Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics (1339 Views)

You Are Not An Engineer: Tinubu Aide Replies Obasanjo On Port Harcourt Refinery / 2023: Onanuga Urge Buhari To Repay Tinubu's Support, Atiku's Aide Replies / Paul Ibe: Lai Mohammed Smoking Weed – Atiku’s Aide Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by nebokings(m): 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
From the stable of Barr. Valentine Obienyem (Media-Aide to Mr Peter Obi)

Peter Obi and Figures: the issue of cars on Nigerian Roads

Mr. Peter Obi is attracted to figures as bees are to honey. It is one area he does not go wrong. As the Governor, he had four different sizes of calculators on his table. It was common to see him correcting innocent errors of figures on memos submitted to him, especially those above what they should be. As for those below what they should be, he took them as part of saving money for the state.

A few months ago, he quoted the number of out-of-school children in Nigeria, whereupon the Presidency accused him of bandying wrong figures. He went to the extent of quoting UBEC as his source. The controversy raged until I published the link where the UBEC boss gave that figure.

Yesterday, he said that Nigeria had 2m+ cars on the road. Some people questioned the figure, showing us the records from Bureau of Statistics. Obi was talking of number of active vehicles plying our roads and not those parked in the houses or elsewhere.

Many rich Nigerians have over 15 vehicles parked in their houses out of which they put an average of three on the road. Many vehicles are still uncleared in the wharfs, many are in the market seeking buyers. 2m+ are actively on the roads.

Peter Obi is very correct in the figure that he gave.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by globemoney01: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
lmao so out of over 10 million cars only 2 million are in active use. I earlier said both obi and his supporters lack common sense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by quickberry(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
grin

Shey dis people know the number of cars wey dey ply lagos roads everyday? Na Lagos alone be dat ooo.....Obigot is a certified liar

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by nebokings(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
globemoney01:
lmao so out of over 10 million cars only 2 million are in active use. I earlier said both obi and his supporters lack common sense

can we see your own figure

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by nebokings(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
quickberry:
grin

Shey dis people know the number of cars wey dey ply lagos roads everyday? Na Lagos alone be dat ooo.....Obigot is a certified liar

someone would just be in his room and be saying nonsense just because android phones are now very cheap while sub are now cheaper.

Can we see your own Statistics

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by quickberry(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
nebokings:

My father would just be in his room and be saying nonsense just because android phones are now very cheap while sub are now cheaper.

Can we see my father's statistics

Fixed

Oya, gerarahia

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Bannylove13: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
No need for rebuttal zombies are practical joker's..

They lack understanding and comprehension..

Trashing Osibanjo.. yesternight..tool sleep from them..
Waking up to find out not even one Apc governor did acknowledge Osibanjo and seeing cheers and acknowledgent all over Obi..did a lot of damage to their psych..

The natural bitterness was exhumed..and all went Gaga..

But HOW TRADER TAKE HUMBLE SAN ..AND PROFESSOR OF LAW.. BAFFLES ME..

EVEN WITH ALL HIS SOPHISTICATED NESS..

HABA..

I NOR BLAMES ZOMBIES SHA..

ITS EXPECTED..

EVERYTHING TO THEM NA LIE..

MEANWHILE THE PROFESSOR WAS THERE WITH A CHANCE OF REBUTTAL..BUT THE OLODO SAN ..NO EVEN KNOW..

HISTORU BEEN MADE..

ANOTHER DEBATE ANOTHER VENUE..

BELIEVE ME..

TRADER GO STILL GIVE SOPHISTICATES SAN TUTORIALS..

THIS TIME ..
WELL INFORMED TUTORIALS..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Johnnyessence(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
nebokings:
From the stable of Barr. Valentine Obienyem (Media-Aide to Mr Peter Obi)

Peter Obi and Figures: the issue of cars on Nigerian Roads

Mr. Peter Obi is attracted to figures as bees are to honey. It is one area he does not go wrong. As the Governor, he had four different sizes of calculators on his table. It was common to see him correcting innocent errors of figures on memos submitted to him, especially those above what they should be. As for those below what they should be, he took them as part of saving money for the state.

