Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

About Somorika Hills Of Edo State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / About Somorika Hills Of Edo State (38027 Views)

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock / Canada: Hellish Red-Striped Smoking Hills Which Have Been Burning For Centuries / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
egbe12:

I'm also from Ososo, okhe

I rep egbetua, but stay in iyola

2 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by asawanathegreat(m): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
That hill is where our aircrafts use to land, don't quote me oo because you understand what I mean.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
I'm using this opportunity to invite everyone to this year's OSOSOCARNIVAL .

27 - 30 December 2018

2 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by allytinted: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wow. Edo state is truly blessed cos I did my Nysc there. Beautiful views everywhere especially the interiors (rurals). I had an unforgettable experience at my ppa then. The thought of the satate still rings in my head everyday. Would love to go back someday even if for tourism.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Favor99(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Nigeria ain't worth loving, the Edo people didn't sign up for this zoo we were forced.

Remember that, your people are the ones to care for not others
We shouldn’t let their hatred, jealousy and tribalism make us think that way.
Still let’s care for all Nigerians and all people in general. We are in this together. Let’s be our brother’s keeper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by luizpippo(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
PapaBrowne:
Interesting info.
Is Somorika same as Ososo?
If no, what are the differences?
They are different places. Somorika is to the left of Igarra the LG headquarters while Ososo is to the right. There are about 7 villages in between them. Ososo is usually cool like Jos

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
More

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by allytinted: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Never knew there is always a carnival at Ososo. I only know of the age group festival in the community i served then. Also experienced the new yam festival for the first time in my life. Great experience I would live with forever. Nysc made me fall in love with the state i swear.

3 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by scopusng(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
Somorika? Juju matter no be joke. Then, their girls go just temporary seize ur prick not to work if u make dem vex.

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Lemme rest here, come and see for urself

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Binikingdowm:
please tag me and post the pics here
kindly follow ososocarnival IG

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by onimcee1(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
PapaBrowne:
Interesting info.
Is Somorika same as Ososo?
If no, what are the differences?
Ososo is different from Somorika, they are both in Akoko-Edo anyway.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
These pictures are real, no mosquitoes, cold climate, caring people... Come chop bushmeat for 'Wana Restaurant'

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Aduemeso(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
omokudu:

Omose it's my village too
Ur name is the same with my snr brother own which street are from or family
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Aduemeso:

Ur name is the same with my snr brother
own
which street are from
or family

Akpologun family bro

2 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Oruku: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Edodefender:
Somorika is a town in Akoko Edo located about five kilometers north-east of Igarra.

Somorikans are believed to be Benin warriors who reneged on a military assignment during the time of Oba Ewuare of Benin and found an independent kingdom for themselves. Their leader, Orudu is believed to have hailed from Usilowa quarters of Benin.

Somorika is known across Nigeria and beyond for it spiritual shrines where people all over the world come for all manner of physical and spiritual healings.

To get there would mean ascending seven hills, each hill has its own uniqueness and they all have names. Ogundugundu is the longest and highest of them all.

The natural rocky ascents that go as high as 1700 feet interspersed at unequal intervals that fill the borders of the village.

As with many ancient settlements, it has a lot of mysteries, history and works of art which are not man-made.

One of such geological wonders is the Oriakpe – the big rock wearing a little cap shaped like a human fingernail. Whether natural or not, these works, rocks, caves and springs can compete with any tourist destination in any part of the world.

It houses natural rocky ascents that go as high as 1700 feet which are interspersed at roughly unequal intervals that fill the borders of the village.

Somorika also contain artificial rocky hangers that served as formidable defenses for the Somorikans during the British assault of 1904. These formations of boulders like smooth topped rocks appear to have been concentrated at the summit of the Kukuruku hills.

Somorika was reputed to have served as relaxation and vacation spots for British officers and their families during the colonial era due to its exciting landscape.

Mynd44

Stop misinformation! That picture is Ososo not Somorika
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Oruku: 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2018
PapaBrowne:
Interesting info. Is Somorika same as Ososo? If no, what are the differences?
no mind the op, this Ososo
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by AbokiAlhaji1: 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hahaha hahaha.... I am doing real good. My brother no fall my hand for public nah.... I hope to learn more if it isn't too late Sha... Peace.
omokudu:

Ojome onogbe ke?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by AbokiAlhaji1: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
The bushmeat supplier to Wana is late hope you know cry cry cry
omokudu:
These pictures are real, no mosquitoes, cold climate, caring people... Come chop bushmeat for 'Wana Restaurant'
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Binikingdowm: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
AbokiAlhaji1:
The bushmeat supplier to Wana is late hope you know cry cry cry
are you muslim?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by naturefellow(m): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

That's an oxbow lake and meander...I remember my geography class/teacher (Mr. Ajani) in the secondary school days...
Is this actually in Nigeria?

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wiinnd:
Are you from Edo state? Why are you perturbed?
If am from there nkor undecided does that mean it should be linked to witchcraft or winch non dey una village?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by AbokiAlhaji1: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
No. Christian.. Grew up in the north sha
Binikingdowm:
are you muslim?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Binikingdowm: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
naturefellow:
Is this actually in Nigeria?
I see error
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Jayslicky: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
That's my hometown.

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Binikingdowm: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
AbokiAlhaji1:
No. Christian.. Grew up in the north sha
oh I saw aboki, thought you were a muslim

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by kwakwakwa(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Proudly Igarra - Enetuno

Dad and Mum house along somorika road.

3 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by principal21(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
Binikingdowm:
same name
Noooooo!!!! Somorika and Ososo are two distinct communities in the same local government area
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Abiodunstephen(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
the only tourist in Somorika is ayelala shrine nothing more forget the other things
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Abiodunstephen(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
the only tourist in Somorika is ayelala shrine nothing more forget the other things
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Benevee: 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
standfit5:
You are right. I have been to Plateau and I can tell so much about Ososo is ma villa

where in Ososo , I rep ikpena.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
Things like this are so much in plataeu state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Execujet: Why Sam Iwuajoku Lost His Cool / Massive Rainfall And Storm Hits Dubai UAE (pics/video) / Hilux Van Kills Woman After Running Into Her Shop In Port-Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.