Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity (36342 Views)

NBA Conference: Nigerians lack heroes - Chimamanda Adichie (Video) / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / ARDI Petitioned The CCB About Onnoghen Not FG - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by nnamdibig(m): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja 

If you don’t have electricity, it is not the Federal Government’s problem, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has declared.

Fashola, who disclosed this while speaking at the Nextier Power Dialogue on Wednesday night in Abuja, told his listeners that there were problems in the power sector, but reminded them that it was not the Federal Government’s problem if citizens in the country do not have electricity, especially since the sector was privatised.

He said, “There are problems without a doubt and we must deal with them. But let me remind you, all of the assets that the Ministry of Power used to control for power have been sold by the last administration before I came. And so if you don’t have power, it is not the government’s problem. Let us be honest.

“The people who are operating the power sector, generation and distribution are now privately owned companies. I am here because I am concerned. If your telephone is not working, it is not the minister of communication that you go to. Let us be very clear.”

The minister added, “So for those of you who want to weaponise electricity, face the businessmen who have taken it up. Let us be honest. If your bank over-charges you interest, is it the minister of finance you go to? So let’s be clear. This is now a private business by Act of parliament 2005.

“My role is regulatory, oversight and policy, but I have a problem which is the fact that I can’t see a problem and turn my back, so I’m getting involved. So the people you should be talking to about transformers is not me, the ministry doesn’t supply transformers anymore.”

Fashola further defended his position after another participant at the dialogue insisted that the minister supervises the ministry and that the Gencos and Discos were players under the FMPWH.

Taking a cue from the analogy given by the participant while answering the question asked, the minister said, “I think that NERC (Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission) is the referee of the game. I am FIFA (Federation of International Football Association). And it is not right as you said that FIFA gets involved, because whether the referee makes a mistake or not the goal stands.

“So the FIFA man does not enter the field to say go and change the result, but it’s an interesting analogy that I’ve also contemplated in my head and that’s why you didn’t catch me by too much surprise. However, it is important to allow the referee to continue to decide the game because investors like to know who decides.”

https://punchng.com/its-not-fgs-problem-if-nigerians-lack-electricity-fashola/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by daddytime(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
But it was the FG's problem when GEJ was the President because solving Nigeria's power lacuna isn't a rocket science (in your own words).

Yeye people wey dey talk anything wey enter their mouth.

Dem say na where old man from dey till ground dey always soft pass for small pikin eye. E go say papa side soft that's why him dey fast pass me. When you give am papa side na dat time e go come know say block and blokos, difference dey.

561 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Tecks10: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
But oga Fashola, this wasn't what you told us in 2015 oo. Why the sudden turn around?

328 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by madridguy(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
He said, “There are problems without a doubt and we must deal with them. But let me remind you, all of the assets that the Ministry of Power used to control for power have been sold by the last administration before I came. And so if you don’t have power, it is not the government’s problem. Let us be honest.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by hisgrace090: 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
Why not scrap the power ministry.

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by MetaPhysical: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
hisgrace090:
Why not scrap the power ministry.

The Power Ministry is a regulator. If you scrap it you will end up paying through your nose to get electricity from the providers as there will be no oversight on price gouging....and then you will turn around and blame it on Buhari for scrapping the regulation that kept them in check

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by chivic(m): 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2018
OK its my fault.
I have been paying exorbitant estimated Nepa bills and you said its not government fault?May be i should pay more.Nonsence

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by samfuntua: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
A little clarification: Generation and Distribution sections were sold BUT Transmission is still own and control by government 100%

madridguy:

195 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by aolawale025: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
But fashola himself blamed the previous government. So this government deserves blame too. We can not shift the post after a goal

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Racoon(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
"Always passing the buck sad-Fashola is still making more silly excuses for his ministry cluelessness and failure of the regime he is part of.

APC is still filled with incredibly stupid and senseless people.Lets remind this over-hyped SAN but turned Power Minister wonder man of all his previous utterances:

-1)."Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said the only way the country can have stable electricity is to vote out the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from power in next year’s general election."
http://thenationonlineng.net/to-have-stable-electricity-vote-out-pdp-fashola/

-2)."A serious Government will fix the power problem in six months”- Babatunde Raji Fashola 12/11/2014 .

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by ehissi(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Uu
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by LibertyRep: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
This couldn't have been the same person that castigated and lambasted the previous administration for this same power problem.

22 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by AAlozie(m): 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Very useless old fool

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
Whose problem is it then?

We know OBJ mismanaged 16 Billion Dollars with this electricity issue.
But, this is why you are in government Mr Fashola, to right the wrong!
Take it back and do the right thing.... and probed and jailed who did any wrong!
Simple!!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by AllCandytv: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
Tell me who tor bunch of criminals

True Check it out

List Of Celebrities Who Did Artificial Implants Exposed

https://candytv.ng/list-of-celebrities-who-did-artificial-implants-exposed/
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by desthan(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
It's my fault.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by nickxtra(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by martin123: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
wao
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by alawi5k: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
It is finished! grin cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by crownwealth: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Minister of darkness

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by kaen1317: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
The party of change has come again

24 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by PS712: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
He meant to say It's not FG's fault or he really means it's not her problem?
Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by AllCandytv: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
nickxtra:
See e mouth be like Moi moi

I tell u

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Nomesky: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by SIRmanjar(m): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ediat angry

Give Nigerians prepaid meter..Simple

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Blackfire(m): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Today I have perfect your(fashola) religion (fo.oli.shness)

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
to hell with fashola and fg, I don't need ur power I already have solar and generator in my home

useless pigs

26 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by tstx(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by notoriousbabe: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mad man talking

10 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by naijjaman(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isese: Kwara Police Arrest Salah Ayodeji Who Was Declared A Wanted Terrorist / Marilyn Ogar, Others Sent On 'Compulsory Retirement' / Tinubu Has Final Say On Next Lagos Governor — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.