Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! (4780 Views)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 4:55am On Dec 16, 2018
There's this my sister that has two female children

She took in for her third child but refused to go for scan. Few days to her delivery time, she finally accepted to do the scan.

The result of the scan showed that she is carrying a girl. This is where the problem started. She started crying, calling everybody and weeping heavily.

When she first called my other sister, she thought maybe, she has lost the baby.

It was when I listened closely to the crying voice of my sister that I understood what actually happened. I had to call my other sister to tell her the true reason my sister is crying.

Fast forward to few weeks later, my sister became due for delivery but she refused to go to hospital.

The pregnancy water came out of her body but she still stayed at home, the blood which is the last stage before the baby comes out also came out of her body while she was still at home.

It is not until the baby stopped making movement that she had to visit the hospital.

When she got there, the baby was already weak and the doctor said that any further delay could have seen the baby dead in the womb.

My sister wanted to rush home immediately after giving birth. It was the doctor that forced her to stay for an additional day to ascertain the condition of her health and that of the baby.

She went home the next day without telling anybody that she has given birth. Not until the husband came home (he wasn't around the day she delivered).

Three days after, the husband started calling all of us (her siblings) to please call my sister and ask her what the problem is.

You will not believe that my sister is still crying inconsolably.

As I type this, I am feeling hurt and pity for the poor innocent child that came out to this world to meet a mother that spites her simply because she is a girl.

My sister as I type, has refused to pick our calls. I didn't know people will still think and behave this way in 2018.

Please, is it normal for a mother of a newborn baby to be crying profusely, simply because she has given birth to three girls?

Our fear is that she might hurt that baby as she has demonstrated during the late pregnancy stage when she was due to deliver.

Please, any suggestions on how to make her come back to her senses and know that children are from God?

Please, I need your contributions

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DUNKA(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

She took in for her third child but refused to go for scan. Few days to her delivery time, she finally accepted to do the scan.

The result of the scan showed that she is carrying a girl. This is where the problem started. She started crying, calling everybody and weeping heavily.

When she first called my other sister, she thought maybe, she has lost the baby.

It was when I listened closely to the crying voice of my sister that I understood what actually happened. I had to call my other sister to tell her the true reason my sister is crying.

Fast forward to few weeks later, my sister became due for delivery but she refused to go to hospital.

The pregnancy water came out of her body but she still stayed at home, the blood which is the last stage before the baby comes out also came out of her body while she was still at home.

It is not until the baby stopped making movement that she had to visit the hospital.

When she got there, the baby was already weak and the doctor said that any further delay could have seen the baby dead in the womb.

My sister wanted to rush home immediately after giving birth. It was the doctor that forced her to stay for an additional day to ascertain the condition of her health and that of the baby.

She went home the next day without telling anybody that she has given birth. Not until the husband came home (he wasn't around the day she delivered).

Three days after, the husband started calling all of us (her siblings) to please call my sister and ask her what the problem is.

As I type this, I am feeling hurt and pity for the poor innocent child that came out to this world to meet a mother that spites her simply because she is a girl.

My sister as I type, has refused to pick our calls. I didn't know people will still think and behave this way in 2018.

Please, is it normal for a mother of a newborn baby to be crying profusely, simply because she has given birth to three girls?

Our fear is that she might hurt that baby as she has demonstrated during the late pregnancy stage when she was due to deliver.

Please, any suggestions on how to make her come back to her senses and know that children are from God?

Probably the pressure from the husbands family for a male child. She needs counseling as she is psychological scarred. She should be happy as some women cannot even give birth and would give the world just to even have 1 girl.

18 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Alexk2(m): 5:10am On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

Please let her seek medical help immediately. She's probably depressed and the "gender issue" of the baby is just and alibi to make you all think otherwise until it's too late.
FOR the sake of the baby and her very self, let her see a qualified doctor immediately pls.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by chiommy123(f): 5:16am On Dec 16, 2018
I also believe its pressure from her inlaws maybe but she should know that many women pray each passing day just for God to even bless them with one and she has three. But it's very easy to advice someone until you feel their pains. You guys should look for a way and caution your in laws if you don't want your sister to die of B.P

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Katier00(f): 5:18am On Dec 16, 2018
She is depressed. I know how she feels. She wants a boy and probably just 3 children. Give her some time

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by shawnfamous(m): 5:19am On Dec 16, 2018
No be her fault na... It is God that gives children.. Some dey find Dem no see
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:51am On Dec 16, 2018
This is depression, what she needs at this moment is counselling from the expert.
Having girls as the only children is not the end of the world or a bad thing.
I wonder when African mentality will change for the better about the girl child.
And it definitely not deoending on her totally about giving birth to a make child, it mostly depends on her hubby.
There are millions of girls out there that are doing great things more than some boys, especially some unfortunate boys!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by kestolove95(m): 6:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Ur sister has gone mad

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by carammel(f): 6:03am On Dec 16, 2018
Stop calling her over the phone, pay her a visit and talk to her, make her see reasons why she should be grateful. She may have other things bothering her that is beyond having girls only.
My cousin has three delivery through CS already and she always lose the babies after delivery, she's even afraid of trying again, she'd give anything just to have one girl.

13 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:09am On Dec 16, 2018
kestolove95:
Ur sister has gone mad
Smh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by bigtt76(f): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2018
Sad how people are looking for just one (no gender preference) yet this one is trying to play God undecided isssorite!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sean079: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2018
Why can’t you explain to her in detail the mystery behind baby gender. It aint her doing but the husband chance. Having sex during ovulation increase chance of baby boy while before result in baby girl.
She n her husband should just be patient to have sex a day before ovulation or day of ovulation n increase their chance of having baby boy.

