Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat (32911 Views)

'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Yobe North: Machina Vows To Seek Legal Redress After Lawan Was Named As Candidat / Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Hoodbilonia: 7:32am On Dec 15, 2018
since i small
af been hearing abt prof jerry gana
d man no wan leave power
and he talks too much like uglyoshiomole
d old want to die in power
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by BruncleZuma: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by igwefivestar(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2018
11Ebiscoo:
Mr Donald Duke, the Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), has said he will appeal the judgment removing him as the party’s presidential flag bearer.

DAILY POST had reported that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Friday declared Prof. Jerry Gana, a former Nigerian Minister of Information, as the presidential candidate of the SDP.

Duke had been declared as the presidential candidate of the party after the primary election held in October 2018 in which Gana was also an aspirant.

However, Gana instituted a case against the result in court, basing his case on the zoning and rotation formula of the party.
Giving his ruling, Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf said: “In this instance, the party’s Chairman, Chief Olu Falae, is from the South and Duke is from the South too; the law is clear; there is nothing to write in-between.

“The law has crystallised that political parties should abide by the regulations which they have made by themselves.

“The claimant laid sufficient evidence to have the judgment in his favour; it is a clear violation of the party’s constitution; the court cannot wave right over illegality.”

“Duke’s votes were declared null and void and the judge declared that Gana was the winner of the election.

“The SDP was also ordered to forward Gana’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) as its candidate for the 2019 general election.

But, reacting, Duke told NAN in Lagos that: “While we await a copy of the judgement for a detailed review, it is imperative we reiterate our constitutionally backed belief.
“Every Nigerian who meets the legal requirement is entitled to contest for the office of the President.
“Any Law that seeks to curtail or subvert that right under any guise is unconstitutional, null and void and of no effect.

“The delegates of our great party at its Convention in October, overwhelmingly elected me as their presidential flag-bearer

“Any attempt to subvert their wishes through the instrumentality of the courts will be challenged.

“As a Law abiding citizen, I urge my supporters and members to remain calm as we are confident that the decision of the Court will be upturned on appeal.

“We are optimistic that the Appellate Court will reach a decision that reinforces the essential tenets of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Duke added that his optimism was in line with the wishes of members of the Social Democratic Party.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/15/donald-duke-reacts-court-sacks-declares-gana-sdps-presidential-candidate/
even though APC present A mad man from Chad, he will still win u hands down so keep on wasting ur money.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by igwefivestar(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2018
11Ebiscoo:
Mr Donald Duke, the Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), has said he will appeal the judgment removing him as the party’s presidential flag bearer.

DAILY POST had reported that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Friday declared Prof. Jerry Gana, a former Nigerian Minister of Information, as the presidential candidate of the SDP.

Duke had been declared as the presidential candidate of the party after the primary election held in October 2018 in which Gana was also an aspirant.

However, Gana instituted a case against the result in court, basing his case on the zoning and rotation formula of the party.
Giving his ruling, Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf said: “In this instance, the party’s Chairman, Chief Olu Falae, is from the South and Duke is from the South too; the law is clear; there is nothing to write in-between.

“The law has crystallised that political parties should abide by the regulations which they have made by themselves.

“The claimant laid sufficient evidence to have the judgment in his favour; it is a clear violation of the party’s constitution; the court cannot wave right over illegality.”

“Duke’s votes were declared null and void and the judge declared that Gana was the winner of the election.

“The SDP was also ordered to forward Gana’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) as its candidate for the 2019 general election.

But, reacting, Duke told NAN in Lagos that: “While we await a copy of the judgement for a detailed review, it is imperative we reiterate our constitutionally backed belief.
“Every Nigerian who meets the legal requirement is entitled to contest for the office of the President.
“Any Law that seeks to curtail or subvert that right under any guise is unconstitutional, null and void and of no effect.

“The delegates of our great party at its Convention in October, overwhelmingly elected me as their presidential flag-bearer

“Any attempt to subvert their wishes through the instrumentality of the courts will be challenged.

“As a Law abiding citizen, I urge my supporters and members to remain calm as we are confident that the decision of the Court will be upturned on appeal.

“We are optimistic that the Appellate Court will reach a decision that reinforces the essential tenets of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Duke added that his optimism was in line with the wishes of members of the Social Democratic Party.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/15/donald-duke-reacts-court-sacks-declares-gana-sdps-presidential-candidate/
even though APC present AA mad man from Chad, he will still win u hands down so keep on wasting ur money.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Isobug: 7:56am On Dec 15, 2018
You cannot fool us.... Tell your stories to the gullible ones

So because Buhari will roundly defeat anybody in the election, no one should contest again? You will remain a booth licker
post=73858198:
Chai!!!
Lucky him....

Atleast he saved his money....

Unlike OBITUARY that is using our igbo sense for Atiku, sharp boy Obi.... grin
Patriots, make una carry go with our 2nd meme abeg....as e dey HOT! cheesy grin wink
We have the right memes for them all...
Wailers are wailing seriously today o!
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by adaoshi(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2018
I told you to wait till 2023.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2018
Neatly used Samsung galaxy s6 edge available for 33,000. But it has a slight pink line on its screen when on as seen below but doesn't affect . Dm 08082457319 for more details.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by bezimo(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2018
Wafritalkblogg:
Its like all presidential candidates receive money from the Government,if not why will you waste your time on the election you know clearly you can't win,I am also a contestant under the umbrella of Poor and Rich Political Party (PRPP),let me make my money in peace,FG should pay me asap, I am also a contestant,Don't underrate me I can divide buhari Votes in the west and north and I am sure of 40% from the South
grin grin
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Larryslim(m): 8:02am On Dec 15, 2018
Instead of him to be happy that he has been saved from wasting money,he still wants to appeal
Why do we like to deciev ourselves in this country?
Even a blind man knows the election is between Buhari and Atiku,so why the pretence?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by bashir1451(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Mumu man you wont even win your polling unit in 2019,i trust annang, Efik and Ibibio they ain't push around.

