Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat (32910 Views)

'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Yobe North: Machina Vows To Seek Legal Redress After Lawan Was Named As Candidat / Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by 11Ebiscoo: 6:56am On Dec 15, 2018
Mr Donald Duke, the Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), has said he will appeal the judgment removing him as the party’s presidential flag bearer.

DAILY POST had reported that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Friday declared Prof. Jerry Gana, a former Nigerian Minister of Information, as the presidential candidate of the SDP.

Duke had been declared as the presidential candidate of the party after the primary election held in October 2018 in which Gana was also an aspirant.

However, Gana instituted a case against the result in court, basing his case on the zoning and rotation formula of the party.
Giving his ruling, Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf said: “In this instance, the party’s Chairman, Chief Olu Falae, is from the South and Duke is from the South too; the law is clear; there is nothing to write in-between.

“The law has crystallised that political parties should abide by the regulations which they have made by themselves.

“The claimant laid sufficient evidence to have the judgment in his favour; it is a clear violation of the party’s constitution; the court cannot wave right over illegality.”

“Duke’s votes were declared null and void and the judge declared that Gana was the winner of the election.

“The SDP was also ordered to forward Gana’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) as its candidate for the 2019 general election.

But, reacting, Duke told NAN in Lagos that: “While we await a copy of the judgement for a detailed review, it is imperative we reiterate our constitutionally backed belief.
“Every Nigerian who meets the legal requirement is entitled to contest for the office of the President.
“Any Law that seeks to curtail or subvert that right under any guise is unconstitutional, null and void and of no effect.

“The delegates of our great party at its Convention in October, overwhelmingly elected me as their presidential flag-bearer

“Any attempt to subvert their wishes through the instrumentality of the courts will be challenged.

“As a Law abiding citizen, I urge my supporters and members to remain calm as we are confident that the decision of the Court will be upturned on appeal.

“We are optimistic that the Appellate Court will reach a decision that reinforces the essential tenets of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Duke added that his optimism was in line with the wishes of members of the Social Democratic Party.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/15/donald-duke-reacts-court-sacks-declares-gana-sdps-presidential-candidate/

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by ozento: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2018
i dnt know why dis clowns keep deceiving themselves?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Binikingdowm: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2018
Mumu man you wont even win your polling unit in 2019,i trust annang, Efik and Ibibio they ain't push around.

Better work with Atiku and get appointment after he wins

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by sotall(m): 7:11am On Dec 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Forsterobiora(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2018
Issoryt
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2018
Its like all presidential candidates receive money from the Government,if not why will you waste your time on the election you know clearly you can't win,I am also a contestant under the umbrella of Poor and Rich Political Party (PRPP),let me make my money in peace,FG should pay me asap, I am also a contestant,Don't underrate me I can divide buhari Votes in the west and north and I am sure of 40% from the South

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by hecha38(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2018
Duke
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Cutefergieee: 7:13am On Dec 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Sabenko: 7:13am On Dec 15, 2018
See the person I was still contemplating to vote for.....ur house is still not in order few days to election! Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by don4real18(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2018
Hmm
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by ciggy000(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2018
The handsome and eloquent man who can never be the president has been dropped

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Felixalex(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2018
Why d waste of tym n money sef?

Will Donald Duke seriously close his eyes and see himself being sworn in as president of Nigeria (having contested under SDP)? He should just save himself the stress jare and save his money as well

We are stuck between

The lifeless one/Jubril el sudan (according to PDP guys)

AND

The thief, U.S most wanted (according to APC guys)

Funny country! Of all the young bright minds, the best is we can do is fight ourselves over two great grand fathers. Atiku better small sef, at least he can speak more eloquently.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by GExcess: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2018
this is seriously serious

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by osemoses1234(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2018
Oga go rest no waste your money
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by sojayy(m): 7:16am On Dec 15, 2018
e pain am......yam eaters everywhere grin

1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Omeokachie: 7:16am On Dec 15, 2018
He should let go and Atikulate.

Why waste your small 'change' unless ofcause the violent party is financing the charade in the hope of splitting opposition votes.

6 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by BestDude: 7:17am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Mumu man you wont even win your polling unit in 2019,i trust annang, Efik and Ibibio they ain't push around.

Better work with Atiku and get appointment after he wins
the guy is too proud. his pride is fooling him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by feelzie(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2018
pls nairalanders kindly download my latest songs titled "let me " and " missing U....just google my name Feelzie with the titles. n download.... thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Groovenaija360(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2018
grin Nigerian politics na die

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2018
SDP time is ticking away.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Venerable612(m): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2018
I thought - in Constitutional Law - Party disputes are non-Jusiticiable; except when they draw from constitutional rights!
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by sammyj: 7:19am On Dec 15, 2018
This people are all clowns. Hope they stop using the masses as their pon
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:21am On Dec 15, 2018
Lolz! Even if the 2 of dem are gonna collabo they will still not win

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by kamez(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2018
lol this ones are just throwing away money to SANS for court case...

election wey una no go even see first 10
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by datopaper(m): 7:26am On Dec 15, 2018
What is professor jerry gana is looking for

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 15, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President / Obadiah Mailafia: Bandits Sponsored By Those Who Wanted Jonathan Out / Tinubu Is Under Investigation – EFCC Chairman, Bawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.