"I just feel as if my parents are here because my dad was always there for me. He wanted the best for us all, unfortunately, his life was taken away. For the past 6 years now I have not been with my parents and I'm missing them so much. I wish that one day I will see them."

Faith was so emotional at this point as she remembered the good times she had with her parents.

When asked how she feels about the whole situation, and if she has the capacity to forgive those who killed her parents, she said...

"It will be hard for me to forgive but I just have to forgive. I just have to let everything go because the past can never come back, but what I need to do now is to forget. I just want to focus on my studies. I have been praying that one day God will send someone to carry me so I can have scholarship and finally, God answered my prayer. I am really grateful to Him."

Faith is one among the 6 recent IDP children who benefited from the Stefanos Foundation's support through a donor, and scholarship given to the students.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/schoolgirl-in-tears-as-she-narrates-how-she-watched-her-parents-get-killed.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Will Grow up hating the Zoo

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by choice17(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2018
ok
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by choice17(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nigeria is in dire need of liberation Is a pity that this young girl is scarred for life

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by olatunex(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
Chaiiiaaa sorry

4 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by DFlyest: 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
angry
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by pejuakinab: 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
A pity

3 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Chei berom are the most hit for this fulani madness ....nowonder any fulani dey catch dem dey kill am chop him meat
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by PointZerom: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Buhari or any other president will pay for the blood of the innocent citizens killed under them.

13 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by LuciferRedeemer: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nonsense.
What is to be pitied here?

She just got an opportunity to work as a spy with MI6 or the CIA which many of us have dreamed of all our lives.
Instead of her to make the most of her situation, she's weeping.

Stupid African child-feminist.

I still live in regret till date for not losing my parents as a kid.

Ingrates everywhere I go.

*spits angry
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by ZombieTAMER: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Buhari men must suffer

They have been killing since ages

5 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
crycrycry
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
So sad..
This is one of the saddest thing to experience.. Watching your parents gets killed in front of you.

May God protect and bless her..and other children in same shoes as she is.

9 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by longlong: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
Stay strong girl. I gave myself break from the news for a month. Believe me I could not be happier. So many heart breaking stories, will just leave you powerless, cause they is nothing you can do

2 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Buffalowings3(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:
The fulanis of Riyom circa 2001, 2004, 2008, 2011 have similar stories.

The fulanis of Kuru Karama stuffed into a well (even shown on Al Jazeera and BBC) did not even survive to tell their harrowing tale.

The victims of Dura Du, who ended up in the murky depths of a mining pit, cannot share the sad stories of their gruesome demise.

The Beroms are the architects of their own misery; their xenophobic and clannish lack of tolerance for anything Muslim is their bane. Other tribes of the plateau live largely in peace with their "settler" neighbors.

Indeed many of the other natives of plateau live an uneasy peace with the troublesome Beroms.
As much as I detest violence I wouldn't hesitate using one when some invaders destroy my farm and livelihood.

Sign anti grazing law
Problem solved

Jos that ought to be a tourist destination cos of the cool weather is devoid of life...
Killing everyday
Thank God I survived my service year, by now I would have become meat for that barbecue seller grin

5 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
The Fulanis then approached my father, who could not move as a result of the gunshot wound he sustained and they shot him all over his back. They then took machetes and cut his head and his back. I was watching.
Sai Baba!

1 Like

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
embarassed
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by longlong: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
choice17:
ok
something is wrong with this one's head
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
The fulanis of Riyom circa 2001, 2004, 2008, 2011 have similar stories.

The fulanis of Kuru Karama stuffed into a well (even shown on Al Jazeera and BBC) did not even survive to tell their harrowing tale.

The victims of Dura Du, who ended up in the murky depths of a mining pit, cannot share the sad stories of their gruesome demise.

The Beroms are the architects of their own misery; their xenophobic and clannish lack of tolerance for anything Muslim is their bane. Other tribes of the plateau live largely in peace with their "settler" neighbors.

