Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer (4673 Views)

From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... / What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
Sad to hear sad Sad to hear
Yes it is. That is partly why God gave the gift of apologetics: to protect those who want to be protected from the lies of the enemy. It's also why I advise that each person restrict themselves to their own gifts. Just being a Christian in this world is dangerous enough. Fighting spiritual battles that you are not trained or equipped for on top of that can cost you more than you can afford to pay.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Jman06(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I TELL YOU WITH ALL CONFIDENCE THAT WHAT YOU FELT WASN'T SPECIAL, OR IN ANYWAY POINTS TO THE DIRECTION OF THE EXISTENCE OF A SUPREME DEITY, WHO COINCIDENTALLY IS THE CHRISTIAN GOD YOU WERE TAUGHT ABOUT AS A LITTLE CHRISTIAN CHILD.

LISTENING TO GOSPEL SONGS MAKE SOME CHRISTIANS CRY, JUST THE SAME WAY WATCHING TITANIC MADE BILLIONS OF PEOPLE CRY.
SOME OF US CRIED WHENEVER RONALDINHO CRIED. SOME OF US CRY WHENEVER RONALDO CRIES. SOME OF US CRY WHENEVER DRUG-ADDICTED GOOD FOR NOTHING BOYS LIKE LIL WAYNE AND MIGOS HIT THE STAGE.

YOU KNOW WHY? HUMANS ARE VERY EMOTIONAL BEINGS WHO SOMETIMES LET THEIR FRAGILE EMOTIONS RULE THEM.

AGAIN, LET ME REMIND YOU WITH ALL CONFIDENCE THAT WHAT YOU FELT WHEN THE GOSPEL CHOIR GUY SANG WASN'T SPECIAL OR DIVINE, OR IN ANYWAY POINTS TO THE DIRECTION OF THE EXISTENCE OF A SUPREME DEITY, WHO COINCIDENTALLY IS THE CHRISTIAN GOD YOU WERE TAUGHT ABOUT AS A LITTLE CHRISTIAN CHILD.
LET ME ADD TO THIS:

I CRY WHENEVER I WATCH NOLLYWOOD MOVIES, ESPECIALLY ONE IN WHICH THE LIKES NGOZI EZEONU IS BEING PERSECUTED.

I had to stop watching such movies because of that emotional outburst.

1 Like

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! I don't believe the things you say about god either so there's that.
That is the definition of the problem, isn't it? I am a liar because I say things about God that you don't believe or, more correctly, don't want to believe.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

That is the definition of the problem, isn't it? I am a liar because I say things about God that you don't believe or, more correctly, don't want to believe.

No that's not it. From my experience, not sure about others, you make up stuff about what I said just to score cheap points or whatever your motive is. The things you say about god I don't characterize as lies even though I think they are fairy tales.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

No that's not it. From my experience, not sure about others, you make up stuff about what I said just to score cheap points or whatever your motive is. The things you say about god I don't characterize as lies even though I think they are fairy tales.
I think that you know that the above is not true at all.

In all of our conversations, you made a point of accusing me of making things up to explain the Bible. Even what you say here is contradictory. You certainly don't believe that fairy tales are true, so why would you not by thinking of what I say as fairy tales not thereby characterize them as lies?

As for making up things about what you say, our conversations are not hidden.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mujtahida:

You express my sentiments. My God is the sun. It shines on and on. I see it, I feel it. I need no book, no pastor, no priest to dwell under its life giving rays. If there's one thing that proves to me that Christianity is a fraud is the fact that it is written in a book.
The Sun is your GOD?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
Jman06:
LET ME ADD TO THIS:

I CRY WHENEVER I WATCH NOLLYWOOD MOVIES, ESPECIALLY ONE IN WHICH THE LIKES NGOZI EZEONU IS BEING PERSECUTED.

I had to stop watching such movies because of that emotional outburst.
Because such emotional outbursts portray signs of weakness?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I think that you know that the above is not true at all.

In all of our conversations, you made a point of accusing me of making things up to explain the Bible. Even what you say here is contradictory. You certainly don't believe that fairy tales are true, so why would you not by thinking of what I say as fairy tales not thereby characterize them as lies?

As for making up things about what you say, our conversations are not hidden.

A Fairytale is not a lie. That's like saying Cinderella is a lie. Its a story, end of. This is how it begins, you take what I say, twist it to fit whatever narrative you want then say oh I am the one with the problem. I clearly said I don't consider what you say about god lies but here you are attempting to twist something that is clearly stated. Why do you do such things?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
If there is one thing that I've learnt today, it is the 'evolution' of man to become 'logically conscious and emotionally strong'. The agnostics and atheists here view belief in the existence of GOD as a logical impairment and faith in Him is portrayed as weakness. Every man now inclines upon his understanding and the Word of GOD is regarded as fraud. This fulfils the prophecy that men shall be lovers of themselves and that iniquity shall abound due to the love of many waxing cold in the last days. I pray GOD will have mercy on us.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

A Fairytale is not a lie. That's like saying Cinderella is a lie. Its a story, end of. This is how it begins, you take what I say, twist it to fit whatever narrative you want then say oh I am the one with the problem. I clearly said I don't consider what you say about god lies but here you are attempting to twist something that is clearly stated. Why do you do such things?
We have another fancy name for fairy tales: fiction. Meaning: stories that are not true. If something is not true, it is false. You are not expected to believe something that you have been flat out told is a lie.

