Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 (11974 Views)

Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / 6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / 4 Tough Calls To Make On Career Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2018
As the year is getting to an end, many people have started writing their new year resolution for 2019. When listing out the things to achieve in 2019, don’t forget to include career growth as one of your new year resolution for 2019.

In this article, you will learn some of the biggest mistakes that may hinder your career growth in 2019. Know them now and learn how to avoid them.

5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019

#1. Inability To Meet Deadlines

The inability to meet deadlines is one of the mistakes that may hinder your career growth in 2019. As a matter of fact, let striving to meet every deadline be part of your new year resolution in 2019.

Missing deadlines is a problem most organization face. In fact, many employees have had bad reputation in the past for not meeting up to deadlines.

So, try not to be that person who is notorious for always coming up with excuses for missing deadlines. Take every task serious in 2019 and you will be the superhero in the office.

#2. Not Maintaining A Good Work-Life Balance

Not maintaining is good work-life balance may also hinder your career growth in 2019. Sometimes, most people are not productive at work not because they aren’t intelligent, but they failed to maintain a good work-life balance.

Always remember that your health, life and sanity is as important as your career. So, try not to stress yourself with too much burden, take a rest when necessary. This will make you to be more productive in the long run.

#3. Failure To Hone Your Skills

Failure to develop or brush up your skills is one of the mistakes that may hinder your career growth in 2019. As a matter of fact, it is a great disservice to yourself if you fail to develop your skills for career growth.

Career growth is for people who hone their skills, learn new things, register for online courses and attend seminars. With this, they will generally attract new employers to themselves.

#4. Lack Of Self-Confidence

Self-confidence is a major ingredient for career growth. It may interest you to know that nobody will believe in you if you always doubt yourself.

Self-doubt is cancerous to career growth, try to get rid of it. Develop self-confidence, and let people know that you believe in yourself 100%.

#5. Lack Of Networking

Networking is one of the easiest ways to grow in your career. When you network with people in your industry, you are opening doors to endless opportunities.

So, as 2019 approaches, make new friends, connect with professional and experts in your field, this will help to boost your career in the long run.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/14/5-mistakes-that-may-hinder-your-career-growth-in-2019/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2018
Must Read!!! 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/04/19/10-most-corrupt-countries-world/
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
I really need advice I want to learn a skill from January

I want to learn tailoring, but people around me keep saying I should start crypto trading instead, I already made a budget of 100k to register in a fashion school, though I've not seen any fashion school yet

But I'm a bit confused now, don't know the one to start again embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by derok5954xxx: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2018

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Dawinlove(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
hmm..procrastination

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by willybiggy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
I see
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by sirsholley(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Will try to work on these come 2019
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by PapaAdanna: 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
So op you think it is cool to be the FTC on your own post?

You must be a cheat
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by njokuuche77(m): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

I want to learn tailoring, but people around me keep saying I should start crypto trading instead, I already made a budget of 100k to register in a fashion school, though I've not seen any fashion school yet

But I'm a bit confused now, don't know the one to start again embarassed embarassed

For me, crypto trading is no skill. The risk in crypto trading is higher than tailoring. Also considering the amount you have, crypto trading can send you at a loss immediately.
But tailoring is preferable, considering the large market surrounding it. You can create unique designs that are selleable.
But let me ask you this question, what is your passion?
You need passion to excel in what you do.
Wish you all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
njokuuche77:

For me, crypto trading is no skill. The risk in crypto trading is higher than tailoring. Also considering the amount you have, crypto trading can send you at a loss immediately.
But tailoring is preferable, considering the large market surrounding it. You can create unique designs that are selleable.
But let me ask you this question, what is your passion?
You need passion to excel in what you do.
Wish you all the best.

Thanks bro, I've passion for tailoring
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by IMAliyu(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Then do that.
An advice stay away from crypto right now.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Hahjascho(m): 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
Nice one @ OP
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by PotatoSalad(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
Getting a selfish self centered girlfriend as a result of peer pressure
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
IMAliyu:

Then do that.
An advice stay away from crypto right now.

Thank you sir
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by FrankTalk1: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thanks OP.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

See 11 THINGS YOU NEED TO DO DIFFERENTLY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN 2019.
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by lanvic12(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
Good write up
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by jclassiq(m): 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

bro go for something sustainable. fashion design will never go out of fashion(no pun intended). crypto trading is also good but are you really cut out for it??
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by kd4real(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Nice one bro, N100k is a good savings, but why not check out for lesser training schools or where you can even pay close to nothing by acting and assisting with all you've got. Offer your services to people and at the same time learn the basics. All you need is the basic then you use the N100k for equipment to start with.

We have a lot of free online training videos that you can watch after the daily basics you've learnt. You can download YouTube videos even in d midnight by subscribing with little amount of money to get more data. Sum these up with self training then you'll be better in no time.

Crypto is not an option please.
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2018
kd4real:

Nice one bro, N100k is a good savings, but why not check out for lesser training schools or where you can even pay close to nothing by acting and assisting with all you've got. Offer your services to people and at the same time learn the basics. All you need is the basic then you use the N100k for equipment to start with.

We have a lot of free online training videos that you can watch after the daily basics you've learnt. You can download YouTube videos even in d midnight by subscribing with little amount of money to get more data. Sum these up with self training then you'll be better in no time.

Crypto is not an option please.

Thanks bro, I never planned to use all the 100k to register for the school, I will look for the one with smaller amount, yeah I will start watching the videos now, thanks for that
Re: 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 by Casemiro(m): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
> it is well

2019 shall be great
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? / Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria / How To Become Practically Indispensable As A Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.