Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

The Taboo - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Taboo (43807 Views)

Taboo [18+] / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story) / Taboo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Taboo by OPC90(m): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2019
Wow... Atleast there's a solution. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
I said it dt juilet vow must av a hand in this sickness. op well done

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Imagindat: 12:25am On Apr 21, 2019
Finally,story continue. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Taboo by AryEmber(f): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Like seriously?! Is this really possible? Mandy just accepted like that? Especially Juliet's part?
Re: The Taboo by OPC90(m): 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
Me too i had thousands of question to ask but on a second thought i realized that
With God all things are possible.
Thanks for such an educating story.
Weldone

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by eaddyboy: 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
Such an amazing story!! indeed there's nothing God cannot do
Thank you OP

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by xoxocandy(f): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
She stood up. ‘That is the solution to your illness. The moment you do what I ask you to do, the illness will go, even without seeing any doctor.’
With that, she left the room.

He was pensive. Could she be right? Don’t mind her, part of his mind said. She just wanted to have you only to herself. What a selfish person she was! How could an ordinary exchange of words with a young one like her be as potent as this? He shook his head and decided not to believe her.

That weekend, he still managed to travel down to Lagos. Even the flight seemed to add more to his weariness. At the Arrival Hall, a well-dressed gentleman accosted him.

‘Good day, sir,’ the man greeted.

‘Good day, gentleman.’

‘I’m Pastor Raymond Olufemi. I was on the same flight from Abuja with you.’

Ayo nodded. ‘How may I help you?’

‘Right on that flight, the Lord gave me a message to you. The Lord says you should stop all the love affairs you’re having outside marriage,
henceforth. He says he still has greater plans for you, and you must not allow love for lusts to cut short your life. That’s the message I have for
you. Have a lovely day.’

Ayo was too numb to say a word. He watched as the man walked away. Then, he shrugged and moved on too. So many quack men of God these
days, he thought.

When he got home, Mandy could not hide her concern when she saw how he looked.

‘My God, you look so lean and sickly,’ she said.

‘I’ve been taking medication,’ he explained. He knew he was weak and was always feeling feverish, but he tried to make things look normal and
alright. On Sunday, when he returned to Abuja, Jane and the driver plus a security detail were on hand to welcome him from the airport.

‘You really have to do something about your health,’ Jane commented as soon as they settled in the car. ‘You’re looking very sickly.’

‘My wife said the same thing.’

‘She’s right,’ Jane concurred.

He resumed his treatment and went to see another consultant. The main problem was despite all the tests conducted, the doctors could not
really pinpoint what the health problem was. They were just hazarding a solution.

His boss, the honorable Minister of Information and IT, also expressed concern. Ayo knew that his job was at stake. If he remained sickly like this
or the situation should get worse, he might as well kiss the job goodbye. His mind was unsettled. Why had the health issue defied medical
solution? Why did it look like the situation was getting worse, instead of improving?

His mind went to what Juliet had said. A couple of weeks ago, she had said if he could stop all his affairs with other women and come back to
her, his sickness would go; that it had come in the first place because he broke the vow he made with her. Was that a childish statement, or
could it be a fact?

He thought over his life. He had always been doing his work diligently. Somehow, this had brought some success, even as at the time he was still
practicing journalism. But it was like the success had always gone into his head. The success meant he must decide to enjoy life to its fullest,
which translated to mean he must enjoy women. So, the idea of having multiple lovers came out of the desire to enjoy himself.

Had he really been enjoying himself? He asked himself. That desire to enjoy himself had made him to be unfaithful to his beautiful, loving wife. It had made him to indulge in the taboo of sleeping with his wife’s sister. Not only that, it made him to see nothing wrong with sleeping with daughter and mother! How despicable.

Then he remembered the pastor he met at Lagos Airport. Wasn’t that pastor right, after all? Would it not be better for him to go a righteous path, rather than the path of destruction?

He shook his head. Just like Jeffry Daniel sang in an old song, he had been a bad boy, and he ‘wanna’ come back home. He had, no doubt, he had done things at their excess, and there was need to retrace his steps.

After a long, careful considerations, he decided to do the following:

One, he must go back to God and ask for forgiveness of sins. He had sinned terribly and he needed cleansing. He was ready to make restitution if
need be.