Now when someone tells you something claiming that it is in fact true and you say that it is fiction/fairy tale, why is it twisting what you say if they say that you called what they said a lie?

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is here. I don't see why there should be any problem that you consider what I say about God to be lies. You are an atheist. You reject the Gospel and Christ. What does it matter if it is said that you consider the Bible a lie? Is it not your default position?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by CAPSLOCKED: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I will say a prayer for you.

SEND YOUR PRAYERS TO SICK AND STARVING KIDS, TO THOSE TERRORIZED BY HERDSMEN, AND OTHERS IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

WE THE "ENLIGHTENED" DON'T NEED YOUR PRAYERS. WE NEED ONLY ONE THING AND NO SINGLE RELIGION EVER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE IT. WE NEED EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF YOUR FAVORITE DEITY, NOT PRAYERS, THREATS AND BIBLE VERSES, WHICH ARE ALL WE'VE BEEN GETTING FOR CENTURIES. smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

We have another fancy name for fairy tales: fiction. Meaning: stories that are not true. If something is not true, it is false. You are not expected to believe something that you have been flat out told is a lie.

Now when someone tells you something claiming that it is in fact true and you say that it is fiction/fairy tale, why is it twisting what you say if they say that you called what they said a lie?

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is here. I don't see why there should be any problem that you consider what I say about God to be lies. You are an atheist. You reject the Gospel and Christ. What does it matter if it is said that you consider the Bible a lie? Is it not your default position?

LoL! You only prove my point. You've twisted everything to fit your narrative despite what I wrote quite clearly. Suit yourself man, na so you be. LMFAO!
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by DeSepiero(m): 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:
funny thing is those who ask questions and are sincere could end up rejecting all religions especially when they read more. This book could actually help him see the nonsense he is accepting. Just the way the bible made a lot of us reject christianity and religion. The more he reads. And asks questions on what he reads, the better. Op try and get this book but ensure you read it with an open mind and question what you read. Truth stands all scrutiny

By the way if anas has read this book and is still the way she is then i can imagine the nonsense the book teaches grin

Lmao !
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SEND YOUR PRAYERS TO SICK AND STARVING KIDS, TO THOSE TERRORIZED BY HERDSMEN, AND OTHERS IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

WE THE "ENLIGHTENED" DON'T NEED YOUR PRAYERS. WE NEED ONLY ONE THING AND NO SINGLE RELIGION EVER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE IT. WE NEED EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF YOUR FAVORITE DEITY, NOT PRAYERS, THREATS AND BIBLE VERSES, WHICH ARE ALL WE'VE BEEN GETTING FOR CENTURIES. smiley
I was not offering to pray for you or any of your cohorts, CAPSLOCKED.

1 Like

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You only prove my point. You've twisted everything to fit your narrative despite what I wrote quite clearly. Suit yourself man, na so you be. LMFAO!
Wow! There's no getting through with you.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Wow! There's no getting through with you.

LoL. Getting what through? Your twisting and turning? I get that very well. LMFAO!
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

LoL. Getting what through? Your twisting and turning? I get that very well. LMFAO!
No, getting through with reason.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend the degree to which you have blinded yourself.

You are seriously calling it "twisting and turning" that I say that a fairy tale is necessarily a lie? What? How is this even a problem?

Anyway, have it your way. It makes no difference to me what you choose to believe.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Mujtahida: 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
The Sun is your GOD?
Yes . No preaching, no tithe, no commandments. I am and the sun is. The sun is not like the meddlesome jehovah. It might sound strange to you but the sun has been venerated from ancient times and rightly so in my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

No, getting through with reason.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend the degree to which you have blinded yourself.

You are seriously calling it "twisting and turning" that I say that a fairy tale is necessarily a lie? What? How is this even a problem?

Anyway, have it your way. It makes no difference to me what you choose to believe.

You simple want to call fairy tales lies because it fits your narrative. People tell all sorts of fairytales everyday but you don't hear people call them lies. They are stories very simply. But no Ihedinobi wants to call them lies so that you can nail me to the wall. Your attempt is clear and I already said that is how you operate. We know that's how you operate. LMFAO!
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Jman06(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
Because such emotional outbursts portray signs of weakness?
I just don't like the feeling!

For that same reason I don't allow myself get carried away by emotions when I'm in the church. Perhaps that is why I never fall under "anointing"
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Jman06:
I just don't like the feeling!

