Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45367 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 7:57am On Dec 16, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
Thought i was reading something sensible till i came across this statement...

"Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament"

In all my years of practicing christianity, i never knew God was Jesus in the old testamentgrin

Hebrews 7:1-4
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils

Verse 1 says Melchizedek is priest of the most high God. But you say that was God the father. Is God also his own most high priest? Read the rest verse above and even the entire chapter to see that Melchizedek is Jesus who was always appearing in flesh in the Old testament. Verse 4 even mentioned Melchizedek to be a man, and we all know Jesus came in flesh.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by MrPresident1: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

@bold

I've told you to stop making claims you can't black up with the Bible. The church of God is not the society but the gathering of the brethren who have been baptized by the Holy Spirit. I hope you do know that the body of Christ is the Church.

1 Corinthians 12:12-31
Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Everybody in the society is the church. Jesus did not make a dichotomy of who to assist and who not to assist, he even told us to feed and clothe our enemies. Context is important

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

Everybody in the society is the church. Jesus did not make a dichotomy of who to assist and who not to assist, he even told us to feed and clothe our enemies. Context is important
Stop quoting me if you have no verse to back your claim up with.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2018
Greatzeus:
Why can't you just write your post about tithing and give your perspective, must you bring daddy freeze into it? So in your shallow Stone walled mind, teaching that tithing is unscriptural was started by freeze? I remember in early 2000s,I listened to a man on TV teaching that tithing is under the law. The influence of social media helped freeze to spread his thought on tithing very rapidly,it didn't start with him.

Freeze deserves to be attacked because he drew it upon himself by attacking the church. The video you watched in 2000 is influenced by the same lies influencing Freeze. This thread debunked them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by MrPresident1: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Stop quoting me if you have no verse to back your claim up with.

Romans 12:20
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

Romans 12:20
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Is heaping coals of fire on your enemy's head an act of love which you want us to show our neighbors?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Denikayan: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2018
Long gibberish

Still didnt nail the coffin

Did Jesus collect tithe?

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by BruncleZuma: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by papiwyte(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Wetin concern me undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Bugatti 2019 on my mind grin grin grin angry grin

Vote wisely

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2018
Nukilia:
Energy spent on religion could be spent in fixing our societal problems. Go to offices in this country, all of them lay claim to one religion or the other, wickedness and dishonesty abounds in our society today. I wish we can just love ourselves and seek the good of one another. cry

Exactly. Nigerians are wicked, hypocrites and full of jealousy yet they visit church and mosque than every one else. They travel for pilgrimage than every one else. What are they learning in their various mosques and churches?

5 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Donald95:
I am not against tithing but I am against pastors that threatens their members with hell if they don't tithe

Like this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

1. Tithing doesn't predate the Law

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Your Mathew 23:23 na back of the Bible you read Lol it WOE ( I CONDEMN ) UNTO YOU THAT pay tithes ( tenth of your spices and you had neglected the more important matters of the law ( justice, mercy and faithfulness) no need to tackle you this morning. Don’t start what you can’t finish. But if you want to start, tell me, let us start.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ednut1(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Show us proof Jesus collected tithe
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2018
Denikayan:
Long gibberish

Still didnt nail the coffin

Did Jesus collect tithe?

You didn't read the OP that's why you labeled it gibberish. Had it been you read it, you would have seen that Jesus collected tithe. But I believe if you read the OP, you still won't understand what I said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by SweetJoystick(m): 8:33am On Dec 16, 2018
Oga stop fooling yourself. There's nothing like spiritual Levite. It was clearly stated only the tribe should collect tithe. There were priests from other tribes after the law, why didn't they claim to be of the spiritual tribe of Levi? And FYI thite was agricultural produce not money. There was money back then gold and silver yet it wasn't recorded that tithe was ever paid in any of these forms but food only. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by dermmy(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2018
omojeesu:
Sorry, you are confused and please stop confusing people with your many words and theological gymnastics!

Tithing and instructions about it are so EXPLICIT for the people it was intended for, the Jews! If it was also for Christians it will also be so explicit. But because it is not you people now go ahead to twist scriptures making them say what they dont mean on the subject.

