Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,221 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:49 AM

Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert (43157 Views)

Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Married Side Chic Duped Of N850k By Her Married Lover In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Gossipninja: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
A Facebook user identified as Sandra Joe, has taken to the social networking platform to warn innocent Nigerians about how they welcome customers into their shops, adding that not everyone who walk into the shop wants to buy something, as some are looking for what to steal.

The young lady took to Rant HQ on Facebook to narrate how three well-dressed men came to dupe her in her store of a whooping N482,500. According to her, these men walked into her shop and pretended that they wanted to buy 10 Infinix Hot6X.

However, each of the phones cost N48,050 so they decided to make a transfer because they did not have cash. The transaction was successful on their phone but when the sales rep went to the bank to withdraw the cash, the money did not reflect in her account, and she is left with paying the huge sum of money.

She shared a screenshot of the transaction and wrote:

“Admin please approve in order not to let another rant member fall a victim..So I was at the office today eating when three well-dressed men walked in, they said they needed 10 pieces of INFINIX HOT6X and each phone cost 48,050.

I was over-joyed that my xmas go dey soft little did i know that the devil was laughing at me....I started writing receipts and when it was time for payment, I gave them our boss's Zenith bank account to make the transfer since they didn’t come with cash buh the transfer wasn’t successful, so the sales girl who was banking with Fidelity gave them her own account number to run the transfer and boooom an alert entered indicating that the money has been transferred successfully.

I now sent the girl to withdraw the money as the customers left buh lo and behold the money didn't reflect on the girl's account and that was how i was duped today N482,500 which means the alert was flashing and not real..

Now i will be paying for an avoidable mistake. Please you all should stay woke this festive period so that no one will feel the pain that i am feeling now..These day thieves wear suit and tie with matching shoes and briefcase.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-narrates-how-she-was-duped-of-n482k-after-receiving-a-fake-alert/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Gossipninja: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
More
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by SaintAlbert53: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
the heart of man is wicked..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
And he plastered 'mugu's' face is plastered all over the internet. Savage!
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by EbukaHades10(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
She'll still fall for it again if not worse.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Holumhidey(m): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
but the gyl fine sha....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Holumhidey:
but the gyl fine sha....
na DAT one you see oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Ayoswit(f): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
They would meet their Waterloo someday.

9 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by JessetariahMD(m): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Aight.....lesson learnt....operation shine your eyes

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by asawanathegreat(m): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
December business
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Amuluonyenaego: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ehyaaaa
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by EmekaBlue(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
OnlineApp abi....Good advertisement!!!

Oya scammers download frm playstore and start trying ur own luck.

Amadioha punish this shithole country

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by sammyuche(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
Cant blame her. But close inspection she wld notice the alert came from a mobile number. Not the bank. They already composed the format of the message for all different banks so it would seem like a real alert. This country is just getting worse day by day.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by atobs4real(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
Evil people with evil mind every where

8 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ednut1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
How did they get ur sales gals numb

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Divay22(f): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by noble71(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by elclassical(m): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
If people wil stop been greedy i see no reason sum1 shuld scam you...work and get paid thats life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by KlasysTech(m): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
That's why I don't respect people base on their look, dress, wealth

Even in bank this people still succeed by dress corporate

There is no more thief, what we have now is smart thief.

You need to be smart to caught up with them, and operation last within seconds
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Zico5(m): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Obinna again chai!!!!!!! These people can even scam the scammer. That's how the develop Malaysia and Indonesia. Kudo.

13 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by dominique(f): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Didn't she know her previous balance? She should have checked her account balance online or via her bank's SMS shortcode. Relying on alert only from customers especially one that is not familiar to you is very risky. Too bad she learnt the hard way

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by baratech: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pele
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Estimable(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Always confirm Alert with your e-mail, text message is no longer an affirmation..
If ur e-mail is not activated, do so now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Twizzy30(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mad thing
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by FarahAideed: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
It could be either way , it's either they sent her a fake alert or she is also trying to scam you ...because it's obvious they couldn't get you boss to receive the fake alert because they didn't have his mobile number bit they had the sales girl mobile Number which is why she could receive fake alert ..You need to investigate how the pulled up her number because it's either she gave them or someone else there gave them

47 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by DONADAMS(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
how do they do this fake alert stuff Sef? me..I must check my gmail to confirm transaction if I no trust you

6 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
That alert doesnt look like one from a bank undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by akinbode1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Gbese ree oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Makanjuola89: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
you be mumu jare
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by laplace19(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
It's a pity.
The reason why I blocked receiving alert messages through sms. I only have one option which is through my email which has been the best for me.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nomesky: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by DONADAMS(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
sammyuche:
Cant blame her. But close inspection she wld notice the alert came from a mobile number. Not the bank. They already composed the format of the message for all different banks so it would seem like a real alert. This country is just getting worse day by day.
even at that...how will they know what was in your account previously to make it tally with your balance after the transaction? is jazz involved?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums Kill Inspector, Burn Down Police Station In Abia (graphic Photos) / 20-Year-Old Caught With Cannabis Hidden In Bread (Photo) / Why I Killed My Master And His Wife – Apprentice (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.