Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ (26380 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Adamu Garba Laka Coordinator For National Counter-Terrorism / Abuja: Police Begin Counter Terrorism Operation After US Warning Of Attacks / Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
LibertyRep:
Let's await the response from UNICEF to know what actually transpired

The Red Cross should be on alert for their hammer too.

I suspect that the military isn't comfortable any longer with the leak of information as regards their unending engagement wit the Boko Haram.

It is possible it is because UNICEF is exposing the rot in the NA.

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Charly68: 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
Better peruse them very well..this intentional organisation of a thing can be very funny..don't be surprise if they are fueling the crisis to destroy the country while pretending to be helping us..

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by FLYFIRE(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
99% of aids comes from the UN develpment partners. Their "crime" is their information that out-of-school children has risen since Al-Sudan took over. I hope the mods will not delete this as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Xisnin(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hmm
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Hamid7(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
What kind of clandestine activities/training are they talking about
The incompetent fellows are afraid of anyone rubishing their denials.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Mutemenot(m): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lol. You can't hide all the time, our military men are only powerful when it comes to civilians . They don't want their weakness exposed

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Wisekid0001(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
We are actually getting somewhere in the fight against terrorism with the move made by the Nigeria army. Let them uproot them completely and and send them away from the country. How on earth will you be sabotaging and playing with the lives of innocent people and at the same time showing them fake love. It is just inhumane. I've always thought about all this NGO that has choosen the North East as their permanent home without really making necessary impact that they claimed to be their duties. I believe God is watching all of us and He knows how to repay us without bias and prejudice

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
daddytime:
Hmmm...

This is obviously in reaction to UNICEF's recent report on the statistics/rate of malnutrition amongst kids.

The honest truth is, if unicef cooperated and kept mum, this wouldn't have happened and they in cohort with the military hierarchy will continue in their un-ending projects of helping the at-risk kids while the military is busy funding a pseudo-war they really do not wish to end.

The military have got a point on this and it is nothing but the truth.

To understand this, ask yourself...why would these so-called humanitarian/intervention agencies come into a war-ravaged zone and proceed to continuously settle fo long-term plans. You'd see them renting a place for 10 years and expect them to pray for an end to such crisis which keeps them perpetually engaged, employed with huge allowances and unregulated funding?

cos Unlike you, they have Pro -social model training, they are trained in FMIs and other physc rehabilitation which you have no clue about,It takes almost a life time to be cured from the horrors of war.If you think Im lying ask the former child soldiers from Liberia who are now living in teh US and the UK!

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by kerry57: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sick lies. UNICEF send una with all una hidden truths about the fight against Boko.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by feelzie(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
pls nairalanders kindly download my latest songs titled #let me#.and #Missing U#.....just Google my name Feelzie with d titles...... thanks.... as u do...
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by RTSC: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
And who now suffers?
It is not UNICEF. It is not the Nigerian Army.

It is northern women and children.

I pity the north. That place is desolate.

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by luizpippo(m): 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elslim:
Person wants to come and settle fight between husband and wife and the person rent hotel for 6 months, Biko you de sure say You wan settle quarrel or you get another motive
Is UNICEF meant for settling the so-called fight or to help the vulnerable, mostly children. if the war ends today, will their vulnerability end instantly?

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by nickxtra(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Nigerian Military has announced the suspension of the operations of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) from the North-East.

According to a statement released on Friday by Onyema Nwachukwu, a Colonel and Deputy Director of Public Relations, Theatre Command, this was because UNICEF had “abdicated its primary duty of catering for the wellbeing of children and the vulnerable through humanitarian activities and now engaged in training selected persons for clandestine activities to continue sabotaging the counter terrorism and Counter insurgency efforts of troops through spurious and unconfirmed allegations bothering on alleged violations of human rights by the military”.

Mwachukwu said the Theatre command would not tolerate “this kind of sabotage from any individual, group of persons or organization”, and urged all NGOs and members of humanitarian agencies to keep to their legitimate norms in the discharge of their acclaimed humanitarian duties.

“The Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has observed with dismay that some of the activities of international humanitarian agencies and non-governmental organisations’ operating in the North East have left so much to be desired,” read the statement.

“There is credible information that some of them are indulging in unwholesome practices that could further jeopardise the fight against terrorism and insurgency, as they train and deploy spies who support the insurgents and their sympathisers.

