Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,239 members, 7,780,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:01 PM

There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (14743 Views)

Am I Into Witchcraft Or What's Wrong? Pastors In The House / Magic Mushrooms Or Magic Plants / There Is No Existence Of Witchcraft Or Money Ritual, See Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by bolinjkezzy(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:
Vaxx, I need your opinion on this.

I visited a very close friend of mine last week who had not been able to walk for the past 8 months. According to him this was what happened :

On this fateful day he went clubbing as usual and decides to take a stroll to a brothel not far from the club. Then he was accosted by three young guys who brought out guns and knives. He said, they robbed him of his phones and wallets. And they started rubbing one of the knives over his body. There was no hard contact. So they asked him to start running but he could only walk backward because he was afraid. And they followed him till he got to a brt terminal. Before he knew it, he fell down and couldn't stand up again. He told me the knife was jazzed because that's the only explanation he could come up with. They didn't beat nor cut him. The only contact was the knife rubbing.

That's someone close to me. How do you expect me hear that and still believe there's no black magic?
Tell your friend to go see a doctor and moreover he might be drunk
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

Are you for real? Lol! Do we need to donate towards your school fees or something?

Tell me one thing that religion provides an explanation for?

Oya, luvmi, tell us just one thing religion provides an explanation for. Just 1

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

Really? Why not, 'until religion gives an explanation', I wonder!

Religion is already giving an explanation. That's why people's goes to spiritual center for healings.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2018
frank317:

Oya, luvmi, tell us just one thing religion provides an explanation for. Just 1

Don't you see people going to spiritual center for issues the hospital can't find solution to. Haven't you heard of a medical doctor advising patients to seek for alternative solutions to their issue.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Those guys don't use jazz. They appeal to your greed. First they make u play someone who is very easy to beat for some small money and u will bet your money and win. They might make u do this twice or more. One of them will probably seemingly be on your side telling u about how that guy is a fool who has a lot of money but loses it during a bet and how u can make easy money playing him.
You wouldn't believe I paid part of my way through college with this trick of eyi je, eyi o je, a three card game popular in its day. After spending most of my allowance swimming at Airport Hotel, I'd go top up at Ikeja and Oshodi on my way to Ijanikin, losing a couple of times then winning big! Touts would chase me down the road after I've won, telling their mates not to let me play "he is one of us". The disguises I had to put on so I didn't get recognised all the time!

They were meant to have jazz, but accused me of having better jazz, lol. Those fools thought they were smart without realising there's no way you can manipulate 3 cards all day without leaving distinguishing marks on them eventually. All I had to do was find my mark on the winning card and they were toast. The only regret is there wasn't enough of them for me to fleece for long enough as they soon packed up their crap along with their side gig of pocket picking!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Religion is already giving an explanation. That's why people's goes to spiritual center for healings.

Because people go somewhere for something doesn't mean they found answers there. Also I can give an explanation that the earth is resting on a back of a giant turtle. But have I actually given a reasonable explanation?
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2018
bolinjkezzy:

Tell your friend to go see a doctor and moreover he might be drunk

Yeah right. I too know.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Because people go somewhere for something doesn't mean they found answers there. Also I can give an explanation that the earth is resting on a back of a giant turtle. But have I actually given a reasonable explanation?

But some do. If there's no solution, no one will still be going there.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Don't you see people going to spiritual center for issues the hospital can't find solution to. Haven't you heard of a medical doctor advising patients to seek for alternative solutions to their issue.

U mean the lazy doctors who forget scissors and scalpels in people's body. U mean the average Nigerian doctor who will give any excuse for his failure?

Why am I not surprised?

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Luvmi, please respect us, if just a little! Have you ever gone to a spiritual centre for an issue hospitals can't find solution to? Did your issue get solved?

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

But some do. If there's no solution, no one will still be going there.

