Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (59936 Views)

Isaac Fayose: Atiku Plans To Install Emirs In Southern Nigeria / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
Danelo:
The white men knew Igbos were far too sensible than the Northerners so they gave power to ABOK!S who they knew were gullible.

See them looking like camels.

That makes me remember the resistance that the Igbos had against slavery, most of them fought bravely till the very end.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Danelo:
The white men knew Igbos were far too sensible than the Northerners so they gave power to ABOK!S who they knew were gullible.

See them looking like camels.

You mean the time when your people were moving about in animal skin and engaging in cannibalism while the northerners already had a system of govt and were reading and writing in Arabic? dude, go and learn history. Igbos started wearing clothes less than 120 years agocheesy while our northern ancestors were already writing books in the 1660s.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

BTW what do you mean by illiterate?

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf

Well, I'll have appreciated your answer is you had at least provided a source...... But no.... There's no reference
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Bridget95(f): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Nigeria is a country of the Northern people, dominated by Northerners and created for the North.

Nigeria is a failed British experiment. A third-world country founded to the advantage of the Northern elites. SW, SE and SS people are nothing but minorities. Nigeria is not our home. We're just passing through.
unfortunately only the northerns and south easterners know this fact others are living in denial and fools paradise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by sweerychick(f): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
Words of a Failure,blame the dead because you are a living Zombie,they should have sent you to an oyibo woman's womb,i wonder why the demonic angel brought you to Nigeria of all places?suffer suffer for world enjoy for heaven?

Lord Lugrd will never find peace in death just like you will never find peace in the land of the living in this our great country given to us by the British called Nigeria. Misinformed Failure.
actually I support what he said, if you weren't ignorant of our history, you will know that almagamating us with the north was a pure strategy for the British to rob Nigeria of it's natural treasures.. we have nothing in common with the northerners, an average moslem northerner don't believe in Western education and all modern civility. I personally will shoot lugard and the British for uniting us with people we have no common history with..

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by kennieG(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
Lord Lugard with his ass licken northern stooges

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by geesilver(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
this romance was the Genesis of Nigerian problem

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
even in death lugard wil not rest in peace for uniting biafra and nigeria.rest in pieces mudafucker

10 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Ttipsy(f): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
Just the way Lord Lugard prepared Nigeria for your coming and you and your ancestors foolishly came,is the same way he has prepared hell for your ancestors,you & your descendants.
what's your problem pig?? r u a brother to Lugard ?? wtf
abeg face ur front oo. prepared a place for who?? so you r stupidly happy about the present situation of this con3? counts failure in all its ramifications. Don't quote me again ? Animal. he already prepared an everlasting Paradise agonizing hell for both you and your fellow illiterate Nigerians, ancestors n descendants..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by rexwalters: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

What fuckīng goodwill. Lugard was a filthy buccaneer
)Your ancestors that were cannibals?you have a lot to be thankful to the white man for,If nothing,for bringing civilization,even a 104 years after amalgamation can we really say you are civilized Congo Man?.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Homeboiy: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nigeria is a British artificial creation

I know say lugard dey hell by now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
Judybash93:

Well, I'll have appreciated your answer is you had at least provided a source...... But no.... There's no reference

What prove or reference do you need?

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by DemonInSiege: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

BTW what do you mean by illiterate?

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf

Zombie the British did it for their selfish interest,

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by rexwalters: 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ttipsy:
what's your problem pig?? r u a brother to Lugard ?? wtf
abeg face ur front oo. prepared a place for who?? so you r stupidly happy about the present situation of this con3? counts failure in all its ramifications. Don't quote me again ? Animal
Ok,sorry your Lordship before I quote you no more just for the records,it is Lord Lugard of the British Empire that caused your poverty problem not President Buhari and Apc?
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

Ka bar wawa mana ba inda yaje fa maybe ma yana chan cikin Kurmi zai zo yace ya zauna a Arewa.

These people never sieze to amaze me with their pathological lie.

It is in their blood. Namdi kanu has taught them that is okay to create lies and believe in the lies themselves. makaryatan banza

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
God forsaken Europeans?but Monday morning you will be the 1st in line at the French embassy struggling for shengen visa?

I've lived in Europe and I've seen why Africa turned out to be what it is today! I'm back in my country and I'm trying the best to make a living out of what i have.. Europe actually milked Africa out of everything we had. You could read stuffs about Leopold II and you'll see the crimes that he alone perpetrated against the people of central Africa, the French against most part of West Africa, the Germans against those in West, central and southern Africa.. Have you realized that the current map of most countries that we have today was actually drawn by Europeans to fulfill their dreams.. So, yes, they bleeped us up and people will still move there because there ain't nothing here to look up to.... The leaders here today are more like the old slave traders who captured their own people so as to sell them to the European slave traders...

We lost our history to them.... They got us bleeped up...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by yomi96(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
abduljabbar4:

You are nothing but liar. A ina ka zauna a kaf arewa? This is what your bigoted eastern brothers who have never left the eroded region always say about the north.

Firstly, violence is never restricted to the north. Just a few weeks ago we saw how the supposedly "civilized" easterners were beheading themselves in the name if cult wars.