Two, he would have to stop his affairs with Jane and even Juliet. Vows or no vows, he must stop his dalliances and be the upright, faithful man
he used to be.

Three, he would still maintain good relationship with Ms. Popo, but he would stop transacting any illegal or illicit business with her. His legal
earnings were substantial, and if not for greed, there was no need he dabbled into money laundering, or being a proxy for anybody. Yes, he
decided that he would only get involve in clean deals, henceforth. These were not easy decisions to make or go by, but he prayed to God to
strengthen him and give him the grace and the strength to do them.

The first one to execute was that of Jane. He called her to his office that bright Monday morning.

‘Let me start by thanking you for your concern and care, especially since my health fell,’ he said.

‘Don’t mention,’ she replied. ‘I did it with all pleasure.’

‘Yes, thank you. However, there’re certain things I’ve realized and I believe I need to adjust. The first is that we will have to stop the illicit
relationship between us. Henceforth, it must be purely official. The amorous part of it was what should not have been in the first place and must
stop immediately.’

Jane did not say anything.

He went on: ‘I have realized I’ve sinned against God and man, and there’s need for me to change my ways. I want to walk on the path of God. I
want to do things in the honest and upright ways. That is my decision. Get yourself a young man. I wish you the best.’

She was still at a loss, so did not say anything. It did not matter whether she said anything or not, he decided. What mattered was his ability to
remain steadfast.

When he got home, he called Juliet to his bed-room.
‘How are you, my dear?’ he asked.

‘Fine.’ She could see that he looked a bit relaxed. ‘Have you decided to do what I ask you to do?’ she asked.

‘Please, come and sit down.’ He tapped the side of the bed.

She looked glad. He must have told Jane to stay off; he must have decided to rekindle the old flame.

‘First and foremost,’ I want to apologize to you.’

She nodded without saying a word.

‘Yes, I need to apologize for the ignoble role I’ve played and how I’ve committed the sin of adultery with you.’

She looked surprised to hear that, but still kept quiet.

‘I shouldn’t have done that with you. I must say I’m so sorry. Please, forgive me. I’ve decided to stop lustfulness all together, so I’ve also told
Jane that I’m calling of the relationship. I’m married and should remain faithful in the relationship. I’ve prayed to God for forgives, but it’s one
thing I don’t ever want to do again.’

She was still silent, listening to him and digesting every word he had said.

‘What do you have to say?’ he asked her.

She was silent for a while. ‘Nothing,’ she finally said.

‘That’s what I want to tell you. We can return to the sitting-room now.’

That was the end of the discussion. By the following morning, he felt better. It was amazing, but since that very day he spoke to Jane and Juliet
about stopping the affairs, his health started improving. A week after, he was fit enough to stop seeing the doctor and taking drugs. Wonderful.

He realized he was spiritually dead. The experience had awakened his spirit being. There was no turning back, now. He must continue to be close to God and to serve Him.

The next weekend that he was in Lagos, Mandy was quick to see his recovery and the return of liveliness to him.

‘Oh, thank God,’ she said. ‘Thank God that you have come back to life again.’

‘Yes, we thank God,’ he agreed.

Something had been bothering him and he had decided to let it go.

‘I have a confession to make,’ he told Mandy late that Friday night.

‘I confession?’

‘Yes. I must say I’ve really disappointed you. I’ve really offended you. I’ve broken the marital vow of fidelity to you several times. I’ve been so
unfaithful.’

Mandy was silent. She wanted him to go on.

‘But I’ve realized that the kind of life I was living was a shameful and ungodly one that could only lead to destruction. The information, sometime ago, that I had a lady friend in Abuja was actually true. I’m so sorry, Mandy, such a thing will never happen again.’

He sighed and paused briefly. ‘I really behaved bad. I slept with ladies I shouldn’t have slept with, including Juliet, your sister.’

He had expected her to react violently, but to his shock, Mandy remained very calm.

‘Did you hear what I just said?’ he asked in shock.

She looked at him briefly. ‘Yes, I did.’

‘Well, then, say something. Tell me how disappointed you are. Tell me I should be ashamed of myself.’

‘I only want to ask a question,’ she said.