Better work with Atiku and get appointment after he wins

The Only thing atiku may win in 2019 is probably him begging to be granted bail in his upcoming Fin Crime charges.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2018
11Ebiscoo:

U will still lose Mr Duke, Goan rest.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by 6digitscomrade: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Mumu man you wont even win your polling unit in 2019,i trust annang, Efik and Ibibio they ain't push around.

another problem of Nigeria just spoke...Pretend u working to get eventual favors including mortgaging your conscience,principles and ideologies...Smh..

It's sad to say this but since 2014 i have come to understand through thorough research that for every 10 Nigerians you see 7 amongst them are pathological hypocritical homosapiens,liars,deceptive,cold,cunning and calculated heartlesss..,possess zero integrity and self sufficient beliefs in other words,they are insatiable and can never be contented..

The more reason why no one voluntarily resigns instead they kill through all sorts of means including diabolical which by default anyway is part of their heritage,...Flash back to the deception....They rather customized the position and turn it into a monarchy system or dynasty..Only in Nigeria u can study french but become minister for aviation and science &technology and if people not satisfied you gun for mr for interior where u oversee all of them with better and more relevant qualifications..

The irony of tinz Here is 85% of people to read what i wrote here are guilty of everything but can't help it...Because it can never make sense them that u advocating for saner and healthier mindset...The leadership is a direct product of the society...When i read comments i stopped troubling the leadership..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by henrixx(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2018
sotall:
Ok
why always typing ok ?
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by 6digitscomrade: 8:16am On Dec 15, 2018
igwefivestar:
even though APC present AA mad man from Chad, he will still win u hands down so keep on wasting ur money.
u must be a very very dirty person,i mean stinking...Because from what u wrote i can tell how u manage your existence...Even ur loyalty to apc hasn't guaranteed u good living.. Just hanging on hope and enjoying the Stockholm syndrome.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Mankosi: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2018
If I were him i will just thank the judge for saving me the unnecessary expenses..

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:

For you it's not really about
'Saving' the country but getting chop money. You're the crop of Nigerian youths that needs to be purged

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by sukar886: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2018
u guys are wasting time... Atiku all the way.... PDP
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by OKorowanta: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:

If you've sold your soul to northern politicians who have failed dis country over and over again,not everybody has toed your line.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by wink2015(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2018
PROF JERRY GANA can not even win the Presidential election.

He is a low weight that is not reckon with especially in the north let alone the middle belt.

He should go and run for other political office like that of governor in his native Niger state.

Historically speaking, Prof Gana was the director of the Mass Mobilization for Social Justice and Economic Recovery, popularly known as MAMSER during the military era of General Ibrahim Babangida in the mid 1980 s.

Ever since he has been politicking and moving around various streams of Nigeria political circle.

Prof Gana deserve an elevated position but not necessary a high position like the post of a President.

He lack a sound knowledge of world economics and business management including financial management.

MR PETER OBI AND MRS EZEKWESILI ARE THE TWO MOST QUALIFIED ASPIRANT THAT I HAVE SEEN SO FAR AS FAR AS 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IS CONCERNED.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2018
feelzie:
pls nairalanders kindly download my latest songs titled "let me " and " missing U....just google my name Feelzie with the titles. n download.... thanks
Tag the link instead
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by abmuzo: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2018
6digitscomrade:
u must be a very very dirty person,i mean stinking...Because from what u wrote i can tell how u manage your existence...Even ur loyalty to apc hasn't guaranteed u good living.. Just hanging on hope and enjoying the Stockholm syndrome.
Does he know what THE STOCKHOLM syndrome is?
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 15, 2018
What track record has jerry gana got compared to Donald duke?
That party is a stupid party. They will never see the light of day.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Rindo69: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2018
In 1989: General knowledge question primary 5

Who is the chairman of Mamser?

Answer: Prof. Jerry Gana

30 years later

Same names popping up in Nigeria politics!!
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by XaviDayo(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2018
Return to PDP already. Olodo
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by WaffenSS(m): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2018
Jerry Gana, the perennial busybodi.

The guy just can't live without government funds to sustain his lifestyle.
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by emmasege: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2018
I wonder why Duke and Gana are both chasing after shadows, knowing fully well that they CAN NEVER win the election on SDP platform.

Or maybe it's just for the recognition as a "former presidential candidate". Abeg, does anyone know if this gives any honour or privilege?
Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by DateMynd44(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2018
Binikingdowm:

shut up and face your landlocked state.
you have no idea of the efiks and ibibios.
have u ever crossed the river niger and head to the East?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by DateMynd44(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2018
igwefivestar:
even though APC present A mad man from Chad, he will still win u hands down so keep on wasting ur money.
fool u better keep quiet.
ab0ki mumu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Obadiah Mailafia: Bandits Sponsored By Those Who Wanted Jonathan Out / Tinubu Is Under Investigation – EFCC Chairman, Bawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.