Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) (1017 Views)

Anthony Hopkins Becomes Oldest Actor To Win Oscar / 102-year-old Great-mother Becomes Oldest Skydiver (photos) / Tonto Dikeh: My 102-Year-Old Grandma Still Drinks Stout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
An old woman has stunned the world by the becoming the oldest person ever to skydive at the really old age of 102. She celebrated her birthday by leaping out of a plane 14,000 feet in the air.

According to reports, Irene O’Shea took the plunge to celebrate her 102nd birthday and raise money for Motor Neurone Disease (Lou Gehrig ’s disease), which took her daughter’s life years ago.

This is O’Shea’s third time partaking in the daring activity with SA Skydiving, which describes the Australian woman as “an absolute joy to have in the drop zone.”

On Dec. 9, O’Shea and her three-time instructor boarded a plane for takeoff. After going over the safety measures, the two completed a “smooth, beautiful freefall” that ended with a “perfect” landing near excited friends and family.

Fox News reports that when a local news station asked O’Shea about being an adrenaline junkie, she replied, “As far as I’m concerned I’m the same as everyone else, just a normal person.”

While O’Shea might be the current record holder, she certainly isn’t the first person to celebrate a milestone birthday with such an adventurous activity. When Michigan woman, Dottie Sambiagio turned 90 in August, she was inspired to follow in George H. W Bush’s footsteps and take the plunge, literally, by going skydiving. She described the experience as “wonderful.”

See More At https://www.brainnewsradio.com/102-year-old-woman-becomes-oldest-skydiver-flies-on-her-birthday/

1 Share

Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by hisgrace090: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is an affront to the Benin people.

Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by Nogodye(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
She tried o skydive @102...if na african, na midnight den go do am
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by LuciferOluwaWah: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
I just pity all the people that spread their clothes outside on that day.

They will need to soak everything in strong bleach for at least two days before re-washing to get rid of the rotten fish odour.

*spits angry
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by FreshBoss007: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Benin city women have been skydiving since 10bc

but this edede get mind old what if she gets high bp while dropping due to hormone levrkd
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 15, 2018
Mama una try, weldone.

But skydiver wey dem tie you to another person, is that one sky diver? If she dive individually and landed safe, na den I go believe she is the oldest skydiver, but now, she just go sky go play there.

All the same, happy birthday mama, more years to your age. 102years for this life no be beans, u be strong mama.

Mean while, most Nigerian girls have fcked more dcks than this 102yrs grand ma, some ladies would have fcked more dcks than their whole ancestors before they reach 40years. Olosho lifestyle our ladies have chosen no be life. I spit on this dirty generation.
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 15, 2018
I still don't believe somethings happen, until I see this skywhatever flying with my bare eyes,I don't believe they exist,Even media can't change my mind
Re: 102-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies On Her Birthday (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 9:49am On Dec 15, 2018
LuciferOluwaWah:
I just pity all the people that spread their clothes outside on that day.

They will need to soak everything in strong bleach for at least two days before re-washing to get rid of the rotten fish odour.

*spits angry
Is everything okay with you

(1) (Reply)

Christabel Ekeh Sextape Leaks Online / Only Money Can Make Me Romantic - Sonia Nwankwo / Rihanna Posts Photos From The Studio & Fans Are Begging For A New...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.