Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 AM

Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth (4453 Views)

Photos: VP Osinbajo Presides Over An Emergency National Economic Council Meeting / FG Didn’t Print ₦60 Billion - National Economic Council (NEC) / Osinbajo Postpones National Economic Council Meeting As APC NEC Holds Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by bilms(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
Presidential candidate targets $4trn national economic growth

The Presidential Candidate for People’s Trust Party, Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, has pledged to grow Nigeria’s economy from $510billion (its highest in 2013) to 4trillion dollars in 10 years, if elected into office.

The Presidential Aspirant disclosed this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja.

“We want to grow the economy of Nigeria to become $4trillion in 10 years and that will put us at par with Malaysia, Thailand, as middle income economies and these were economies that Nigeria was ahead of in our early independence. “We are not setting standards like we want to become the United States of America; we just want to be where we were in 10 years, where we were in 1960. “A 510billion-dollar GDP as at 2013 when we celebrated being the biggest economy in Africa is of course too small for 200 million people as our projected population is now. “Nigeria needs a 4trillion-dollar economy to become a middle income economy; that’s our target and it’s doable and we have set up a strategy to achieve this,’’ he said. He also proposed to effect a minimum wage of N50,000 for workers, noting that the standard of living for Nigerian workers was quite low. “I am going to have a N50,000 minimum wage and that is lower than the minimum wage that Nigerian workers were awarded in 1983 which was N125; at that time you needed 55 kobo for a dollar.

“So basically, N125 minimum wage was more than N60,000 of today’s Nigeria; so by the grace of God when elected, the minimum wage by the first anniversary of our government will be N50,000 in Nigeria. “That is what I believe is decent for an average worker; you can’t deal with corruption when you underpay people,’’ he said. He said his government would prioritise tourism, restructure the education system and expand income through infrastructure funds, solid minerals, foreign investments, and intellectual capital protection. He promised to promote knowledge-based economy through effective copy right laws to ensure that innovators get due reward for their work and protect Nigeria’s intellectual property.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/presidential-candidate-targets-4trn-national-economic-growth/
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Hafeexla(m): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ftc
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Sterling111: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
I DEY HEAR
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Okwuonu, talk is cheap but we know how expensive Actions are.....

We know he can't afford it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by gurunlocker: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Bro, sit down make I tell you something....

This election is between Bubu and Atiku. grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by JohnViruxz: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
hmmm.

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Ijaya123: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
I was hoping to see the modalities of how he intend to ackieve that.

Politicians and unrealistic promises during campaign period are like this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by winterfell007(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is aspirant is just dishing out populist statement that's not impractical. How can you increase minimum wage without a corresponding increase in the nation's productive sector.

Pls let's listen to people like Atiku and Moghalu, who are the only two candidates that appear pragmatic to me.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by oluwatosink: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
And this one dey talk sense..
But maybe after 2023,
when buhari have finish his 2nd term, you can come and boost nigeria economy
ok grin
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Bustincole(m): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
Dis is so strong
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by webizone(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sorry to derail this thread but I just changed my sig to ask, what is wrong with Nairaland? How can be debased to this level? Why ask christian to swear to be a muslim before he can defend his faith on a muslim thread, but do no such thing for muslims visiting a christian thread?
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
Op, go back and tell your oga to explain to us how he intends to do that.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Xinzu: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
This man just dey deceive Una. He knows he won't go anywhere, he's simply doing all this to garner popularity so he can sell himself to the highest bidder before OR after the election.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by legibow: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Talk is easy but actions is expensive... What away
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by toby2(m): 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
All these people dragging job with LIE Mohammed... toh. i rest my case.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by bilms(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ijaya123:
I was hoping to see the modalities of how he intend to ackieve that.

Watch his interview on Arise TV and NTA yesterday. The plan is well spelt out
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by alizma: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
this is how they start their lies. even if you are elected come 2019, will you still be there in 10years? ogamco try set 7or8 year goal so that if by chance you get their, you will still be there to receive the praises on achieving your set target or blame if you fail to realize the target.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by bilms(m): 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
winterfell007:
This is aspirant is just dishing out populist statement that's not impractical. How can you increase minimum wage without a corresponding increase in the nation's productive sector.

Pls let's listen to people like Atiku and Moghalu, who are the only two candidates that appear pragmatic to me.

