Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) (36306 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Police Parade 10 Suspected Kidnappers In Plateau (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows Storm Bukuru, Plateau (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Toosure70: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
it can never be well with the land of the people that take innocent blood.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Vimcash: 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
FarahAideed:
Their blood is on Buhari head and anybody that dares voting Buhari
Did you read the news at all?
Is Buhari your president as at 2012?
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by EmirAbj: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2018
WITH THIS SAD STORY, ANYONE THAT WILL VOTE BUHARI THE PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER OF FULANI HERDSMEN COME 2019 SHALL NOT SEE PEACE, EVIL WILL NOT CEASE FROM THEIR HOME....Ameen
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
Will Grow up hating the Zoo
That's not true, to hate someone as a result of persecution is unscriptural.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Buffalowings3:

As much as I detest violence I wouldn't hesitate using one when some invaders destroy my farm and livelihood.

Sign anti grazing law
Problem solved

Jos that ought to be a tourist destination cos of the cool weather is devoid of life...
Killing everyday
Thank God I survived my service year, by now I would have become meat for that barbecue seller grin

I would also not hesitate when some clannish people rustle my herd, my only livelihood, or murder and attack me because of my tribe and religion

Beroms are not always victims; in many cases they're the aggressors
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by omoelerin1: 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.
What is to be pitied here?

She just got an opportunity to work as a spy with MI6 or the CIA which many of us have dreamed of all our lives.
Instead of her to make the most of her situation, she's weeping.

Stupid African child-feminist.

I still live in regret till date for not losing my parents as a kid.

Ingrates everywhere I go.

*spits angry
May your kids lose you at their very tender age. amen
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by omoelerin1: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Unfortunately, many here are tribal bigots and will not share your view, especially after our biased media had already sold to them the one sided story of Fulani aggressors/Berom victims - though that narrative is no longer as plausible; not after the exposure of the concealed Berom killing machinery which consumed Gen Alkali; notice how the media and Church along with their sponsored protesters have all gone quiet.
This particular story seems to have been fished out to extract maximum public sympathy for the Beroms and to redirect anger and hated towards the Fulani for political reasons in view of the approaching elections.
Let the useless Fulani share their own bitter experience too. Foolish people, they will only claim their cows were slaughtered.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by ChiefAlex(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
dainformant:
A 16-year-old girl identified as Faith Thomas Gyang, a native of Berom, from Kakuruk village of Gashish District in Barkin Ladi local government area, Plateau State, was recently granted scholarship by Stefanos foundation after losing her parents to killers believed to be Fulani militants in 2012.

In a recent interview with Stefanos correspondent, Faith narrated with tears, the sad event that led to the death of her parents.

She said:

"My name is Faith Thomas Gyang. I am from Gashish District." "On Sunday, 9th November, 2012 we were at home, myself, my father and my younger brother watching film. My father then told us that, 'you know these days are bad', and he asked us to go and sleep and he prayed for us."

"Around 8pm, we heard gunshots everywhere. My father then said "these people have come". He then came out and we all came out the same time with him. As he was trying to go out, my mum stopped him. She went out first and then he followed her. My mother went behind the house while my father went to the front of the house. As he went around the front of the house, he was shot on his leg. He immediately told me that he was shot and I told him sorry. We then tried to knock on our grandmother's door so we could take cover, but then one Fulani man appeared from hiding, and suddenly the other attackers also appeared from their hiding place. On sighting them, I immediately took cover in a very small place, near some coco yam leaves."

"The Fulanis then approached my father, who could not move as a result of the gunshot wound he sustained and they shot him all over his back. They then took machetes and cut his head and his back. I was watching. 

They then shot my mother on her stomach and the bullet pierced through her stomach and hit my younger brother whom she tied on her back. My younger brother almost died but God saved him and he didn't die."

"I just feel as if my parents are here because my dad was always there for me. He wanted the best for us all, unfortunately, his life was taken away. For the past 6 years now I have not been with my parents and I'm missing them so much. I wish that one day I will see them."

Faith was so emotional at this point as she remembered the good times she had with her parents.

When asked how she feels about the whole situation, and if she has the capacity to forgive those who killed her parents, she said...

"It will be hard for me to forgive but I just have to forgive. I just have to let everything go because the past can never come back, but what I need to do now is to forget. I just want to focus on my studies. I have been praying that one day God will send someone to carry me so I can have scholarship and finally, God answered my prayer. I am really grateful to Him."

Faith is one among the 6 recent IDP children who benefited from the Stefanos Foundation's support through a donor, and scholarship given to the students.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/schoolgirl-in-tears-as-she-narrates-how-she-watched-her-parents-get-killed.html

So touching
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by darqly(m): 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:
The fulanis of Riyom circa 2001, 2004, 2008, 2011 have similar stories.

The fulanis of Kuru Karama stuffed into a well (even shown on Al Jazeera and BBC) did not even survive to tell their harrowing tale.

The victims of Dura Du, who ended up in the murky depths of a mining pit, cannot share the sad stories of their gruesome demise.

The Beroms are the architects of their own misery; their xenophobic and clannish lack of tolerance for anything Muslim is their bane. Other tribes of the plateau live largely in peace with their "settler" neighbors.

Indeed many of the other natives of plateau live an uneasy peace with the troublesome Beroms.

