Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki (6691 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Berle: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2018
Hello all,

I just moved into a new apartment but have my reservations about the water. The water is brownish in colour(especially when it has just been pumped). Does bathing and washing with this kind of water have any adverse effects. Heard it spoils clothes if used to launder and also makes people darker if used to bathe. Can anyone confirm this please? Also, is there any way I can treat my own water personally as the other tenants seem to be okay with the water from the tank. Is there a chemical I can drop in my water to make it clear. Thanks

Location isn't phase 1 as I heard the water is worse there.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by kunleweb: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2018
Stingy.landlord. after.collecting a.lofty sum. There ought to.be a water treatment.tank to treqt the water cited next to.the water sorqge tank beforenit is sent.to the apartment. Forget.cooking.and.washing with the water. Forget it

Get.yourself a.geepee tank.and buy water.from.supply.companies. or.find out if there hiuses close.to.you have a source.of.purer water. If they do,dig a.borehole.subject.to.agreement.with the property owner,erect a watwr purification chamber.and youre.good. if you try escaping this saying ita bot your house,you'll pay instalmentally buuing purer water elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2018
Welcome to lekki
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by ObaKlaz: 9:12am On Dec 14, 2018
Sometimes, I wonder how you all cope in Lagos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2018
When I was still running my Uber/Taxify hustle. I once picked up a rider in the evening around Tiamiyu Savage Street in V.I and she was going to Lekki.

Her name is Toyin & she was very friendly, so we got talking.

She started by saying she was sick & tired of the Lekki traffic.

I said I heard their water is bad.

She said once her rent expires, she's relocating back to Abule Egba where she came from. grin

Each time she boils rice with the water, the rice turns yellow instead of white.

Each time she paints her fingernails, and after bathing with the water, the paint on the nails turn to dark brown after a week.

All her clothes have grown so old & tattered as a result of washing them with the water.

She said the only people enjoying Lekki are the wealthy individuals who are rich enough to install a filtration tank in their homes.

She also said the apartment next to hers was occupied by close to 15 ladies who do nothing but hang around in the day and only go out at night.

My brain immediately conducted an empirical, statistical & SWOT analyses and concluded that those ladies must be Oloshos from the marine kingdom - since Lekki is their new HQ. grin cheesy grin

17 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by kunleweb: 9:42am On Dec 14, 2018
Water filtration tank isnt for the rich alobe.theissue is the level the borehile was dug doesnt have pure and.clean water. It will require industrial.drillibgto dig deep and then do water filtration. 300k does.all these

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Agbaletu: 11:54am On Dec 14, 2018
Water filtration system is not as expensive as most people think. It is very common in most of the houses in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by pweetyoge(f): 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
i think the water thing is a general phenomenon on the island because during my stay at yaba, i had very clean water. i am experiencing the same thing as the OP currently and i am fed up honestly. i have to use pure water to cook plenty times, i have to pour dettol in my bathing water because of my skin reacting to it, and for washing i can not escape it lai lai, my husband even paid for the tank to be rewashed but nothing changed. i am guessing it is only the water Filtration thing that can be done to curb the situation.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Zoharariel:
When I was still running my Uber/Taxify hustle. I once picked up a rider in the evening around Tiamiyu Savage Street in V.I and she was going to Lekki.

Her name is Toyin & she was very friendly, so we got talking.

She started by saying she was sick & tired of the Lekki traffic.

I said I heard their water is bad.

She said once her rent expires, she's relocating back to Abule Egba where she came from. grin

Each time she boils rice with the water, the rice turns yellow instead of white.

Each time she paints her fingernails, and after bathing with the water, the paint on the nails turn to dark brown after a week.

All her clothes have grown so old & tattered as a result of washing them with the water.

She said the only people enjoying Lekki are the wealthy individuals who are rich enough to install a filtration tank in their homes.

She also said the apartment next to hers was occupied by close to 15 ladies who do nothing but hang around in the day and only go out at night.