‘Ask me anything.’

‘Are you really sure you’ve turned a new leaf and you’ll not go back to these lustful ways again?’

He was assertive in his response. ‘By the power of the almighty God, and for as long as God lives, those lustful things have become things of the
past.’

She sighed. ‘I pray to God that indeed they will become things of the past. Juliet called me this morning to reveal everything.’

He was surprised. ‘She did?’

‘Yes. I’ve already cried my eyes out, but the Lord is comforting me and is telling me to take things easy. The Lord is saying all is well.’

He nodded and went on his knees. ‘Forgive me, Mandy. Please, I’m so sorry for all that has happened.’

Tears were in her eyes when she went to hug him.

‘We still have a lot to pray about,’ she said. ‘Juliet told me about the bond. We will have to pray for the neutrality of such a force. We must pray
for the Holy Spirit to break whatever could be the power behind such action. As for Juliet, I’ve told her to go for deliverance service.’

He nodded. even he too needed deliverance, although it appeared he had got it already.

When he returned to Abuja, he met a brand new Juliet. Her behavior was now warm, respectful and good-natured. He too tried to be nice and
caring to her in a godly way.

On Monday, Ms. Popo called him just some minutes after eight.

‘Good morning, Mr. Ariyo.’

Ayo grinned to himself. Ms. Popo had started using the ‘Mister’ title again.

‘Good morning, madam.’ Yes, madam or Ms. Popo; no more Funky.

‘Jane requested that I should deploy her from your office,’ she said.

‘I see.’

‘Yes. From this morning, she will not be reporting there again.’

‘Okay. I wish her the best.’

‘Alright, have a nice day, Mr. Ariyo.’

‘You too, madam. Thank you.’

He felt as if a big burden had been lifted from his shoulders. Some weeks later, Ms. Popo moved all the money she had kept in his account out.

He told her not to worry about paying the balance ten percent for keeping the money there, but she insisted it was better she fulfilled that
bargain. Another two weeks after, she told him they had to do change of ownership concerning the properties that had his name under the proxy arrangement.

‘No problem, madam. I’ll sign all the necessary documents that would transfer the ownership back to the real owner.’ And that, exactly was what he did.

Juliet had concluded her NYSC programme.

He had promised to get her a job in the Ministry. Meanwhile, she said she would like to go to Lagos and spend some time with Mandy, her sister.
The ‘sweet taboo’ experience they had, had long become a forgotten issue. Ayo was glad that he had a new orientation of the heart.

A year into his employment as SSA to the Minister, he got a surprise call from his erstwhile boss, Mr. Alfred Idowu.

‘Mr. Ayo Ariyo, the Honorable SSA,’ Idowu hailed.

‘I’m at your service, sir.’

‘Ah, well done. I hope you’re really finding Abuja very interesting.’

‘Yes, sir. We thank God.’

‘Ehn, ehn, concerning the remittance agreements that we had, let me start by commending you for keeping faithfully to that agreement.’

He smiled. ‘Thank you, sir.’

‘And let me add that henceforth, you keep all your earnings. Don’t remit anything again.’

Ayo wasn’t sure he was hearing the man correctly. ‘Sir?’

‘I said from now on, do not remit any money to me again. Did you hear, now?’

‘Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.’

‘Have a nice day, Mr. Ariyo. My regards to the Honorable Minister.’

‘Have a nice day, too, sir.’

Wow! So things could change just like that? Right there in his office, Ayo went on his knees to thank God.

The End

xoxocandy
Get the complete story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

Nice writing prowess

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by xoxocandy(f): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
She stood up. ‘That is the solution to your illness. The moment you do what I ask you to do, the illness will go, even without seeing any doctor.’
With that, she left the room.

He was pensive. Could she be right? Don’t mind her, part of his mind said. She just wanted to have you only to herself. What a selfish person she was! How could an ordinary exchange of words with a young one like her be as potent as this? He shook his head and decided not to believe her.

That weekend, he still managed to travel down to Lagos. Even the flight seemed to add more to his weariness. At the Arrival Hall, a well-dressed gentleman accosted him.

‘Good day, sir,’ the man greeted.

‘Good day, gentleman.’

‘I’m Pastor Raymond Olufemi. I was on the same flight from Abuja with you.’

