Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

About Somorika Hills Of Edo State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / About Somorika Hills Of Edo State (38017 Views)

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock / Canada: Hellish Red-Striped Smoking Hills Which Have Been Burning For Centuries / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Binikingdowm: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2018
DateMynd44:
that pics you just uploaded are hills of Kogi state and not Edo state.
I'm from Edo but I can tell u that there is no single tourist attraction place in this state asides from a certain stream port located at Gelegele
suicide is loading grin

2 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Binikingdowm: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2018
luckingto50:

Don't say what u don't know about. I grew up in Igarra and Somorika Hill is 100% sure.
that dude is an igbo guy, good things about Edo state give them blood pressure

2 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by DateMynd44(m): 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
streetzdreamz:
indigenes are really aggressive,gets violent unprovoked......... we got pelted with stones the last time we visited,even after getting a go ahead from the chiefs.
serious?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
streetzdreamz:
indigenes are really aggressive,gets violent unprovoked......... we got pelted with stones the last time we visited,even after getting a go ahead from the chiefs.

What will it benefit you... Stop lying

4 Likes

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Priceless200(f): 1:09am On Dec 15, 2018
This hill. I can never forget.

Gly 401 - Geology of Africa and Geology of Nigeria practical/field trip for all schools in Nigeria. I doubt any student offering Geology as a course in any Nigerian school have not visited this hill.

Ugwona, of ANSU shaa anywhere you dey, God will continue to punish you for scoring some people 'F' after all the semolika Igarra stress. Sighss.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Favor99(m): 4:15am On Dec 15, 2018
AbokiAlhaji1:
It's also my village... But won't be coming home this Christmas... No parents to have fun with again.. cry cry cry cry
Don’t worry about it bro. God will bless you. You will find great joy and happiness this Christmas.

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by itzemar(m): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Edo state and it's people are too blessed abeg

Edo ni Mose
These pictures are from OSOSO not Somorika..
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2018
DateMynd44:
I'm from Edo but I can tell u that there is no single tourist attraction place in this state asides from a certain stream port located at Gelegele

You obviously have never visited Akoko-Edo. Those hills actually stretch across the Southwestern parts of Kogi, the Northeastern parts of Ondo and the Northwestern part of Edo which is Akoko-Edo in this case. But the most scenic, most fascinating and highest point of that range of hills are located in the Edo State section and that exactly is what the OP's pictures show you... though his first and second uploads are Idanre hills hence an error. You can use Google search to see it yourself.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 6:48am On Dec 17, 2018
luckingto50:

Don't say what u don't know about. I grew up in Igarra and Somorika Hill is 100% sure.

Exactly. He appears as one of those Edo South Senatorial District natives who have never visited Edo-North.
I recall the day I met one Bini guy who was in Igarra for the first time. He was so scared by the precarious manner in which nature arranged the boulders of the rocky hills one on top of the other that he kept asking me for assurance that they would not fall on him and crush him. When I took him to Somorika his scare skyrocketed on our way as we ascended the very steep roads just beside the imposing hills with a bike.
But after spending about five days in Igarra and environs he got adapted to it all.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2018
DateMynd44:

Edo is one of the very few states that cut across nearly all the different vegetation and landform belts found in Nigeria from the deltaic to the rainforest to the montane to the hilly savannah.
Other examples are Cross River and Ondo. So stop thinking that You can't find those rocky granite hills in Edo.
Have you ever wondered why there is abundant marble, limestone and Kaolin in Edo North?
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2018
sagitariusbaby:
These places from Somorika to Igarra to Ososo are called Kukuruku hills in geography. Nothing like Ososo or Somorika hills in Nigeria geography. Both are modern terms used by the indigenous people living there who knows nothing about the term "Kukuruku"
Wrong! they are divided by nature into sections named after the towns into which they fall hence the names Igarra Hills, Somorika Hills and Ososo Hills which are even in the range of Akpata Hills.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by DateMynd44(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
Priceless200:

Gly 401 - Geology of Africa and Geology of Nigeria practical/field trip for all schools in Nigeria. I doubt any student offering Geology as a course in any Nigerian school have not visited this hill.

Ugwona, of ANSU shaa anywhere you dey, God will continue to punish you for scoring some people 'F' after all the semolika Igarra stress. Sighss.
Choi this one strong
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by streetzdreamz(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
omokudu:

What will it benefit you... Stop lying
actually the cavity up your neck isn't there for fashion,make good use of it! I only shared my experience either you accept it or not is your kettle of fish.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by streetzdreamz(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
DateMynd44:
serious?
yes,it was a geological field trip.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by streetzdreamz(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
Favor99:

Lol. Liar.. Slander. Sounds like a giant load of bull crap to me.
Nairaland needs rules prohibiting slander
if you are from the town,why don't you just tell your youths to be a lil more accommodating, its not as if I'm ever going to set foot on that soil again.......BTW you need an education, so because I aired my bad experience I automatically became a liar,na half wits full this forum.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
streetzdreamz:
yes,it was a geological field trip.
you're studying geology? same with this girl below

Priceless200:

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by omokudu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
streetzdreamz:
actually the cavity up your neck isn't there for fashion,make good use of it! I only shared my experience either you accept it or not is your kettle of fish.

If u decide to use urs this way, good for u...
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Favor99(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
streetzdreamz:
if you are from the town,why don't you just tell your youths to be a lil more accommodating, its not as if I'm ever going to set foot on that soil again.......BTW you need an education, so because I aired my bad experience I automatically became a liar,na half wits full this forum.
I’m not from that town but I can sense when some tribalistic person tries making lies. The day someone starts making lies and slandering your tribe all over social media is the day your eyes will clear
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by streetzdreamz(m): 5:30am On Dec 21, 2018
Favor99:

I’m not from that town but I can sense when some tribalistic person tries making lies. The day someone starts making lies and slandering your tribe all over social media is the day your eyes will clear
lol,a tribalist indeed! a state that borders my tribe,that speaks same language as mine, you should get another term....you don't wanna know how it feels like,having blisters all over your feet due to rigorous mapping activities, only to be met with such....I bet you'll sing the towns praises if you were in my shoes, your last sentence though,seems you are new on nairaland,I'm done replying you.
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Aduemeso:
Mad man
Say what you know
I'm from Somorika
Ok
good evening bro I would like to visit the sharin plz can u help
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by sulakishop(m): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2020
The place will be interesting ; are there lodgings where strangers can stay?

How can someone get a vehicle to the town from Benin City please
Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 1:58am On Nov 17, 2020
sulakishop:
The place will be interesting ; are there lodgings where strangers can stay?

How can someone get a vehicle to the town from Benin City please
Yes you can find a lot of affordable hotels to lodge in Igarra.
From Benin City at Ikpoba slope take a vehicle going to Auchi and on arrival in Auchi take a bike to Igarra park where you will get a vehicle to Igarra.
In Igarra you lodge in any of the hotels and from there you can be visiting Somorika Ososo and Igarra hills and return to the hotel in the evenings.

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Etrusen(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
DateMynd44:

please stop lieing and deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: About Somorika Hills Of Edo State by Aduemeso(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hizzy:

good evening bro I would like to visit the sharin
plz can u help
Really bro
Call me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Rainfall And Storm Hits Dubai UAE (pics/video) / Execujet: Why Sam Iwuajoku Lost His Cool / Where Can I Rent A Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.