This whataboutism is misplaced, especially as you have refused to put it into proper context of fulani herdsmen attacks. Going by your argument, killer herdsmen ONLY attack communities that earlier attacked them right? Like in Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Nassarawa, Kogi, Zamfara? Should I go on? The disguised attempt at fulani cum islamic hegemony, as laughable as it sounds, has been unmasked for what it truly is. And this is also on Aljazeera, BBC, CNN etc. What other Plateau "Tribes" live at peace with their settler neighbours? Pray, tell, cos at last count, fulani herdsmen don't ask you your ethnicity before they mow you down in coldblood.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Tuljaking(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

She just got an opportunity to work as a spy with MI6 or the CIA which many of us have dreamed of all our lives.

*spits angry

Aha do they know at home were gidi leyi o
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2018
darqly:

This whataboutism is misplaced, especially as you have refused to put it into proper context of fulani herdsmen attacks. Going by your argument, killer herdsmen ONLY attack communities that earlier attacked them right? Like in Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Nassarawa, Kogi, Zamfara? Should I go on? The disguised attempt at fulani cum islamic hegemony, as laughable as it sounds, has been unmasked for what it truly is. And this is also on Aljazeera, BBC, CNN etc. What other Plateau "Tribes" live at peace with their settler neighbours? Pray, tell, cos at last count, fulani herdsmen don't ask you your ethnicity before they mow you down in coldblood.

You're just an alarmist who's deeply invested in the CAN sponsored agenda of spreading paranoia

The fulanis were vilified and suddenly everyone sees herdsmen as the universal bogeyman. Herdsmen are spread across vast swathes of West Africa...why is none spreading FUD about them except in Central and southern Nigeria where christians dominate?
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Buhari's henchmen
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Buffalowings3(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:

I would also not hesitate when some clannish people rustle my herd, my only livelihood, or murder and attack me because of my tribe and religion

Beroms are not always victims; in many cases they're the aggressors
The thing just dey pain me..
I would have loved to stay there. But you look into People eyes and you see they are still afraid to live their normal lives even in Jos..
That Rukuba road can be dangerous at times...

1 Like

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by LamidicownuBSS: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:
The fulanis of Riyom circa 2001, 2004, 2008, 2011 have similar stories.

The fulanis of Kuru Karama stuffed into a well (even shown on Al Jazeera and BBC) did not even survive to tell their harrowing tale.

The victims of Dura Du, who ended up in the murky depths of a mining pit, cannot share the sad stories of their gruesome demise.

The Beroms are the architects of their own misery; their xenophobic and clannish lack of tolerance for anything Muslim is their bane. Other tribes of the plateau live largely in peace with their "settler" neighbors.

Indeed many of the other natives of plateau live an uneasy peace with the troublesome Beroms.

Terrorist u are and ur generation
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by LamidicownuBSS: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
longlong:
Stay strong girl. I gave myself break from the news for a month. Believe me I could not be happier. So many heart breaking stories, will just leave you powerless, cause they is nothing you can do

I personally respect forever
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by darqly(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:

You're just an alarmist who's deeply invested in the CAN sponsored agenda of spreading paranoia

The fulanis were vilified and suddenly everyone sees herdsmen as the universal bogeyman. Herdsmen are spread across vast swathes of West Africa...why is none spreading FUD about them except in Central and southern Nigeria where christians dominate?

Lol, now I'm an alarmist? Invested in CAN? I see you cannot logically argue this point, so throwing barbs is the next defence. Herdsmen in other parts of WA toe the line or face the law, but because Nigeria is different, we believe they deserve to follow the same grazing routes that their forefathers followed 200 yrs ago! How come y'all driving cars and using mobiles instead of mules and smoke signals then? They've been RIGHTLY designated a terrorist group, by their own actions, not the actions of their victims. Anyone who hacks a child to death over a cow, shouldn't live among humans.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
WaffenSS:

On the contrary, from Ghana to Ivory Coast to Mali to Niger to Mauritania to Senegal, they have instigated inter-ethnic violence. And it is not only in Southern and Central Nigeria they carry out their violence. It's all over the country.
Fact remains the Berom are in conflict with one group of settlers, while that same group of settlers are in conflict with dozens of host communities all across Nigeria and West Africa for their twisted sense of entitlement that people's lands, including farmlands, are theirs to commandeer. If you find the same story everywhere you go, then something is deeply wrong with you.
The most amusing thing is observing the murderous rampages of Fulani herdsmen, abetted by the Fulani-dominated national security structure and their grand patrons in politics, and the same group that are Africa's biggest troublemakers still have quite the audacity to portray themselves as victims. Hilarious, really.

1 Like

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Ganduri: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2018
I hope the Yorubas supporting this useless govt can see? The blood of these people killed by the herdmens will forever hunt you all.
You are so caught up on forcing Buhari on Nigerians not cos he is any good but your quest for 2023 ticket. but surely you all shall end up in disgrace.
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by nkor41: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2018
GOOD MORNING GOOD FRIENDS..ALWAYS BELIEVE ON YOURSELF..WE ARE BACK TO MAKE PEOPLE, HAPPY AGAIN ..ONLY THOSE THAT BELIEVE KEEP MAKING IT..HERE IS YOUR RELIABLE AND LEGIT FOR YOU TO BET AND WON BIG..BOOST YOUR ACCOUNT AND SEE DETAILS BELOW..INTERESTED CALL OR WHATSAPP

Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by Casemiro(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2018
> it is well

free

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: Schoolgirl Narrates How Her Parents Were Killed In Plateau (Photos) by TanyLoe(f): 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
Nonsense.

*spits angry

May God put you in this girl's position
Because I can see yoh have not soul

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Evangelist Found Dead In Bishop’s Hotel Room In Aba / Gunmen Kill Councillor, Boutique Owner, Sales Girl And Customer In Sapele (Pix) / 12 Gory Photos With Equally Disturbing Backstory(real Crime Scenes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.