Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria (23711 Views)

Peter Obi Deletes Tweet Where He Referred To Bola Tinubu As President / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet About Anambra Inferno / Garba Shehu Deletes Tweet On How CCTV Caught Attempt To Rob Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Prof Osinbajo should have rebutted it. Man can know everything. It was likely a mistake.
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by deleo16(m): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2018
Baroba:
A lot of Nigerian politicians do not deal with fact and figures, there campaign is based on sentiments and useless soundbites..Watch Kenyan, Rwandan or even our neighbors Ghanaian political class then you realise how overrated our education system is..Most Nigerians do not think critically, we are way too emotional..

Moghalu seems to be different, probably due to his exposure having worked as a lecturer at Tuft Uni and of course spending 17 years at the UN helps..
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Compliant:
YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST SO CONFUSED.

PETER OBI SAID IN 2015 $41B FDI, HE DELETED IT AND WROTE IN 2014 $21B FDI

KINDLY CHECK THE IMAGE IN PAGE 1 WITH THE ONE YOU POSTED PLEASE

SOME PDP SUPPORTERS HERE ALSO SAID HE DOES NOT HAVE TWITTER ACCOUNT

PLS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I AM NOT FOR APC

I AM NOT FOR PDP

Its called floundering. They can't help it. To defend a liar they are also forced to tell lies of their own

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Mylove55(f): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
GeeStaff:
Everyone makes mistakes.

Check my signature
the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist are using the same lie to be hailing liar obi since the debate.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Mylove55(f): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
jumobi1:
Prof Osinbajo should have rebutted it. Man can know everything. It was likely a mistake.
the prof corrected the liar obi many times,
The prof was even tired of correcting the liar obi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by emerged01(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
Dedetwo:

Though the tweet is public however not meant for walking-dead on the street. Those who are on the know and familiar with FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) understood that delimiter is needed on the figures.
It is such a shame that the one who spent part of his life in school couldn't identify a senseless post when he sees one.
If you claimed the FDI generated was $4.1b in 2015,and in Obi's tweets,as at last year the economy attracted $12b. Tell me what point was he trying to make?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
emerged01:

It is such a shame that the one who spent part of his life in school couldn't identify a senseless post when he sees one.
If you claimed the FDI generated was $4.1b in 2015,and in Obi's tweets,as at last year the economy attracted $12b. Tell me what point was he trying to make?

I am of the view that Obi honestly tried to indict the present government of incompetence in the area of foreign investment attraction. Again, those on the know about FDI knew Peter Obi meant $4.1B and present government could only show for its effort the sum of $1.2B not $12B. This is the danger of talking to people who merely live off the facts they get from a silly post when the subject in discussion is way above their punching class.
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by docadams: 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
Racoon:

Sorry! You guys have so become engrossed in your overdrive that even VP Osinbajo obvious lies on the issue of Rice Importation, Subsidy, Antigraft War, Infrastructure and even Corruption("No grand corruption in this government" ) have all been relegated to the background.Too bad!

You tried but the poo stench of lies on Obi has come to stay till eternity at that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Sunmolar(m): 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
Righteousness89:
Busted!! PETER OBI IS NOT ON TWITTER!!
He has Said this Countless times!
STOP PEDDLING FAKE NEWS

Peter obi is not Twitter! Stop peddling Fake News! Where is Lai Mohammed!

Peter did not Lie about the FDI

https://www.ncc.gov.ng/docman-main/industry-statistics/research-reports/735-nmis-effects-cybercrime-foreign-direct-investment/file
then who deleted the twit?his paid agent I guess. if it's the other way round now you guys will be shouting obi the VP with heads over heels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
See them,babacele.....you guys can try harder,don't worry after the presidential debate, I will see how far you guys will go to paint atiku bad.
Wonderful people.
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Arsenella007(f): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by trappatoni(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
Dedetwo:

This is a typo. He meant $4.1B which is acceptable exaggeration.
There is nothing like acceptable exaggeration, we need facts. Does 4.1 and 3.4 sound the same to you. The figure was reeled out for a specific reason and it backfired.

Nigeria will be better without any of these rogues in APC or PDP but with people like you backing such gibberish then I shudder for the future of this nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Babacele: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Bizibi:
See them,babacele.....you guys can try harder,don't worry after the presidential debate, I will see how far you guys will go to paint atiku bad.
Wonderful people.
Atiku are yoked together in this and are already being caught changing figures and brazenly changing documented narratives and you ain't bordered? Are you that wicked?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by longerthroat(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2018
Peter was quoting #FAKE figures, knowing that idiots don't verify information... sorry few Wise ones do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
Babacele:
Atiku are yoked together in this and are already being caught changing figures and brazenly changing documented narratives and you ain't bordered? Are you that wicked?
hehehehehe see ehhh,na next year I dey wait for,i want to see how you guys will defend buhari.....
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Ferdinandu(m): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
Righteousness89:
STOP PEDDLING FAKE NEWS

https://www.ncc.gov.ng/docman-main/industry-statistics/research-reports/735-nmis-effects-cybercrime-foreign-direct-investment/file
He is not on twitter but that is a verified badge on that account.
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Casemiro(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
> it is well

foreign

choi shocked big momas garden direction Natural home remedies
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by 4Play(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
emerged01:

FDI inflows was definitely not $12bn in 2017. You are probably including portfolio inflows.