Indeed many of the other natives of plateau live an uneasy peace with the troublesome Beroms.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Zanotee: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
It will never be well for those playing politics with the blood of the masses.

5 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Omeokachie: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Same carnage is happening in Benue today, and you have a president that is doing and saying nothing in condemning the killers, who are now emboldened to make threats of further attacks against a airing governor and the entire state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Arthurity1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
No news that comes out of Nigeria is good news!
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
God purnish those bassst.ard fulani herdsmen.. angry
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by FarahAideed: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Their blood is on Buhari head and anybody that dares voting Buhari

1 Like

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by celeiyke: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
dainformant:
A 16-year-old girl identified as Faith Thomas Gyang, a native of Berom, from Kakuruk village of Gashish District in Barkin Ladi local government area, Plateau State, was recently granted scholarship by Stefanos foundation after losing her parents to killers believed to be Fulani militants in 2012.

In a recent interview with Stefanos correspondent, Faith narrated with tears, the sad event that led to the death of her parents.

She said:

"My name is Faith Thomas Gyang. I am from Gashish District." "On Sunday, 9th November, 2012 we were at home, myself, my father and my younger brother watching film. My father then told us that, 'you know these days are bad', and he asked us to go and sleep and he prayed for us."

"Around 8pm, we heard gunshots everywhere. My father then said "these people have come". He then came out and we all came out the same time with him. As he was trying to go out, my mum stopped him. She went out first and then he followed her. My mother went behind the house while my father went to the front of the house. As he went around the front of the house, he was shot on his leg. He immediately told me that he was shot and I told him sorry. We then tried to knock on our grandmother's door so we could take cover, but then one Fulani man appeared from hiding, and suddenly the other attackers also appeared from their hiding place. On sighting them, I immediately took cover in a very small place, near some coco yam leaves."

"The Fulanis then approached my father, who could not move as a result of the gunshot wound he sustained and they shot him all over his back. They then took machetes and cut his head and his back. I was watching. 

They then shot my mother on her stomach and the bullet pierced through her stomach and hit my younger brother whom she tied on her back. My younger brother almost died but God saved him and he didn't die."

"I just feel as if my parents are here because my dad was always there for me. He wanted the best for us all, unfortunately, his life was taken away. For the past 6 years now I have not been with my parents and I'm missing them so much. I wish that one day I will see them."

Faith was so emotional at this point as she remembered the good times she had with her parents.

When asked how she feels about the whole situation, and if she has the capacity to forgive those who killed her parents, she said...

"It will be hard for me to forgive but I just have to forgive. I just have to let everything go because the past can never come back, but what I need to do now is to forget. I just want to focus on my studies. I have been praying that one day God will send someone to carry me so I can have scholarship and finally, God answered my prayer. I am really grateful to Him."

Faith is one among the 6 recent IDP children who benefited from the Stefanos Foundation's support through a donor, and scholarship given to the students.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/schoolgirl-in-tears-as-she-narrates-how-she-watched-her-parents-get-killed.html

And some people are campaigning for Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by addikt(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

She just got an opportunity to work as a spy with MI6 or the CIA which many of us have dreamed of all our lives.

Stupid African child-feminist

*spits angry

Haha, I love this grin....

Wait, they'll die as soon as possible grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by PointZerom: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

*spits angry

Don't worry your children won't live in such regret what you wish your parents will happen to their parents.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Jessica57(f): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

What the f..k are you saying...... Nawa oooo

*spits angry
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Ben4sure(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

*spits angry
If i swear for u ehn, e go catch u angry angry angry angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Ben4sure(m): 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2018
And someone will now tell me that this country doesn't need cleansing. There has been too much bloodshed and unless our bad leaders abdicate seats of power, these problems might persist. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry
God, please save my country cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Missing Elizabeth Edoukumor: Bolt Driver Surrenders To Rivers Police / Gunmen Kill Councillor, Boutique Owner, Sales Girl And Customer In Sapele (Pix) / Cool FM Staff Rapes Ex-Girlfriend In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.