Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45368 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Go and read the OP with an unbiased mind because your questions are answers there.

PLS do read where he quoted me nd find y i answered as such
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by jtofineme(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

My neighbour is not your responsibility per se, hahaha, Come and see a Christian.

Commonsense is profitable to direct.
love ur neighbour as u love thy self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by genkins(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Stop being stubbornly blind. Read the passage again. Look at the titles given to Melchizedek, are they not also the titles of Jesus Christ? If Melchizedek has no beginning nor end, then what you are saying is that he is someone like Jesus who has no beginning not end of days. Then where is he, show me?

Hebrews 7:1-4
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils
I read the long epistle there and I know you pastors will try to twist and twist scriptures to justify tithing for Christians.preachers are known to be very rich how is it that it's your turn that things will change?lol.
You say tithing predates the law.. I laugh in Greek.you see why the Bible mentioned money as a God.
Jesus Christ was in the order of Melchizedek he had no beginning and end.for you to qualify to collect tithes you should also have no beginning and no end like Melchizedek or Jesus.there is only one high priest in
Christianity and that is jesus.we are all priests under his royal priesthood so who tithes to who?jesus our high priest even being superior to Melchizedek did not collect tithe and a Nigerian wants to collect on his behalf..lol.Abraham did not tithe from his wealth and when he gave (not pay) tithe to Melchizedek,he returned the remaining 90% to the king of Sodom.so since you want to follow Abraham,kukuma be returning 90% of your salary to your employer's.ode! Melchizedek gave Abraham bread and wine and then Abraham tithed to him.jesus gave his deciples bread and wine but yet did not collect tithe.notice,abraham did not do the tithe,ABRAM did.something he did before His covenant with God that is what Nigerians want to be doing.why not kukuma do what paul was doing when he was SAUL.ode! jacob made a vow to give a tenth,what if it was a fifth?that's a vow my friend and there is no record that he fulfilled that vow furthermore,there were no priest then so how did he tithe? think.Ode!.tell the God of this world that sent you.2cor 4:4...ur argument is dead on arrival

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
If OP tries to confuse you, go meta and discount the Bible in its entirety.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by seunmsg(m): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
If you had read the OP, you would have seen that Jesus received tithe long before it became a practice of the law, that's why he never condemn it when he came to earth. Now, if he never condemned it, who are you to condemn it? Who are you to speak when the most high hasn't spoken?

I read the OP and didn’t see where you quoted from the Bible to support your above claim. Jesus Christ is not Melchizedek. Melchizedek was referred to as a priest in the order of Jesus and not Jesus.

There is no controversy as to who Jesus Christ is in the New Testament, show us where he received tithe from his followers during the period of his ministeration on earth. If you can’t find any, show us where any of his disciples collected tithe from their followers.

While at it, please tell us who Jacob paid his tithe to. We really need to know to avoid all these controversies.

Finally, give us just one example where people paid monetary tithe on weekly/monthly basis in the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by femichill: 9:28am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Who told you they didn't in the past? They don't do such now because religion has enlightened them. By the way, we do t know if they don't. Muslims marry their close kins which is against the Bible commandment.
They don't. There is no where in yoruba history that kins marry each other. Tithe is not by force but personal decision. How are we to choose which laws to follow and which not to obey in old testament. Ciao
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by obowunmi(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Tithing is NOT scriptural.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by brodalokie: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2018
Tithing could have been Adam's source of income in the garden of Eden. The ground of sands of the earth did all the work, given water and nutrients to the plants which later feed the beasts of the fields and lastly their high priest Adam. We are all dependent on tithes for survival as we are all priests and kings via the holy spirit. Many of us do not know where or how our resources are made but we just do our duties.

The house of God is like a teaching school that breeds good citizens by imputing the fear of God into them. Those tutors are feeding from the tithes.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by omojeesu(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2018
I thought you said you yourself don't tithe or used to tithe? Yet you are expending so much energy defending the indefensible.

See I came across you through your brilliant pre-wrath rapture exposition which I subscribe to and have since started to follow you. But on the tithe matter, sorry you are wrong.

