Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

"Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) (46940 Views)

Can You Allow Your Babe To Open Her Bom Bom Like This (pics + Videos) / Ladies And Guys Having Fun In Benin Club (pics, Videos) / "Get Me Up" Man Screams As He's Sexually Assaulted By Ladies Who Held Him Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by BrokenCock: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2018
Baybii:

angry angry
u from rivers right? I go like touch u after I pay bride price oh! How u see am? U too fine
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by pocohantas(f): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
harassed how? because a pure water was thrown at the woman and all kinds of words were hauled at her, big deal.

Guy get sense na.
That is what God gave you brain for.

Are you this slow or you are acting it?

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by BrokenCock: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2018
Preetti:
That's how yaba boys behave
the igbotic-yoruba boys are extremely horneee. Its tgeir nature
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Ozkar: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
harassed how? because a pure water was thrown at the woman and all kinds of words were hauled at her, big deal.
would you still think it isn't a big deal if you were the one it happened to? Be sincere with yourself.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Gggg102(m): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
It's obvious you are lost.

The march was about sexual harassment like groping in market places.

And even the pure water throwing is assault.
The woman was assaulted for complaining about harassment. That it is not a big deal to you shows how much you've normalized abuse.

6 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by AHCB: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2018
pocohantas:

It brought a caveman like you to the fore.

Of course it might not change much. You know yourselves too well to know that a few lamentations cannot change the heart of a serial sexual offender...

It will take more than lamentations, we need a total overhaul and it will start from ensuring we don't bring up sons and daughters who will reason the way you do.
just like it brought a man hating nagging nitwit like you, right?

Well, still the same, just like we men know nothing can change the mind of an attention seeking nagging lonesome woman. Yep, that's why we don't complain about it because we know it's a fool's errand.

Overhaul my ass. You're deluded in thinking your docile lamentation will change anything. I believe you, who is ashamed of yourself, will be the one to raise the sons and daughters of nigerians, lord! Talk about serious acute symptoms of delusion.

2 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by LisaAnne(f): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2018
naijainstinct:
Go and die please. Frustrated lovepeddler
Right after you dive off a cliff squeaking maggot
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by pocohantas(f): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2018
Gggg102:

The woman was assaulted for complaining about harassment. That it is not a big deal to you shows how much you've normalized abuse.

Very lost, kudos to his parents.
Watch your post fly over his head...

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by AHCB: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2018
Gggg102:

nope, i'm not lost, you're the one who is lost.

Of course, I know what the march is about, but heck, groping in the market place is done by both men and women, that woman made it seem like the men are the ones doing it. I'm sure the women who sell tomatoes in yaba market can give her a crash course.

So according to you, she was assaulted and the best place to report the case is on the pages of social media, oh yes, she's creating awareness I forgot.

Speaking about me 'normalising' the abuse. Tell me, what hope is there in finding a stolen car without cracking device in Nigeria?

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by AHCB: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
pocohantas:

Very lost, kudos to his parents.
Watch your post fly over his head...
just like it will pass between your legs.

You're the one who is lost. You think Nigeria is Europe or America? Please, lemme be the first to welcome you to the real world.

Cheers.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by pocohantas(f): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
ibkayee:
I’ve heard horror stories about harassment in Nigerian market places, smh yuck

I went to Balogun market the other day, I had to pay this young man to walk with me round the market. I knew where I was going o, but I was just tired of being touched. I had to pay for my peace. He acted like a chaperone...

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by AHCB: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
Ozkar:
would you still think it isn't a big deal if you were the one it happened to? Be sincere with yourself.
it wouldn't be a big deal my guy because I damn well know I can't do anything about it.

It's that simple.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by cyrilamx(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2018
rabzy:

wait ooo, are u ladies not the one campaigning for equality with men? atleast get physical them the way an average man will do to make them respect u. They doing to u what they will do to fellow dude. that goes to show that the clamour for equality is all ruse. feminism should see through the truth that male n female re fashioned differently. in reality what those dudes in market do is wrong. i was just trying to point out the illusion behind calls for equality of genders...

