Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved (9614 Views)

Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Convoy Of Borno King Heading To Kaduna For Durbar Involved In Accident (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by justiniyke29: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2018
Just decided to share this, on December 23rd 2017 I embarked on a journey with my Benz w210 (the one with four eyes), I was traveling from lagos to owerri.
I left lagos late by past 12pm because I was trying avoid traffic. Well I got to onitcha by around 11pm due to some issues with my fuel pump I had earlier in the journey. Just after a town called uli I was overtaking a trailer and making around 150km because of the smooth road when suddenly in front of me was a man hole, I slammed my brakes and hoped for the best.
My passenger tire both front and back burst at once and my car was shifted towards the trailer, I struggled with the wheels until I got out of trailer ( it just brushed of the driver side of the car).
Well I lost 3 tires, 2 shocks, every thing from camber to tie rods to linkages and I had 3 bent alloyed rims.
So what is your worst accident on Nigerian potholed filled road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Emmzy201(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2018
Mine was very very sad but thank God nothing happened to me
I was driving down an Avenue that was sloppy with high speed, then suddenly a big black tyre on speed ran over and crushed it.
The bigger car ran over my small toy car, it was such a sad day for me as I don't have money to get another one.
My sweet beautiful toy car, I would miss you forever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Godson213: 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
I was driving over 3rd mainland bridge and my girlfriend stretched her hand to help me with my seat belt because some Lastma guys were ahead with their check point.

Her hand touched the steering and I was moving at 180kmpg . It remain small we fall over the bridge. I just swerved my hand a bit on the steering and I am 4 months strong on the wheel.
I first drove forward a bit and packed. Then people stopped their cars and rushed to mine hitting on the window for me to open it. I told them I was okay and zoomed off when I saw people bringing out phones.

Needless to say I bannged the hell of the girl and sent her off to her school 2 days later and changed my apartment.

Women are unnecessarily evil

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by omakay(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
Godson213:
I was driving over 3rd mainland bridge and my girlfriend stretched her hand to help me with my seat belt because some Lastma guys were ahead with their check point.

Her hand touched the steering and I was moving at 180kmpg . It remain small we fall over the bridge. I just swerved my hand a bit on the steering and I am 4 months strong on the wheel.
I first drove forward a bit and packed. Then people stopped their cars and rushed to mine hitting on the window for me to open it. I told them I was okay and zoomed off when I saw people bringing out phones.

Needless to say I bannged the hell of the girl and sent her off to her school 2 days later and changed my apartment.

4 months old on the wheel and you did 180kmpg on 3rd mainland bridge.

And if you fell off the bridge, you would actually blame the lady beside you in that vehicle.....

Hmmmmmm!!!!!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by laivwire(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
Quite a few but I’ll share just a couple

First I was traveling to Inadan from Ijebu ode and I had to slow down for a pothole. In the next few seconds, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a 98 Camry speeding in from the rear. Evidently the car didn’t look like it was slowing down at all and at that moment of wondering what to do and trying to turn off to the bank of the road I heard that expected loud bang!!!

My car screeched off the road and went airborne as the side was a deep trench. I felt the weight loss descent and then a rough rush of leaves, branches as the car fell over 100ft. That was the last thing I knew before I went unconscious.

The car was a write off but I thank God for life.

A second: I was in a hiace heading to Abuja from Ibadan at about 11pm that night. It was raining heavily and the driver had a bad wiper. He started driving one way along the Ife road and didn’t know a trailer (also going one way) had just broken down on the same road. He saw the truck a second almost too late and quickly swerved into the middle trench. The bus rolled over but I’m grateful for life. We all came out unscathed.

15 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
laivwire:
Quite a few but I’ll share just a couple

First I was traveling to Inadan from Ijebu ode and I had to slow down for a pothole. In the next few seconds, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a 98 Camry speeding in from the rear. Evidently the car didn’t look like it was slowing down at all and at that moment of wondering what to do and trying to turn off to the bank of the road I heard that expected loud bang!!!

My car screeched off the road and went airborne as the side was a deep trench. I felt the weight loss descent and then a rough rush of leaves, branches as the car fell over 100ft. That was the last thing I knew before I went unconscious.

The car was a write off but I thank God for life.

A second: I was in a hiace heading to Abuja from Ibadan at about 11pm that night. It was raining heavily and the driver had a bad wiper. He started driving one way along the Ife road and didn’t know a trailer (also going one way) had just broken down on the same road. He saw the truck a second almost too late and quickly swerved into the middle trench. The bus rolled over but I’m grateful for life. We all came out unscathed.

I think you have 9 lives...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:24am On Dec 16, 2018
Godson213:

There's pretty much no part of this story that makes any sense.

14 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
While on my way to the end of the world as that what I call my village due to the drive distance and grass company road users meet along the inter state, the road was fairly good with potholes here and there which makes you wonder whether you were testing the handling prowess of your vehicle.