I tithed since I got born again about 35 years ago but I did, not because I believed I ought to pay tithe but because I loved God and needed to support His work and ministers. But after, I stopped and instead started giving freely as I felt led 10% or not.

The Law has 3 componets: Ceremonial, Moral and Civil.

The civil derives more from the moral. The moral is unchangeable because it is eternal based on Gods love and holiness. What Jesus did away with was the Ceremonial law under which THE PRACTICE of tithing belonged.

My brother Jesus has nailed the PRACTICE of tithing to the cross as He did Sabbath worship, male circumcision, etc. But the PRINCIPLES remain for us: give as led freely to God, have a day of rest to worship Him, circumcision of the heart rather than of the body, etc, etc

Give but don't call it 'tithe'. Calling it tithe is what has generated unnecessary heat.

As for being 'blind', no I am not. By His grace I 'see'.

Enjoy the day & remain blessed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by CelyStar1212: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Nukilia:
Energy spent on religion could be spent in fixing our societal problems. Go to offices in this country, all of them lay claim to one religion or the other, wickedness and dishonesty abounds in our society today. I wish we can just love ourselves and seek the good of one another. cry

Thank you for this. Many Men and women of God have ruined the lives of people. The neglect the most important aspect of Christianity and are busy chasing money money money. Tithes,seed sowing, any thing that brings in money. Wicked people

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by genkins(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2018
seunmsg:

I read the OP and didn’t see where you quoted from the Bible to support your above claim. Jesus Christ is not Melchizedek. Melchizedek was referred to as a priest in the order of Jesus and not Jesus.

There is no controversy as to who Jesus Christ is in the New Testament, show us where he received tithe from his followers during the period of his ministeration on earth. If you can’t find any, show us where any of his disciples collected tithe from their followers.

While at it, please tell us who Jacob paid his tithe to. We really need to know to avoid all these controversies.

Finally, give us just one example where people paid monetary tithe on weekly/monthly basis in the Bible.
On point.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Fran6ik: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Neighbor and brother are two different things. That's why I explained to you who his brothers are.

As for neighbor, you are to love him but not to the extent of sharing your wife with him.
So you share your wife with your brother.

You people are the one making the world bad and claiming christians. See what Jesus said, do it. And leave d rest for him and stop bringing up wat he never mentioned to be prior to wat he has said.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by gr8tone: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
If we're not living under the law but by grace and the tithe was prescribed by the law, how is it binding on all Christians who now live under the grace? If the tithe was meant for the levites who had no work but were dedicated to the service of the Lord, and now our pastors who now represent the levites are being paid for their labour, why should the tithe still be paid? My Dear God, please save me from my own knowledge of you

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Freeman85(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

1. Tithing doesn't predate the Law

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.
you really took your time to write all these just to make us tithe.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
genkins:

I read the long epistle there and I know you pastors will try to twist and twist scriptures to justify tithing for Christians.preachers are known to be very rich how is it that it's your turn that things will change?lol.
You say tithing predates the law.. I laugh in Greek.you see why the Bible mentioned money as a God.
Jesus Christ was in the order of Melchizedek he had no beginning and end.for you to qualify to collect tithes you should also have no beginning and no end like Melchizedek or Jesus.there is only one high priest in
Christianity and that is jesus.we are all priests under his royal priesthood so who tithes to who?jesus our high priest even being superior to Melchizedek did not collect tithe and a Nigerian wants to collect on his behalf..lol.Abraham did not tithe from his wealth and when he gave (not pay) tithe to Melchizedek,he returned the remaining 90% to the king of Sodom.so since you want to follow Abraham,kukuma be returning 90% of your salary to your employer's.ode! Melchizedek gave Abraham bread and wine and then Abraham tithed to him.jesus gave his deciples bread and wine but yet did not collect tithe.notice,abraham did not do the tithe,ABRAM did.something he did before His covenant with God that is what Nigerians want to be doing.why not kukuma do what paul was doing when he was SAUL.ode! jacob made a vow to give a tenth,what if it was a fifth?that's a vow my friend and there is no record that he fulfilled that vow furthermore,there were no priest then so how did he tithe? think.Ode!.tell the God of this world that sent you.2cor 4:4...ur argument is dead on arrival

Jesus is still the high priest collecting tithe. Of he was Melchizedek who collected tithe from Abraham, what makes you think he still being Melchizedek has changed to the point that he won't collect from the children of Abraham?