Ayo nodded. ‘How may I help you?’

‘Right on that flight, the Lord gave me a message to you. The Lord says you should stop all the love affairs you’re having outside marriage,
henceforth. He says he still has greater plans for you, and you must not allow love for lusts to cut short your life. That’s the message I have for
you. Have a lovely day.’

Ayo was too numb to say a word. He watched as the man walked away. Then, he shrugged and moved on too. So many quack men of God these
days, he thought.

When he got home, Mandy could not hide her concern when she saw how he looked.

‘My God, you look so lean and sickly,’ she said.

‘I’ve been taking medication,’ he explained. He knew he was weak and was always feeling feverish, but he tried to make things look normal and
alright. On Sunday, when he returned to Abuja, Jane and the driver plus a security detail were on hand to welcome him from the airport.

‘You really have to do something about your health,’ Jane commented as soon as they settled in the car. ‘You’re looking very sickly.’

‘My wife said the same thing.’

‘She’s right,’ Jane concurred.

He resumed his treatment and went to see another consultant. The main problem was despite all the tests conducted, the doctors could not
really pinpoint what the health problem was. They were just hazarding a solution.

His boss, the honorable Minister of Information and IT, also expressed concern. Ayo knew that his job was at stake. If he remained sickly like this
or the situation should get worse, he might as well kiss the job goodbye. His mind was unsettled. Why had the health issue defied medical
solution? Why did it look like the situation was getting worse, instead of improving?

His mind went to what Juliet had said. A couple of weeks ago, she had said if he could stop all his affairs with other women and come back to
her, his sickness would go; that it had come in the first place because he broke the vow he made with her. Was that a childish statement, or
could it be a fact?

He thought over his life. He had always been doing his work diligently. Somehow, this had brought some success, even as at the time he was still
practicing journalism. But it was like the success had always gone into his head. The success meant he must decide to enjoy life to its fullest,
which translated to mean he must enjoy women. So, the idea of having multiple lovers came out of the desire to enjoy himself.

Had he really been enjoying himself? He asked himself. That desire to enjoy himself had made him to be unfaithful to his beautiful, loving wife. It had made him to indulge in the taboo of sleeping with his wife’s sister. Not only that, it made him to see nothing wrong with sleeping with daughter and mother! How despicable.

Then he remembered the pastor he met at Lagos Airport. Wasn’t that pastor right, after all? Would it not be better for him to go a righteous path, rather than the path of destruction?

He shook his head. Just like Jeffry Daniel sang in an old song, he had been a bad boy, and he ‘wanna’ come back home. He had, no doubt, he had done things at their excess, and there was need to retrace his steps.

After a long, careful considerations, he decided to do the following:

One, he must go back to God and ask for forgiveness of sins. He had sinned terribly and he needed cleansing. He was ready to make restitution if
need be.

Two, he would have to stop his affairs with Jane and even Juliet. Vows or no vows, he must stop his dalliances and be the upright, faithful man
he used to be.

Three, he would still maintain good relationship with Ms. Popo, but he would stop transacting any illegal or illicit business with her. His legal
earnings were substantial, and if not for greed, there was no need he dabbled into money laundering, or being a proxy for anybody. Yes, he
decided that he would only get involve in clean deals, henceforth. These were not easy decisions to make or go by, but he prayed to God to
strengthen him and give him the grace and the strength to do them.

The first one to execute was that of Jane. He called her to his office that bright Monday morning.

‘Let me start by thanking you for your concern and care, especially since my health fell,’ he said.

‘Don’t mention,’ she replied. ‘I did it with all pleasure.’

‘Yes, thank you. However, there’re certain things I’ve realized and I believe I need to adjust. The first is that we will have to stop the illicit
relationship between us. Henceforth, it must be purely official. The amorous part of it was what should not have been in the first place and must
stop immediately.’

Jane did not say anything.

He went on: ‘I have realized I’ve sinned against God and man, and there’s need for me to change my ways. I want to walk on the path of God. I
want to do things in the honest and upright ways. That is my decision. Get yourself a young man. I wish you the best.’

She was still at a loss, so did not say anything. It did not matter whether she said anything or not, he decided. What mattered was his ability to
remain steadfast.