Net FDI inflows in 2017 was $3.5bn, $4.4bn in 2016, $3.1bn in 2015 and $4.6bn in 2014. This is according to UNCTAD.

So Peter Obi's figures are way wrong. Mind you, we used to have up to $8bn during the GEJ and Yar'Adua years so we have fallen off significantly. This is frustrating given that we should aiming for much higher FDI levels and not regressing.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/topics/Economy/Balance-of-Payments-Capital-and-financial-account/Net-FDI-inflows%3fmode=amp[/url]

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by stanthonynaija: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
Shookonekilla:
APC and more propaganda

Lies lies and lies ..you used online Twitter generators to generate tweets

Even a highschool student can do that

The energy you online APC touts use in spreading lies and propaganda can be best served in creating a realistic economic plan for buhari since he isn't intelligent enough to create one himself,
or man up and enlist into the military and come join us at the FLOT

You guys use too much energy to creating fake propaganda just to discredit the opposition all because you aren't intelligent enough to tackle Nigeria's real economic issues
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by emerged01(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
4Play:

FDI inflows was definitely not $12bn in 2017. You are probably including portfolio inflows.

Net FDI inflows in 2017 was $3.5bn, $4.4bn in 2016, $3.1bn in 2015 and $4.6bn in 2014. This is according to UNCTAD.

So Peter Obi's figures are way wrong. Mind you, we used to have up to $8bn during the GEJ and Yar'Adua years so we have fallen off significantly. This is frustrating given that we should aiming for much higher FDI levels and not regressing.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/topics/Economy/Balance-of-Payments-Capital-and-financial-account/Net-FDI-inflows%3fmode=amp[/url]
Thank you for the details.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by GambaOsaka: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Righteousness89:
STOP PEDDLING FAKE NEWS

I follow him on Twitter Mr atikulate.....

Mr China was spewing lies during the debate yesterday. Just like Omisore during the Osun state governorship debate.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Yatahamal: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
Tetehjewels:

He also lied about countries that are members of BRICS.

He said Indonesia and Turkey are members when BRICS only has five nations as members.

BRAZIL, RUSSIA, INDIA, CHINA and SOUTH AFRICA

No Indonesia and no Turkey
That's not a lie, he is just dumb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
shocked shocked shocked Obi fall my hand o, I was already seriously considering voting for him and Atiku. Na to switch back to Moghalu remain. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
donphiilopus:

An account that was verified by twitter? Are you serious? Did he say that or not? And is that one of the so-called fact and figures of the certified stammering liar?

You get time to reply this kind people?
I always keep low key anytime am in the east cause my brothers have gone mad again.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by donphiilopus(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:

I always keep low key anytime am in the east cause my brothers have gone mad again.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
GeeStaff:
Everyone makes mistakes.

Check my signature

Too many lies in yesterday's debate for it to be mistake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Ovamboland(m): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
mekaboy:
Hypocrites and sycophants will always be petty and ignore the truth. That's how they went on to talk about obis watch out of all he said. Wether he got the statistics right or wrong, has Nigeria moved forward or backward?

Did unemployment rise from 2015?

Did fuel price rice from 2015?

Are we still paying subsidy in 2018?

Have we attracted less foreign investment than we did in 2015?

If we are paying 145 for fuel from 86 with subsidy, we can pay 220 without subsidy and that money will be channeled to somewhere even Nigerians who don't own cars will benefit.

Because if we don't remove subsidy, we will still buy fuel at 220 and still pay subsidy.

Has Nigeria become capital of the world ?

This thing is not a joke people's lives are affected Negatively each day by these figures and we joke about it online. We all have friends and relatives affected Negatively by this administration. We don't don't pick their calls and refuse to help them, claiming things are hard for us too. But we come online to support the incompetence of this administration. Things might be working for you, but how you sure you will not be a victim of the increased crime rate as a result of rise in unemployment, while you wait for your region to produce president in the next 4 years?

It is better we do what China is doing than to Borrow money from them. - Peter obi.

At $60 a barrel of oil containing 159 litres that comes to 135 naira for one litre of crude, but to many of you it makes sense to buy petrol at 87 or 40 per litre.

Do you think they dilute the crude oil with water during the refining process?

Will Obi also do what China is doing to looters? Or let them walk freely because he doesn't want to close his shop.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by deji17: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Giringory Obigotry the liar

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:

I tell u bro,

it saddens my heart

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC To Matawalle: Well Done For Stopping The Bogus Pension / Alpha Beta: Apara Is Attacking Tinubu To Divert Attention From His Crimes / Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.