Tithing is a PRINCIPLE NOT A PRACTICE FOR THE CHURCH. AS TITHE WAS FOR THE CARE OF THE LEVITES, SO GIVING TO MINISTERS OF THE GOSPEL NOT BY COMPULSION BUT THROUGH FREEWILL OFFERINGS THAT IS NOT EVEN ROUTINE BUT GOOD AND MAKES SENSE IF IT IS REGULAR.

Let's stop calling this giving 'tithe'! It is not! Tithing is well defined. Our giving is freewill not compulsory like tithing. That's the New Testament position.

As for Matthew 23:23 you missed it big time. Jesus was definitely and specifically lambasting the Pharisees and Sadducees. They were Jews under the Law. They were not the disciples nor were they Christians. Of course they ought not to neglect tithing. Tithing was mandatory religious practice for them. Jesus scolded them for neglecting the MORE IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE LAW and were instead focusing mostly on tithing.

The lesson for the Church:

Certainly NOT ABOUT TITHING but about giving ATTENTION TO the MORAL ASPECTS AND PRINCIPLES OF THE LAW WHICH ARE UNCHANGING AND ETERNAL WITHOUT NEGLECTING TO GIVE TO SUPPORT MINISTERS AND CHURCH WORK.

See the wahala all these have caused us.

We major on what is not explicit for us and neglect the more important things.

Unnecessary distraction for the Church in this last days when we should be focusing on living right, walking in love and holiness waiting and actively winning souls for the Lord before His return. Getting ready to suffer and die for Him if need be.

The Lord will revive us!

You are a great man

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Your Mathew 23:23 na back of the Bible you read Lol it said you pay tithes ( tenth of your spices and you had neglected the more important matters of the law ( justice, mercy and faithfulness) no need to tackle you this morning. Don’t start what you can’t finish. But if you want to start, tell me, let us start.

You are guilty of what you accused me of. You didn't conclude the rest of that passage. Had it been you did, you would have seen that Jesus approved of tithing. Heck, you didn't even read the OP.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by festwiz(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2018
I thought Christians were one and United? Yet look at them arguing with one another when they can just call Jesus or the holy spirit to answer their questions. LoL. Very funny. grin

"United in Christ" indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2018
ednut1:
Show us proof Jesus collected tithe
Read Hebrews 7
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Oga stop fooling yourself. There's nothing like spiritual Levite. It was clearly stated only the tribe should collect tithe. There were priests from other tribes after the law, why didn't they claim to be of the spiritual tribe of Levi? And FYI tribe was agricultural produce not money. There was money back then gold and silver yet it wasn't recorded that tithe was ever paid in any of these forms but food only. Smh

You made a statement without prove. There is nothing like spiritual Levites is the same as saying there is nothing like spiritual israel.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by obailala(m): 8:38am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

2. Tithing in the Law

3. Tithing after the Law

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
A tithe is simply a tenth. If a man takes 10% of an amount of money given to him to organise a feast, this can loosely be described by saying "he used a tithe of the money he collected to organise a feast." So in order not to mix up meanings, let me start with a little clarification. The tithing gospel preached today talks about regularly and mandatorily giving 10% of our earnings to a church. This version of tithing does not predate the Laws of Moses.

Of course Abraham gave a tithe of his spoils to King Melchizedek, but that was not a law and neither was it commanded to him by God; Abraham did that out of his own freewill due to his love and gratitude to God following his victory in battle. It is like a thanksgiving offering, no scripture commands that it was done or must be done regularly. That brings me to the next point...

You just label people who say Abraham did not continually pay tithe as 'foolish', you claim the bible had other stories to talk about so therefore, it was unnecessary to mention that little detail. You should be careful the way you insult people to pass your message across; remember, using insulting words on others doesn't necessarily make you a wise man.