Yes, we are all priests, but the church has offices which doesn't belong to everybody. Those in charge of those offices receive the tithe on behalf of the most high priest and do with it what he tells them to.

You said Abraham didn't tithe of his wealth. Was the spoila of war he got not his wealth? What you liars are saying is that the Bible was wrong to have said that Abraham tithed to Melchizedek since you say it wasn't his wealth. Should we believe you or the Bible that said Abraham gave tithe?You can choose to give out the rest of your earnings like Abraham, it's your choice. Abraham did and got bountifully blessed.

Where you expecting Jesus to collect tithe from his disciples who are his spiritual levitie priest?

What do you need the record of Jacob fulfilling a vow for?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2018
Freeman85:

you really took your time to write all these just to make us tithe.
Now that I've seen the truth, failure to pay tithe is your choice.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hopefulLandlord: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2018
AHCB:
dude, don't blaspheme against the holy spirit oh, remember it is the unforgivable sin. grin cheesy

Hahaha
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2018
gr8tone:
If we're not living under the law but by grace and the tithe was prescribed by the law, how is it binding on all Christians who now live under the grace? If the tithe was meant for the levites who had no work but were dedicated to the service of the Lord, and now our pastors who now represent the levites are being paid for their labour, why should the tithe still be paid? My Dear God, please save me from my own knowledge of you
The law says you shouldn't sleep with your sister. Why not go and sleep with her because you are not under the law but under grace?

Please go and read the OP carefully and with an unbiased mind. You will see your questions answered.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

My neighbour is not your responsibility per se, hahaha, Come and see a Christian.

And the sad thing is that other people liked that gibberish.

The poster and his committee of gullible friends have forgotten about the parable of the Good Samaritan. Oh wait, the dont read their bibles.
That is why someone who claims he is a Christian will boldly proclaim that his neighbor is not his responsibility.

Is it any wonder why people dont take the church seriously?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by wanger50(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

You don't blame him.That is what those"Men of God" preach and encourage. Once someone becomes a regular and devout Church goer you see them becoming so inconsiderate of others. Sometimes even their parents. Their sole interest is their "Pastor" and Church matters
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Sermwell(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
And there is nowhere in the same New Testament where Christians are told not to pay tithe. This means it holds. Stopping Christians from paying tithe is the same as speaking when God has not spoken.
you that is saying Christians should pay tithes when the New Testament is silent about it, are you not also speaking where God has not spoken?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2018
Fran6ik:

So you share your wife with your brother.

You people are the one making the world bad and claiming christians. See what Jesus said, do it. And leave d rest for him and stop bringing up wat he never mentioned to be prior to wat he has said.
Jesus mentioned tithing as a good thing to do in Mathew 23:23. But you are saying he never mentioned it as something to do.

Can you see that you are guilty of what you accuse me of?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2018
bla bla bla bla bla where did lord Jesus state clearly say that we sud pay tithe or say that tithe is tied to our blessing? i am waiting to see that verse
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Sermwell:

you that is saying Christians should pay tithes when the New Testament is silent about it, are you not also speaking where God has not spoken?
God spoke in favor of tithing in the Old testament. Now, who are you to say he stopped it in the new testament when he never said such?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by penearth(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2018
God forgive u!!!!
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by negbike(f): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2018
FREEZE IS A SCAMMER! Have you stopped to ask how come this man jumps at every controversial topic, immediately makes a YouTube video of it and then directs you all to go watch it? The other day it was Linda Ikeji then it was Air Peace. This man gets paid by clicks and views by YouTube. Where does that money go?

How is he different from the pastors he criticizes. Is it not the same tithe that he's collecting? I wish you bloggers will stop giving him the attention he desperately craves. The man knows what he is doing and some fools keep following him sheepishly. It's all about money �.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Moukandjo: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church.

The way the OP tried to muddle things up dey funny. Man agrees pastors aren't Levites who God said should collect tithes but claims they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek just to back up crap! Did God order any "spiritual tribe" of Melchizedek to collect tithes?