“It is baffling to note that some of these organizations have been playing the terrorists’ script with the aim to continue demoralizing the troops who are doing so much to protect the lives of victims of Boko Haram Terrorism and safe guard them from wanton destruction of property and means the of livelihood. The Theatre Command considers the actions of these organizations as a direct assault and insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians, as they tend to benefit more from expanding the reign of terror on our people.

“Consequently, the Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE is suspending the operations of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) in the North East theatre until further notice.

“This has become inevitable since the organization has abdicated its primary duty of catering for the wellbeing of children and the vulnerable through humanitarian activities and now engaged in training selected persons for clandestine activities to continue sabotaging the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency efforts of troops through spurious and unconfirmed allegations bothering on alleged violations of human rights by the military.
Information within the reach of this Command specifically indicates that the organization commenced the said training on Wednesday 12 December 2018 at the Ministry of Finance Conference Hall, Musa Usman Secretariat, Maiduguri and ended on 13 Thursday December 2018. The Theatre command will not tolerate this kind of sabotage from any individual, group of persons or organisation.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/12/14/%E2%80%98sabotaging-counter-terrorism-operations%E2%80%99-military-sacks-unicef-north-east
Just two days ago? At what time did the military Investigate the allegation and was UNICEF queried and allow to state what they know about this allegation?

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by bejeria101(m): 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
LibertyRep:

I suspect that the military isn't comfortable any longer with the leak of information as regards their unending engagement wit the Boko Haram.

No wonder malik was glad to return to Lagos. The army wants us to belive that its them unicef that are leaking info? Abeg make we hear.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by daddytime(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
erico2k2:

cos Unlike you, they have Pro -social model training, they are trained in FMIs and other physc rehabilitation which you have no clue about,It takes almost a life time to be cured from the horrors of war.If you think Im lying ask the former child soldiers from Liberia who are now living in teh US and the UK!

Akiko...unlike you, I take out time to reason out stuffs on my own without relying on the usual choreographed and synced "we are saving the world from the world bullcrap" you are being fed and made to believe is the fact.

Oga...this is my field. You can't even broach a convincing argument on the contrary. ..

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Gossiplover: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
nawa oo
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by daddytime(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elslim:
Person wants to come and settle fight between husband and wife and the person rent hotel for 6 months, Biko you de sure say You wan settle quarrel or you get another motive

Some people no fit understand my brother...

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Lomprico2: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
LibertyRep:

U've said it all.
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
A man went bersek in France and commenced a shooting spree two days ago and when he was through he had left three people dead French police looked for him and found him two days later GUESS WHAT They didn't arrest him THEY SHOT HIM and said he was a terrorist but in Nigeria he will be released and sent for youth empowerment and his colleagues who engage in kidnapping will be paid millions of dollars NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by cozykozy: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Nigerian Military has announced the suspension of the operations of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) from the North-East.

According to a statement released on Friday by Onyema Nwachukwu, a Colonel and Deputy Director of Public Relations, Theatre Command, this was because UNICEF had “abdicated its primary duty of catering for the wellbeing of children and the vulnerable through humanitarian activities and now engaged in training selected persons for clandestine activities to continue sabotaging the counter terrorism and Counter insurgency efforts of troops through spurious and unconfirmed allegations bothering on alleged violations of human rights by the military”.

Mwachukwu said the Theatre command would not tolerate “this kind of sabotage from any individual, group of persons or organization”, and urged all NGOs and members of humanitarian agencies to keep to their legitimate norms in the discharge of their acclaimed humanitarian duties.

“The Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has observed with dismay that some of the activities of international humanitarian agencies and non-governmental organisations’ operating in the North East have left so much to be desired,” read the statement.

“There is credible information that some of them are indulging in unwholesome practices that could further jeopardise the fight against terrorism and insurgency, as they train and deploy spies who support the insurgents and their sympathisers.

“It is baffling to note that some of these organizations have been playing the terrorists’ script with the aim to continue demoralizing the troops who are doing so much to protect the lives of victims of Boko Haram Terrorism and safe guard them from wanton destruction of property and means the of livelihood. The Theatre Command considers the actions of these organizations as a direct assault and insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians, as they tend to benefit more from expanding the reign of terror on our people.

“Consequently, the Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE is suspending the operations of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) in the North East theatre until further notice.

