Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. (33070 Views)

How Do I Save My Friend From The Claws Of A Manipulative Woman? / 11 Signs That He Sees You As His Future Wife / These 11 Signs Show That You Are Good In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by ibori1(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
tongue
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by BabaIbo: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
Women, chai!

An average girl/lady has these traits, and the guy go dey form smart and sharp guy... cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Biglittlelois(f): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
kenodrill:

Àre you as beautiful as the pics on ur profile?

Lol, that's my cartoon painting.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Zanxx(f): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
He will stock the fridge and kitchen with food, then get new movies. There is food, eat what you like and watch movies. He then switches on the cctv camera, goes out and locks me in till he gets back.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by respectk(f): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
THANK GOD I LEFT...........
Exactly.... Thats how they behave
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by LZAA: 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2018
If u dy bad r/ship and u try fixing it but she/he no gree,u beta run o
Most of these stories that touch na bad r/ship oh
Roger3D knows grin
Cc immhotep sarrki velocity25 DaBullIT
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Lothario(m): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
women are usually the accomplice

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
SAI AtikuObi for better Nigeria
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by kenodrill: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Lol, that's my cartoon painting.

Smile....nice work of art.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by AmazingELixir: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
sad

Lemme struggle and read this through.... my Patience quotient deminish with excessively long thread..

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by MallamAhmed: 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
Richdad50:
Dear Men,
A woman is fully capable of being faithful. Temptation is not her weakness, all she wants is love, attention, honesty and loyalty. Before she cheats, she will wine, cry, and complain about all the things that makes her unhappy. Pay attention to your woman and never make her feel single or she will act as such.

Dear Ladies,
Don’t marry that Man who singles you out from the world. Marry the one to whom you are the world. Such a person is hard to find but easy to love. Such a spouse will stand by your side when the whole world is against you. Why? Because you are their whole world.

#Richdad
story. Even if you do all that to a woman when they are ready to cheat,you wont even know

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Freeko4: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Sheflex4real(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
Being calm always does not always means being manipulative..... So people are just Naturally calm.. irrespective of the company they are keeping at a time.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by LWFashion(f): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
theoptimist298:
An average lady embodies all those characteristics
Men are the worst victims Lol kiss
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by LWFashion(f): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
Richard080555:
See post below ����
You should have been a billionaire by now....so why involve others
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
The number one thing is someone who loves actually listens to you and takes time to check on you not talk over you or drowning you

It can be family too not always boyfriend and girlfriend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
dingbang:
6. Playing the victim

Let me paint a scenario for you. You and your partner get into a fight. no matter who was in the wrong, what was said, or what actually went down, your partner is just heartbroken and can't believe you'd hurt them like that. Even if your partner is actually the one who did something wrong, and no matter how you reacted. You're always apologizing Your partner is always hurt and helpless and in need of attention and extra love. It's a way to make you feel like you're a bad, unworthy partner and for them to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.

What to do

Apologize for what you feel you need to apologize for. Don't give in to your partner's constant attempts to shame you into falling on your sword. Say things like, "I am really sorry I got upset and raised my voice. That was uncalled for. but I won't apologize for being upset about what you did. Here's how that made me feel."

This only happens when people lack the maturity to actually be sorry for their actions or continue to exhibit the previous traits that caused the argument

It triggers the other persons insecurities sort of like ....here we go again

Everything is down to communication sometimes men manipulate this one thing more than women and it’s sad because they know the can

If a man was raised around wolves he will exhibit wolf like mannerisms same as women we all come from somewhere we all have parents that love us they were people before you came let your meeting people elevate them not drag them on the ground

I will always love my guy but I won’t lie to him and be all rosy without saying my mind because I expect the same from him even when he’s nfry I expect him to be considerate. We are a couple that talked about our fears and though it hurt me some of it came to life but I appreciate the experience. Love is either you stay or you continue to threaten to Go

Maturity is recognizing that there’s no one to blame in a game but we can ask how did I contribute to where we are