When he got home, he called Juliet to his bed-room.
‘How are you, my dear?’ he asked.

‘Fine.’ She could see that he looked a bit relaxed. ‘Have you decided to do what I ask you to do?’ she asked.

‘Please, come and sit down.’ He tapped the side of the bed.

She looked glad. He must have told Jane to stay off; he must have decided to rekindle the old flame.

‘First and foremost,’ I want to apologize to you.’

She nodded without saying a word.

‘Yes, I need to apologize for the ignoble role I’ve played and how I’ve committed the sin of adultery with you.’

She looked surprised to hear that, but still kept quiet.

‘I shouldn’t have done that with you. I must say I’m so sorry. Please, forgive me. I’ve decided to stop lustfulness all together, so I’ve also told
Jane that I’m calling of the relationship. I’m married and should remain faithful in the relationship. I’ve prayed to God for forgives, but it’s one
thing I don’t ever want to do again.’

She was still silent, listening to him and digesting every word he had said.

‘What do you have to say?’ he asked her.

She was silent for a while. ‘Nothing,’ she finally said.

‘That’s what I want to tell you. We can return to the sitting-room now.’

That was the end of the discussion. By the following morning, he felt better. It was amazing, but since that very day he spoke to Jane and Juliet
about stopping the affairs, his health started improving. A week after, he was fit enough to stop seeing the doctor and taking drugs. Wonderful.

He realized he was spiritually dead. The experience had awakened his spirit being. There was no turning back, now. He must continue to be close to God and to serve Him.

The next weekend that he was in Lagos, Mandy was quick to see his recovery and the return of liveliness to him.

‘Oh, thank God,’ she said. ‘Thank God that you have come back to life again.’

‘Yes, we thank God,’ he agreed.

Something had been bothering him and he had decided to let it go.

‘I have a confession to make,’ he told Mandy late that Friday night.

‘I confession?’

‘Yes. I must say I’ve really disappointed you. I’ve really offended you. I’ve broken the marital vow of fidelity to you several times. I’ve been so
unfaithful.’

Mandy was silent. She wanted him to go on.

‘But I’ve realized that the kind of life I was living was a shameful and ungodly one that could only lead to destruction. The information, sometime ago, that I had a lady friend in Abuja was actually true. I’m so sorry, Mandy, such a thing will never happen again.’

He sighed and paused briefly. ‘I really behaved bad. I slept with ladies I shouldn’t have slept with, including Juliet, your sister.’

He had expected her to react violently, but to his shock, Mandy remained very calm.

‘Did you hear what I just said?’ he asked in shock.

She looked at him briefly. ‘Yes, I did.’

‘Well, then, say something. Tell me how disappointed you are. Tell me I should be ashamed of myself.’

‘I only want to ask a question,’ she said.

‘Ask me anything.’

‘Are you really sure you’ve turned a new leaf and you’ll not go back to these lustful ways again?’

He was assertive in his response. ‘By the power of the almighty God, and for as long as God lives, those lustful things have become things of the
past.’

She sighed. ‘I pray to God that indeed they will become things of the past. Juliet called me this morning to reveal everything.’

He was surprised. ‘She did?’

‘Yes. I’ve already cried my eyes out, but the Lord is comforting me and is telling me to take things easy. The Lord is saying all is well.’

He nodded and went on his knees. ‘Forgive me, Mandy. Please, I’m so sorry for all that has happened.’

Tears were in her eyes when she went to hug him.

‘We still have a lot to pray about,’ she said. ‘Juliet told me about the bond. We will have to pray for the neutrality of such a force. We must pray
for the Holy Spirit to break whatever could be the power behind such action. As for Juliet, I’ve told her to go for deliverance service.’

He nodded. even he too needed deliverance, although it appeared he had got it already.

When he returned to Abuja, he met a brand new Juliet. Her behavior was now warm, respectful and good-natured. He too tried to be nice and
caring to her in a godly way.

On Monday, Ms. Popo called him just some minutes after eight.

‘Good morning, Mr. Ariyo.’

Ayo grinned to himself. Ms. Popo had started using the ‘Mister’ title again.

‘Good morning, madam.’ Yes, madam or Ms. Popo; no more Funky.

