Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight (1212 Views)

Ede COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Looting: Putting The Records Straight / Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi / No Single Ventilator, But Nasarawa Buys ₦500 Million Cars For Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by monkautos(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2018
Yesterday at the debate Peter obi while responding to a question on subsidy made claims on the number of cars owned by Nigerians.
A lot of people have countered the claim with some data suggesting that Nigeria has about 11.7 million vehicles. My own take on this is that: the 11.7 million vehicles is the total number of cars that ply the Nigerian roads. We have well over 50% as commercial (different sites with different precise figures) then we have Government Vehicles before we talk about private ones. Still on the private vehicles some people actually have two to three cars.
So, if you look at all these the figure drops down to around 2.7-3.5 million private Nigerians driving vehicles (different stats from different sites)
He was definitely talking about private Nigerians who enjoy subsidy as being around 2million people compared to about 200million people that could benefit more from other sectors like education and manufacturing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2018
Very Lame damage control

Obi was dead wrong on this and was disastrously wrong on so many other issues he talked about particularly those bothering on figures
He should go and get his facts right
He disgraced Nigeria when he asserted that Mexico and Turkey are members of bricks

His supporters should feel disgraced

For the record, Osibanjo has no match in our political landscape

He is distinctly ahead of all the others and that includes PMB

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by GavelSlam: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2018
Peter Obi is a liar.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by monkautos(m): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Lame damage control
Please counter with facts and data not just a generalized statement. I definitely would like to learn.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Corrinthians(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Talking about private Nigerians indeed! grin

Obi is a lying bigot. cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Corrinthians(m): 9:49am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:

Please counter with facts and data not just a generalized statement. I definitely would like to learn.
Which facts did Obi the bigoted liar present to back up his scandalous lie?? cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by monkautos(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2018
Corrinthians:
Which facts did Obi the bigoted liar present to back up his scandalous lie?? cheesy
I know the game you are u are playing.. Trust NG so hard to derail the thread.. I don't blame you though.. After all that is what you are paid for, it is very normal to That.
You can continue
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by GavelSlam: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:

I know the game you are u are playing.. Trust NG so hard to derail the thread.. I don't blame you though.. After all that is what you are paid for, it is very normal to That.
You can continue

Peter Obi lied about virtually everything he put a figure to.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by hisgrace090: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2018
Obi is on point.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by okosodo: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2018
He gave facts without reading a prepared speech.
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by deyahaya: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2018
Obi is Ignorance of Nigeria economic data, to say Nigeria vehicles is about two million, those that captures during registration as at 2017, is over 11million what of unregistered one that is the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2018
It would have been better if Obi had said very little than to lie to say a lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:

bros cars on Lagos roads alone are more than 4million

Obi is a pathological liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Stalwert: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2018
Obliar is cramming foolishly and this is the result

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by GavelSlam: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2018
Garbage in Garbage out.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Johnnyessence(m): 10:28am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:
Yesterday at the debate Peter obi while responding to a question on subsidy made claims on the number of cars owned by Nigerians.
A lot of people have countered the claim with some data suggesting that Nigeria has about 11.7 million vehicles. My own take on this is that: the 11.7 million vehicles is the total number of cars that ply the Nigerian roads. We have well over 50% as commercial (different sites with different precise figures) then we have Government Vehicles before we talk about private ones. Still on the private vehicles some people actually have two to three cars.
So, if you look at all these the figure drops down to around 2.7-3.5 million private Nigerians driving vehicles (different stats from different sites)
He was definitely talking about private Nigerians who enjoy subsidy as being around 2million people compared to about 200million people that could benefit more from other sectors like education and manufacturing
thanks for your explanation.
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by efighter: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:

When Atikuloot and Obituary start crying after losing the election, you will cry with them because you are a shameless lying fagggot.
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Bannylove13: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2018
Trader beat SAN for debate...give his sophistcated boys assignments..called fact check..
Causing loss of sleep and loss of reasoning.. resulting I deep hatred ..for trader..

Now San don go hide..
Even his own party ..ruling party don abandon am..no congratulatory message on his "majestic" outing..
Not even from the governor's of his " ruling party..

NO ONE WANTS TO IDENTIFY WITH FAILURE..

... So his urchins have results to insult and cyper bulling against the innocent trader..

However ..the social media sees through their pains.. with a pity on how low the SAN and his urchins.. Over a " mere" debate.

History is made in Nigeria..
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Bannylove13: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2018
efighter:

When Atikuloot and Obituary start crying after losing the election, you will cry with them because you are a shameless lying fagggot.

And osibande and his Dullard won't cry..

Hahahahahahaha..

This BMC zombies are clowns
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Johnnyessence(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2018
It's so sad to note that most Nigerians are not exposed enough to read with understanding.
So yesterday, Peter Obi said the total number of cars in Nigeria is 2 million and he's right.
But first, let's' examine the difference between a car and a vehicle.
A car is a specific type of vehicle (usually with 4 wheels) used for transporting people and their pets
where as vehicle can be a car, a keke napep, a bike, a train, something/anything you use to move around with
You see, when people quote the 11 million figure, they are quoting the total number of Vehicles in Nigeria , and that includes everything from keke napep to okada, not just cars as show by this report below.
https://nairametrics.com/vehicle-population-in-nigeria-is-11547236-nbs-data/
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by jmaine: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2018
Fools, Peter Obi said over 2 million cars ... I guess 11 million isn't over 2 million
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Metuh: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Very Lame damage control

Obi was dead wrong on this and was disastrously wrong on so many other issues he talked about particularly those bothering on figures
He should go and get his facts right
He disgraced Nigeria when he asserted that Mexico and Turkey are members of bricks

His supporters should feel disgraced

For the record, Osibanjo has no match in our political landscape

He is distinctly ahead of all the others and that includes PMB

Why is no one talking about the Lying Dwarf Osubande who said Nigeria produces 90% of it rice.

I think the lying mere commissioner isn't consequential in the scheme of things. Heheheheh grin
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Metuh: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2018
monkautos:

You can continue

I'm glad you got the idea.

They have mortgaged their future just for a paltry sum of money.

They were paid to misinform their fellow brainwashed zombies.
Re: Peter Obi's "2 Million Cars Claim" Setting the records straight by Metuh: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2018
Corrinthians:
Talking about private Nigerians indeed! grin

Obi is a lying bigot. cheesy

Why is no one talking about the Lying Dwarf Osubande who said Nigeria produces 90% of it rice.

I think the lying mere commissioner isn't consequential in the scheme of things. Heheheheh grin

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwanson Supporters Will Vote Buhari / Only 10 Nigerian States Are Economically Viable, 17 Bankrupt ( See Details) / "30 Days In Abuja"- Akin Alabi Talks Abou His Allowances And Achievements So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.