Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? (13083 Views)

Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? / How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Kereokwu(f): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
Always make food from the house and carry to work. That has been my biggest saving tips. Do all the big cookings(soups and stews) weekends, have food stuffs. If possible you can take breakfast before leaving for work so that your food will be lunch. It's healthier and very economical and with time it won't be stressful.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Mutemenot(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
TheManOfTheYear:
Omoh. I dey buy roasted yam 300 from mama chidinma, that's enough for my belle in the afternoon
Roasted yam 300? Is that how things has gone worst ? I remember 50 0r 100 yam used to be more than enough for me.. cry

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by MsGood(f): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
UNCLE, LEARN TO COOK. IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY. #1200 soup can feed you for two days.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Saintpaul2477: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:
Okay morning nlanders, omo please how do you guys manage your money to feed at work? I have been spending so much at work lately... First nah Pap and Akara for 200 Naira, by 11 a.m I don buy jellof rice goat meat and two round about for 500 Naira, by 3 I don buy fried yam and eggs for 500 Naira...

I think this is to much for me. Is there a way I can minimize money or properly you recommend something strong to hold my tummy for me?

Buy 200# beans
200# bread
100# Pepsi

Thanks me later

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by samlake(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Just eat a good food once and continue the rest at home...
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Uyi168: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
If possible, endeavor to eat ur breakfast before leaving for work..
For launch, snacks should do..
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
baratech:
Gala and Coca-Cola is OK...

U should have asked how much op is earning first
Gala is how much X 26 days
Coke is how much X 26 day

Wat of transportation......?
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Evalove77(m): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
4 me? I cook in d house. I eat in d morning. Then, I use #50 gala in d afternoon. Then, d next is night. Honestly, I save a lot of money. Just try that, it will help u to save, bro. #Lol# money matter, Buhari time. U have to be very careful with ur spending. Enjoy ur day!
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Pruwa: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
I also had this issue sometime ago
What I do is to try and set my alarm for 4am
Prepare my breakfast and lunch
So I can save some money
Trust it is stressful but with time u will adapt to it

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Maxdiamond(m): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
onemanarmy:

I want to believe you don’t stay in Lagos...get home by 4pm I love your routine..it’s a very nice one..
I base in Lagos and I work with federal ministry of health. I close by 4pm and I live closer to my working place. Thank u

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by 1miccza: 3:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
OP i simply bring my food from home, before i leave my house i eat just a bit and package the rest, then during my break i consume the rest....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Maxdiamond(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
justmi1:
you get home by 4pm, you can't be in lagos.
I live in Lagos and I live closer to my working place. I close 4pm daily because am a federal worker.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by adedayourt(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
baratech:

Taking day everyday is damaging to health
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by adedayourt(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mac2016:
Coffee and Gala(or Bread) in the money is okay. Thats 250 Naira

Then maybe Swallow in the Afternoon. That shdnt reasonably exceed 500 Naira

Total of N750 shd be okay for a single day.

And plan to marry quickly so you can stop eating junks!!!

Dat kind of expensive

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by jeff1607(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
eat by 7am, another by 1pm and by 5pm another before heading home then suya things lol
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
baratech:

Slow poison

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Get a small deep freezer. Make soups, stew and beans. Endeavour to always have dinner at home.
If you have power problem, get I pass my nebor for the freezer.

U can actually do without breakfast and lunch. It's training and with time your system will adapt to that.
Onceafter work, have a hearty dinner.
Treat yourself during weekend.

U eat to live not live to eat.

Children and old people can eat 3 times a day.
Or, are you having pregnancy craving?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Maxdiamond(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=MsGood post=73840834]UNCLE, LEARN TO COOK. IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY. #1200 soup can feed you for two day. ok
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Protein0: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:
Okay morning nlanders, omo please how do you guys manage your money to feed at work? I have been spending so much at work lately... First nah Pap and Akara for 200 Naira, by 11 a.m I don buy jellof rice goat meat and two round about for 500 Naira, by 3 I don buy fried yam and eggs for 500 Naira...

I think this is to much for me. Is there a way I can minimize money or properly you recommend something strong to hold my tummy for me?

You can't have savings with this eating habit except if your earnings commensurate with it.

If you're the "regular" paid worker that comes to mind o, 3 square meals between dawn and 3pm is too much. Haba!

Best way to cut down expenses on feeding.... Buy foodstuffs and cook. Only buy snacks outside when necessary sef

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Ryocaj(m): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Y do u work n earn money? its 2 take care of urself.. Eat well n look gud.. As far as u still save frm wats left.. there is no harm.. I c nothing wrong..
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by armadeo(m): 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:

You eat too much.

Get a hobby.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by tintedniggz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Fam just eat and stay peaceful
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Bakrabas: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:

As a legit hustler I've eliminated launch from my daily meals

I usually eat poff poff #100 at least thrice in every working week

In the afternoon nothing and evening bread #80 beans #50

But today alhamdulilah... I'm now an entrepreneur, the road to success is rough and always under construction.

I pray and I work very hard.... I don't drink I don't partying

I'm the C.E.O of Abasswealth Foundation... I'm into transportation business.

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Donbigi2(m): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
sassysure:
Get a small deep freezer. Make soups, stew and beans. Endeavour to always have dinner at home.
If you have power problem, get I pass my nebor for the freezer.

U can actually do without breakfast and lunch. It's training and with time your system will adapt to that.
Onceafter work, have a hearty dinner.
Treat yourself during weekend.

U eat to live not live to eat.

Children and old people can eat 3 times a day.
Or, are you having pregnancy craving?
Missing morning meal is very dangerous pls.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by suco01(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
U sabi chop oo. if you're prudent in spending #500 okay during working hours after your breakfast.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Eagba(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
baratech:
Instead of that just take water and fruits. Its more healthy, cheaper will better build your cell stamina better against hunger
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by femi4: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:

Take food along from home...learn to cook, its cheaper and healthier
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by OCTAVO: 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uncle, you dey chop o.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Allaboutkatiee(f): 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
I use to experience this same issue cuz I normally leave for work very early, lemme say 6am
So I find it hard to cook and end up spending much, although mine isn't up 1200 like op said
But now I've adjusted ,I cook from the house and buy food only ones.

Op try to discipline yourself to follow this routine
It helps alot.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by samuelchimmy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
i eat 600daily at work,im thinking of cutting it down to 400 come 2019 grin grin but my spirit is telling me i will blow in 2019 so no need

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by shedy03(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mutemenot:
cry Buhari has visited this man's pocket . It shall be well bro. Just amend, days of PDP when things were going better has gone. The change is indeed very hot grin
Good to know some people appreciate PDP era. Compared with this hot change, it was like heaven.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by shedy03(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
samuelchimmy:
i eat 600daily at work,im thinking of cutting it down to 400 come 2019 grin grin but my spirit is telling me i will blow in 2019 so no need
May we blow in 2019., Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? / Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? / What's Your Favorite Breakfast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.