For that same reason I don't allow myself get carried away by emotions when I'm in the church. Perhaps that is why I never fall under "anointing"

Yep. Its almost a form of self hypnosis where you accept a certain pattern of behavior because it is affirming of your beliefs but the effect is generated by you. Its amazing in someways, I wish psychologists could study the phenomenon in depth.

2 Likes

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Anas09: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

I hope you know that swedenborg was considered a heretic because his interpretation of Christianity was unorthodox
The Catholic Church branded him a heretic just as they did many disciples of Christ who had the Holy Spirit and deep spiritual understanding of scriptures.

The Catholic Church is like Islam, nothing to hold on to spiritually and when you come up with what they don't know, they term you a heretic.

I have the Holy Spirit, and i read the Bible, and i can confidently tell you that Swedenborg's writings are next to the Bible.

Besides, if you are not a Bible student, you won't be able to understand a word from what he writes. His writings are not for the Spiritually lazy.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Anas09: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

I hope you know that swedenborg was considered a heretic because his interpretation of Christianity was unorthodox
Are you a Christian? Do you have the Holy Spirit? Have you really read the Holy Bible? And, have you read True Christianity to know if his interpretation of Christianity is unorthodox?

Yes, he will be called a Heretic by the Catholic Church which ruled the world in his days becos, he called them out as idol worshippers. He turned men to Jesus instead of Mary. He condemned them for teaching 3 persons in one God. He condemned them for worshipping saints and images.

Yes, in his days, the catholic Church will kill anyone who did not agree with their Athanasian Creed. The Creed that made God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, three divisible entities so that they can have gabs to bring in other gods like their Mary.
He says there's only One God and His name is Jesus. YHWH, Jesus, Holy Spirit are the same entity manifesting differently, for this he was termed a heretic.
Plsssssssss.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by HardMirror(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2018
Anas09:

The Catholic Church branded him a heretic just as they did many disciples of Christ who had the Holy Spirit and deep spiritual understanding of scriptures.

The Catholic Church is like Islam, nothing to hold on to spiritually and when you come up with what they don't know, they term you a heretic.

I have the Holy Spirit, and i read the Bible, and i can confidently tell you that Swedenborg's writings are next to the Bible.

Besides, if you are not a Bible student, you won't be able to understand a word from what he writes. His writings are not for the Spiritually lazy.
anas has the holy spirit. Sounds more like unclean spirit like a product from an anas anus
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by HardMirror(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

lol!!!! I dont know why these people cant see that their prayers dont work! They stay in the comfort of there zones and gather and peckle like chickens ignorant of the vastness of the world outside their cages. Nice one bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
lol!!!! I dont know why these people cant see that their prayers dont work! They stay in the comfort of there zones and gather and peckle like chickens ignorant of the vastness of the world outside their cages. Nice one bro

Something happened recently that solidified this for me. I made an application for something at the office. The secretary that forwarded it called me later to tell me I made several errors on the application and that it might be denied, I said well whatever I'll write it again if it was denied for the errors. When i was still a christian i would have been disturbing myself praying for favour in the sight of god and men, lol. On Friday I was told it was approved and the letter that conveyed the approval even carried one of the errors, I just laughed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by HardMirror(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

Something happened recently that solidified this for me. I made an application for something at the office. The secretary that forwarded it called me later to tell me I made several errors on the application and that it might be denied, I said well whatever I'll write it again if it was denied for the errors. When i was still a christian i would have been disturbing myself praying for favour in the sight of god and men, lol. On Friday I was told it was approved and the letter that conveyed the approval even carried one of the errors, I just laughed.
if you were a christian you would be disturbing everyone with your testimony. Lol. If only these people could wake up and realise they have NOTHING special

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
if you were a christian you would be disturbing everyone with your testimony. Lol. If only these people could wake up and realise they have NOTHING special

I would have been thinking how much of a favoured child of god I am, feeling high. LoL!
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

I would have been thinking how much of a favoured child of god I am, feeling high. LoL!
You are very obstinate, I must admit. You don't know the gravity of such words.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
toyosi20188:

More like I no longer think fairytales are a way to dictate how to live my life. I feel just as high without all the mystical bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by HardMirror(m): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
toyosi20188:
it is as saying a dont give a dolt about a particular tree in the forest. Your god is just one of the many man made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
GXchange:

I'm an empathic person. I wouldn't consider myself emotional. Before Xperience, I had never cried while singing any song. I cried as I result of the profundity of the experience I had while worshiping God. Like I tried my best to illustrate I had issues with atheism beforehand, the experience I had was the final straw and it confirmed few of the things I was agnostic about.

My new found belief has made me perceive Christianity in a different light. As with every enterprise that involves human input and supervision, of course its bound to have its errors and shortcomings. But yet there are aspects of Christianity that reveal deep truths about the actual nature of our reality, truths that atheism, by its nature, would never unravel.

I am happy for you. The lord is indeed great.

So now can you please share a picture of god at the event?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Is Pastor Dr. Albert Odulele - Who Fondled A Teenage Boy / The Foolishness Of Atheist / The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.