Lol. There is none. The problem is just that there is an unlimited supply of morons. Usually it is not the guys u see there last year that u see there this year. Some go there and when it fails, go to some other places. They keep going round and round until something gives or they just fade away.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

Are you for real? Lol! Do we need to donate towards your school fees or something?

Tell me one thing that religion provides an explanation for?

The money should be used to get you out of their cocoon of your and get you into the real world.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Lol. There is none. The problem is just that there is an unlimited supply of morons. Usually it is not the guys u see there last year that u see there this year. Some go there and when it fails, go to some other places. They keep going round and round until something gives or they just fade away.

Yeah right. You failed to realise that word of mouth is the biggest tool of publicity why religion is growing big.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

Luvmi, please respect us, if just a little! Have you ever gone to a spiritual centre for an issue hospitals can't find solution to? Did your issue get solved?

I've definitely be a witness to some. So you respect me when I'm speaking. Respect is reciprocal.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:
For instance, men once thought the sun revolves around the earth. Will you accuse men who believes that of being mental? You can't even accuse them of ignorance because their eyes is seeing the sun moving. From their perspective the sun was moving.
If science have not gone out of the Earth, none would have known that.
No, I would not accuse them of being ignorant, I'd just nicely say they did not know any better. Note how when they actually checked, by going out of the earth, as you claim, they changed their minds.

luvmijeje:
If you all are open-minded, you won't say black magic is bullshit. The first thing is to see things from their perspective.
Read my response about cards, luvmi. I was open-minded and able to see from their perspective. That's the reason I was able to beat them at their own game. And not a reason to be ignorant like they were.

luvmijeje:
Religions thrive because of your arrogance.
Religions thrive because of limited knowledge, luvmi. When you do science ("go out of the earth to check", as you put it) you'd actually know!
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Yeah right. You failed to realise that word of mouth is the biggest tool of publicity why religion is growing big.

Word of mouth doesn't mean things work. Can u explain to me why MFM members keep killing demons every year and they seem not to be any different? Yet they still invite u to their church.
The only reason they invite u is because they will like to think their method works. It is an expression of faith in their own methods. If not they will be admitting they have been fools all along. No religious person will admit that. Not even to themselves.

Also the law of large numbers play into the hands of this people. Imagine that someone is chronically ill. And he has been taking a lot of treatments. But his body is yet to begin to show signs of improvement. Then he starts visiting different babalawos. As he is visiting the 4th babalawo, his body begins to show improvement. He is going to start believing that babalawo 4 is powerful. But the truth is that 20 other people have visited babalawo 4 that year. And none of them got healed. The patient is lucky that his body has begun to respond to the real treatment. But because he is a slowpoke and a Nigerian, he probably starts believing babalawo 4 is the best thing since suya and telling everyone about it. Unfortunately the next 3 guys that visit the babalawo based on his recommendations died from their illness. But no one will announce that. We only announce success not failures. So babalawo still keeps getting visitors while maintain his 1:20 sucess-to-failure ratio. Mind u, the success itself is a fluke.

4 Likes

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

I've definitely be a witness to some. So you respect me when I'm speaking. Respect is reciprocal.
It's hard to when you obviously don't know much about what you speak of, luvmi, though I'm trying, trust me.

I read through some of your posts going back some, and notice you're not as religious as you used to be. Seems you've only recently had your mind opened a tiny bit and we would have to wait for it to open some more. I advise you to go learn about the scientific method. It will help.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

It's hard to when you obviously don't know much about what you speak of, luvmi, though I'm trying, trust me.

I read through some of your posts going back some, and notice you're not as religious as you used to be. Seems you've only recently had your mind opened a tiny bit and we would have to wait for it to open some more. I advise you to go learn about the scientific method. It will help.