My brain immediately conducted an empirical, statistical & SWOT analyses and concluded that those ladies must be Oloshos from the marine kingdom - since Lekki is their new HQ. grin cheesy grin
Thought you're an atheist?
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
I wonder what people find so unique about Lekki. I don't have time for this _shit.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Thought you're an atheist?

Ishi Sugar, I'm sorry oooo but why the question? Are you scared of having a set of twins for an atheist? grin cheesy grin

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Zoharariel:

Ishi Sugar, I'm sorry oooo but why the question? Are you scared to have a set of twins for an atheist? grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Berle: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. Did you say you use it to wash?
pweetyoge:
i think the water thing is a general phenomenon on the island because during my stay at yaba, i had very clean water. i am experiencing the same thing as the OP currently and i am fed up honestly. i have to use pure water to cook plenty times, i have to pour dettol in my bathing water because of my skin reacting to it, and for washing i can not escape it lai lai, my husband even paid for the tank to be rewashed but nothing changed. i am guessing it is only the water Filtration thing that can be done to curb the situation.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by oweniwe(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Your meme is on point.

Since zohariel is an atheist, how come does he believe marine spirits exist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Ishilove: 5:05am On Dec 15, 2018
oweniwe:

Your meme is on point.

My dear, amarum o.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by alBHAGDADI: 7:24am On Dec 15, 2018
Big man big problem.

Those living on the island are suffering from Bigmanism. grin They might be drinking their own faeces without knowing. Some of them even stupidly look down on mainland people. They actually think they are in heaven.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by ranmoor: 7:47am On Dec 15, 2018
fetch a bucket and leave it for about 1-2 days, if it settles then the simple water filter(N2000/case) with 1micron cartridge (N300/one) can work. U can get them at block C, Arena at Oshodi. Plumber can install one for u (N1000). Don't buy 5microns ooo.
If it doesn't settle, n it is salty, u need proper water treatment. Just buy tank n be buying water except u r d landlord. Or u do industrial borehole

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by pweetyoge(f): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2018
Berle:
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. Did you say you use it to wash?
Thank you..yes i use it to wash.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by ednut1(m): 8:38am On Dec 15, 2018
Solution is to buy water from those tankers. I give my cloths to a drycleaner who washes dem in oshodi. The other cloths i buy water with kegs to wash dem. I use the water like dat to wash cos am dark so d effects on my skin is not noticable. Even if u install filter tank it gets messed up in no time. As clay from the borehole accumulates in the tank after like 3 pumping cycles making the water brown. Cooking ahud be strictly pure water o. The island is hell abeg
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by egojeny1(f): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Most places in lagos have this water problem not only lekki, lagos island and environs, Gbagada to be precise. When i and my family moved into lagos newly we were confronted with this kind of water issue. Our landlord didn't even care one bit. We managed to stay for 10 months b4 we relocated to another place in the same Gbagada but with a cleaner water.

What i normally do then was, i bought 3 big drums and filled them with water. It takes abt 2/3 days for one to settle so within those first 3 days i bought water from outside. When i started using d water, once i finish using one drum i wld refill immediately then face d second one. By d time i am done with d second one d third one must have settled i wld face it and refill the second one. By d time i am done with d third one that first one i refilled must have settled very well i wld go back to it again and refill afterwards and d cycle continues.

My dear, this was how we managed for abt 10 months b4 we moved to a better place although we paid for only 1 year.

So u can try this method and just manage for 1-2 years then get a better place or u can get a filter. U can just buy 2 drums if u don't have enough space and also if u're not more than 4 in ur family, i bought 3 cos i have a large family. Note that anytime u plan moving out, u have to start looking for a house 3-4 months b4 the time.

All d best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Ishilove: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2018
oweniwe:

Your meme is on point.

Probably a traditionalist
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by LadySarah: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Can one big man there start a treated water facilty and supply to the residents,all they'd need are just their containers.