Secondly, most of the maisuyas that you see as illiterates actually know how to read and write in arabic. Only a few of my Islamic teachers know how to read or write in English but it is a completely different case in Arabic so stop lying.

Thirdly, no one discriminates against Yoruba Muslims. We have a popular imam already who leads Friday prayers. He is entirely Yoruba. At least you should have waited for them to complain about the discrimination first. Why cry more than the bereaved? Why do Hausa musicians and Imams pray for Abiola?

Isnt it surprising that you could remember the blunder of zamfara state's governor but cant remember when your stupid brothers were waiting for Israel and trump to nuke Nigeria? or when your people were very foolishly being decieved by a Turkish nobody? or when your people were bathing with salt water to cure ebola? or when your people were eating grass because jesus asked them to?

Illiteracy, violence or whatever is universal. Even if you go China you will still find it their. Stop being a bigot and a liar

every one against your cringe,sick ideology and barbaric culture is igbo. You can deceive others not me, you can sit down in your hut and type gibberish.I have been to all the northern states. from tudunwada in Kano,azere in bauchi potiskum,up-to lake Chad.Kano and it's counterparts are perfect examples, in their hypocrisy they destroy beers but share in the tax.

No matter what, you can never compare the life of the average southern Muslim to that of the average northern muslim. That is one who, instead of going to work, spends his time in the mosque reading and chanting "la ila ila la" as if that will put food in his stomach.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by tasteofcash: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Sirjamo:
If I have to point out sarcasm to you, you have no right being on my mention.

FYI I am a proud Omoluabi from the state of Osun
tell ur governor to pay workers
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by manikspears: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Please I need an answer to this question:

Modified:

My question is still begging for an answer

They were waring states back then the igbos were fighting for superiority amongst themselves, the yorubas were fighting the oyo empire then, Lagos just started enjoying peace under the rain of the first king dosumu after his father and his rival (who happens to be jide kosoko and adekunle gold's ancestor) just finished their war.only the north were settled back then.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2018
Racoon:
The problem and trouble with Nigeria from 1914 till date.For amalgamating reasonable Nigerians with brutes & barbaric humanity, Lord Lugard will never find peace even in death.

Yes indeed, brutes and barbaric humanity who are known to kill and eat human beings a.k.a Cannibals, breed and sell themselves like animals in baby factories; kill and trade in human body parts for rituals; rape and impregnate own daughters; while crime and immorality is second nature to them.
May God punish Lord Lugard for joining us with such barbarians.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
)Your ancestors that were cannibals?you have a lot to be thankful to the white man for,If nothing, for bringing civilization,even a 104 years later after amalgamation can we really say you are civilized Congo Man?.

Wow. I can't believe people as ignorant as yourself still exist. What tribe are you? Probably Ibo.

This is just for your information though: my ancestors were never cannibals. I don't know which part of Africa you come from, so it's probable your forebears ate human flesh. Mine never did.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

What prove or reference do you need?

Please, drop a quote from a reliable article or something solid that one could hold up to

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by AnanseK(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
BOOMnaija:
See as all those mallam be like ram for im side..

Aboki will always be aboki...haggard set of animals with backward mentality...unfortunately i av to put up with dem and call them fellow nigerians, thanks to lugard!

Your people would appear naked if they were in this picture. The had not learnt to wear cloth at Lugard’s time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
When the going was the best.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Shuugar98(f): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
This is the man that laid the foundation of the british slave camp called Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by DemonInSiege: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
abduljabbar4:

It is in their blood. Namdi kanu has taught them that is okay to create lies and believe in the lies themselves. makaryatan banza

Just like prophet muhammad taught you to lie and kill

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by nigeriapenmedia: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:
Lord Frederick Lugard with Northern Nigeria Emirs at London 1934, waiting to be presented to King George V of England.

God bless Lugard you will always be remembered for your goodwill.

God bless Nigeria

The northern chief has nothing to offer to Nigeria. Since power was Giver to the illiterate it now toxicating them till this day.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
)Your ancestors that were cannibals?you have a lot to be thankful to the white man for,If nothing,for bringing civilization,even a 104 years after amalgamation can we really say you are civilized Congo Man?.

Oh Lord! This is one of the reasons why it'll be very difficult for us as Africans to develop. We hate ourselves, we hate our own history, we just detest the fact that we're born as Africans. The first thing that we should do is to try to learn where we're from and appreciate it. We weren't cannibals.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
Judybash93:

Please, drop a quote from a reliable article or something solid that one could hold up to

I can do that but pls be more specific. What do you want me to drop.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Judybash93(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

I can do that but pls be more specific. What do you want me to drop.

Drop something like.. According to Abubarka (1834) in his book "Reasons why the British empire approached the Hausa", the part of Africa which is known as bla bla bla and stuff....

With that, we can double check

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
sapoyoro:

odenson

and the northernes are still the most backward, extremely backward.
and the south remains miles peaceful and prosperous.
mind u,I'm from osun too,just not an apooda like you.

Peaceful through cannibalism, skull mining, ritual killing, robbery and so many atrocities that are committed daily by your kinsmen?

If that's what you called civilization and Peace, I wholeheartedly rebuke it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Gives "Christmas Package" To His Constituents (Pictures) / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / Obiageli Mazi Promoted To Assistant Headmistress By Governor Zulum In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.