Now let us examine your claim, if Abraham continued to regularly give a tenth of his increase to King Melchizedek, firstly, there's no way the bible wouldn't have spared a single sentence to mention that. Again, if he did that regularly, then he would have passed the tradition unto his son Isaac, and Isaac to his sons, Jacob and Esau. From the verses you quoted above (Genesis 28:20-22), it is very clear to even a child that that was not the case; if Jacob was already a tither, then he would obviously not have needed to make a vow to God to start tithing if God kept him safe. Finally, just like Abraham, Jacob's decision to tithe was not a command, it was a personal decision, a freewill decision, and it was never a law from God.

TITHING IN THE LAW, TITHING AFTER THE LAW
First of all, it’s good that you acknowledge that we’re no longer under the era of the Laws. But you’re right, several things under the law are still binding till date, but these things fall under the 2 primary commands, “Love God, and Love your neighbour”. Your claim that everything which was changed under the law should have been mentioned in the new testament is not necessarily true; you don’t expect every single thing to be spelt out explicitly again even after Christ had given the 2 primary commands. For example, the law about not wearing dual fabric garment (Lev 19:19) or the law on not cutting side hair/side burns (Lev 19:27), these 2 laws were never mentioned again in the new testament, so do you mean to tell us that it is still currently an abomination and a sin for a man to cut his side hair, or to wear a garment made of dual fabric?

But that notwithstanding, you claim the law on mandatory tithing was never mentioned in the new testament and therefore was never changed and is still binding even to gentile believers till date. Are you really sure the laws on tithing were not mentioned / changed? So what do you think about the teachings in 2Corinthians 9:7?

2Corinthians 9:7 – “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver”

The verse above summarises how Paul taught the Gentile believers to give, i.e. giving freely, without compulsion, whatever they make out in their heart (i.e. not a specific percentage). He also encouraged them in the prior verse to give a substantial amount, because if they give sparingly, they will only reap sparingly. If you claim that the law of Moses concerning MANDATORY tithing was and is still a binding law even to the Gentiles, how come Paul didn’t teach the Corinthians to firstly give a minimum of 10% of their earnings?

Oga preacher, it is a good thing for a person to pay a tithe; a tither will certainly get blessed by God. But preaching that it is God's command to Christians even in 2018 to mandatorily give 10% of their earning to a church regularly, and that if they don't, they risk God's punishment, that is a false teaching which goes contrary to what the apostles preached. You and your likes should better repent before it's too late.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by JeromeBlack: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by nikz(f): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2018
As for me and my house we will continue to pay our tithe and more blessings
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by JustSomeDude(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2018
Africans dey fight one another because of foreign religion. I weep for fellow Africans.
ASIANS are wiser
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by EricBloodAxe: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2018
[s]
alBHAGDADI:

1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils

Verse 1 says Melchizedek is priest of the most high God. But you say that was God the father. Is God also his own most high priest? Read the rest verse above and even the entire chapter to see that Melchizedek is Jesus who was always appearing in flesh in the Old testament. Verse 4 even mentioned Melchizedek to be a man, and we all know Jesus came in flesh.
[/s]

What kind of confusionist are u? Everything has been made clear for u to digest yet u twist the Scriptures n envelope yourself in a state mental delirium.

"In Christianity, according to the Epistle to the Hebrews, Jesus Christ is identified as "a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek", and so Jesus assumes the role of High Priest once and for all"

There's no where in the Scriptures where it is insinuated that melchizedek was Jesus Christ. Nobody will give such false teaching except you of course.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by TAO11(f): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2018
All for the money. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by globalresource: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2018
omojeesu:
Sorry, you are confused and please stop confusing people with your many words and theological gymnastics!

Tithing and instructions about it are so EXPLICIT for the people it was intended for, the Jews! If it was also for Christians it will also be so explicit. But because it is not you people now go ahead to twist scriptures making them say what they dont mean on the subject.

Tithing is a PRINCIPLE NOT A PRACTICE FOR THE CHURCH. AS TITHE WAS FOR THE CARE OF THE LEVITES, SO GIVING TO MINISTERS OF THE GOSPEL NOT BY COMPULSION BUT THROUGH FREEWILL OFFERINGS THAT IS NOT EVEN ROUTINE BUT GOOD AND MAKES SENSE IF IT IS REGULAR.