A few months ago, he quoted the number of out-of-school children in Nigeria, whereupon the Presidency accused him of bandying wrong figures. He went to the extent of quoting UBEC as his source. The controversy raged until I published the link where the UBEC boss gave that figure.

Yesterday, he said that Nigeria had 2m+ cars on the road. Some people questioned the figure, showing us the records from Bureau of Statistics. Obi was talking of number of active vehicles plying our roads and not those parked in the houses or elsewhere.

Many rich Nigerians have over 15 vehicles parked in their houses out of which they put an average of three on the road. Many vehicles are still uncleared in the wharfs, many are in the market seeking buyers. 2m+ are actively on the roads.

Peter Obi is very correct in the figure that he gave.
all the analysis of peter obi are true. the cable journalist that analyse his point didn't research very well. alot of Nigeria are analysing his views, they are very true with source. peter obi is an icon to move with. God bless him

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Minjim: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
You be mentioning vehicles in Wharf and those not registeted.
The 11million metioned was gotten from registered vehicles.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Minjim: 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
all the analysis of peter obi are true. the cable journalist that analyse his point didn't research very well. alot of Nigeria are analysing his views, they are very true with source. peter obi is an icon to move with. God bless him

When you blatantly defend inaccuracy and lies, it will rob off on u.

While Obi was saying 2 million cars, why didnt he qoute any source ?

Now, where did Obi get his 2 million figures from?
Or does pdp have an agency that keeps record of cars plying the Nigerian roads?

He cant just pick figures in the air. He has to rely on recognised agencies

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Johnnyessence(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
Minjim:

what obi said yesterday was truth and fact. nairametrics.com has analysed more on the 2m cars obi mentioned. it was true.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by budaatum: 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Minjim:

Get the pdpcarapp. It counts cars driven on the roads and gives you free fuel.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by bender79: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
Bannylove13:
No need for rebuttal zombies are practical joker's..

They lack understanding and comprehension..

Trashing Osibanjo.. yesternight..tool sleep from them..
Waking up to find out not even one Apc governor did acknowledge Osibanjo and seeing cheers and acknowledgent all over Obi..did a lot of damage to their psych.. We

The natural bitterness was exhumed..and all went Gaga..

But HOW TRADER TAKE HUMBLE SAN ..AND PROFESSOR OF LAW.. BAFFLES ME..

EVEN WITH ALL HIS SOPHISTICATED NESS..

HABA..

I NOR BLAMES ZOMBIES SHA..

ITS EXPECTED..

EVERYTHING TO THEM NA LIE..

MEANWHILE THE PROFESSOR WAS THERE WITH A CHANCE OF REBUTTAL..BUT THE OLODO SAN ..NO EVEN KNOW..

HISTORU BEEN MADE..

ANOTHER DEBATE ANOTHER VENUE..

BELIEVE ME..

TRADER GO STILL GIVE SOPHISTICATES SAN TUTORIALS..

THIS TIME ..
WELL INFORMED TUTORIALS..
Trash! Bigoted write-up
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Minjim: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
budaatum:

Get the pdpcarapp. It counts cars driven on the roads and gives you free fuel.

Pdp car ke ?

Give me a link to it cos when i searched on google i came up with nothing.

However , according to the NBS which the most credible source for statistics in Nig

https://autojosh.com/vehicle-population-in-q1-2017/

there are estimated 12m vehicles in Ng of which 6m are commercial.

I think when Atiku comes for his debate , he should learn from Obi's error and stick to verifiable facts rather than verifiable fictions.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Minjim: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
what obi said yesterday was truth and fact. nairametrics.com has analysed more on the 2m cars obi mentioned. it was true.

Gimme a link to that ur Nairametric.com

According to the NBS which is the most
credible source for statistics in Nig
https://autojosh.com/vehicle-population-in-
q1-2017/
there are estimated 12m vehicles in Ng of which
6m are commercial.
I think when Atiku comes for his debate , he
should learn from Obi's error and stick to
verifiable facts rather than verifiable fictions.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Bannylove13: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
bender79:
Trash! Bigoted write-up

That's what your fellows been doing all day..just to discredit Obi..