You should also learn why people are religious. It wouldn't kill you to come down from that high horse of yours.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

You might not have heard the Chinese whisper.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

You noticed too. There is hope for her yet. She is a lady. And as sexist as I regret that this is going to sound, ladies are known for their willingness to believe in fantastic tales and that's why they are the most religious of the sexes. So it will be a little harder for her. But she just might pull it off eventually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

You should also learn why people are religious. It wouldn't kill you to come down from that high horse of yours.
I do know why people are religious. Religion is how we used to educate you once a week before we decided to turn it into school and educate you five days a week instead.

Five days, luvmi! But you want to claim what you learn on Sunday is superior!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Word of mouth doesn't mean things work. Can u explain to me why MFM members keep killing demons every year and they seem not to be any different? Yet they still invite u to their church.
The only reason they invite u is because they will like to think their method works. It is an expression of faith in their own methods. If not they will be admitting they have been fools all along. No religious person will admit that. Not even to themselves.

Also the law of large numbers play into the hands of this people. Imagine that someone is chronically ill. And he has been taking a lot of treatments. But his body is yet to begin to show signs of improvement. Then he starts visiting different babalawos. As he is visiting the 4th babalawo, his body begins to show improvement. He is going to start believing that babalawo 4 is powerful. But the truth is that 20 other people have visited babalawo 4 that year. And none of them got healed. The patient is lucky that his body has begun to respond to the real treatment. But because he is a slowpoke and a Nigerian, he probably starts believing babalawo 4 is the best thing since suya and telling everyone about it. Unfortunately the next 3 guys that visit the babalawo based on his recommendations died from their illness. But no one will announce that. We only announce success not failures. So babalawo still keeps getting visitors while maintain his 1:20 sucess-to-failure ratio. Mind u, the success itself is a fluke.

Fortunately I've once attended mfm and I will tell you one thing that I got from it. I learnt not dreaming is not normal. I've always thought it's normal not to dream. NPComplete you are talking to someone who has seen the good and bad side of religion. I'm telling you some of this are real.

If you are going against something, you need to understand the strength and weakness of it. You Atheists are underestimating what makes religion thick. And how our environment is a perfect recipes for it.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

I do know why people are religious. Religion is how we used to educate you once a week before we decided to turn it into school and educate you five days a week instead.

Five days, luvmi! But you want to claim what you learn on Sunday is superior!

You know nothing and you're not ready to learn.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDY1x9URxA

luvmijeje:

You Atheists are underestimating what makes religion thick.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 10:27am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Fortunately I've once attended mfm and I will tell you one thing that I got from it. I learnt not dreaming is not normal. I've always thought it's normal not to dream. NPComplete you are talking to someone who has seen the good and bad side of religion. I'm telling you some of this are real.

If you are going against something, you need to understand the strength and weakness of it. You Atheists are underestimating what makes religion thick. And how our environment is a perfect recipes for it.

U see what I said. Religion is not good for your health. Everybody dreams. But most times we do not remember what we dreamt about or whether we dreamt. Even the one we do remember is usually a minuscule percentage of what we actually dreamt about. That is the normal way dreams work. So once again those MFM guys have monkeyed up normal science.

Not an atheist by the way. But nobody is underestimating what makes religions tick. Not any atheist or irreligious person I know of does that. We know all exactly what makes religions tick. It is a result of the toxic combination of massive ignorance, superstitions, illiteracy, desperation, dogmatism and resistance to scrutiny.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

U see what I said. Religion is not good for your health. Everybody dreams. But most times we do not remember what we dreamt about or whether we dreamt. Even the one we do remember is usually a minuscule percentage of what we actually dreamt about. That is the normal way dreams work. So once again those MFM guys have monkeyed up normal science.

Not an atheist by the way. But nobody is underestimating what makes religions tick. Not any atheist or irreligious person I know of does that. We know all exactly what makes religions tick. It is a result of the toxic combination of massive ignorance, superstitions, illiteracy, desperation, dogmatism and resistance to scrutiny.

Bullshit. Do you know since then I've dreamt a lot of dreams that had come to pass in the real world. But because you are arrogant and ITK(I too know) you will wave it away.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Bullshit. Do you know since then I've dreamt a lot of dreams that had come to pass in the real world. But because you are arrogant and ITK(I too know) you will wave it away.

