Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo (24775 Views)

I’m Not Spare Tyre, I Do Not ‘Bedwet’ — NNPP Presidential Candidate, Kwankwaso / Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Ecstasy154(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2018
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says he is not a spare tyre to the president, emphasising that his roles as the number two citizen are spelt out in the constitution.

Osinbajo said this during the vice-presidential debate organised by the Nigerian Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON).

He said this differs from the constitution of other countries.

Asked how taking the job of the vice-president has been since he assumed office over three years, Osinbajo said the demand of the role has since increased his grey hair.

He, however, said despite the herculean nature of his job, it has also been rewarding.

“I am sure that those who know me quite well know that my hair was not this grey when I started out in 2015. So really, it has been tasking,” Osinbajo said.

“And it has also been an incredibly rewarding experience especially looking at it from the point of view of the ability to do the things that one wanted to do all along as an individual.

“The role is one where you are in many senses the chief adviser to the president of the country and possibly the one person that would represent him when when he is absent for a meeting and even when he is absent for a longer period.

“So there is a sense in which the role of the vice president is one that very closely mirrors the role of the president in very profound ways.

“But our vice-presidency is different from that of other countries. Because unlike other countries, even countries that have similar constitutions, our own constitution actually specifies role for the vice president. The vice president is the chairman of the national economic council…that is a constitutional role.

“In some senses, those who say the role of the vice president is like a spare tyre have it wrong because they are probably looking at other jurisdictions. In our jurisdiction, there are specific roles that the vice-president is entitled by law to perform.

“The vice president is also the chairman of the NCP, that is the national council of privatisation , the vice president is also statutory chairman over 22 parastatals and agencies and these are defined by law.

“That role is one that a good degree of trust is required between the president and the vice president. The role of the vice-president is one which also requires, I think, a great deal of patience because you may not always agree with the policies.”

https://www.thecable.ng/im-not-buharis-spare-tyre-says-osinbajo/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2018
Man wey sabi.....

The next President after SAI BABA BGG...

Take us to the NEXT LEVEL abeg....

49 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Abfinest007(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2018
if u are not spare tyre it means u are a bad tyre

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by XplicitDOW: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
osibanjo won the heart of the elites.
others tot vp post is like dat of kparakpo

constitution roles n roles delegated was well emphasized while others were busy chewing wailing gum

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by blujoi(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
I hope those that blame Atiku for Obj’s policies can read this. The role of the Vice President is purely advisory, and can not formulate policies on behalf of the President.

30 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by JasonScoolari: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
We all know that you're a "Mere Commissioner" and not a spare tyre.

Don't mind them sir.

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by amamahdaniel(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
post=73865168:
Man wey sabi.....

The next President after SAI BABA BGG..

When will atiku & Buhari debate?
Can't wait to watch i swear grin

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by abdulaz: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
You say what?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by castrokins(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Must Be A Wheel Spanner Then. ..

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Samirana360(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
lol
Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by mosegifted: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Abfinest007:
if u are not spare tyre it means u are a bad tyre

Ten bottles for you grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by kurt09(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
My role model

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by superior1: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Me thinks you are used and abandoned tyre, spare too good

14 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by OboOlora(f): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Omo, this barbecue boy don kolo finish o. The boy de suffer still de blindly support people wey de make am suffer.
Na congenital stupidity be this ooo hahaha

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Memphis357(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
With regards the just concluded Vice Presidential debate,if a Professor of Law can put up a very poor performance in a debate like this....then what performance do we expect from his boss that just obtained his WAEC Certificate just last month?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
You own a shop where goods always get missing.

Solution

@PeterObi
- Install modern security gadgets
- Retrain staff
- Tag each product with microchip
- Increase sales

@ProfOsinbajo
- Lock shop
- Sit outside with machete
- Chase away suspicious looking person
- Die of hunger

104 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Trustee1: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Buhari doesn't need a spare tyre! He runs a damaged car that moves nowhere! So both of you are brain less and not useful.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Good for u
Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Ngwamankillyou(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Look at spare tyre without air talking.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by ilohvictor(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
spare tyre you are Mr "osinbade"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hahahahahahahaha
But you are his ENGINE OIL, AIRBAG and HEADLAMP

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
XplicitDOW:
osibanjo won the heart of the elites.
others tot vp post is like dat of kparakpo

constitution roles n roles delegated was well emphasized while others were busy chewing wailing gum
God bless you.
You said it all.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Metuh: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
post=73865168:
Man wey sabi.....
The next President after SAI BABA BGG...
Take us to the NEXT LEVEL abeg....
He is a Spare tyre. grin

10 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Bannylove13: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Who dash am SPARE..

SOMEONE CALLED HIM " Mere"

..and he has rightfully taken his mereship..

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Xbareman: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hmm!

If osibanjo acts the way he speaks, we will not be in this poo.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by vivalavida(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
If I hear

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Pharaoh350s(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
What's this one saying
After he got a black ass wo.... Last night!

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Metuh: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Osibande the spare tyre aka Mere commissioner of condolences and market women affairs. grin

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Beetobee(f): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
Say it loud and clear! And because you Principal trusts you, any time he is away you are the Acting President. Atiku has never been Acting President in his eight years. Trust issues.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by deboysben(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
Perhaps that's what you are

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Buhari’s Spare Tyre, Says Osinbajo by Samirana360(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
that short man devil is as confused as a bamboo....
I don't really know how u became a professor, am not sure u even attended univ. ....ur performance yesterday was awful....

back to d topic
u r not his spare tyre, u r his condemned tyre

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Moving To Bribe Senators To Avoid Impeachment - PDP / Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.