See today I spent 5 hours configuring ICloud apple to about 4 different customer service pepppe it was the last one that actually new what happened turned out they had put DND on my phone simple thing that takes 5 mins 3 people didn’t bother to ask and troubleshoot same as relationships some just don’t bother to go all the way with you because it’s actually scary giving someone the power to either build or destroy your love.

instead of people to say when you meet I don’t know how to love show me they will almost change the love in your heart out of Fear resist it please there is real love and it doesn’t need money to thrive it needs a caring and thoughtful heart that doesn’t give up easily on both sides

Everyone has great qualities and bad it’s what you see when you see them that sticks

Boo said once I was the first to really trust him completely lol I don’t need video evidence of where you are but our issues are when you lie to me and you know God has told me already don’t just extend the lie be honest and forth right about it

2 Likes

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by JoseRaji(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
helinues:
Woman are not smart but good manipulator.

I was forming Mr smart but until my eyes open.
If you believe this totally, you're still not smart.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by TGMISKY(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
Actually people don't seem to understand the term 'relationship'. Today, people just use relationship as an excuse to say "I want to be commiting furnication with just this person". I guess that's why we have so many abusive relationships.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
My current girlfriend is an expert manipulator. This article is for her.
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by toscolee(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=Zanxx post=73868064]He will stock the fridge and kitchen with food, then get new movies. There is food, eat what you like and watch movies. He then switches on the cctv camera, goes out and locks me in till he gets back. [/quote

Stop being materialistic and you will be free
Let him know that you love him, not his money
Demand respect..
Respect yourself...both sexes will disregard any partner with low self esteem
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by Zanxx(f): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=toscolee post=73872269][/quote]

lol who told you i am materialistic? I loved him with no strings attached. His insecurities made him act that way because his ex wife and girlfriends all cheated on him. I thought he would change, unfortunately he didn't so i left. Its amazing how some of you draw conclusions

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by toscolee(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
Zanxx:

lol who told you i am materialistic? I loved him with no strings attached. His insecurities made him act that way because his ex wife and girlfriends all cheated on him. I thought he would change, unfortunately he didn't so i left. Its amazing how some of you draw conclusions

Sorry
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by 1Sharon(f): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
Nice thread OP. Deep stuff, this can happen with parents and friends too.

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by dingbang(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
1Sharon:
Nice thread OP. Deep stuff, this can happen with parents and friends too.
thanks so much. You are right about that too
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by TanyLoe(f): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Richdad50:
Dear Men,
A woman is fully capable of being faithful. Temptation is not her weakness, all she wants is love, attention, honesty and loyalty. Before she cheats, she will wine, cry, and complain about all the things that makes her unhappy. Pay attention to your woman and never make her feel single or she will act as such.

Dear Ladies,
Don’t marry that Man who singles you out from the world. Marry the one to whom you are the world. Such a person is hard to find but easy to love. Such a spouse will stand by your side when the whole world is against you. Why? Because you are their whole world.

#Richdad

God bless you
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by TanyLoe(f): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
I guess your posting from experience?

And what will you call a man who loves breaking up and coming back asking for forgiveness?
And are you in a relationship?
Re: 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. by TanyLoe(f): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
dingbang:
6. Playing the victim

Let me paint a scenario for you. You and your partner get into a fight. no matter who was in the wrong, what was said, or what actually went down, your partner is just heartbroken and can't believe you'd hurt them like that. Even if your partner is actually the one who did something wrong, and no matter how you reacted. You're always apologizing Your partner is always hurt and helpless and in need of attention and extra love. It's a way to make you feel like you're a bad, unworthy partner and for them to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.

What to do

Apologize for what you feel you need to apologize for. Don't give in to your partner's constant attempts to shame you into falling on your sword. Say things like, "I am really sorry I got upset and raised my voice. That was uncalled for. but I won't apologize for being upset about what you did. Here's how that made me feel."

I am or was in a relationship with a guy
The truth I don't know if we have broken up yet
He hurts you with words but won't apologize and even if he's at fault he won't still apologize
He makes you trust him and then he used it against you
Dose that mean he is a manipulator?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Celebrate Val With Your Lover If You Are Broke / What's The Funniest Thing Someone Has Said To You During Sex? / Fate Of Ada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.