Yeah, they drag everyone but the way they handle women is worse and can be sensual, the language they use for women is also very rude, if a guy says don't touch me and if a lady say the same thing, their response to the women is very debasing. Then imagine having to endure that from multiple guys, sometimes they gang up on the woman, they never do that to guys. When a guy says leave me or don't touch me, they often respect their space but women are not given the same courtesy.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by 3kay945(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Jayslicky:
How can a group of women go and meet working people and start shouting don't touch us, that's an insult of the highest order, it's like telling the men they're rapist, women and the stupid things they do.

grin grin

I am still trying hard to understand their message.

2 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Ozkar: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
it wouldn't be a big deal my guy because I damn well know I can't do anything about it.

It's that simple.
This is the sort of reasoning that has made Nigeria (and arguably Africa) the shithole it is. If you think you can't stop evil, just stand back and let it flourish. So we tolerate nonsense either because it isn't happening to us or because we feel powerless to stop it. That has to change.

If it makes you feel bad, then it's a big deal, and that is regardless of your power to stop/change it.

5 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by ibkayee(f): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2018
I’ve heard horror stories about harassment in Nigerian market places, smh yuck
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by cyrilamx(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2018
kay29000:
"Nothing to see here at all, just being called ashawo . I love it when men try to prove they are not trash by you know being TRASH. #MarketMarchYaba"

This girl is obviously like those Nairaland misandrist who call themselves feminists. Instead of saying 'SOME MEN' she just said MEN...she is clearly showing her hate for men with this comment.

"They said a lot of things I've seen here from "educated men"."

LOL! Another senseless comment from the girl. Is it educated men that sell clothes at Yaba? SMH!

But those Yaba boys too dey tap current from girls sha. Something has to be done about it...not in this manner though.
I condemn in totality the harrassment of those ladies. but cant we also condemn some ladies harrassing men by their see through and semi-nude dressings? what happenef to the saying that ladies are moved by touch while men by sight? Why the society denounce men and tend to take sides with women, men are practically dying of emotional harrassment daily and society look the other way.

3 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by AHCB: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2018
Ozkar:
This is the sort of reasoning that has made Nigeria (and arguably Africa) the shithole it is. If you think you can't stop evil, just stand back and let it flourish. So we tolerate nonsense either because it isn't happening to us or because we feel powerless to stop it. That has to change.

If it makes you feel bad, then it's a big deal, and that is regardless of your power to stop/change it.
dude, it is very easy to talk and scream on social media. In case you've forgotten, there is another world, the real world where your talk and scream might get you punched or even locked up.

Not everyone can be Fela. I'm sure you know what happened to Charly boy with his ourmumudondo abi?

Then again, feeling bad about something and it being a big deal is just what it is, feeling bad about a thing and it being a big deal.

I leave you with this: "God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by pocohantas(f): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2018
cyrilamx:
The typical aggressive woman. even when i stated i asked for fun, u already shipped in an insult. "will u guys have sense". That why it said most ladies or feminists dont know what they want. on one hand they talk about equality with men on the other it becomes equity when they are caught pant down. You dont know we wired differently biologically before feminists in USA are pushing for equal representation in offices...but am yet to hear them pushing for equal representation in combat role with men or doing heavy duty or tasking work.

No, you didn't ask for fun, because I have seen your posts on here. Yes, I am asking when you guys will have sense, it is a question...you just tell me when it will be.
You said our equality is just mouth, that is not an insult right? Then I ask when you guys will have sense and you call it an insult. You wanna make the rules as you go? Sorry, that doesn't work with me. If you can throw shots, you should be able to take without playing victim.

You are the one who doesn't know the difference and you just showed it by the highlighted part. You also showed you never asked for fun.