“This has become inevitable since the organization has abdicated its primary duty of catering for the wellbeing of children and the vulnerable through humanitarian activities and now engaged in training selected persons for clandestine activities to continue sabotaging the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency efforts of troops through spurious and unconfirmed allegations bothering on alleged violations of human rights by the military.
“Information within the reach of this Command specifically indicates that the organization commenced the said training on Wednesday 12 December 2018 at the Ministry of Finance Conference Hall, Musa Usman Secretariat, Maiduguri and ended on 13 Thursday December 2018. The Theatre command will not tolerate this kind of sabotage from any individual, group of persons or organisation.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/12/14/%E2%80%98sabotaging-counter-terrorism-operations%E2%80%99-military-sacks-unicef-north-east

FOR ARMY DSSC PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Email: vincentoluwaseun86@gmail.com
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by erico2k2(m): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
daddytime:

Akiko...unlike you, I take out time to reason out stuffs on my own without relying on the usual choreographed and synced "we are saving the world from the world bullcrap" you are being fed and made to believe is the fact.

Oga...this is my field. You can't even broach a convincing argument on the contrary. ..
What do you mean fed? A good part of my Salary goes to thes NGOs REd cross UNICEF as well,i get feedback monthly. It takes a life time to rehabilitate a person who has been xposed to the vices of War,10 years is not long enough,I used those terms cos they have rehabilitative meanings!If you are in this field as you claim you would know what I am talking about when I say stuff lke FMI!

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Raypawer(m): 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Absolute truth, leak of information..

LibertyRep:

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by primeache: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Omeokachie:
When you leave your op Vwponent and start attacking spectators. grin

Water.doon pass garri

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Judolisco(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Omeokachie:
When you leave your opponent and start attacking spectators. grin
I tired o

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Optimist88(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pls read again and see that the military didn't categorically state what they've done wrong! Buhari! Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Can't you bunch of eternally misguided and vitriolic clowns on this app be patriotic for once?

You badmouth your country on a daily and expect to see it work?

Dimwitted youths of Nairaland -Y'all need to check into a rehab for embittered and self destructive peeps.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Zionista:
Can't you bunch of eternally misguided and vitriolic clowns on this app be patriotic for once?

You badmouth your country on a daily and expect to see it work?

Dimwitted youths of Nairaland -Y'all need to check into a rehab for embittered and self destructive peeps.
have you seen how UK and US people badmoutheven thier own countries?
Word on the street is if you type I D I O T on google a picture of Donald Trump pops up!
thats how bad it is

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by ACHILLES45: 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Just because they have been exposing the secrets of our so called gallant soldiers. I'm beginning to think there has been an invasion of some terror group out there.
We are indeed under siege in this country.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by uchwar1: 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elslim:
thank you. these UNICEF people rent hotel and accommodation spanning up to 15 years. This is a clear indication that something is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by daddytime(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
erico2k2:

What do you mean fed? A good part of my Salary goes to thes NGOs REd cross UNICEF as well,i get feedback monthly. It takes a life time to rehabilitate a person who has been xposed to the vices of War,10 years is not long enough,I used those terms cos they have rehabilitative meanings!If you are in this field as you claim you would know what I am talking about when I say stuff lke FMI!

Bro, you are someone I sure will love to engage in a decent discourse...trust me there's more to whatever report you get. That is the "fed" I was alluding to.

Take this true life scenario for instance. This happened just yesterday. .

I had to report at the office before 730 because it was a field day for sensitization. While we were converged there was the usual chit chats amongst staffs.

And then one of the ladies was telling the guys like, you had better pray for a longevity in this our work because the moment what we are advocating for/against quits to exist you'd be stuck on your present salary scale or outrightly disengaged due to redundancy.

My brother...you just wont get it...
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
erico2k2:

have you seen how UK and US people badmoutheven thier own countries?
Word on the street is if you type I D I O T on google a picture of Donald Trump pops up!
thats how bad it is

Ok, but must we copy what's not in our best interest? My colleagues from other countries shudder at how we create very negative PR image for our country.

We are beset with lots of challenges but we shouldn't lose our head and decorum.
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by ikcid: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Easier to sack non-terrorists, while deviating from the primary aim :BH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fighters Disguise As Preachers, Kill 24 / Plateau State Assembly Elects Minority Member As Speaker / Why Did Buhari Jail Mahmet Ben Chembi 95 Years? Umar Ardo Urges Trump To Ask PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.