The man is responsible for baby gender n not wife. Whatever u sow, u shall harvest or reap

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sweetilicious(f): 6:24am On Dec 16, 2018
DUNKA:
Probably the pressure from the husbands family for a male child. She needs counseling as she is psychological scarred. She should be happy as some women cannot even give birth and would give the world just to even have 1 girl.
Could be the problem.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sweetilicious(f): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2018
post=73884563:
This is depression, what she needs at this moment is counselling from the expert.
Having girls as the only children is not the end of the world or a bad thing.
I wonder when African mentality will change for the better about the girl child.
There are millions of girls out there that are doing great things more than some boys, especially some unfortunate boys!
My brother has two girls.He is not buying into the normal thing that worries African men.If a boy comes,fine.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 6:28am On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

I wish she can give me the baby.

Ungrateful woman! Allow her to cry

10 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by piroux(f): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2018
carammel:
Stop calling her over the phone, pay her a visit and talk to her, make her see reasons why she should be grateful. She may have other things bothering her that is beyond having girls only.
My cousin has three delivery through CS already and she always lose the babies after delivery, she's even afraid of trying again, she'd give anything just to have one girl.

Omg!! That's so sad!! To go through CS for nothing? May God heal and restore to her the years the worm has stolen. She will laugh last and testify in Jesus name!!

9 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobelwinner: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2018
Greetings!
Re your sister, you deserve all praise for speaking out.
Post-Partum or Post-Natal depression is not something to be trifled with.
You need to get her to the nearest Post Natal depression expert near you. Most times, such experts are housed in Psychiatric Hospital or Units. That shouldn't deter you from seeking for help your sister requires.

On your own part, you and other close family members need to smother in her love and care.Her husband has a big role to play here, he must become more than a husband.

Just take it that you have two babies to care for right now, she (the mother) and her new born. By the way isn't there an elderly woman in the family who can do "Omugho" duties?

Stay strong. She is in our prayers and thoughts

[author=DrFlora post=73884267]There's this my sister that has two female children

Please, I need your contributions [/quote]

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by escodotman: 7:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Hmm... truly they say ignorant is a disease. Your suggestion of going to see a doctor may be the best thing, not because she needs a doctor to check her but because she needs a doctor to educate her and make her know that a woman does not determine the sex of a baby, it is the man that does. The man is responsible for donating the Y Chromosome which determines the sex/gender of a baby. It is amazing that most couples, especially in Africa, are still unaware of this in this present time. I think more enlightenment needs to be done, just like the issue of genotype/genetic compatibility is being taking serious nowadays, simply because ignorance about who is responsible for the sex of a baby has destroyed many homes and marriages in Africa by ignorant husband's families.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by ifyalways(f): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2018
So your sister put to bed and y'all could not afford to pay her a visit?

No one from your family visited to see her or the baby? No relative or nothing. All y'all do is to disturb a nursing mother with calls when she needs all the rest and help she can get angry

Besides the obvious PPD, the fake love from y'all is enough to break down any woman. You lots are wicked.

Shioooor.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by martyns303(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2018
2 of my neighbors have 4 girls each and no boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2018
sweetilicious:
My brother has two girls.He is not buying into the normal thing that worries African men.If a boy comes,fine.
God bless your brother dearie.
He's a good man.
Thise are the kinda person God bless all around.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sirfarouk(m): 10:37am On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

I am afraid to ask what the "Dr" in your moniker stands for.

Well first, she needs to see a psychologist or a church counselor at least - postpartum depression will hit her hard. Then when she's ready to conceive again, (which is likely not anytime soon) tell her about baby selection method during ovulation days. Besides, it's not her fault that the husband keeps giving her X chromosome.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by nazablossom(f): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2018
This is a serious issue. She needs someone by her side o, you guys should not sit at home and wait for her to pick her call. My cousin nearly lost her life when she had her 4th baby and it turned out to be a girl as others.
Please one of you should volunteer and go and stay with her at least for now before she hurts herself or the baby.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sweetilicious(f): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2018
post=73887963:

God bless your brother dearie.
He's a good man.
Thise are the kinda person God bless all around.
Exactly.He is so my kinda man.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by nnamdibig(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
Is she not aware that she and her husband can decide the gender of their baby(at least to a great extent)?
There is no sense in trying to kill a baby after carrying her for 9 months. Instead of being depressed or trying to harm herself and the innocent child, when next she wants to get pregnant, she and hubby should plan it well at least do their own part to ensure they have up to 80% chances of having a boy. Let her educate herself more.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Ranchhoddas: 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
I must be abnormal. I can't imagine not having female children. I really would not mind if I do not give birth to a son.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by jesmond3945: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Your sister is insane and foolish. If your mother behaved liked she did would she be alive today. God will continue to give her girls until she learns to love them.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
kestolove95:
Ur sister has gone mad
your madness surpasses her own oyin ara
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
I wish she can give me the baby.

Ungrateful woman! Allow her to cry
why don't you think.before typing thrash, she could have other ish not known to her family.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by kestolove95(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
bamidelee:

your madness surpasses her own
oyin ara
bamidelee!!! How much u loose how much u gain?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Eketem: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Your sister may be facing depression, she needs to be taken to a hospital and receive counseling alongside her husband.

Please you guys need to call a family meeting and ensure she gets help IMMEDIATELY, God forbid she hurts herself and the baby

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / In Marriage, You Must Be Blind And A Mumu To A Lot Of Things. / Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.