It was a very early Sunday morning around 10am I remembered due to the many churches I passed with vehicles parked outside and the very free highway, the road to my village is known to be extremely deserted but the Sunday made it look like a ghost road, this gave me the urge to increase my speed but maintain a not too high speed in order to avoid potholes of the road.

After passing agbabiaka township, I was surprised the road had been well tarred and vehicular movement was non existent, I saw a highlander park a few kilometers away and no occupant close by, the car was locked and I didn't bother.

I switched on the radio and started listening to kayode fashola singing about how women should respect their husbands so the husband can respect them in return, I brought the window down a little to listen to the engine sound all was well but something caught my eye at the blindspot of my side mirror a vehicle blazing in all glory with its DRL on, charging madly, my first thought was a benz with a V8 engine in all its glory, I decided to make the challenge a bit enticing, I brought my speed upto 160kmph and enabled my cruise to allow me focus on keeping the car along its line. My main aim was to keep the speed at 160, let the racer pass then I stay on its tail, atleast I had enough momentum to increase my speed even though my 4 banger was only churning out 177hp.

The vehicle in question was a few yards away from me when it revealed its identity, a VW Passat B5, the bumper was a bit extra ordinary and I noticed the silver Insignia V8, I saw a passenger in the vehicle waving and I was looking at both my side mirrors whether I had an issue and he was trying to warn me or not, I didn't notice anything neither did I have handling problem. I moved to the right hand side and signalled with my hand for the vehicle to pass me by, the driver didn't and the passenger stopped waving, entered inside and reappeared within seconds with a rod, the road was now a free downhill descend and I looked at the vehicle again and it wasn't a rod, yes it wasn't a rod, my spit got hooked in my throat and my fear was realized, HIGHWAY ROBBERS

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by nurey(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
My village is in a lonely state in Nigeria, has the highest tree crop farmers in Nigeria and the greater % of road vehicles were trucks conveying cocoa, oil palm, rubber, kolanut and a vast other crops to other locations when needed. The town is majorly known as the shoeless wealth because majority of the population were very rich but been that farming is the major occupation there, people seldom dress like they were wealthy, they never show wealth through material things but through their offspring by sending them abroad.

The passat refused to come closer and the passenger was now aiming the gun dangerously at my vehicle, I heard a gunshot and I was frightened what came into my mind was the curse Sharon laid on me when I told her I was leaving Canada for Nigeria and we may never see each other. Her parents never liked me and I knew she won't follow me to Nigeria as her notion of marriage was a bowl of ice cream kept in the blazing sun.

I came back to reality when I heard stop there, stop there or I go comot ya head, I had already started slowing down and the vehicle was side by side to my car, the armed guy nudging the car for me to park at the kerb.

if you an avid follower of weapons you will know that a shotgun was only potent in close range and not far, there were 5 heads, the two I can clearly see were the front passenger welding a sawed off shot gun and the rear passenger passenger with an AXE, this lots were no highway robbers but kidnappers. If you are from my village then you know getting kidnapped is worst than dining with the devil. Knowing they needed me alive and the prowess of my vehicle, I stepped on the throttle after brushing their vehicle to one side, I stepped on the gas like my life depended on it and the vehicle lunched like he'll on wheels, they followed suite albeit late and the rat race began.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by CityNGR: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
nurey:
My village is in a lonely state in Nigeria, has the highest tree crop farmers in Nigeria and the greater % of road vehicles were trucks conveying cocoa, oil palm, rubber, kolanut and a vast other crops to other locations when needed. The town is majorly known as the shoeless wealth because majority of the population were very rich but been that farming is the major occupation there, people seldom dress like they were wealthy, they never show wealth through material things but through their offspring by sending them abroad.

The passat refused to come closer and the passenger was now aiming the gun dangerously at my vehicle, I heard a gunshot and I was frightened what came into my mind was the curse Sharon laid on me when I told her I was leaving Canada for Nigeria and we may never see each other. Her parents never liked me and I knew she won't follow me to Nigeria as her notion of marriage was a bowl of ice cream kept in the blazing sun.

I came back to reality when I heard stop there, stop there or I go comot ya head, I had already started slowing down and the vehicle was side by side to my car, the armed guy nudging the car for me to park at the kerb.

if you an avid follower of weapons you will know that a shotgun was only potent in close range and not far, there were 5 heads, the two I can clearly see were the front passenger welding a sawed off shot gun and the rear passenger passenger with an AXE, this lots were no highway robbers but kidnappers. If you are from my village then you know getting kidnapped is worst than dining with the devil. Knowing they needed me alive and the prowess of my vehicle, I stepped on the throttle after brushing their vehicle to one side, I stepped on the gas like my life depended on it and the vehicle lunched like he'll on wheels, they followed suite albeit late and the rat race began.
I am all ears!!