Jesus collected tithes as Melchizedek (I don't know when Jesus became Melchizedek) but how come when he "reincarnated as Jesus", he didn't deem it necessary to collect the same tithe he "collected as Melchizedek" in the new testament? OP, you no see say you funny?

Again, you were trying to bring up laws that Jesus came to clarify, but you didn't include laws such as Leviticus 19: 27 that weren't clarified by Jesus where we were told not to trim or cut the hair at the sides of your hair (the new fading hairstyle in town now that even your top pastors wear). Why your pastors no dey drum that one into the heads of their church members? Why e be say na only tithe wey them fit see chop dey concern your pastors?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

And the sad thing is that other people liked that gibberish.

The poster and his committee of gullible friends have forgotten about the parable of the Good Samaritan. Oh wait, the dont read their bibles.
That is why someone who claims he is a Christian will boldly proclaim that his neighbor is not his responsibility.

Is it any wonder why people dont take the church seriously?
Is your neighbor your responsibility?

If he wants sex, can you allow him have your wife or daughter?

Cm you now understand the grammar "per se"?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by sunkieisland(m): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2018
Many FRZ supporters are codedly paying tithes in thier churches and condemning same on all social media pages.

If you are convinced that you're really a Christian, then the one whom you serve will reveal the truth to you.

The new testament that the so called FRZ is quoting says that all scripture is Inspired by God, old and new testament, and it is profitable for correction, reproof, guidance in righteousness, that the man of God - you, might be perfect.

It wasn't just new testament only. That's the reason a relationship with the Holy Spirit is germaine.

Shalom
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by toolovely(m): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2018
Abraham gave one tenth of the spoils of war not because he was commanded but from his heart. From Genesis 14, are you aware that Abraham did not take any share from the spoils of war? Besides, the Bible recorded that Abram was rich in cattle, ram etc but he didn't give from his wealth.

About Jacob, he gave a conditional offer. It was a vow not an obligation.

In the law, you are wrong to say that you can give tight with money. Saying that agricultural products was a measure of one's wealth, are you saying that only wealthy people were commanded to tithe?
Besides, they were other professions in the time of old. There were blacksmiths which was one of the major professions then, there were carpenters and others. But it was particularly farm products. Yes money was not part of it. In Deuteronomy 14:25 & 26, explains it better. If the place of the temple is far from you sell those products and when you get close to the temple, use the money to buy whatsoever....all farm products.

Jesus never endorsed tithing . The message there was that there are more important things to be talking about than talking about tithing. If someone while discussing with him says, please let's leave that to discuss more important things, it obviously means that the topic is not important.

And you said Jesus received tithe? From who and when? Jesus never received from anyone but he gave.

Tithing was never for running the church. The Bible recorded how even how churches in the old testament were built. Not from tithe. If pastors are paid from tithe, every other worker in the church should be paid because if they claim to be priests, then those who work in the church are all from the tribe of Levi.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2018
Moukandjo:

The way the OP tried to muddle things up dey funny. Man says Jesus collected tithes as Melchizedek (I don't know when Jesus became Melchizedek) but how come when he "reincarnated as Jesus", he didn't deem it necessary to collect the same tithe he "collected as Melchizedek" in the new testament? OP, you no see say you funny?

Again, you were trying to bring up laws that Jesus came to clarify, but you didn't include laws such as Leviticus 19: 27 that weren't clarified by Jesus where we were told not to trim or cut the hair at the sides of your hair (the new fading hairstyle in town now that even your top pastors wear). Why your pastors no dey drum that one into the heads of their church members? Why e be say na only tithe wey them fit see chop dey concern your pastors?

How do you expect Jesus to colleCt tithe when he was still battling to make the unbelieving Jews accept him as the Messiah?

We Christians who accept him as Messiah pay tithe to him. Mind you, even his followers before crucifixion were not certain he was Messiah, hence there was no need for them to pay to the to him. Moreover they were still very much under the law which Jesus also practiced..

As for hair, Paul had so many Greek and Roman believers who didn't keep beard and shaved their hair however they wanted. So that law doesn't hold anymore. Paul only advised against men having long hair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / Mbaka Says He Has 39 More Prophecies / Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.