That said, you didn't answer my questions.

I will ask again; Have you ever paid a woman for any service? Don't men also have male bodyguards? Can you give birth to a child despite being physically stronger than an average woman?

Why don't you men push to do the cooking, washing, cleaning, baby-sitting in addition to work, just like an average Nigerian wife does. After all, you are stronger?
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Ozkar: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2018
cyrilamx:
I condemn in totality the harrassment of those ladies. but cant we also condemn some ladies harrassing men by their see through and semi-nude dressings? what happenef to the saying that ladies are moved by touch while men by sight? Why the society denounce men and tend to take sides with women, men are practically dying of emotional harrassment daily and society look the other way.
because men aren't speaking out enough. Call out anyone who harasses you in any form. Sure, you'd get some backlash from both genders because the Nigerian society is permissive of evil, but you'd pass your message across.

If enough men speak up, then we might be able to correct some erroneous views that men are okay with harassment, or as a female commenter on this thread put it, 'can withstand any humiliation'.

Speaking out doesn't make one weak, and there is nothing manly about keeping quiet when we can publicly condemn bad behavior.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by kay29000(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2018
cyrilamx:

You have a point though. Buy you know ladies will say they have every right to dress however they want. The issue is that females think from their point of view...they are not men, so they don't know and can't understand how men are sexually wired. So, they will never reason with what you are saying about them harrasing men sexually with the way they dress.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by kay29000(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2018
pocohantas:

You get sense and I am sure it isn't a function of the size of your head.

grin Funny comment.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by ibkayee(f): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2018
pocohantas:

I went to Balogun market the other day, I had to pay this young man to walk with me round the market. I knew where I was going o, but I was just tired of being touched. I had to pay for my peace. He acted like a chaperone...
Absolutely disgusting
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by cyrilamx(m): 10:17am On Dec 16, 2018
SAMBARRY:
like someone said right idea,wrong move and execution. These ladies or protesters lack wisdom.if you want to do stuffs like this, penetrate the oba first.get his support, after you have succeeded,get support from the police pro,then church and schools and also iyaloja (mind you these boys pay her her bills through shop rent so they need wisdom in getting her blessings and support) then chimandas influence and money Its the guys that will tàlk to themselves. But you skipped the major socialization process that could have made an impact. This is downright ridiculous but anyway obani,kobaje.since it has gotten to the internet they can have international recognition. The international communitywill see the real face of patriarchy and look into it

Do you think its easy penetrating the real Nigerian society? What do yaba boys understand as misogynism?illiterate boys.smh....wisdom and discretion is far from them
I commend your words of wisdom in the above write up. However i take exception to this quote: " the international community will see the real face of patriarchy and look into it." Who will then look into the real face of femimism or misandry as obtainable in western words where men have been literally subjected to women? where women' right re 80% and 20% men? where women can accuse men of rape like in US supreme justice Kavaghue case and yet nothing was done to his accuser even when it was found out she lied? You can all shout down patriarchy to destroy the male folk but who will fight for the men in face of continual sexual harrassment they face daily owing to semi-nude ladies going berserk in our society? Oh i get it, men should look the other way when they are almost blinded by immoral dressings in our streets...

2 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by misterh(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2018
petrage:
Must you call a tribe in your comment? make reference to a person's character and not his race or ethnic leanings. BTW this protest is the dumbest have seen...The average Nigerian Woman is lacking in logic and this action of theirs says it all.
How you could condemn a sweeping generalisation and in the same sentence, make a sweeping generalisation is amusing.

You said the tribe of the accused should be left out yet you made a sweeping generalisation about Nigerian women.
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Ozkar: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
dude, it is very easy to talk and scream on social media. In case you've forgotten, there is another world, the real world where your talk and scream might get you punched or even locked up.

Not everyone can be Fela. I'm sure you know what happened to Charly boy with his ourmumudondo abi?