Cc
Diportivo eni iree feloo
Obekediamondfuto
Kingreign
Gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by nurey(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
It didn't take less than 2 minutes before the passat caught up with me and this time, the driver rammed my rear continously and I was struggling to keep my vehicle on the road, I opined that if I could smash his radiator, I could make a quick get away.

My assailants had something else in mind, the passat driver eased off, then charged at me and rammed me hard at rear left, my front side lunched upwards and right wards, I landed in a gully first, vehicle went airborne again and I saw my vehicle shaking trees both right and left like a wrestling champion about to enter the ring, a downward plunged into the unknown and all I could hear was severe scratches, breaking and slaps from different objects both in the vehicle and outside, after several rock about like the great wheel of texas, I heard a loud thud, airbags deployed and blood made a lovely design on the airbag like a Geisha's gown.

I had a broken left hand, blood filled face and a rod stuck ed in my leg, It felt like my head had swollen like a air balloon and I was gasping for breath. I heard sound of people coming down and I can't remember whether I was dead or I fainted, I just didn't move but I was obvious of happenings in my surrounding.

someone drag my body from the column and another was saying "he don die make we take all him money" they were saying all sorts until something spooked them and they left me there, whether they got to my belongings or not, I can't say, the last thing I saw before waking up in the hospital was the face of a man with white beards and black hair, he was saying some incarnations in my dialect before I closed my eyes only to wake up in the hospital like a "Kunfu mummy" grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
nurey:
It didn't take less than 2 minutes before the passat caught up with me and this time, the driver rammed my rear continously and I was struggling to keep my vehicle on the road, I opined that if I could smash his radiator, I could make a quick get away.

My assailants had something else in mind, the passat driver eased off, then charged at me and rammed me hard at rear left, my front side lunched upwards and right wards, I landed in a gully first, vehicle went airborne again and I saw my vehicle shaking trees both right and left like a wrestling champion about to enter the ring, a downward plunged into the unknown and all I could hear was severe scratches, breaking and slaps from different objects both in the vehicle and outside, after several rock about like the great wheel of texas, I heard a loud thud, airbags deployed and blood made a lovely design on the airbag like a Geisha's gown.

I had a broken left hand, blood filled face and a rod stuck ed in my leg, It felt like my head had swollen like a air balloon and I was gasping for breath. I heard sound of people coming down and I can't remember whether I was dead or I fainted, I just didn't move but I was obvious of happenings in my surrounding.

someone drag my body from the column and another was saying "he don die make we take all him money" they were saying all sorts until something spooked them and they left me there, whether they got to my belongings or not, I can't say, the last thing I saw before waking up in the hospital was the face of a man with white beards and black hair, he was saying some incarnations in my dialect before I closed my eyes only to wake up in the hospital like a "Kunfu mummy" grin

Ah, complete the story na. Did you later die?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by nurey(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ah, complete the story na. Did you later die?
I can't really remember whether I died or not, but let me ask ORUNMILA

16 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by diportivo: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
nurey almost got felled by a tree sha cry

1 Like

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by CityNGR: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
nurey:

Thank God for your life. See why my W210 E320 is my beloved highway tank driver?! Not flashy and a mere b5 Passat will not dare such nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by laivwire(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
nurey:

That was a PIT maneuver. You were lucky, they could have blown your head off Ab initio.

I for park run enter bush oh.
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
More reasons not to drive slow cars.
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by CityNGR: 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
laivwire:

That was a PIT maneuver. You were lucky, they could have blown your head off Ab initio.

I for park run enter bush oh.
Please don't try such nonsense o!! They will hunt you down like a rabbit. Your best bet is to slug it out on the open road... Nurey was just unfortunate to be caught in a useless 4 potter with max HP of 177!

7 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by justiniyke29: 2:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Wow nurey yours is way worse than mine. I came out with no body injuries apart from a slight sprain in my wrist
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by soberdrunk(m): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2018
angry
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Kenekingisback: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Campaigning for APC
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by kuntash: 7:40am On Dec 17, 2018
Imagine what comes to FP as at this time of the year ..

SMH

1 Like

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2018
We Will always thank God for life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Factfinder1(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2018
February 18 2018...im alive today by the grace of God

I came out with no single scratch

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by goshen26: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2018
The worst accident victims are not alive to share this.....

Appreciate God for His kindness...

4 Likes

Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Jonadull: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2018
About a year ago . And I’m still having concussions
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Jonadull: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2018
goshen26:
The worst accident victims are not alive to share this.....

Appreciate God for His kindness...
Trash
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by royalair(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2018
Had a blown out tyre on my way to Mbano. Those in imostate will be familiar with the place. Was on about 120km/hr or more and I was driving on a one way. Las Las na God d protect person no be how experienced you are
Re: Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2018
Knowing Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Airport Safety: State Government Orders Relocation Of TV Mast / FG To Shut Section Of Third Mainland Bridge In January 2024 / Uae Embassy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.