No u haven't dreamt a lot of dreams that came to pass in the real world. U have dreamt a few dreams that came to pass in real world. And so have I. So have a lot of other people who keep a mental record of their dreams. So there is nothing special in what u experienced.
If there is any correlation between dreams and real world events, the only way we will actually find that correlation is through science and not some Tinkerbell dust your religion sprinkles around.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

What's spiritual solution? Is this the explanation to things u so talk about? A lot of people have come from the so called to spiritual quest back to hospitals. A lot of people have died waiting spiritual solution. How does that shows that spiritual actually explains anything?

Besides most doctors ask patients to seek traditional healing not spiritual healing. Any doctor that asks u to seek spiritual healing is quack

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

No u haven't dreamt a lot of dreams that came to pass in the real world. U have dreamt a few dreams that came to pass in real world. And so have I. So have a lot of other people who keep a mental record of their dreams. So there is nothing special in what u experienced.
If there is any correlation between dreams and real world events, the only way we will actually find that correlation is through science and not some Tinkerbell dust your religion sprinkles around.

Finally we are getting to a middle ground. I have dreamt a lot and you have dreamt few. The most important thing is that we are able to defy logic to do it.

Because science have not find explanation for it, I'm sticking to the religion reason for it. Does that make me crazy? Does that make me mental? The same also goes for other things that science can't logically explain.

People are finding the reasons in religion.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2018
frank317:

What's spiritual solution? Is this the explanation to things u so talk about? A lot of people have come from the so called to spiritual quest back to hospitals. A lot of people have died waiting spiritual solution. How does that shows that spiritual actually explains anything?

Besides most doctors ask patients to seek traditional healing not spiritual healing. Any doctor that asks u to seek spiritual healing is quack

So you believe the aspect of the doctor telling the patient to seek for traditional help. Can you relate the title of this thread to the above?
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Finally we are getting to a middle ground. I have dreamt a lot and you have dreamt few. The most important thing is that we are able to defy logic to do it.

Because science have not find explanation for it, I'm sticking to the religion reason for it. Does that make me crazy? Does that make me mental? The same also goes for other things that science can't logically explain.

People are finding the reasons in religion.

Nope. U were not able to defy logic to do it. No logic states that u shouldn't be able to dream and they happen. None that I know of. So if u are aware of such logic, show me.

Yeah. You can stick to religious reason for anything because science has not found an explanation for it yet. But that doesn't mean that the religious reason is right. That's what u have just admitted. "I am believing in religious bullshit because science doesn't have alternative answers". Good for u. But don't come here and argue that ur religious answers are fact. Especially when u cannot prove it.

Thanks for admitting that your religion is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance as Neil deGrasse Tyson put it. I couldn't have put it as nice as u did.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Nope. U were not able to defy logic to do it. No logic states that u shouldn't be able to dream and they happen. None that I know of. So if u are aware of such logic, show me.

Yeah. You can stick to religious reason for anything because science has not found an explanation for it yet. But that doesn't mean that the religious reason is right. That's what u have just admitted. "I am believing in religious bullshit because science doesn't have alternative answers". Good for u. But don't come here and argue that ur religious answers are fact. Especially when u cannot prove it.

Thanks for admitting that your religion is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance as Neil deGrasse Tyson put it. I couldn't have put it as nice as u did.

Once again bullshit. The inability to predict the future is logic. Haven't you heard that no one can predict tomorrow. Just because it's not scientific doesn't mean it's not logic. The sun will set tomorrow is logic. It's not science.

And I'm not admitting to rubbish. As long as science doesn't have evidence, it stand on the same footing as religion.

You waiting for science explanation seems crazy to me. The same way me resorting to religion is crazy to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / Christmas Carol Song "Silent Night" Celebrates 200 Years Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.