‘Jane requested that I should deploy her from your office,’ she said.

‘I see.’

‘Yes. From this morning, she will not be reporting there again.’

‘Okay. I wish her the best.’

‘Alright, have a nice day, Mr. Ariyo.’

‘You too, madam. Thank you.’

He felt as if a big burden had been lifted from his shoulders. Some weeks later, Ms. Popo moved all the money she had kept in his account out.

He told her not to worry about paying the balance ten percent for keeping the money there, but she insisted it was better she fulfilled that
bargain. Another two weeks after, she told him they had to do change of ownership concerning the properties that had his name under the proxy arrangement.

‘No problem, madam. I’ll sign all the necessary documents that would transfer the ownership back to the real owner.’ And that, exactly was what he did.

Juliet had concluded her NYSC programme.

He had promised to get her a job in the Ministry. Meanwhile, she said she would like to go to Lagos and spend some time with Mandy, her sister.
The ‘sweet taboo’ experience they had, had long become a forgotten issue. Ayo was glad that he had a new orientation of the heart.

A year into his employment as SSA to the Minister, he got a surprise call from his erstwhile boss, Mr. Alfred Idowu.

‘Mr. Ayo Ariyo, the Honorable SSA,’ Idowu hailed.

‘I’m at your service, sir.’

‘Ah, well done. I hope you’re really finding Abuja very interesting.’

‘Yes, sir. We thank God.’

‘Ehn, ehn, concerning the remittance agreements that we had, let me start by commending you for keeping faithfully to that agreement.’

He smiled. ‘Thank you, sir.’

‘And let me add that henceforth, you keep all your earnings. Don’t remit anything again.’

Ayo wasn’t sure he was hearing the man correctly. ‘Sir?’

‘I said from now on, do not remit any money to me again. Did you hear, now?’

‘Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.’

‘Have a nice day, Mr. Ariyo. My regards to the Honorable Minister.’

‘Have a nice day, too, sir.’

Wow! So things could change just like that? Right there in his office, Ayo went on his knees to thank God.

The End

xoxocandy
Get the complete story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
wow this is lovely op thanks so much

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by wizsolzy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
Cool story. Nice and precise.. More grease

Re: The Taboo by bidak(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nice story OP , i know it is just a story but personally I don’t like the last chapter, he didn’t deserve the happy ending. Ayo didn’t suffer any harm, it is more like he committed all those atrocities and nothing happened to him
Re: The Taboo by Ohibenemma(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nice story, but a rushed ending. Also, like some have already observed, he obviously sowed without reaping, sinned without receiving ANY wages; for real I can understand the pull to quickly round off stories especially at the completion stages, but that sometimes robs it of its realism. Lovetoread did same in his Sugarmum.

An additional update should have been perfect where his post decisional challenges and anxieties would have been highlighted and gradually minimized. Everything was unrealistically smooth.

2 Likes

Re: The Taboo by Zamar: 7:24am On May 04, 2019
This is a good faith-based story. Kudos to the writer.
Re: The Taboo by FairCritic(m): 6:52am On May 05, 2019
Zamar:
This is a good faith-based story. Kudos to the writer.

You are on track.
Re: The Taboo by Zamar: 6:58am On May 30, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Taboo by pcicero(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
bidak:
Nice story OP , i know it is just a story but personally I don’t like the last chapter, he didn’t deserve the happy ending. Ayo didn’t suffer any harm, it is more like he committed all those atrocities and nothing happened to him

He has a praying wife
Re: The Taboo by Janet96(f): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ohibenemma:
Nice story, but a rushed ending. Also, like some have already observed, he obviously sowed without reaping, sinned without receiving ANY wages; for real I can understand the pull to quickly round off stories especially at the completion stages, but that sometimes robs it of its realism. Lovetoread did same in his Sugarmum.

An additional update should have been perfect where his post decisional challenges and anxieties would have been highlighted and gradually minimized. Everything was unrealistically smooth.

Sometimes, life can be unrealistically smooth or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Janet96(f): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2020
Wonderful story.
Re: The Taboo by Saturn101: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
Janet96:
Wonderful story.

.... of love.
Re: The Taboo by WuraSerano(f): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2020
Nice and fascinating one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller / Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.