Then again, feeling bad about something and it being a big deal is just what it is, feeling bad about a thing and it being a big deal.

I leave you with this: "God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference".
bro, if we had enough Felas and Charly boys in Nigeria, things would have been a lot better.

When office holders aren't held accountable for their actions and promises, they feel like gods - untouchable. Similarly when the average Nigerian feel they can touch, insult or hit the next Nigerian anyhow, and the other person doesn't speak out, the perpetrator feels powerful, and continues harassing others.

We cannot all be Fela, but we can at least speak up against bad when we see it, even in faceless forums.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by pocohantas(f): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2018
kay29000:

You have a point though. Buy you know ladies will say they have every right to dress however they want. The issue is that females think from their point of view...they are not men, so they don't know and can't understand how men are sexually wired. So, they will never reason with what you are saying about them harrasing men sexually with the way they dress.

Which electrician did the wiring?
You people keep talking of wiring, if you see your mother, sister or daughter naked...would you go touch?

Go to hostels and you see guys moving about with boxers and their penees will be swinging from left to right like pendulum... Or the ones that just started gyming, they will be moving about without shirts, that is in addition to the swinging penees.

Or those trousers you guys wear that will pack all your crotch and I can totally outline your penees down to its cap...

Is all of the above a reason to harass any man? No it isn't. Women are also moved by sight, enough of that excuse from guys. We all love to see good things, but respecting the owner of that good thing is where self-control comes in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by cyrilamx(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2018
kay29000:

until the society address this issue logically, there will always be this moment... you cant fight for one gender and pretend the other gender can take care of itself. women claim they re moved by touch. so why are the female psychologists not speaking up to educate their own that men are emotionally wired to react to what they see hence they should dress properly. I think the male folk is being suppressed as is obtainable in western countries where 90 % laws favour women.

2 Likes

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by Ozkar: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2018
pocohantas:

You get sense and I am sure it isn't a function of the size of your head.
you seem quite obsessed with head size sha. I wonder why grin
Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by misterh(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2018
habsydiamond:
U are protesting, u come go market to do so...where 70% of people if not 80 there on daily basis are not educated and u want them to understand ur plights....thou the protest is irrelevant simply because Nigeria law does not support feminism but if u want to get a message across...also sort for the right place where educated fellows are to get the message clear and crystal.... Some ladies say.. but does feminism existed in the holy books.. cos I don't know where Una dey get Una own from
So you believe ladies asking not to be touched inappropriately isn't supported by Nigerian laws?

I really do not understand people's issues with feminism. A lady asked not to be groped and called demeaning names and all you think about is that 'Nigeria law does not support feminism'. If you think the protest was about feminism, yes it is because feminism preaches that ladies should have control over their bodies and not be touched without their permission. You should also know that it's their right to demand not to be touched inappropriately.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Assaulted By Yaba Traders (Pics, Videos) by CaesarDon(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2018
Muscomide:

You are the dimwitted one here with your misogynistic Neanderthal views. I have witnessed these predominantly Igbo traders groping and harassing innocent young girls and it is not pleasant. In saner climes, these perverts will be arrested and prosecuted for sexual harassment. Shame on you. You are most probably guilty of such abhorrent behaviour.

I don't like to engage your lots in any meaningful conversation, because you lack every sense of coherence, I have also been harassed by this same "Yaba boys" in question, but I don't go about taunting them telling them not to touch me with placards, which i clearly know wouldnt achieve anything, I don't have anything against them expressing their grievances, infact im kinda sympathetic to their plight,

the time and place and mode is 101% wrong, it's like women going to a girls hostel and chanting "Prostitutes leave our husbands alone" and expect them to change, you could even see that the policemen never took them seriously

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member / Man Marrying 6 Women In Delta, Pays Bride Price Of 3, Leaves 3 Stubborn Ones / Bill This Guy From The First Day You Set Eyes On Him & He Asks For Your Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.