Let's stop calling this giving 'tithe'! It is not! Tithing is well defined. Our giving is freewill not compulsory like tithing. That's the New Testament position.

As for Matthew 23:23 you missed it big time. Jesus was definitely and specifically lambasting the Pharisees and Sadducees. They were Jews under the Law. They were not the disciples nor were they Christians. Of course they ought not to neglect tithing. Tithing was mandatory religious practice for them. Jesus scolded them for neglecting the MORE IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE LAW and were instead focusing mostly on tithing.

The lesson for the Church:

Certainly NOT ABOUT TITHING but about giving ATTENTION TO the MORAL ASPECTS AND PRINCIPLES OF THE LAW WHICH ARE UNCHANGING AND ETERNAL WITHOUT NEGLECTING TO GIVE TO SUPPORT MINISTERS AND CHURCH WORK.

See the wahala all these have caused us.

We major on what is not explicit for us and neglect the more important things.

Unnecessary distraction for the Church in this last days when we should be focusing on living right, walking in love and holiness waiting and actively winning souls for the Lord before His return. Getting ready to suffer and die for Him if need be.

The Lord will revive us!

He is not talking about morals. That is another topic. He is addressing the issue of tithe. Truth must be told. There was tithe even before the law after the law.

If anyone decide not to give, no problem. But let only the truth be told
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by wink2015(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Very detailed and informative

However, I thought this matter has been laid to rest after various argument and counter argument running into several months.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
pressplay411:
I've come to realise Daddy Freeze is instrumental to the church.
Before he launched his attack on men of God, the gospel was becoming a gospel of prosperity rather than Salvation in Christ. 1 Timothy 6:5
He might have been out of God's will but he fulfilled a purpose God needed to be fulfilled.
He restored some sanity back into the Body of Christ, locally and globally.

However, he now needs to find true salvation by truly, genuinely and humbly seeking forgiveness for touching (insulting and condemning) God's anointed servants.

This is probably going to be the hardest thing for him, as Pride and Ego are the weapons the enemy always uses to keep people from salvation.

May He obtain favour and mercy in the face of God.
That said, tithing is scriptural and important. However salvation is importanter. Matthew 23-23
Salvation from sin and bondage of pride, lies, self-centeredness, fears, bitterness, depressions, sickness, poverty, evil habits and attitudes and every form of darkness.

Keep shut with that nonsense seeking of forgiveness from those thieves.

Have you asked Oyedepo to publicly seek forgiveness from the loved ones of the little girl he humiliated in the from of millions of people online and offline?

Have you asked Adeboye to seek forgiveness from his members for lying shamelessly that touching his chair will favour them on TWO DIFFERENT OCCASSIONS?

Have you asked the Gucci pastor to seek forgiveness for lying about a robust reply since 2 years ago which is yet to see the light of the day?

Have you asked the bling bling pastor to seek forgiveness for lying shamelessly that tithing is for tithers children, their children's children, theirs children's children's children ?

5 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by lexy2014: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=MrPresident1 post=73886222]

Use the brain that God gave you, commonsense should tell you what to do.

My neighbour is not my responsibility per se- come and see Christian. If you promote
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by SweetJoystick(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You made a statement without prove. There is nothing like spiritual Levites is the same as saying there is nothing like spiritual israel.
There's nothing like spiritual Israel, you talk about the Church yes it makes sense. The only thing spiritual is the Holy spirit

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
EricBloodAxe:

What kind of confusionist are u? Everything has been made clear for u to digest yet u twist the Scriptures n envelope yourself in a state mental delirium.

"In Christianity, according to the Epistle to the Hebrews, Jesus Christ is identified as "a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek", and so Jesus assumes the role of High Priest once and for all"

There's no where in the Scriptures where it is insinuated that melchizedek was Jesus Christ. Nobody will give such false teaching except you of course.

Stop being stubbornly blind. Read the passage again. Look at the titles given to Melchizedek, are they not also the titles of Jesus Christ? If Melchizedek has no beginning nor end, then what you are saying is that he is someone like Jesus who has no beginning not end of days. Then where is he, show me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / Mbaka Says He Has 39 More Prophecies / Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.