Is a little dose.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Johnnyessence(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Minjim:

Gimme a link to that ur Nairametric.com

According to the NBS which is the most
credible source for statistics in Nig
https://autojosh.com/vehicle-population-in-
q1-2017/
there are estimated 12m vehicles in Ng of which
6m are commercial.
I think when Atiku comes for his debate , he
should learn from Obi's error and stick to
verifiable facts rather than verifiable fictions.
It's so sad to note that most Nigerians are not exposed enough to read with understanding.
So yesterday, Peter Obi said the total number of cars in Nigeria is 2 million and he's right.
But first, let's examine the difference between a car and a vehicle.
A car is a specific type of vehicle (usually with 4 wheels) used for transporting people and their pets
where as vehicle can be a car, a keke napep, a bike, a train, something/anything you use to move around with
You see, when people quote the 11 million figure, they are quoting the total number of Vehicles in Nigeria , and that includes everything from keke napep to okada, not just cars as show by this report below.
https://nairametrics.com/vehicle-population-in-nigeria-is-11547236-nbs-data/
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Minjim: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
It's so sad to note that most Nigerians are not exposed enough to read with understanding.
So yesterday, Peter Obi said the total number of cars in Nigeria is 2 million and he's right.
But first, let's examine the difference between a car and a vehicle.
A car is a specific type of vehicle (usually with 4 wheels) used for transporting people and their pets
where as vehicle can be a car, a keke napep, a bike, a train, something/anything you use to move around with
You see, when people quote the 11 million figure, they are quoting the total number of Vehicles in Nigeria , and that includes everything from keke napep to okada, not just cars as show by this report below.
https://nairametrics.com/vehicle-population-in-nigeria-is-11547236-nbs-data/

Did you bother to read ur link at all?

Your comments has nothing to do with the link you provided and a careful look at your link shows it qouted NBS.
NBS never mentioned cars. They only differentiate bwt commercial and private.

I'll advice you yo read ur link first.

Your attempt at misleading is very blatant
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by chiangwar: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
That all APC can talk about?

globemoney01:
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by budaatum: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
Minjim:

Pdp car ke ?

Give me a link to it cos when i searched on google i came up with nothing.
Sorry. But I'm informed it's only available to those who are athiefulated! Free car, free fuel, free driver, and someone to play with you while you're driven. All paid for with atikuloot!
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Afamed: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Ass licker. Obi is right, including his only 1 wristwatch he early claimed to have.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Afamed: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Minjim:

Did you bother to read ur link at all?

Your comments has nothing to do with the link you provided and a careful look at your link shows it qouted NBS.
NBS never mentioned cars. They only differentiate bwt commercial and private.

I'll advice you yo read ur link first.

Your attempt at misleading is very blatant
Ignore that boy. He's a known serial liar with bad memory
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Johnnyessence(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
Afamed:

Ass licker. Obi is right, including his only 1 wristwatch he early claimed to have.
zombie you really love his wristwatch.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Ahamefuna0001(m): 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
In one of PYO's response he was like:”
I know my learned colleague knows a lot about all this”
Only that acknowledgement alone sef,you guys should know say na OBI win the debate.
Even people weh no watch the debate last night know say na OBI win base on short short clips weh them watch ooo.
Talk more of us weh watch am from 7pm till 9:30pm.
He killed it,that dude should be going for the post of presidency and not V.P.
Is very intelligent and way experienced in implementing economics policy instead of looking for the rat that stole your meat while your house is on fire.
Re: 2019 Election Debate : Mr Peter Obi Media Aide Replies To Critics by Afamed: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
zombie you really love his wristwatch.
Mugu , the lying General

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Major General Buhari Arriving At The Air Force Base In Kano / Shame On You! FFK To Gen Yakubu Gowon / Special Advisers And Senior Special Assistants To Governors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.