Obviously you are not following him with open mind. The major agenda of Hashim has he has repeatedly stated his to expand the GDP from it's current $510bilion to $4trillion. Just yesterday, he was on NTA in the morning dishing out his clearly planned strategy. Yesterday evening, he was also on Arise Television giving more insight into how to achieve the $4trillion economy. He repeatedly the same this morning on AIT.

If you follow him properly with open mind, you will see a man who has clearly thought out idea and has the required capacity to achieve even more than he has promised.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Demgohearword: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
bilms:

Watch his interview on Arise TV and NTA yesterday. The plan is well spelt out
Bilms how work now, you just dey shop money dey go grin

Anything for the boy? Aburo Olawepo grin
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by sammieyion: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
To everyone who think talk is cheap, should listen to his analysis with verified fact that $4Trillion is achievable. He's not a candidate that is looking for a cheap publicity, nor a top alliance with other party who their intention is to milk the resources of this nation. He's a top candidate with all round possibilities of bringing back a desiring Nigerian to All of US.

I have carefully follow is page and articles and i feel, He deserve to Rule us as a President. One of his quote i enjoy most is the part that he said "Every Nigerian Life is a Treasure to Value, and for who ever KILL a NIGERIAN MUST PAY FOR IT" Isn't that worthy alone to vote for a MAN whose Every Nigerians life means alot to. Who has a plan to strengthen Nigerian Security with Technology and improved human strength on Training and Retraining, also, he's set to fight Corruption by Decentralizing the Centre of Public Officers Contact where transactions will be made with technology in order to curb mostly the kick backs.

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Blue3k(m): 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
Growing you're economy 8 times bigger in ten years would require exponential growth. The economy would be growing like bacteria in lab. A GDP that large would make Nigeria one of largest in world. If he did do it he would deserve times man of the year.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by socialmediaman: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
Six months into his government, you’ll be hearing PDP this PDP that for 16yrs, APC this APC that for 4 years, Buhari style
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by winterfell007(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
bilms:

Obviously you are not following him with open mind. The major agenda of Hashim has he has repeatedly stated his to expand the GDP from it's current $510bilion to $4trillion. Just yesterday, he was on NTA in the morning dishing out his clearly planned strategy. Yesterday evening, he was also on Arise Television giving more insight into how to achieve the $4trillion economy. He repeatedly the same this morning on AIT.

If you follow him properly with open mind, you will see a man who has clearly thought out idea and has the required capacity to achieve even more than he has promised.

To expand the nation's productive sectors you need resources to achieve that. You can't be channeling scarce resources to improve on productivity and at the same time, seeking to increase the wage bills of the unproductive civil service
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by shine12: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sensible economics talk. In fact, I can read about macroeconomics and industrialisation all day but its a shame that the Nigerian government cabal will not allow any of these ideas to transpire. Absolutely for a 200million population, we are mightily underachieving.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Dear Lord, sit this man on the throne of this country. In Jesus name.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by Emmy3(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
May God punish you; Access Bank for all the money you have debited from this account (0724115039) without reverting especially the one of 16th November.

Don't Bank with this trashy bank if you don't want to go through what I'm passing though in the hands of this wicked and corrupt bank.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by feddis(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
This one has Buhari's similarities.
Unrealistic promises and visions.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by kcreativeme: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
I saw this man speak on AIT's Kaakaki this morning and realised that he is a planner and visioner. His answers to all the questions thrown to him were apt.
His plans for this country is practical and brilliant. I just wish he will be given the chance to lead this country.
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by mrrights: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
kcreativeme:
I saw this man speak on AIT's Kaakaki this morning and realised that he is a planner and visioner. His answers to all the questions thrown to him were apt.
His plans for this country is practical and brilliant. I just wish he will be given the chance to lead this country.

We must do our part to support him
Re: Presidential Candidate Targets $4trn National Economic Growth by mrrights: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
Blue3k:
Growing you're economy 8 times bigger in ten years would require exponential growth. The economy would be growing like bacteria in lab. A GDP that large would make Nigeria one of largest in world. If he did do it he would deserve times man of the year.

According to Olawepo Hashim, $4trillion economy will only make Nigeria a middle income economy at per with countries like Malaysia.

He said, until we become a middle income country, that's when we can raise the bar to target being one of the largest economy.

In his plan, achieving $4trillion economy in 10 years is like a short term goal. The long term goal is to become the greatest economy in the world by 2050.

This is achievable if Hashim is given the opportunity to lead the country, bringing is global business experience into building our economy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline / Jubilation As Awgu People Assure Ugwuanyi Of Adequate Security Support / Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu Commenced Distribution Of Foods Items To His Const.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.