This is scary though.reminds me of my first visit to Amarata, bayelsa in 2007,couldn't even drink the satchet water which had a weird taste while the ones from the tap had oil(unrefined/refined ,don't know) on top.

I have never been so scared of my life.I just dey hail the residents. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by ednut1(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2018
LadySarah:
Can one big man there start a treated water facilty and supply to the residents,all they'd need are just their containers.

This is scary though.reminds me of my first visit to Amarata, bayelsa in 2007,couldn't even drink the satchet water which had a weird taste while the ones from the tap had oil(unrefined/refined ,don't know) on top.

I have never been so scared of my life.I just dey hail the residents. lipsrsealed
i have in my estate o. The man charges 1m to connect u to the grid. And used to charge 20k per month for water. Bt he now uses meter attached to d pipe in your house to measure water use. Damn expensive
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Annwrites: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2018
I am surprised the water in your place is this dirty.

I stay in Ajah and the water we pump is never dirty.

The only problem we have is spirogyra in the water of which my dad invites a plumber once in a while to wash the tank. And we additionally use a filter.

My advice is you get an expert to treat the water independent of your landlord and when your rent is almost due, you search for another apartment with clean water.

Also, avoid using such water to wash your clothes or any other thing.

Besides, the last time I saw water looking like this was when I was still a border in Badore. All wells except one (mirinda well) had this colour. We only used water from this well to flush toilets, wash toilets and do our morning duties.

Besides, didn't you check for water neatness and availability before renting the apartment?
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Sometimes, I wonder how you all cope in Lagos.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
Even those in lekki don't have water grin grin. This continent is a cursed one lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by kunleweb: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Annwrites:
I am surprised the water in your place is this dirty.

The only problem we have is spirogyra in the water of which my dad invites a plumber once in a while to wash the tank. And we additionally use a filter.

My advice is you get an expert to treat the water independent of your landlord and when your rent is almost due, you search for another apartment with clean water.

Besides, the last time I saw water looking like this was when I was still a border in Badore. All wells except one (mirinda well) had this colour. We only used water from this well to flush toilets, wash toilets and do our morning duties.

Besides, didn't you check for water neatness and availability before renting the apartment?

Its.common.in.some.parts of Ajah. Very very common
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by kunleweb: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
ednut1:
Solution is to buy water from those tankers. I give my cloths to a drycleaner who washes dem in oshodi. The other cloths i buy water with kegs to wash dem. I use the water like dat to wash cos am dark so d effects on my skin is not noticable. Even if u install filter tank it gets messed up in no time. As clay from the borehole accumulates in the tank after like 3 pumping cycles making the water brown. Cooking ahud be strictly pure water o. The island is hell abeg

Island isnt shit i stay and have been on the island.for.about a decade. Whule some.street will hve bad water,some.wont. depends on the rock structure beneath the areas surface. You'll be suprised when you drive through your estate,some places in your same estate without any purification methidshave clean water
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by missexcel01(f): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=Annwrites post=73889210]I am surprised the water in your place is this dirty.

Besides, didn't you check for water neatness and availability before renting the apartment? [/quote

You are definitely a badorian. Miranda well was later closed down. It sometimes had oil in it. Nice to meet another badorian here.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by OmniSparrow: 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
God thank you for delivering me from Lagos and Lekki. God forbid. Pay through your nose for rent. Mosquito will finish you. Traffic. Bad water. All for what?
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Annwrites: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=kunleweb post=73897410]

Its.common.in.some.parts of Ajah. Very very common[/quote

If you say so. But it's strange to me still.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Dirty Water At Lekki by Annwrites: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=missexcel01 post=73897775][/quote]

Yes, I am a proud Badorian. Glad to meet another.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Does A Woman Become A Liability? / Why Do Yoruba Parents Discriminate Against Ogun Ladies In Marriage? / Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.