Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG (4516 Views)

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike / Osinbajo: FG Collaborating With Investors To Improve Nigeria’s Digital Sector / Only Atiku Can Restructure And Improve Nigeria's Economy - Nwodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Mrakeli: 5:36am On Dec 15, 2018
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources has revealed the economic values of the $495 million credit facility the World Bank gave in support of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria Project (TRIMING).

A document obtained from the ministry showed that the funds would help in the ongoing National Irritation Development Programme initiated to aid diversification of the economy, guarantee food security and
Minister of Water Resources, Mr. Suleiman Adamu, stated that the project involved rehabilitation/expansion of about 42,000 hectares of irrigation land under the first phase, to be completed by 2022.

“The World Bank is supporting the implementation of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria Project (TRIMING) with a credit facility of US$495m. The first phase to be completed by 2022, are as follows: Bokolori Irrigation Project 13,500Ha, Kano River Irrigation Project 14,200, Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project 6,000 Ha, Dadiwa Kowa Irrigation Project 3,000Ha and Middle Rima Irrigation Project 5,000 Ha.”

He added that an additional 100,000Ha of irrigated farmland would be established by 2020, another 500,000Ha by 2030.
“We also plan for additional 1,000,000Ha of irrigable land to be developed by the private sector and state governments within the same period. Our recent efforts will enable us to deliver 42,000Ha in 2018 and 41,000Ha in 2019.”

Adamu noted that the utilisation of the fund would help his ministry in rehabilitating and expanding irrigation projects.
He stressed that the challenges farmers had to tackle during the dry season farming period would have been addressed with the creation of more irrigable lands, adding that the TRIMING project also addresses rural poverty reduction through progressive management transfer to users regulated bodies in the form of water user associations (WUAs).

While enumerating his achievements in office, The minister said that in pursuant of the roadmap, the National Water Resources Bill which is still receiving attention in the National Assembly, when passed into law will provide for effective catchment management, greater participation of farmers in irrigation management and regulatory framework for private sector participation in water supply delivery in the country.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/world-banks-495m-irrigation-funds-will.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Uco01(m): 5:46am On Dec 15, 2018
Is okay
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by originals1(m): 5:47am On Dec 15, 2018
Meanwhile instagram page with 14k followers for sale, check my signature if you're interestedsmiley
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by 2cato: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2018
World given loans that will enslave nigeria forever. Yoruba people you see the type of people you voted for
Kai baba

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by echelons(m): 5:47am On Dec 15, 2018
Another Loan!

60% of Nigeria's revenue is used to service debt under APC government.

Sadly these projects they're borrowing monies for "are too big to be seen".

I hope one day we'll get it right.
I hope 2019 we'll Atikulate to #GetNigeriaWorkingAgain.

12 Likes

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ijoopera: 5:49am On Dec 15, 2018
If you have b_it_co_in wallet, I can teach u ow I make 50 dollars per week

Whatsapp me on 0_9_0_2_6_6_4_8_3_6_4
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Codes151(m): 5:49am On Dec 15, 2018
Irrigation fund will improve economy how?

These dunces don start?

Irrigation fund is given to u black donkey as usual to improve the crippled and non existing irrigation systems in nigeria for the masses!

Who are u deceiving? Or u want to divert it into the economy?

Atleast tell us clearly that you want to divert it into the economy to boost it

5 Likes

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by sats: 5:57am On Dec 15, 2018
Collect the loan and share it into your private pockets just like Jonathan did with the $1bn he collected to fight boko haram

The backwardness and mediocrity of nigeria is dumbfounding

2 Likes

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Racoon(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2018
“To show to Nigerians the profligacy and ineptitude of the current administration, I draw their attention to the fact that between July and August 2018, the Buhari administration claimed it had shared $322 million Abacha funds recovered by the Jonathan administration to the poor.

Then a week after it made that announcement, the Buhari government borrowed $328 million from China.
How? After 4 years? After a belated "tradermoni" vote-buying scheme? So who is going to pay this world bank loan or it's free?; when this government only kept on manifesting it economic cluelessness?

How can a nation keep borrowing to service debt while the huge chunk of its resources are being frittered away on no profitable endeavours?

1 Like

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by kolnel: 6:04am On Dec 15, 2018
Maybe

Half of the money will be embezzled

And find its way back to the western world
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Makawhizzy: 6:19am On Dec 15, 2018
My only confusion with APC is they claim they are making more revenue than PDP but from the budget, all sectors we are still collecting loans. They claimed recovery of looted funds in high volume yet we are still borrowing. Who are those chopping the high revenue we are making?

5 Likes

Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Arabique: 6:30am On Dec 15, 2018
originals1:
Meanwhile instagram page with 14k followers for sale, check my signature if you're interestedsmiley
I am interested. Let me have your number please
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by nedubest(m): 6:30am On Dec 15, 2018
Na wetin we dey hear everyday
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by IamAtikulate: 7:31am On Dec 15, 2018
Another loan. Foolish people
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
the recovered abacha loot nko??..is it for the poor again this time sometimes I weep for the future of the youths in this country.
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Blazebond(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2018
Dem do this country with borrow borrow sef,if they knew this project would be beneficial to Nigerian's, then why didnt they invest the returned abacha loots rather than throw them away in a thieving scheme called trader moni,thunder fire this incompetent APC government.
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by calberian: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2018
Please, is there a resource that comprehensively documents loans vis-a-vis intended use received by the current administration in aso rock?
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by jconsulting(f): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Irrigation fund is what will boost economy ,ah where did we offend God
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by uncleteeh(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ayobami7(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
后!只要
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ovamboland(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
Codes151:
Irrigation fund will improve economy how?

These dunces don start?

Irrigation fund is given to u black donkey as usual to improve the crippled and non existing irrigation systems in nigeria for the masses!

Who are u deceiving? Or u want to divert it into the economy?

Atleast tell us clearly that you want to divert it into the economy to boost it

See dunce calling people dunce, can you imagine someone who has gone to school asking how irrigation project will add to the economy?

Irrigating 42,000 can potentially triple the production from the same land, yet you still don't understand what that means to the real sector economy?
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ovamboland(m): 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
kolnel:
Maybe

Half of the money will be embezzled

And find its way back to the western world

Yes when Atiku wins next year, it's more certain all the money will be shared to private pockets, at least they will free Dasuki and rehabilitate him with a chunk of the money, while you all pay the world Bank back with interest.
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ovamboland(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
jconsulting:
Irrigation fund is what will boost economy ,ah where did we offend God

This one too follow go school?
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Codes151(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ovamboland:

See dunce calling people dunce, can you imagine someone who has gone to school asking how irrigation project will add to the economy?

Irrigating 42,000 can potentially triple the production from the same land, yet you still don't understand what that means to the real sector economy?
why do you choose to be this wasted? Why not take advantage of education? Well, I can't argue with a dunce
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Kenekingisback: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
More loans angry angry angry
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by originals1(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2018
Arabique:
I am interested. Let me have your number please
check my signature...
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Arabique: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
originals1:
check my signature...
I don't know if you are aware of this sir. But you don't have a signature... Or you are the only one that can see it
Re: World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG by Ovamboland(m): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
Codes151:
why do you choose to be this wasted? Why not take advantage of education? Well, I can't argue with a dunce

Beyond your ability to read and right how has education impacted your miserable life?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Goes Ballistic On Anambra Gunmen Who Robbed Bank / Ben Kalu Urges Abia APC Members, Leaders To Reunite For A Common Goal / Tinubu Warned Not To Sack His Aide For Covering Nose Over Wet Cloth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.